[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Board suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10
File: 1457607817332.jpg (31 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
1457607817332.jpg
31 KB, 436x436
/psy/ - Psychology & sociology
/ue/ - Urban exploration
/ant/ - Antiques
/web/ - Discussion about other websites
/fur/ - Instead of /trash/ being taken over
>>
>>468084
>/psy/ - Psychology & sociology
i think we have /r9k/ for that

>/ue/ - Urban exploration
seems like it could be folded into /out/

>/ant/ - Antiques
general collections board

>/web/ - Discussion about other websites
this is going to be so impossibly fucking shitty that i actually want to see it happen

>/fur/ - Instead of /trash/ being taken over
i think we should just create /dt/ - double trash
>>
>>468086
/r9k/ is 1% psychology and 99% shitposting and >tfw no gf
>>
/id/ - interior decoration

It's like /fa/ but for furniture instead of clothes.
>>
>>468084
HA! Idiot cat is sitting on the chair wrong!
>>
Are /q/tards really this new?
>>
>/sci/

No posters for that.

>/ant/ - Antiques
Any posters for that? Try getting /his/ to do it.

cancerbait.

Trash is working as intended.
>>
>>468116
What the hell is a /q/tard? Everybody here is from some other board.
>>
>>468084
/cel/ebrity
/rel/igion and spirituality
/tin/foil conspiracy & occult magicks
/arch/itecture and engineering
/io/ - images only
>>
>>468145
/q/ was an old board that had more or less the same function as this one, except mods posted on it more often and I THINK it was listed. People who say "/q/tard" are the idiots who treat this board as their little secret club and don't like seeing a type of poster that doesn't fit their "image" of the board. They're the kind of people who keep creating threads like "delete /qa/, it sucks now" and "/qa/ used to be comfy".
>>
>>468146
>/cel/ebrity

This might work as a containtment board for waifufags.

>/rel/igion and spirituality

We already have /his/ for religions and /x/ for tinfoil bullshit.

>/tin/foil conspiracy & occult magicks

Again, we have /x/ for that. Seriously, are you new to 4chan?

>/arch/itecture and engineering

We don't need a board for architecture, also there is /sci/ for engineering stuff.

>/io/ - images only

Huh?
>>
>/alc/ - Board for alcoholic beverages.

or

>/drk/ for drinks of all kinds (mostly alcoholic beverages.

/ck/ is pretty much shit for discussing the finer beers and spirits
>>
>>468084
/wedontneedanymoreextremelyslowboardsgobacktoredditor8chifyouwantthat/
Would be good
>>
>>468207
Why can't there be slower boards?
>>
File: Möbius.jpg (55 KB, 633x547) Image search: [Google]
Möbius.jpg
55 KB, 633x547
>>468204.
>>/rel/igion and spirituality
>We already have /his/ for religions and /x/ for tinfoil bullshit.
If you actually posted on /x/ you'd see how those threads aren't welcome there and get deleted by mods for being off topic for not being 2spooky.
>>/tin/foil conspiracy & occult magicks
>Again, we have /x/ for that. Seriously, are you new to 4chan?
No, I've been here for over a decade, and I'm telling you that /x/ is not for that. Don't believe me? Try posting tinfoil shit on /x/ yourself. They will tell you to gb2>>>/pol/ , who will in turn tell you to gb2>>>/x/ if you do. It's a never ending cycle which shows the need for an entirely separate containment board for these people.
>>
>>468207
You're blind and dense if you can't see how overcrowded and taxed some of the more popular boards are. Some boards are simply too fast right now. 5 or 10 more boards would help a lot, and people have been asking for some of these board topics for many years.
>>
>>468213
Because you can just make a general about whatever topic you want to discuss on one of the existing boards desu

Shit like /ue/ would be slow as fuck and wouldnt have much of a purpose since /out/ already exists
Same with /psy/ and /sci/
/web/ would be infested with reddit
and /trash/ was pretty much meant to be a furfag containment board
>>
>>468214
There's basically an occult and magick thread on /x/ right now with more than 200 posts. Tinfoil bullshit ond occultism belongs to /x/, period.
>>
>>468216
And yet all the stuff that's already been suggested would just further slow down the already slow boards, /his/ and /out/ being examples, instead of helping the faster boards like /v/
>>
>>468220
You can't have generals when people interested in the topic won't find them.
No one will ever go to /sci/ and look for discussions about psychology, for example. /sci/ isn't interested in the first place.
>>
>>468214
Nigga, we only gb2/pol/ when it's about nazi cults or jet fuel meme. /x/ has become aliens and illuminati since 2010. You can change it's name into /tin/ and no one will ever have an objection to that.
>>
>>468232
Psychology is a science? So why wouldn't someone interested in psychology go to a science board to talk about it?

