[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this fag never get banned? >>>/a/138679021
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: 1392167566751.png (268 KB, 643x483) Image search: [Google]
1392167566751.png
268 KB, 643x483
Why does this fag never get banned?

>>>/a/138679021
>>>/a/138679060
>>>/a/138679074
>>>/a/138679155
>>>/a/138679202
>>>/a/138679242
>>>/a/138679609

Everyone keeps reporting him and people even got warnings for the reports. What the fuck?
Don't give me the "it's a general" excuse, these threads are always civil until this person comes in and fills them with his faggotry.
>>
>>468768
because moderation doesnt exist, unless CP is involved
>>
>>468779
Once a mod came into the threads and said something along the lines of "only discuss the series, not the fanbase", but he still didn't ban him or at least delete his posts. He deleted the whole thread after a while, like his samefagging was our fault.

It's obvious it's one person, it wouldn't even be much work.
>>
>>468768
One of those got deleted
>>
>>468902
That's actually a first to happen in months. All his other posts are still up, and he's still shitposting:

>>>/a/138683573
>>>/a/138686267
>>>/a/138686308

He's apparently doing the same in One Piece and Tokyo Ghoul threads but at least he's being deleted there:

>>>/a/138682335
>>>/a/138682454
>>>/a/138682480
>>>/a/138682524
>>
>>468779
But if a mod is giving them warnings it means moderation DOES exist, just that they're moderating the wrong person. So what we're seeing here is that for whatever shitty reason, this stupid mod doesn't think these posts are against the rules. Because they've seen them and decided not to take action.

We need an answer about WHY they think that, because this is inconsistent with the actual rules of the site.
>>
>>468909
>this stupid mod doesn't think these posts are against the rules
They really are though. Not only they're unrelated to the series and overall obnoxious, but he often calls people that post in the threads by their real names or usernames in social media.

That's not violating a single rule, that's at least rules 3, 4 and 6.
>>
>>468915
Which is why the mod needs to explain why they aren't deleting the posts. Why don't the mods ever fucking talk?
>>
>>468917
Mods usually give the retarded excuse that "generals are shit", which is true but that doesn't excuse the lack of moderation. After all they're shit BECAUSE they lack moderation. The thread in this case was chill for hours until this fag came in and started shitting all over it, and that's the case with every thread.

Another excuse is "I do it for free", which isn't an excuse either, since they're really not doing anything and they sent a damn application for it in the first place. If they didn't want to be janitors they could have let someone else that cares more to take the place.

Someone else said that this fag is a janitor's friend on IRC, which would explain a lot but that would be a really bitch move.
>>
>>468768
Mods don't care and Janis will only delete posts that either trigger them or that troll the landwhales they are bringing over /a/. Truth is those entire threads should be banned as they are all filled with landwhales, specially /snk/ wich is 100% landwhale shit.
>>
>>468922
>is a janitor's friend on IRC

If what I've been reading in a certain meta place is truth, some of those threads are even created by jani's friends they bring over there from tumblr, to the point they will let them shitpost while deleting posts that angers them only, behind the global mod's backs
>>
>>468915
>but he often calls people that post in the threads by their real names or usernames in social media.

Wait wait, I wasn't going to post again, but how the fuck does he knows it? Are /snk/fags so bad they are giving away their names on those threads or something now?
>>
>>468928
I saw posts mentioning usernames and real names stay up, while posts mentioning "Ben" are always deleted. So that Ben is probably your guy.

