[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something needs to be done about /tg/ I'm not here to advocate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tg is dying.png (10 KB, 386x153) Image search: [Google]
tg is dying.png
10 KB, 386x153
Something needs to be done about /tg/

I'm not here to advocate for /quest/ board, I'm here to draw attention to the "general" problem.

I think most people will agree that /v/ - /vg/ split was mostly positive for both groups. It freed up space for legitimate discussion and the general circlejerking was put somewhere out of sight.

/tg/ right now, is in a worse state than /v/ was before the split. It is very nearly impossible to have a discussion that would conceivably exist in a general outside of it. All questions or discussions that might fall under a general are directed there. Generals are a cancer on this site as a whole, and nowhere is it more evident than on /tg/.

Today 44 threads are use the word "general" in the subject line, but I count at least 4 more threads that aren't using the term general (WIP, gamefinder, jumpchain cyoa, magical girl cyoa, dungeon meshi) more if you count the 4 separate character art threads. On top of this there are another 3 quest threads that are intentionally not using the quest tag to avoid being filtered (song of swords, nerv bridge simulator, and "the adventurer's guild" rp thread) and 3 separate chapter/regiment creation threads. And this is a relatively dead time.

This shit is getting out of hand.
>>
>>468830
>/v/ - /vg/ split

>good

kill yourself immediately
>>
>>468831

>2 separate league of legends threads, 2 starcraft threads (1 for the game and one for esports each), 1 HoN, at least 3 flavor of the month games and Katawa Shoujo generals on the front page constantly for weeks at a time
>Good

The only thing they could have done better is outright fucking ban generals.
>>
>>468830
>Something needs to be done about /tg/

Nothing can be done about /tg/, Anon. The cancer is terminal. I stopped lurking there a long time ago.
>>
Please hiro, make the stale threads go away
>>
>>469089
You want him to remove 80% of the content on the site?
>>
>>469111
remove the dedicated staleness, force people to make new OPs and use other's threads rather than just finding their couple generals. Look for new threads to talk in, find new topics.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 498x412
>>468831
> an impassioned post clearly from a /v/ user
>vomits "kill urself " and contributes nothing

And you wonder with all the rest of the shit on this site, people still think /v/ is the worst, which it is.

But I digress, this is about /tg/
impolite sage.
>>
You're right, /tg/ is pretty much unusable. General posters keep trying to spread around too, you'll see active generals on lots of boards now.
>>
>>468830
>I think most people will agree that /v/ - /vg/ split was mostly positive for both groups.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>468836
The split just made more ground to give each cancer more growth. More boards need to straight out ban any general once it overstayed its related welcome, like /co/ does with offseason show generals.
>>
>>469258

That system doesn't work with generals that are technically always relevant, like the edition generals on /tg/.

Generals just need to be outright banned. Make people use an imageboard like a damned imageboard instead of trying to make it into a shitty forum
>>
>>468830
Tip: filter threads with the word "edition" in the OP as well. That'll probably catch a few more of them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.