/r/psychology would be much more helpful for whatever psychology thing you need help with anyways.
While we're at it how about go back to
>>>/reddit/
or
>>>/8ch/
if you want a hundred new boards added to the site since that would be a clearly more helpful place for you
>>
Separate /co/ as /com/ and /car/.

Make /qa/ public.

Remove /aco/ and /c/. They're completely useless.

Allow light bondage and giant threads on /h/.

Remove useless boards like /po/. Why do we need a board for origami anyway?
>>
>>468255
>Remove useless boards

Hiro created a thread saying he won't do this. Every board has its fans so he sees no point in deleting any of them. Under his policy, if it's been created, it's here to stay.
>>
>>468255
Not a /co/ck but that seems pretty viable
Making /qa/ public would just make it even more shit and fill it with shitty threads like this and redditors.
>remove /c/
/c/ is a fucking great board fuck no
>>
>>468262
Well, that's his site, i've got no objection for that. But i want you to know that it's an insult for more serious topics that doesn't have it's own board like law and psychology when shit like origami having it's own.
>>
>>468264
/a/ does basically the work of /c/.
>>
>>468227
There is nothing wrong with that though. You keep saying "slow the board down" like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>468271
Then ask him to create more boards. If enough people ask, he'll do it.

I agree with your idea for /h/ though. Mainly so that I can stop having to navigate /d/ like I'm Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom.
>>
>>468276
Imagedump threads aren't actually allowed on /a/ and SHOULD be deleted when the mods are enforcing the rules. I would hate to have to deal with /a/'s culture for imagedumps anyway. Best to keep it separate and peaceful.
>>
>>468247
Well why don't you try creating a psychology general on /sci/ and let's see how that goes.

According to your logic, why have any board at all if you can discuss the topic on reddit?

Also, there would be more to discuss than personal problems on a psychology board.
Some people are genuinely interested you know.
>>
>>468233
I'm only going by what I hear from /x/philes on /qa/. It's a very controversial topic there. Soem people want it only to be about occult things and others want it to be only 2spooky ghost stories.
>>
>>468247
Those /sci/ dorks doesn't give a shit about anything unless it involves numbers.
>>
>>468295
You can check it on yourself. There's already a conspiracy thread on the front page.
>>
>>468247
/sci/ is just a big hugbox for math majors.
>>
>>468300
You have to understand, from my /pol/ perpective I see some faggot who just found 4chan from some link on godlikeproductions and thinks /pol/ is the place to get "the redpill", but "the redpill" to him is some insane tale of jewluminati lizardmen at bohemian grove raping children and worshiping the Old Gods. You tell these people to gb2/x/ and they tell you they just came from there, and were told to come to /pol/. Whether or not they are lying, they can't or won't or just don't understand the difference between /pol/ and /x/ at all. This is why I say they need a containment board, and when I said in an ealier post that I "was going by what /x/philes on /qa/ said" I was meaning the 4 or 5 threads from them on here where they were complaining about the tinfoilfags on /x/ and saying how Hiro/mods need to rewrite the sticky to get rid of them.
>>
>>468311
>they were complaining about the tinfoilfags on /x/ and saying how Hiro/mods need to rewrite the sticky to get rid of them

Tinfoil is ok on /x/ as long as it's not bends over to the /pol/ side and doesn't involve /pol/ memes like redpill and HABBIDING. Let me give you an example. If you make a thread about how reptillians are controlling our minds, it's /x/, but if you make the same thread with how or why Trump is a reptilian, that belongs to /pol/. There's a small nuance, but you'll get used to it.
>>
>>468321
>the same thread with how or why Trump is a reptilian, that belongs to /pol/.
Now I would take issue with that. I obviously can't and won't try to speak for all of /pol/ but I'm willing to wager a very large majority of /pol/ doesn't want that on there. There is a fine line between jewish conspiracies and lizardmen conspiracies but it's a definitive line and they really don't overlap. Another good example is the "Shemitah" happening people from last year. That had no political element whatsoever and was based on some blood moon prophecy, but somehow /x/ kept sending it back to /pol/. This is why I insisting that a containment board is needed.
>>
>>468084
Almost every board discusses this within its own context, we don't need this just yet, but I can see a sociology board being useful if the site truly gets big.
>implying that it ever will
Could just be part of /out/
>/ant/ - Antiques
Might be neat, but again, every board that collects physical material already has threads where they talk about old stuff.
>implying it wouldn't just be a board full of "what does /web/ think of <cancerous site>?" or "what's so bad about reddit anyway?" board
Bad ideas all around.