>>468929
Of course not, he either posts random names and usernames, or stalks their posting style to find them on tumblr and reddit and posts their information in the threads. Most likely the latter, since some of these people were confirmed to be /a/nons, even if they never posted their usernames before.
>>
>>468931
Oh to clarify, the guy that namecalls that Ben is a different shitposter than the one in the OP, and he always gets banned on sight. So there's clearly some janitor bias going on.
>>
>>468936
If only one gets deleted, it's indeed something. It seems a few shitposters get protected by a corrupt jani while others will be deleted if they trigger said shitposter or said jani. Mods really should do something about this power abusing/corruption.
>>
>>468928
Go on, I'm interested. What's the story?
>>
>>468938
Mods are either their friends or unaware of what's going on.
>>
>>468940
Seems either mods or janitors are oblivious to some extremely shady shit going on lately with moderation all around. If they are aware if it but breaking rules that were clearly set by moot on how to govern the place, then this site is truly fucked because of immature shits who can't responsibly handle even a drop of power.
>>
By the way I noticed that some of them got deleted. I repeat that none of these got deleted in months until today that I made this thread, so thanks I guess, but please have these generals in mind because it happens a lot and it's always that one person causing shit.
>>
>>468944
Looks like all of them are gone. My guess: The /a/ moderator who handled this case previously is incompetent, and you brought it to the attention of a mod who browses /qa/ and is actually good at their job.
>>
>>468952
And for that I'm thankful. I just hope it keeps up, because it's really common in these threads lately. Not sure what's the deal with that person but I hope a mod looks into it since he's doing it in other threads too, repeatedly.
>>
>>468952
Mods are global; some of them have preferences and such but they can do shit on whatever boards. For example the extra scrutiny /v/ has gotten lately seems to be happening at the same time as a decline in effectiveness (or presence at all) on several other boards. So, if I were to go on a limb, they are trying real hard to make /v/ not shit.
>>
>>468939
I don't know much besides what I said there, but I hear about either a jani or mod bringing actual underaged people to become recurrent posters on some generals, down to shielding them no matter how they troll while deleting posts that troll them. Imagine a shitposter who deletes whatever triggers her but keeps her own shitpost going.
>>
>>468941

I wish this was brought to attention. It's gotten much worse last year, than ever before.
>>
>>468967
>they are trying real hard to make /v/ not shit.

I wish this actually meant

>make /v/ not shit

Instead of making it /co/mblr 2 like they keep trying with all big boards.
>>
>>468967
Or you know, just get janitors and mods that actually work on the site and don't wander off abusing their powers like it's happening. I bet it happens more often than you think.
>>
>>468973
Well then clearly some wrong choices have been made for staff/staff in training. Easily fixable, though.
>>
>>468980
>Easily fixable
How? Is looking through the logs enough to find which janitor is doing it?
>>
>>468976
>/co/mblr

Anyone who says this is part of the problem.
>>
>>468981
There are ways, yes. Like I said easily fixable. Really whoever is janitor on /a/ right now does a fucking awful job by /a/ standards to begin with and an absence would not even be noticed, in fact if a mod or two took over people would then notice shit getting done.

There is wide agreement on /a/ that far too many threads lately that either start off blatantly or soon devolve into blogging shit or off topic shitposting, yet are left up for hours and can even hit bump limit just turning into a completely off topic shitfest.

What really is the dingleberry on top of the shit sundae when this happens is if the offending thread is finally deleted hours later.. when it's already hit bump limit and is on page 9 or 10. Way to go, the damage was already done. Whoever is doing that is noticeable in pattern, and whoever that is seriously fuck you. It is passive aggressive, that is, fucking hostile, behavior. It says "yeah I know this thread is here and will prove to you I knew about it, but I let it live anyway because fuck all of you". That is exactly what it communicates. In letting a shitty off topic thread fester, users' faith in the board/mods decreases every time it happens.

Nothing on /a/ should ever be about real people apart from those involved in the anime industry (directors, seiyuu etc.. and obvious seiyuu worship of the actual person instead of the characters he/she played is very /jp/ material).

Things not /a/ and thus global 3 material in that aspect:
>talking about personal/real life at all
>trying to persecute /a/ in general instead of particular shows/individual taste etc (shittalking a board is meta shitposting)
>talking about other boards
>
>>
>>>/a/138689505
>this is what a janitor(?) says
>implying these posts shouldn't be deleted on sight
>>
>>468997
Easily fixable but will it be fixed? I guess not because this shit has been going on for far too long and nothing was done about it.
>>
>>468997
Continued, I mean I figure why the hell not finish my thoughts because it seems there is a lack of understanding of what /a/ even wants these days. I don't speak for /a/ but as a ten year user there I do have some fairly ingrained notions that I am positive mods used to often echo: they encouraged us to be like this, and thus we simply expect current mods to at least uphold the standards of the old.

