[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can something be done about /vp/'s corrupt mod?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: blastoise.png (47 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
blastoise.png
47 KB, 700x528
Yesterday, one of the best threads the people from /vp/ ever came up with, got deleted by this one rogue moderator for no reason, other than he didn't like them. What thread was this? A thread called "/vp/ watches", where everyone on the board can re-watch the old pokemon anime through a live stream and have a fun time indulging in a nostalgia trip. Everyone was enjoying this (and still are in the live stream), baring a select few who hated them, and did everything they could to shitpost the thread until this moderator decided to give in.

To address some common arguments:

>Global Rule #11 says no advertising and no streams
Then please explain why exceptions are made all the time? Every single thread on /vg/ has several links to external sites, how is this any different? Never mind /vg/ either, what about all the other generals in /vp/? 80% of the posts in Showderp are links to two people battling on Showdown, which is exactly the same as a stream.

Global Rule #11 is there to prevent faggots from promoting their Let's Play streams, which they can use to make a profit. The /vp/ watches stream is a community based activity; it's exactly what the board needs in the midst of all the shit threads, which leads me to my next point.

>Too many people voiced displeasure
Again, that was only a select few, and if that's all it takes to con the moderator into deleting a thread, then why's the fucking Gardevoir General still around? A whole eternal general dedicated to a single pokemon where people keep posting the same old images over and over again. I know for a fact that several anons find those threads to be cancer, yet for whatever reason, the mods are happy to keep them.
>>
>>467781
>how is this any different

Are we talking about streams embedded with ads, or something like Twitch? The mods delete anything like that across all boards because it's commercial advertising.

Alternatively, the threads are being deleted because you're linking to copyrighted material.
>>
>>467786
There are no ads whatsoever. See for yourself:

https://instasync.com/r/AnMaonach

As for copyrighted material, that's also farfetch'd because the Anime General has had that for years. The OP has a full fucking list of episode torrents, and not once has a moderator ever done a thing about it:

>>>/vp/25582880
>>
You go too deep into it, the OP was just advertising his instasync channel which is against the rules so it got removed.
>>
>>467804
No, you clearly just don't have the brains to engage me.

There's nothing to advertise because there are no ads, the whole thing was just a community driven project. By your laughable logic, Showderp posters are just advertising their own battles and chatrooms, but because you're sucking up to the mods, I suppose they're perfectly fine?
>>
>>467786
>>467804
You don't get it. The OP of those threads IS the OP of this /qa/ thread, and he's also the same faggot who spent weeks of his life shitposting /vp/'s anime threads to death, and then coming here to /qa/ to bitch about the very shitposting he himself was doing and blaming the anime thread's other posters for all of /vp/'s ills.

You are replying to a falseflag thread, pure and simple. Just ignore it and let it sage into the abyss.
>>
>>467898
This, considering he actually went out of his way to let /padt/ know about his misdeeds.

Simply pathetic.

>>467786
>threads are being deleted because you're linking to copyrighted material
What kind of piece of shit does someone have to be to do that?
>>
>>467898
>>467918
You are mentally ill.
>>
>>467922
>not "You are a manchild/underage/weeaboo/idiot"
Your canned troll replies are becoming more original at least, though that's not saying much.
>>
>>467924
No, you really are ill to have such an outrageous headcannon.

Nobody cares about your thread, this is about something entirely different yet you still feel the need to shit it up with your e-drama.
>>
>>467962
Yes, yes, /padt/ is nothing, yet it's somehow the cause of all of /vp/'s problems. How original.

You can find more entertainment out of banging your head against a wall, so I guess I'll be going back to the place that doesn't matter and you won't follow me there ;)
>>
>>467982
Nobody here even mentioned /padt/ until you showed up like the autistic fuck you are.

>;)
Well seeing you use emoticons, I can easily discard anything you say.
>>
>>467990
Someone did make sure to go there and toss in a link to start some shit, actually. >>>/vp/25584528

Not really sure what that means, but it IS the exact same thing a shitposter making endless /qa/ threads complaining about those threads did.
>>
File: I_See_Some_Shit.jpg (38 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
I_See_Some_Shit.jpg
38 KB, 500x382
>>468022
It means said shitposter is trying to his shit that sounds paranoid as fuck but he does just to shit up the threads.

As for the stream, the original maker of them posted them in the anime thread but was told to not link it there because it was the dub (mind you, he wasn't told to piss off or any of that). So stream maker posts the stream in a new thread, fine and dandy, no problems. Then you get one guy who isn't the original maker (which is the same shitposter that hits /qa/ and links the threads to other boards) spamming the stream link in the anime thread. Meanwhile, same shitposter goes off into the stream thread and starts spamming away about that thread and other shit leading to this mess.
>>
>>467812
>No, you clearly just don't have the brains to engage me.
No ones going to waste the brain cells. Your shit gets deleted because its advertising weather you say it is or not.
Don't like the rules? GTFO.
There are plenty of other sites that'll eat up your shit.
>>
>>468474
It's cute to see you mindlessly sucking up to the mods, but the reality is, you have no argument.

