[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prepare for November Hiro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (227 KB, 1500x432) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
227 KB, 1500x432
Ok Hiro, now is the time to prepare for November. No matter what the election result is, /pol/ will no doubt crash within minutes, and other boards will follow.

The best bet is for Hiro to suspend most rules site wide for a few days and let the fire burn out on its own. Trying to enforce and shut people down will make it persist for weeks
>>
>>472972

Honestly, if Trump wins, you wont have to worry about a thing.
If anything, the ensuing mass-suicide of Reddit users will will improve site quality dramatically.
>>
>>472990
this

I can't wait to see all those redditors kill themselves when God Emperor Donald Trump gets elected. True Capitalist Army is on standby .
>>
>>472992
>he doesnt remember the asshurt of 2012 when romney got defeated
>>
>>472999

Actually. I remember it clearly and it's the entire reason I dont want to see it happen again.

The butthurt following Romney's loss will be nothing in comparison to what you'd see if Trump failed.

/pol/ only supported Romney because they didnt have much of a choice - Ron Paul notwithstanding because lol independent.

Romney was a hack. If Trump loses it actually means something. It means this country is done for.
>>
What if he made a temporary board just for election discussion?
>>
As someone who doesn't go to /pol/, I think I agree with OP. Having a plan for managing the shitstorm no matter the results is a good idea - even if the plan is to just sit back and watch.
I for one will probably stay away from 4chan for some weeks before and after the election, I hate this kind of happening.
>>
>>473076
This wouldn't make any difference to the rest of the site. Even if they made it a bannable offense to mention the election elsewhere but on that board, the sheer amount of people posting about it would completely cripple the mod team and they wouldn't be able to enforce anything else for weeks. Every single one of the large boards is gonna explode. I'll be hiding in /i/.
>>
>>473008
>Romney was a hack. If Trump loses it actually means something. It means this country is done for.
Trump is not a whack? Trump winning or him even running and having a chance is not already a death sign for your egoistic country and its retarded citizen, and even worse the pollitical clima of the entire world?
>>
>>473332
Yes because having Hilldog is a better alternative
>>
>>472972
Just rangeban all IPs from America for November till the rest of the year. In fact, they should start that now and leave it in place. The site would improve dramatically within hours.
>>
>>473463
>The site would improve dramatically within hours.
How so?
>>
Just close 4chan entirely for the duration of the elections, one month before and one month after.

A hiatus should be good for everyone, mods and staff included.

Institute unflinchingly strict zero tolerance moderation on all boards when it comes back to clean house. No warnings, no temp bans, no mercy. One strike and its permaban for you, keep it coming back and your whole range is banned forever.

GAS THE SHITPOSTERS, CHAN WAR NOW

>>473485
Instantly removes one of the largest sources of shitposting sitewide

Seriously everyone has noticed the steep decline in post quality that coincides with Americans coming home from work/school at least once. Other countries' 'prime time' is no where near as cancerous and shitpost laden as american prime time.
>>
>>472992
I can't wait for Trumpfags to collapse when they see their idol falling apart.
>>
>tfw whoever wins, I win because the drama in either feasible outcome will produce butthurt and schadenfreude on a scale previously thought impossible

Trump and Hillary can fuck up the country all they want, I will just sit here laughing at the absurdity of it all while the world burns down around me.
>>
>>473491
>Instantly removes one of the largest sources of shitposting sitewide
But we're not Australians
>>
Palin is literally retarded, but Alaska must be a gratifying state to live in. If Clinton wins and bans guns and happiness, Alaskans can just ignore her and dare anyone to try to enforce anything in their frozen hellscape. If Trump wins, the nuclear apocalypse probably won't even spread up that high, and if you're living in Alaska you probably know a good survivalist. Either way, you have the nicest buffer against the mainland horseshit imaginable: Canada.
>>
>>472990
>if Trump wins, you wont have to worry about a thing
Except for the fucking memes on every board. I can imagine the shit storm on boards that are perceived as liberal like /lit/ or /sci/.
>>
File: reaganomics_thumb.jpg (76 KB, 465x612) Image search: [Google]
reaganomics_thumb.jpg
76 KB, 465x612
>>473546
>mfw I'm blasting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOCxegQupMU out my window at maximum volume in anticipation
>>
>>473547
Presumably they'll deal with it and continue discussing literature and science.
>>
>>473485
American IPs are responsible for 99% of the shitposting, spam, normalfaggotry and illegal content on the site.
>>
>>473569
Yea and this is AMERICAN internet that we graciously allow you to use. Go make your own internet if you don't like it
>>
If Trump wins he'd probably have 4chan shut down because he thinks we're a host of extremist terrorists

Seeing you guys beat each other up and threaten to kill people over an election is pretty funny
>>
>>473569
99%? Did you make a survey? Do you have access to every IP on the site?
>>
>>473569
>>474223
Not to mention, seeing as the majority of posts on this site PERIOD are made by Americans, I think it really says a lot that the title of "shitposting kings" is still most attributed to Australians.
>>
>>473693
Good
>>
>presidential elections
>/pol/ goes full fucking force on memeposting/shitposting
>servers crash
>boards burn to the ground
>the site becomes massively slower for 2 whole months
>mods have given up
>only a few obscure small boards manage to survive

which small, slow, obscure board will you be hiding in lads?
>>
>>473689
Internet was invented by the British and wireless technology was invented by Australians.
The board you are using now is the invention of the Japanese.
The site is owned by a Japanese.

>>474223
You fucking retard, Americans are the extreme majority of traffic on the site and outside of /int/, almost all of the shitposting is exclusively about shit related to the actions of other Americans. That's kind of wat happens when a nation who cannot comprehend a world beyond their own boarders has with millions of people connected to the internet using it as their prime form of human interaction.

You can't have your deep-fried cake and eat it, burgerclap.
>>
>>473008
>It means this country is done for.
Save yourself the wasted time and kill yourself now.
>>
>>475108
>telling others on the internet to kill themselves

take your own advice loser
>>
>>473485
American Power Hour is dreaded site wide
>>
>>473693
>move servers to literally ANY other country
>????
>PROFIT!
>>
>>473537
Australian primetime is fun.
>>
>>475046
>The board you are using now is the invention of the Japanese.
4chan was made by an American using code stolen from the Japanese.
>>
>>475046

Wrong actually.

America invented the Internet, the British invented the World Wide Web.
>>
Well my country's big fat dick is bigger than your country's!!! take that!!
>>
>there are people on 4chan who support hillary clinton

what? how can you support that lying bitch?
>>
>>475045
Those will be the first to go
>>
>>473491
>Instantly removes one of the largest sources of posting sitewide
ftfy
>>
>>473332
I think your perception of reality is skewed if wall meme's will save the country.
>>
We should do what this thread suggests: >>476797
>>
>>472972
Prepare prepare
>>
/pol/ knows best
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.