>trying to force non-/a/ standards from other websites/boards
>saying /a/ is shit on /a/ is shitposting - only boards other than /a/ are the ones constantly talking shit about it; someone doing it on /a/ itself is likely one of these interlopers trying to weave sophistry.
>typing like an idiot - using shitty slang/images, low quality images etc. Spend one minute on /a/ and it is clear the board doesn't stoop that low.
>finally, in response to being called out, defending typing like an idiot, defending being a newfag, defending doing sub-standard /a/ things like streaming or preferring dubs, in short, making excuses not to bother trying to catch up to /a/ standards. /a/ does not even ask much of you; it should not be hard to comply

People who don't like /a/'s so-called elitism, which is really just common standards at all (a concept lost on most other blue boards), are in essence declaring that they are uncommitted to trying to integrate with the board peacefully. It is unwise to allow bad users to fume against the board much less shield them. That is why and how /v/ got so shit.
>>
>>468997
Those are even the actual problems in the board, they are a consequence of the actual problems, a reaction to the sheltered autism/newfaggotry there. You are part of the problem.
>>
Still >>469008 here

>>469006

I'll agree with you that forcing /v/ or reddit or tumblreenas or whatever sites culture there has been part of the problem, seems moderation is formed from outsiders who hate anime and they try to mold the board to be like /co/ or /v/ or tumblr etc
>>
>>469008
The sheltering of newfaggotry started with the n/a/ruto thing. If you held a poll on /a/ to reinstate a naruto ban it should definitely fucking pass. Move the threads to /trash/. It is so convenient a place for it.

Part of the newfag problem is that things like SnK, OPM and DBZ have wide appeal. Until very recently there was never new DBZ so it was always just a peripheral thing barely on /a/ ever, and much more alive on /co/ and /v/. Now that we have DBS unless mods made a call you can't just deny talk about a current show. Another oddity that is recent is /wsr/ existing. It is a place to refer newfags to but also a place newfags may come from. Maybe /a/ should have an embassy there so to speak catching up these people on how not to fucking suck at anime before they wander over to /a/, which is all we really desire in the first place. People think this is too much? It is just the way it needs to be done with this medium in particular, it is a special case to typical processes. People don't come to /v/ having only played like 5 games ever (two of those being candy crush and angry birds). /v/ expects you to have at least some idea and background in the subject. /a/ is no different. We don't want people who have seen all of 5 anime inclduing naruto and dubbed FMA. They are not bad people just because of that, just simply way too out of the loop to not drive people crazy with what look like ironic shitposts every time they open their mouths.

Other shit that should be slain on-sight includes excessive shipping and amy/all fanfic in general.

The other thing is imo oldfags give up if they think mlds are not on their side. If they prove they are then they would be more keen to chew out newfags
>>
>>469013
Also a bit sloppy on my post but whatever, very tired at the moment, but realized it was simply time for my airing of grievances and want to get things off my chest.
>>
>>469013

I'm >>469009 here, that was an actually fairly well thought post, more than I expected a wall of text on /qa/ to ever be, anon.
>>
File: 1458036117109.png (691 KB, 667x720) Image search: [Google]
1458036117109.png
691 KB, 667x720
>>468768
>its another generalfag bitching on /qa/ about someone who has the exact same posting quality as them they just have a different opinion they dont like thread
Kill yourself. Instead, nuke the generals and SnK thread. Sounds like a better idea.

