[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell is this allowed on /a/? This image gets posted everyday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: 1458333858571.jpg (22 KB, 301x320) Image search: [Google]
1458333858571.jpg
22 KB, 301x320
Why the hell is this allowed on /a/?
This image gets posted everyday with the text: "I'm going to post this everyday until you like it." It's been going on for years now.
>>>/a/138792630

Don't say that it's board culture, because it's not. It's shitposting.
>>
>>471468
Idiot
>>
HE HATES IT
>>
>>471468
>It's even a banner.

Either you're the most tight ass newfag to ever disgrace this place, or this is some new level of ironic shitposting.
>>
>>471468
Fuck off newfag.
Sakurafish has been around for nearly a decade.
Consider liking it or fuck off.
>>
File: 271.png (277 KB, 680x746) Image search: [Google]
271.png
277 KB, 680x746
>>471468
I don't like the fact that it's gotten dignified with a banner, but it's not going away at this point. 8 years of precedent goes for a whole damn lot on this site.

Though I still will never like it.
>>
>>471499
Fuck off. You have no right to talk about anything /a/ related.
>>
>>471499
>>471468
every day until you like it
>>
>This shit is allowed.
>Can't have an 'anime recommendation' general.

/a/ is trash. Unless you eat up all the anime that's produced every year and you're updated, there's no point in going there.

Fuck me for having other stuff to do and wanting someone to help me filter the moeshit trash and find some anime with engaging plot and decent art.
>>
>>471468
>Don't say that it's board culture, because it's not. It's shitposting.
>wah wah wah someones posting threads i dont liek even though me no participate in it :(
>>
It's board culture.
>>
File: CBRngAwUsAAKLeS.jpg (56 KB, 600x636) Image search: [Google]
CBRngAwUsAAKLeS.jpg
56 KB, 600x636
>>471468
CHAIKA ON THE FRONT STAGE
>>
>>471590
Now this is a high quality example of /a/'s luxurious culture. This kind of thing is literally required to keep /a/ an adult community.
>>
It actually is indeed board culture. I mean, you may not like it, but that's kind of the joke. It's an inside joke which actually holds a lot of weight around 4chan. It's not shitposting if you're basically doing the same thing. It's almost on the same level of being proud of your heritage and the people who came before you at this point really. Just read this and maybe you'll understand.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sakurafish-every-day-until-you-like-it
>>
File: tumblr_nujrtvJLBl1sggo2jo2_540.jpg (92 KB, 449x799) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nujrtvJLBl1sggo2jo2_540.jpg
92 KB, 449x799
ONII CHAN!!! GO SUCK A DICK!!!
>>
>>471603
This person has the right idea, /a/'s culture should never die. This kind of post vital to the survival of the board.
>>
So why was it allowed to become board culture? The first couple of times it was posted all of you probably agreed that it was shitposting. When and why did you change your mind?

Can I go to /a/ and start spamming something everyday? I mean, it's board culture, or it will be soon?
>>
File: a 2015.jpg (2 MB, 3584x2160) Image search: [Google]
a 2015.jpg
2 MB, 3584x2160
>>471758
We're already headed that way with Umaru and Chaika. At this rate, every thread on /a/ will be a daily shitposting thread within ten years.
>>
>>471566
>>>/wsr/
>>
File: 1366552885362.gif (408 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1366552885362.gif
408 KB, 250x250
Fact of the matter is that no one wants to have fun anymore round here. They'll moan about their serious discussion and proper posts, but the actual threads they visit will be trash anyway. It's like everyone is so scared of shitposters that they've taken to deeming anything and everything as a shitpost.

Ease up man, you're literally on an anime imageboard, don't take yourself so seriously. Attitudes like yours are becoming more common. Sort of killing the spirit of 4chan desu, pic in OP could never even become a thing nowadays because everyone would bitch
>>
>>471566
>AN ENTIRE BOARD WAS CREATED FOR THIS PURPOSE
>YOU STILL WANT A FUCKING GENERAL SO YOU CAN LIVE THERE AND TALK ABOUT SEMEN WITH YOUR BUDDIES, LIKE THEY DO IN ALL THE OTHER GENERALS
>>
/a/ is just so bad. Just check the catologue, it's 50% garbage threads.

