[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Higher Aspirations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1380457561731.jpg (188 KB, 800x798) Image search: [Google]
1380457561731.jpg
188 KB, 800x798
So you decided you wanted to be a Janitor. And perhaps one day, a Mod.
Share your stories of higher aspirations.

Mine is a common one.
>Been on the site 10 years
>Finally sick of the flood shitposting on /v/
>Think it's about time I do something.
>Wait a long time for the janitor application window to open up.
>The time comes, and I put a lot of thought into the application.
>Gave detailed, yet brief answers to all the questions.
>Go about my business.
>Check mail everyday for a week.
>Nothing.
>Check mail everyday for a month.
>Nothing
>Check mail here and there for months.
>Still nothing.
>Finally face the fact that my application was rejected.

It's not fair. I would be an amazing janitor. I genuinely just want to clean up /v/. I'm not a moron. And I'm on 4chan everyday for long times.
Meanwhile, I sit and watch /v/ get shit on more and more. Helpless.
>>
>newfag doesn't even know what a janitor does
>he literally thinks one janitor can clean /v/
This is why janitor applications from /qa/ posters are rejected. They're hell bent on ruining the site more, not making it better.
>>
>>469941
The things you say don't make sense.
>>
>>469936
can you please post a little bit of the application you sent?
>>
>>469946
I don't have it saved.
Would anyone save their application? That would be strange.
>>
>>469949
Just the grasp of it
>>
>>469955
I basically told them I'm on /v/ a lot, so I have a decent knowledge of the culture of the board. No one can really know everything about a board, because you can't be in all threads at all times. But I'm patient enough to review what I'm about to delete, before I delete it. I'm not too quick to pull the trigger.

For the question part of the application: I basically answered that the main problem with the board, are certain anons who relentlessly bombard the board with off topic threads. And that there's not much one can do to fix the issue. Except stay on top of them the best one can. You just got to keep deleting off topic threads rapidly, so other anons don't get pulled into them.

My only real concern is against the off topic threads and flamebait threads. Of course I would also have to delete other stuff. But I believe that the bulk of the mess on the board, begins with the off topic thread spam. Setting a precedent that /v/ is just video game themed /b/.
>>
>>469949
>Would anyone save their application? That would be strange.

I would. I like to keep backups of stuff I write in case I ever need to use it again. This served me well one time when a troll admin wiped all the profiles on a site I went to, and I was one of the few people who had the foresight to have a backup of mine. Amusingly I didn't write nearly as much text as most people, though.
>>
I'm highly responsible for a lot of post and thread deletions on /v/ already. I see a post that has been up for hours, blatant posts like "what does her asshole smell like?", I report it, and it often gets deleted within 20 minutes deending on teh time of day. Honestly, I would like to be a janitor, but I believe my vision for /v/ is too unrealistic at this moment. I would delete a lot of posts that are seen as "accepted" on /v/. The kind of post that basically has nothing to do with video games or is just a very poor post in general, but isn't intense enough to usually be deleted by the current team. At this moment, my actions would seriously rustle a good portion of the users because they are used to /v/ being a dumping ground for stupidity and garbage.
>>
>>469936
Are you insane?

Moderators/Janitors/etc across the internet are expected to interpret the rules in an almost cold-hearted manner that tends to ignore the situation with a priority on enforcing arbitrary rules decided by committee. Good luck getting any sort of curating going on. You'll end up hating it.
>>
>>469944
>If I say it doesn't make sense I'll win the argument and Hiro will let me suck his dick!
/q/tards, everyone.
>>
>>469962
/a/ here. It comforts me a little to know that I'm not the only one who failed despite writing stuff similar to yours.
>>
>>469936
I know that I'd never get janny position. If I did, I'd wait a few months and then proceed to nuke every fucking generalfag and general off of /a/ rapidly. I would at the exact same time find a dozen of unbanned proxy's and then make tons of threads and posts moking generalfags and making faggot speeches to encourage /a/nons to rise up and shitpost generals and the shit again and this will without a doubt make a ton rise up since /a/ is still the most anti-general board on the site. I will quickly lose my position, but, the result of this would be giving the mods an insane amount of work. Why? Because /a/nons would of went back to sage shitpost nuking generals if I do it right. This will force the mods into a position were they have to decision. Follow older /a/ culture and nuke the generals or allow them and bring forth a new age. Naturally, the latter option will make the board go fucking nuclear for most likely months making the former the only option if they don't want to spend months cleaning up after themselves and me.
>>
>>469936
It happened to me with /a/ too. Now I have to watch the rampant biased janitor of /a/ ruin everything and dismiss valid reports while bragging about it ;_;
>>
>>470162
Why do you hate /qa/ so much?
>>
>>469936
I think I would be a horribly negligent janitor and if somehow I ever got mod powers I'd bring partyhard mode back and abuse it so I don't even bother applying for such things.

That said, it'd be fun for a while but would probably get tedious. It's really a thankless job if you think about it. If everything goes right nobody notices.
>>
>>470326
you the guy that hate djt arent you. go hire some prostitute. find a fuck buddy. seek psychiatric help.
>>
>>470326
>if they don't want to spend months cleaning up after themselves and me.
They have spent months cleaning up stupid shit before and they'll do it again in the future, at the added bonus of making every member of staff hate you and everything you stand for.
>>
>>470667
What are you on about you stupid nigger? Most /a/nons fucking hate generals.

>>470670
Good. I honestly doubt the modern mods would ever bother spending months cleaning shit up, but if they did, it would just mean I am finally free from this shit hole if /a/ truly became a general board.
>>
>>470640
Looks like the mods don't want to hire anyone who will actually do shit.
>>
>>470688
>I honestly doubt the modern mods would ever bother spending months cleaning shit up
There was GG and /mlp/.

>it would just mean I am finally free from this shit hole
Destroying the world so you can be free of it is an anime-tier motivation, so I approve.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.