>After all they're shit BECAUSE they lack moderation
Generals get the most moderation on the site. Don't delude yourself. Generals are shit because they inherently are the shittest threads on 4chan always. No exceptions.
>>
>>468917
>Why don't the mods ever fucking talk?
Because, most people on 4chan are not worth talking to when it comes to moderation of any kind. A mod could reply to a post on /qa/ and describe what exactly that person did wrong, and that person would still say he did nothing wrong. So many people fail to understand how most people on this website are insufferable, retard jackasses who will refuse to admit they or someone else did something wrong so long as they like the offending content even just a little. "I like it! That makes it OK on every board I go on! I/they totally didn't break any rules, even when a mod said I/they did!" There are probably hundreds of these people on each popular board at any given time.

Also, mods are human, and there are a limited number of them. They will make mistakes too. That's why there can be problems like the one OP mentioned.
>>
>>469097
>corrupt mod: the post

I think it's hilarious you are so autistic you mod and force yourself on a site full of people you hate so much. You have no irl friends.

Just go babysit your tumblr gals while let them shitpost freely, autist.
>>
>>469097
This is inevitable with everything, but it doesn't stop mods of other communities from actually talking. Here's the thing, the more often you post reasonable explanations for your actions, the more likely people are to defend you.

For example, I'm part of another community where people complain about their bans a lot, but their bans are clearly explained with evidence of their misdeeds. As such, the majority will look over the ban and conclude that it was warranted. It's a huge success.

If the mods responded to threads like these more often, I guarantee that you'd start to see a larger majority defending them.
>>
>>469236
>but it doesn't stop mods of other communities from actually talking.
And the vast majority of those community's have iron fisted mods that have circlejerks e-celeb status and no one dares to question. If this is not the case, than traditional forums and shit have greatly changed since I last used them almost a decade ago.
>>
>>469243
>mods that have circlejerks e-celeb status and no one dares to question

Which mods here are trying to become since last year, except their circlejerk is related to irc and they hate the communities here.
>>
>>469266
>they hate the communities here
Can we really blame them if that actually was the case?
>>
>>469266
This is just shit that 8gaggers spout and has nothing to actually prove it. The mods just simply don't do their jobs and the ones that actually do it, do it on boards they don't like. Aka /co/ and /u/ mods who don't even like anime or the board mod /a/.

Even if they hate the userbase, I can't fucking blame them. I hate it all myself. The userbase is tumbling down to garbage, not that the mods are helping the situation.
>>
>>469097
I understand this and it's really sad that it happens but please do something about the /a/ janitors, or whoever is behind this. Give the powers to someone that will use them objectively and won't abuse them at least.
>>
>>469236
>Here's the thing, the more often you post reasonable explanations for your actions, the more likely people are to defend you.

I have a bridge to sell you in New York. Seriously, look at most /qa/ threads including this thread.

>waaaah my shitposting got deleted mods are fags!
>I deserve to be made a mod because I'm a special snowflake!
>No that's not an explanation why you banned me! You're a faggot redditor! I have a right to shitpost!
>>
>>469097
There are different groups of people who want to talk to mods - those who care about the quality of the board and have no one else to turn to for help, and those who are self-righteous assholes who want special favors because they're so special and important. One group wants to benefit everyone including themselves to help maintain community cohesion, the other just cares about themselves.

The former group are the types who go "no matter what happens just know I love you guys" if there is a difficult situation for the board/4chan. Those are good people who actually like and care about the place deeply. The latter group are the same types of people who would contest a parking or speeding ticket and try to use loopholes to get away with them or lower the fees rather than accept responsibility and blame. In essence the best and the worst users both come to mods, and it should not be hard to tell them apart after chatting for a bit. To write off all users as people just trying to bitch out or suck mod dick for special favors is ignoring the fact that there are people out there who actually do have community love for the site and see it as their home space on the internet over other sites.
>>
>>468768
Why does none of these deleted threads is archived on desustorage or fireden?
>>
>>469967
Both of those archives have been shitty lately missing a bunch of posts and being sluggish/lagging.

However I've also heard of shit getting deleted from archives before; I don't know whether or not mods have some kind of agreement with archivers to do that kind of thing however.
>>
>>469489
That's because the mods aren't giving any answers.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.