[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HIRO PLEASE REMOVE THE ROBOT ON r9k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: lefeelinguy.jpg (59 KB, 744x758) Image search: [Google]
lefeelinguy.jpg
59 KB, 744x758
The Robot on /r9k/ is the dumbest thing in the world. It doesn't help with original content, all it does is make it harder to post. During the year the Robot was off, we had many great threads. Now you can't make image only replies anymore. All the robot does is make more annoying posts.

Remove the robot or delete /r9k/.
>>
no, go away
>>
I agree. It's just a grievance.
>>
Agreed. In order for a meme to spread it must be allowed to be reposted again and again until it catches on. That's why boards like /v/, /tv/, etc have all their own memes and OC while /r9k/ is still known to this day as the virgin NEET echo chamber.
>>
Bringing the robot back was one of the best decisions Hiro has made so far
>>
>removing ROBOT9000 from ROBOT9001
I don't care if it happened before, but why have /q/tards thrown themselves beyond the plane of stupidity?
>>
If you're muted on /r9k/, it should apply to all boards. The current setup causes containment breaches.
>>
This is why /r9k/ should be deleted right here
Only board that actually thinks they atent shitty enough, actively ask mods to cater to shitposting and making things worse
This and the /r9k/ exodus faggotry is right up there with "flags on all boards!" As the dumbest shit ive seen on /qa/, and thats no easy feat
>>
/r9k/ is beyond saving at this point. It needs to be nuked. With the whole Elliot fiasco and then that other shooter bullshit it's really just a mashup of /soc/ and /s4s/.

People said it went to shit when it was all about feels but at least those were threads you/I could relate to still. It honestly started to go downhill with all the poopoo peepee bullshit and then normalfags adopting pepe as a meme. Just nuke /r9k/ and get it over with already.
>>
>>467933
Would be like removing videogames from /v/

What discussion you wish to find on /r9k/ but can't can easily be found on other boards.

/r9k/ is the robot board, if the robot doesn't let you post then you don't post on the robot board. It's that simple.
>>
No, just increase the file size limit to be 4mb.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
>>468097
>oh fuck normalfags are liking our meme
>everytime this happened before it was lost forever
>no we fight
>but how?
>I know lets create a massive wave of oc for that meme
>that surely will put them off our meme
A board rivaling /v/ as the most retarded fuckers.
>>
>>468158
I never claimed /r9k/ wasn't full of retards or dumb faggots. But the same faggots that were complaining about feels and tfw no gf and non-stop pepeposting could see what /r9k/ is today...they definitely would have taken the feels version 2012-2014 /r9k/ over the faggotry that it is today. It's literally unbearable and on pace with s4s as the worst fucking board on 4chan. It says a whole fucking lot when you surpass /mu/ /s4s/ /soc/ /mlp/ and /pol/ as the worst board but for someone that's been browsing r9k for years...it's literally unbearable at this point.
>>
File: 1443368139606.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1443368139606.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>467933
Agreed
"Hmmmm" threads were my bread and butter but now they're gone because no one wants to take time just to post pictures when they have to make up some random bullshit to go along with it. The robot discourages posting images on an image board.
>>
>>468469
Idea: Post a single sentence from James Joyce's Ulysses with each post. It should take you a while to get through all of them.
>>
>>468473
And before you ask:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4300/4300-h/4300-h.htm

There you go.

Another benefit is that you'll be reading a good book.
>>
>>468476
Fuck, I didn't do it before you asked.

On the bright side, I got dubs.
>>
File: 1418471596146.png (97 KB, 1092x1080) Image search: [Google]
1418471596146.png
97 KB, 1092x1080
>>468097
Poo Poo Pee Pee and Tendies stories were literally the only OC I've seen posted on /r9k/ in years, and it was all thanks to the robot being disabled. moot did literally nothing wrong by getting rid of it, and I hope Hiro has the sense to do it again.
>>
I don't get why so many people want to remove the sole purpose of the board, >>468076 is completely accurate.
>>
>>470693
Because regardless of its origin, r9k has become a circlejerk for failed human beings. Take a look at the catalog and look for OC.

It's all the same bullshit. Just make a new board with a robot (neo-r9k) and keep all the neets in the current echochamber that r9k has become.
>>
>>471571
>making a second /r9k/
What the fuck
Why can't mods attach a permanent flag to all /q/tard posters IPs so that whenever they make threads here, a little icon pops up which means that they're /q/tards with stupid ideas?
>>
>>468648
Here's what you just said.
>The robot being disabled caused dumb copypasta to be spammed.
>This is somehow a good thing!
>>
>>471578
>I am a literal retard who has no idea how OC is produced

/r9k/ was meant to be a version of /b/ that encouraged OC, but instead the robot pretty much discouraged any OC from being made because it doesn't allow reposting (At least not without adding a bunch of random gibberish to the end of your posts). moot even said himself that /r9k/ hasn't had any original posts in years, hence why he finally got rid of the robot. There is literally no reason to keep the robot other than "muh tradition", which is stupid anyway because /r9k/'s whole purpose was to encourage originality, not muffle it.
>>
>>467933
>remove board culture
dumb reddit feels poster
>>
>>>/global/rules/6
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.