/cel/ - Celebrities, so that we can relieve /hr/ of its toxins as well as remove celebshit from /v/ and /tv/.
Bring back /rs/, bring back BBS, bring back snacks, add a file only board (not like /rs/, just a board where you discuss with nothing but files, kinda like Canvas).
>>
>>468335
Doesn't the fact that every board is talking about psychology further highlight the need and interest for a board dedicated to the subject?
>>
>>468084
No, furfag in hell. We don't need this and if /trash/ is being taken over, inform hiro and get the furshit banned. We don't need a 'containment' board as it will only make everything fucking worse. Furfags aren't welcome here and never have been. Should stay like that. They weren't wanted here for a reason.
>>
>>468271
>But i want you to know that it's an insult for more serious topics that doesn't have it's own board
4chan isn't a fucking serious site. We don't need serious boards, fuck off.
>>
It's funny how strongly some people oppose the creation of new boards when the only thing that will change for them is a couple of more letters at the top of the page.
>>
>>468393
Change is always hard for some people.
>>
>>468393
The creation of a board means more than just a extra letter on the page. It also means an entire new set of culture on the site, a new wave of new users, jokes, memes, shitposting, and can affect other other boards. 4chan is actually a very close-knit website. What happens on one board can affect on others.

Don't be a fucking retarded thinking 'haha it wont affect you' when you know that is fucking wrong. /cel/ with only intensify waifuposting globally and shit like /web/ will only cause the entire site to fall into nigger twitter tier shitposting even further. /fur/ will make the stupid fucks think they are welcomed here and actually try to spread their shit everywhere else. Stop being stupid. We don't need a board for everything and pretty much every single board suggestion is fucking stupid as fuck and generally misses the point of the site.

>that doesnt happen stop being paranoid
Please refer to /v/ /pol/ and /r9k/. The culture of all three of these spread throughout the entire site since their creation. We don't need garbage fad boards.
>>
>>468396
There has been a lot of new boards added pretty recently. Let's see how they've influenced the rest of the site in a negative fashion:

>/biz/
IT HASN'T
>/aco/
IT HASN'T
>news
IT HASN'T
>/trash/
IT HASN'T
>/his/
IT HASN'T

Well. I'd almost say nothing's changed.
>>
>>468414
>/biz/
>recently

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
>>
>>468421
What is? One or two years ago? It's nothing.
>>
>>468425
Well, stuff from two years ago gets posted on /r/classic4chan, so...
>>
>>468328
So, you want a board for shitposting?
>>
>>468446
That would be >>>/s4s/.
>>
>>468446
Don't think those threads/posts don't get reported. Mods do nothing, not even banning for false reports, just nothing. Maybe mods start the threads for all I know.
>>
File: top meem.png (20 KB, 676x761) Image search: [Google]
top meem.png
20 KB, 676x761
>>468146
>>
>>468207
>slow boards are a bad thing

Huh? Every fast board on this site (/v/, /tv/, /b/, /a/) is hot garbage.
>>
>>468145
>being this new
>>
>>468204
>/his/ for religions
fuck off
>>
>>468232
>>468220
for /psy/ you'd probably have better luck in /lit/
>>
>>468084
We don't need anymore board splitting idiot.

/Web/ will be a cancer shitposting central.
>>
>>468484
*funposting
>>468537
I imagine images like this would be disallowed.
>>
File: 1456956149017.png (157 KB, 363x307) Image search: [Google]
1456956149017.png
157 KB, 363x307
>>468255
>Separating boards
>>
>>468568
How do you plan to communicate in an image-only board?
>>
>>468084
The thing is, we need containtment boards than actual thematic ones. That's the issue right now.
>>
>>468321
>>468233
as if on cue, see
>>468582 (I swear I didn't make that thread)
>>
>>468116
The reason /fur/ might be a good idea is so that the other people we want in trash might actually go there. The people who want to masturbate to their favorite e-celebs won't move as long as it's the furry / clop board.

If /doubletrash/ becomes the furry/clop board, then /trash/ can become /web/ + /cel/ + all that other "vaguely normal" shit that is still garbage.

>>468429
Just because retarded children have retarded standards doesn't mean you should feel compelled to adopt them.
>>
>>468570
by a very complex ad-hoc (hence ambiguous, hence confusing, hence 'argument' inducing, here on 4chan) set of signs and signifiers, which would probably initially consist of the stock reaction images and memes we're all used to, but eventually will reach something that communicate various complicated notions, that will not be apparent unless you've been there the entire time. e.g. somehow to argue various points for and against say antinatalism, all in images, that the facile will still call 'memes.' i imagine there'd be a group of threads like that, but also ones where people frustrated image-dump like mad.
>>
>>468264
>but that seems pretty viable
You'd be wrong. There's a ton of crossover between comics and cartoons.
>>
>>468414
It takes fucking time, you retard. /trash/ and /his/ are the most likely to end up being the shitfest boards later.
>>
>>468569
>not separating boards when there's obviously two classing cultures in the same space
>>
/th/eatre WHEN?
>>
>>468881
Yeah, very soon there will be a flood of posts about Napoleon and Alexander the Great on all boards. Damn you /his/, this is your fault!
Retard.
>>
>>468084
/asdf/- Discussion of the letters A, S, D, and F
We need some more extremely specific boards.
>>
File: larson-cow.jpg (51 KB, 463x622) Image search: [Google]
larson-cow.jpg
51 KB, 463x622
>>468204
Get fucked we do need an architect board.

