[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reading a review for this Hustle Cat game. >The romances are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: hustlecat.png (176 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
hustlecat.png
176 KB, 600x335
Reading a review for this Hustle Cat game.
>The romances are all EXTREMELY cute and really lovely; there's no toxic relationship ideals in this game, all the characters are well rounded and doing their best.
>there's no toxic relationship ideals in this game

What does this mean?
>>
Well there you have it, we really do have prolific /v/ shitposters on /qa/.
>>
>>470822
Just answer the fucking question.
>>
File: beary pink for you.png (171 KB, 990x464) Image search: [Google]
beary pink for you.png
171 KB, 990x464
>>
>>470793
It means the reviewer is an sjw.
>>
>>470882
That can't be true. SJW is not a thing that exists.
>>
>>470793
"Toxic Relationships Ideals" is a term for when characters have relationships for next to no reason with no chemistry only because they're attractive physically. It also includes things like in Dating Sims where your player character has a bunch of bitches that wanna hop on your dick for next to no reason. The idea is that it gives retarded manchildren the wrong idea of how relationships work. Hustle Cat is a visual novel. So is "Meet 'N' Fuck". Not everybody likes Meet 'N' Fuck, so when they say "No toxic relationship ideals" they are saying "This isn't Meet 'N' Fuck. These characters actually have personalities."

It is important to remember when listening to criticism of certain games that LOTS of video games exist. Lots of them. And most of them are godawful. People who criticize the gaming industry as a whole typically aren't talking about your favorite game. They're usually talking about games you also don't like. I am *not* talking about Anita Sarkezian or any of the other people who make a living driving up controversy. I'm talking about random nobodies talking shit. Most human beings are just as reasonable as you and they come from some other walk of life or have some other backstory that leads them to believe something that you would probably believe yourself if you had the same friends and family as they do.
>>
toxic is another term for abusive
so it would mean the relationships don't feature coercion, "negging", gaslighting, physical or emotional abuse, anything you could consider abusive.

>>471117
I think you missed the exit to
>>>/v/
>>
>>471117
You wrote your post in a strange way that made me feel like it was more difficult to understand than it should have been, for some reason. But I think I get it. I suppose the phrase confused me because I haven't run into many VNs where that actually applies (but I'm pretty good at choosing things that appeal to me so if I play it, it's usually good).

>>471141
Amnesia is the only English translated VN I can think of that contains any of those things.
>>
>>471144
don't forget some people have very... lenient standards of what's considered a toxic relationship
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.