Worst thread right now:
"ONIICHAN FEED UMARU BREADO UMARU DAISUKI BREADO"
>>>/a/138782520

Another gem:
"Kaname is cute. CUTE!"
>>>/a/138830256
>>
>>471566
>WHAT WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WATCH AND ENJOY MY HOBBY IF I WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT ON /a/ DESPITE THE FACT THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF BETTER FORUMS AND IMAGE BOARDS SUITED TO ME AND WOULD SUCK MY DICK
>>
>>471763
Fuck off retard. Umaru and Chaika are actually /v/ermin shit, as if you know anything about /a/. That >2015 image is also one of the cancer ones.
>>
>>471468
Maybe the mods have bigger fish to fry (no pun intended), and this just isn't that important. I agree, though, not only is this /b/-tier shit (there is never any actual discussion about anime, and is therefor off-topic), but spamming and reposting are specifically against the rules.

Why even have rules if they're not going to be enforced? And fuck your "board culture," that's not an excuse. No one has been able to point out anything in the rules that says that board culture is exempt. Nor has anyone been able to point to anything in the rules that says that if you're not a "newfag," then the rules don't apply and you can break them at will. (And no one has any way of proving how new or old someone is, so any accusation along those lines is bullshit to begin with.)

Selectively enforcing some rules but not others is just as bad as having no rules at all. We already have a board like that, it's called /b/. Other boards should have rules and have them all enforced. Otherwise, all other boards might as well be deleted and replaced with a hundred pages of /b/, because that's what a site with no rules would look like.
>>
>>471478
>>471496
>newfag
Unless you work for an ISP or the NSA or something, you have no proof of how new someone is, so just fuck off with that bullshit.

>>471598
>knowyourmeme.com
This is what's wrong with not just /a/, but 4chan as a whole. This obsession with dank ebin maymay shit belongs on /b/, the rest of the boards should be for on-topic content and discussion.
>>
>>473004
Newfag

>This obsession with dank ebin maymay shit belongs on /b/, the rest of the boards should be for on-topic content and discussion.

Rulefag, straight back to le Reddit with you.
>>
>>471758
I agree anon
>>
>>471468
HE DOESN'T LIKE IT!!
>>
>>471797
>the umaru thread is still up
just kill me now senpai
>>
Umaru at least changes a few times.

I think Umaru should now get the fish.
>>
This meme has been on /a/ longer than you have kid, just fuck off.
>>
>>473092
The people here who realize that it's not anime or manga don't care how long this not-anime-or-manga thread has been around. It is still not anime or manga.

I've known of this thread which-is-not-anime-or-manga for years, and you know what? It's still not anime or manga.

Look at it this way. Your precious board culture thread's existence encourages newfags to make their own epic culture thread. Let's say one of those is made, and becomes board culture; you personally dislike it, it makes no sense, but you can't do shit about it because the newfags who like it will only accuse you of being "new".

What will you do then? Claim that a nonsensical board-culture thread doesn't become authentic just because it got forced on everyone until enough people liked it for it to catch on? Good luck with that.
>>
>>471468
/I\'m going to post this everyday until you like it./

Add this to your filters and you'll never see it again.
>>
File: shiggilypuff.jpg (28 KB, 549x442) Image search: [Google]
shiggilypuff.jpg
28 KB, 549x442
>>471499
>derp_commander !!SSXdvR3LCoa
>fucking
>derp
>commander
>he is the commander of the derps
>he goes on 4chan EVERY DAY and shitposts under his super special unique snowflake name, "derp_commander" with his super special unique snowflake tripcode
>he is the one
>the only
>love him or hate him
>derp_commander
>>
>>473165
Haha, first tripfag, huh? Yeah, you get used to them.
>>
File: 05d.jpg (27 KB, 324x236) Image search: [Google]
05d.jpg
27 KB, 324x236
>>473165
> being this triggered
> not using filters
>>
>>473165
That's pretty good. I'm gonna start using this for the tripfags I actually hate.
>>
>>473003
This guy gets it.

By default, a board's culture will surround the topic of a board. Global and board rules exist to keep good control/containment/corraling of site-wide and individual board cultures. Hiro IS right about why rules are in place (To keep as many users as possible happy on their boards of interest).