Where should the topic be discussed currently?
>>
>>472274
/diy/ probably

or /lit/ i guess. some people there have a pretty good knowledge of architecture for some reason
>>
>>468084
/his/ exists for this. We don't need a separate board

Eh, maybe. But /out/ is fine for it.

>/ant/ - Antiques
Sure. This might just work as a general on /k/, but I guess it's unique enough for its own board

We really don't need another platform for /pol/ to use. This would turn into the shittiest alt-right /i/nvasion board

/trash/ is good for this, but I tell you what, I'd allow /fur/ on the condition that we let it up for one month, then ban every IP that ever posted in it for a year. Like the good ol' days.
>>
>>468153
>People who say "/q/tard" are the idiots who treat this board as their little secret club and don't like seeing a type of poster that doesn't fit their "image" of the board.
People who are /q/tards are the idiots who treatthis board as their little complaining forum and don't like seeing a type of trend that they don't approve of on boards and threads they have no business being involved in.
>>
>>472279
>People who say /q/tards are the idiots who treatthis board as their little complaining forum and don't like seeing a type of trend that they don't approve of on boards and threads they have no business being involved in.

Fixed.
>>
>>472285
What does the header say?

A. /qa/ - 4chan Discussion
B. /qa/ - Question & Answer
C. /qa/ - I'm A Whiny Fuckface
D. /qa/ - Crybaby Redditors
>>
File: tmp_28893-DSC_0500380419221.jpg (143 KB, 841x768) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28893-DSC_0500380419221.jpg
143 KB, 841x768
>>468110
10/10 would post meme furniture on such a board
>>
>>472290
Why do my feet have spontaneous holes all of a sudden?
>>
>>472278
>Psychology & sociology
>/his/
What have you been smoking?

>I'd allow
It's almost as if you think you have any authority here.
>>
File: 4GLBqoR.jpg (447 KB, 640x1000) Image search: [Google]
4GLBqoR.jpg
447 KB, 640x1000
>>468110
I think we should just have a /design/ board for both interior, industrial, and architecture.
>>
>>468084
>/fur/
fuck off, give furfags an inch, and they'll take a mile

hell, they already took a mile with /trash/ and now suddenly im seeing tons of posts on various boards where people act like furries have been accepted here since 2009
>>
>>472983
>talking about 2009 as if its relevant
Newfag alert
>>
>>472985
im not the one doing it, they are

other alternative things they might say is "UHH THIS ISN'T 2007 ANYMORE"
>>
>>472279
I get it, you're from /a/ and you don't like complaints about your shitty little board.

/a/ will change.
>>
>>472988
It is the year 2016.
>>
File: thats for mapple land nigger.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thats for mapple land nigger.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I think Hiro should make a board to give ideas for new boards but the ruse is that no one would ever take it seriously, not even Hiro himself
>>
>>468276
/a/ is about discussion of chinese cartoons and /c/ is just when you want to see cute characters, stop stealing oxygen faggot
>>
>>473035
yeah it's the $CURRENTYEAR

how dare we not like furries
>>
>>473043
That webm is great. I love how they all waddle up to him.
>>
>>468084
>/fur/
Yes please.
April 1st is coming soon.
>>
>>473425
The funniest part? This time, it won't be a joke.
>>
File: furrymeetsanon.jpg (68 KB, 381x499) Image search: [Google]
furrymeetsanon.jpg
68 KB, 381x499
>>473438
And then you wake up because it was all just a hormone induced furry (wet) dream that would
never happen in real life due to Anons' attitude toward furries in general.
>>
>>468084
Nah. /trash/ is fine the way it is now.
>>
>>473440
Maybe ten years ago, but not today. "Anon" doesn't care about furries now. There's a furry board right now (trash) and there's a mlp-board.
Furry is Anons new secret fetish.
>>
>>473581
yiff in hell
>>
>>473582
I'm not a furry, but I support them just to annoy people like you.
>>
>>472983 here
just look at this post >>473581

see what i mean?
>>
>>468084
/trash/ - is for garbage, why would you not want furies there

o you just want anouther /s4s/?
>>
>>473440
This old way of portraying Anonymous as a guy with a green head can nowadays mostly be seen on /mlp/. It's funny, Anonymous sure changed his ways, in the past he hated furries, now he's cuddling with ponies.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.