[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Allow OPs to delete their own threads under specific circumstances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: djtfun.png (189 KB, 1123x338) Image search: [Google]
djtfun.png
189 KB, 1123x338
When generals get dupe revived after they fall off the board, sometimes multiple people post the same general. This can particularly happen if more than one person wants to be the next person to make the thread.

Then we need to wait for a mod/janitor to come around and delete the dupe threads. It's particularly bad because if this doesn't happen two entire threads can be kept alive at once.

People should be able to delete their own threads if they're extremely young and share a subject title with another thread. That way people who mess up and post a second general can delete it without waiting for a janitor/mod, and there's no threat of it getting bumped repeatedly and living too long.
>>
>>469869
Yeah, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to delete your thread, for let's say five minutes after creation.
>>
>>469869
Or maybe just deal with the fact that people can create threads and ones which do not attract conversation with naturally fall off the board. Trying to force this one thread dedicated to a single thing at a given time is in effect enforcing a culture of general threads, which naturally stifle creativity and limit conversation.

Your pic related in particular contains a general thread on /a/ which belongs on either /jp/ or /int/, and so should be moved by mods regardless. Why are mods moving other /jp/ threads from /a/ but not a thread which is fundamentally /jp/ in nature? That is another good question, but maybe for a different thread.
>>
>>470212
DJT is not a /jp/ thread, anon. /jp/ is a niche otaku culture board. The japanese language is not a niche otaku interest.
>>
>>469869
>>470181
Eh? They haven't changed this. You have to wait a single minute to delete your thread, that's all. You are only unable to delete it after quite a bit of time has passed, and if it was an accident you would have noticed it within a minute.
>>
>>470232
People usually try within the first minute then give up thinking they can't delete it. Especially off /vg/.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>his goal in life is the be the one to create a general thread before someone else
>>
>>470232
Are you sure about that? I'm fairly confident my attempts to delete shit have always failed, even after a minute has passed.
>>
>>470222
>DJT is not a /jp/ thread, anon.
Yes it is.
>The japanese language is not a niche otaku interest.
It very much so it. They even have Japanese learning threads on /jp/ from time to time.
>>
>>470253
It's as off-topic in /jp/ as it is in /a/ and overlooked because people pretend they're both boards for arbitrary weeb shit.
>>
>>470253
>It very much so it.
Nope.
>>
>>470253
Languages belong on /int/ anon. This also applies to japanese. The japanese language is not "Otaku Culture".
>>
>>470254
>It's as off-topic in /jp/
It's perfectly on topic on topic in /jp/. Are you retarded or are you one of the retards who use that general?

>>470255
See above.
>>
>>470258
>It's perfectly on topic in /jp/.
It is not and has never been.

>Are you retarded or are you one of the retards who use that general?
No, I use /jp/.
>>
>>470258
>It's perfectly on topic on topic in /jp/. Are you retarded or are you one of the retards who use that general?
Do you even know jp's rules?
>>
>>470242
All of those threads were created by one guy who is waging a sustained, multi-front campaign against /a/ and "DJT", which is a containment thread for all the people reading untranslated Japanese content.
>>
>>469869
general fags outside of /vg/ like you should be banned on site, specially /a/ cancer, which only brought kids and plebs there.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.