To expand on that: Rules are in place so that boards can be properly unique as well. There should be bold and easy to recognize and understand lines in the sand to tell people what should and shouldn't be on any given board. If the lines become blurred (obviously selective rule enforcement) and difficult to interpret, then the users will lose a sense of what should be on that board. It becomes a mess.

PS: People complaining about global rule 3 and 6 are only complaining that they can't act like a complete idiot. Those rules are in place to tell people to not be a blatant asshole for no reason or act like an idiot. Show some self control, and those rules shouldn't be a problem at all.
>>
>>471797
That's how /a/ and a lot of the more popular boards function though. Completely inane OPs that still clearly demarcate the topic.
>>
The rules are not sacred
>>
>>473270
They're in place to keep things running smoothly, and EVERYONE happy, not just a select few people who believe they should always be above the rules. If the rules need to be changed, then change them. That way people know what to expect from a board.
>>
>>473276
to keep most people happy.

and re: >>473146 I wouldn't complain, at all.
>>
>>473297
>most people
Yeah, I meant to say "the majority". It's completely unrealistic to expect literally everyone to be happy about anything.
>>
Where's the line between things that you don't like and things are that lowering the quality of the board?
>>
>>473317
It's where I want to draw them, everything I don't like is what's lowering the quality of the board.
>>
>>473297
>I wouldn't complain, at all.
I want you to think about that the next time you're in a thread you enjoy that's about to 404, someone makes an "everyday until..." thread, killing your thread. Either SakuraFish, or a copycat created by an ambitious newfag.

Bonus if it's a Narutard or (more likely) a baiter looking for a few replies. I've seen those several times, and I want SakuraFish's defenders to explain why they wouldn't complain at all if this were to happen.
>>
>>473335
>I want you to think about that the next time you're in a thread you enjoy that's about to 404
And for what reason he wouldn't bump a thread that he enjoys to stop it from 404ing?
>>
>>473335
I don't really seek to impose my will onto the board and simply seek to experience whatever pleasures may be afforded to me, dwelling in equanimity. Why would I be on /qa/ then? To argue with the overzealous fools out of boredom and curiosity.
>>
>>473317
Try to ignore your personal likes and dislikes, and look at things from an objective perspective, then ask yourself a few questions like: Does this belong on this board? Is there any worth in this thread/post relative to this board? Does it disrupt the flow of the board/thread? Does my post or thread clash with the theme of the board so much, that the thread is likely to become a mess of trolling/baiting and shitposting? Is there a better board for what I want to post and talk about?

Basically, whatever follows the written rules without contorting or selectively choosing them them to fit one's personal opinion is a safe bet.

If you're on 4chan, you're expected to be educated to at least a high school level, and to act at least as mature as someone of that age. Anyone of that age should be aware of their actions. Follow the rules, sure, but don't follow them like your real life depends on it. But there are some obvious things that you should not be posting all over the place.
>>
So much newfags in here.

Sakurafish threads were deleted every now and then back in the day. Correctly, they didn't had a place in /a/ according to the rules, and the janitors tried to actively enforce them so the tripfag was constantly banned. However, back on the day, the interface for janitor duties was clumsy, and the amount of shitposting on other threads was higher than these days, because we didn't had many of the containment boards, so the bigger boards were even bigger cluster fucks of things vaguely related to each other. So the response from janitors to sakurafish threads was slow, and several times the thread would fall from the board because lack of responses. And even if OP was banned, he was one modem reset away from the next thread. Then, we always had rulefags like OP.

Yes, OP, your kind is responsible for sakurafish and, actually, for many of the dumbest memes on 4chan. Dubs guy became a meme because people like you, because NotFunAllowed.jpg responses were fuelling the threads. Responses on the vein of "One on every 11 responses is a repeating number, is insignificant, there's no reason to point it as some achievement!" was answered back with "you're envious of my repeating digits... also, check'em". And, in a similar way, sakurafish threads filled with "I don't like it" were followed with yet another sakurafish thread.