It isn't advertising, but even if it was, it's no worse than Showderp, padt or any other general on 4chan.

Don't worry though, I'm sure the mods will be proud of your effort at least.
>>
>>468669
Doesn't change the fact that your threads will be deleted over and over and i'll be laughing every time you throw a hissy fit.
>>
>>468679
Not even my threads, I'm just arguing in favor of them.

It doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot who's desperately trying to suck the mods cock.
>>
>>468718
Then you're as retarded as the OP of those threads if you're arguing that those threads arent advertising.
>>
>>468776
Nope, you're just an idiot sucking the mods cocks.
>>
File: PikachuDumbBitch.jpg (52 KB, 322x322) Image search: [Google]
PikachuDumbBitch.jpg
52 KB, 322x322
>>468787
>WAHHH! LEAVE THESE ADVERTISING THREADS ALONE!
>hurr durr you suck mods cocks
>>
>>467781
>Everyone was having a great time except for people who weren't having a great time and were shitposting.

Sounds to me like it wasn't one of the best threads the people of /vp/ ever came up with, Anon. Sounds to me like YOU liked something that other people DIDN'T like and that it caused a huge flamewar so the mods deleted the thread.

>Power-abusing moderator on /vp/.

I'm sorry, what "Power" does the moderator on /vp/ have that he's abusing? Is he making money off of your posts? Is he making the community too close to the kind of community that he wants and too far away from the kind of community that you want?

Because the moderator has more right to decided which kind of community they want than you do.

>Only a select few

Prove it.
>>
OP, did you learn of the existence of janitors yet?
>>
>>468792
Given your inability to justify the Showderp threads advertising, I'd say it's pretty conclusive that you're a moron sucking the moderators cocks.
>>
>>468794
>Sounds to me like it wasn't one of the best threads the people of /vp/ ever came up with
Based on what? Your misinformed opinion?

>that it caused a huge flamewar so the mods deleted the thread.
Oh, you mean the type of thing the mods are supposed to put a stop to, rather than delete the thread? If all it takes is a flame war to get a thread deleted, then I have to question why Pokemon Anime Discussion Threads don't get deleted on a regular basis.

>I'm sorry, what "Power" does the moderator on /vp/ have that he's abusing?
Deleting threads on his own accord for his own personal interest, even though they don't conflict with the rules.

>Because the moderator has more right to decided which kind of community they want than you do.
Wow, you suck moderator cock harder than the other guy in this thread. What an idiotic thing to say.

Moderators don't shape the community, they enforce the rules. Live stream threads don't break any rules, and if you want to get into technicalities, they don't break rules anymore than every other general on 4chan. I have yet to see a single counterargument to this.

>Prove it.
No need. Neither side can provide conclusive evidence on the total number of shitposters, but what I can say is that we had plenty of /vp/ anons watching the live stream in the chat, and we all agreed it was just one faggot and the OP kept taking the bait.
>>
File: tantrum.jpg (33 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.jpg
33 KB, 600x399
>THEY DELETED MY SHITTY THREAD THAT BROKE THE RULES!
>>
>>468811
>Based on what? Your misinformed opinion?
My opinion is exactly as well informed as yours, Anon.

>Oh, you mean the type of thing the mods are supposed to put a stop to, rather than delete the thread?
Can you get me some precedent or proof that the mods are "supposed" to put a stop to flamewars without deleting threads?

>Deleting threads on his own accord for his own personal interest, even though they don't conflict with the rules.
Global rule 11. You even admitted it yourself in your thread with a funny little bitchfit about "WELL IF THEY BREAK THE RULES THEN I SHOULD GET TO BREAK THE RULES TOO!"

>>Prove it.
>No need.
Then I have no need to believe you.

Have a nice day, Anon.
>>
just wanted to add a vote of support from /tv/ where streams for everything are deleted unless it is related to RLM
>>
>>468839
>My opinion is exactly as well informed as yours, Anon.
Stopped reading there. You're a complete waste of time.
>>
>>468875
Thanks. It would have been annoying if I had to reply to another long ass waste of space post again.
>>
>>468884
You feel compelled to offer your misinformed input? You really are stupid.
>>
>>468948
What does my intelligence have to do with anything?
>>
>>468954
It has nothing to do with the problem this thread raises, but it was worth highlighting considering the idiocy you've put on display. Not saging further confirms it.
>>
>>468970
Why would you want me to sage your thread?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.