And once people began to notice how thin skinned faggots would get butthurt because something so simple, it began to spread and eventually became part of the community. Even if the tripfag Sakura(fish) were to die tomorrow or past tomorrow, plenty of people will keep the meme alive just to feed on the tears of tight butt autistic anons who does't like it. (Mind you, originally the OP on sakurafish threads didn't had a tripcode, so I'm not even sure is the same guy) The janitors are already aware of this, and it have become a tradition, so they don't bother.
>>
>>473466
So the janitors just gave up? That's not right. This is shitposting and should be deleted.

I'm not expecting this to disappear, this is obviously done by a mega-autist. But I do expect janitors and mods to al least TRY to do their damn job.
>>
The /a/ entitlement is real
>>
le "this shitposting is old so its ok" face
>>
>>474349
>le "welcome to the new age" face
Just fuck off already
>>
File: mlp cheerleader.png (509 KB, 900x1400) Image search: [Google]
mlp cheerleader.png
509 KB, 900x1400
>>474302
>>Sakurafish is a banner

Listen, newfag, the janitor didn't just "gave up" without giving a fight, they literally admitted their defeat in containing the sakurafish by making them something that will outlast every single newfag who doesn't have a clue about the history of 4chan.

Isn't neither the first time, the last, and certainly faggots like you can't do a damn thing about it. So either grow a thicker skin or leave the place, pansy.
>>
>>474728
Typical /a/utist. You gave up, the janitors gave up and now you're trying to turn this into something good by saying that it's board culture. You can't make this shit up, it's absurd, typical of weebs. You get fucked in the ass everyday by this autist and you pretend to like it.
>>
>>474733
nye's dubs
>>
>>474728
>they literally admitted their defeat
Fuck off newfag.
All that would have needed to have been done is autoban the common phrases used in the thread.
>So either grow a thicker skin or leave the place, pansy.
You are saying this to people who have been on /a/ vastly longer than you have and who have voiced their opinions about this cancerous shit multiple times over the years.

You know those occasional metathreads which the autistic newfags on /a/ hate? That's where you see the real /a/nons come out of the woodwork and voice their frustrations. Don't be surprised when you see in on /qa/. We are far more sick of you than you are sick of us.
>>
File: Cl.jpg (174 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
Cl.jpg
174 KB, 1462x1462
Let /q/ = 4chan Discussion and /qa/ = Question & Answer
⇔ /q/ =/= Question & Answer
⇔ /qa/ =/= 4chan Discussion
⇔ /q/ =/= /qa/

>>474804
>You are saying this to people who have been on /a/ vastly longer than you have and who have voiced their opinions about this cancerous shit multiple times over the years.
FUCKING KEK
You actually believe this
You actually typed this
You actually thought this was okay to post

You want censorship? Try Reddit. Acknowledge my existence if you admit that I win and you're a Reddit user.
>>
Just as a comparison: mods and janitors on /tv/ fight hard against Baneposting, despite the fact that it's board culture. There has even been Bane-stickies, but ordinary Baneposting still gets dealt with.
>>
>>474820
Different anon here.
I love when this happens, a weeb getting BTFO'd by a more high ranking weeb.
>>
>>474820
>You want censorship?
General threads and the autistic repetitious mindset that follows them is a form of creative censorship because it drowns out valid discussion.

I don't know how reddit operates and fail to see what that site has to do with your complete lack of awareness of how 4chan existed for years before you and your autistic simulacrum arrived on the scene in 2007 and then 2009.

>>475652
Don't samefag.
>>
File: free tripcodes please eat.png (141 KB, 817x880) Image search: [Google]
free tripcodes please eat.png
141 KB, 817x880
>>471468

I just read this as:

I'm too stupid to figure out how to use the filter function
>>
>>471468
8 years. That fish ain't going anywhere.
>>
>>476943

I just read this as:

Solving a problem is as simple as just sweeping it under the rug.

>>477019
So, breaking the rules is perfectly okay as long as you've been breaking them long enough? How the hell does that make sense?
>>
In this ITT: GaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
>>
If you do something silly enough times it becomes a tradition. In real life they're called holidays or events.
>>
>>477617
>>
On /pol/ we have a guy who posts the same thread every hour, the same reply to other threads every couple minutes, and has been doing this for months. He's forced multiple memes this way. Don't know how to report him for more than just one post, I'm working on a compilation. Currently have around 60 posts, aiming for 1000.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.