[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello tripfags, could you please explain to us why, in a sea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: .png (260 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
.png
260 KB, 500x365
Hello tripfags, could you please explain to us why, in a sea of anons that you feel a need to set yourselves apart?

Do you feel more important or smarter than the rest of us?

And anons how do you feel about them?

Why do you believe they do it?
>>
>>466528
>And anons how do you feel about them?

4chan X has a wonder feature that allows you to filter all trips and namefags. My browsing experience has improved drastically since using it.

>Why do you believe they do it?

Don't know and don't care. I don't have to see them anymore.
>>
because i want to make friends, and it works well. I need to have some identifier
>>
>>466529
I've browsed with forced anonymity before. But It bugs me not seeing everything raw.
>>
Mostly when posting when I need to prove I am who I say I am.
An example is when I have to tell anons to stop making hunger games threads on /co/ when they shouldn't.
Within the /co/ hunger games, my name has a small amount of weigh, not as much as most of the others, but enough for some anons hear what I have to say.
Do I feel more important, yes and no.
I don't feel more important because of my name, but I do because of the things I have done and the "content" I've produced.
Now, that being said, I will remove my name once I no longer need it since there is no reason to do it.
>>
>>466535
and just like magic I go back to posting as an anon since there is no reason to keep using a trip.
>>
I did it all for the nookie!

C'mon!
>>
>>466528
One day, I will put on my trap, and you will finally be able to put a name to my rampant stupidity.

But not today.
>>
>>466528
Let me ask you why you feel content to fit in with the rest of 4chan? Are you proud of being a /b/tard? Really?
>>
so people can filter out my shitposts easier
>>
>>466555
but then they wouldn't see those sexy trips, trip
>>
File: 1422061944926.png (351 KB, 703x477) Image search: [Google]
1422061944926.png
351 KB, 703x477
>>466528
>Do you feel more important or smarter than the rest of us?

Yes. I am the smartest person I know. Sometimes I get sad because I'm surrounded by so many retards, but hopefully their retardation will be alleviated if they're exposed to my informative and sagacious posts.
>>
>>466574
>sagacious
???
>>
>>466576
Oh, it's just a word that intelligent people (myself) use.
>>
>>466579
oh ok smart friend :D

do smart people vote for trump???
>>
>>466580
Smart people don't vote at all.
>>
>>466555
>sequential singles, doubles, and trips
Very nice.
>>
>>466529
It's rare to find a noteworthy tripfag, but I'd rather plow through slightly more shit than to miss something worth seeing.

After all, this is 4chins, anonymous shitposting is the epitome of this site.
>>
File: Capture.png (131 KB, 1183x819) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
131 KB, 1183x819
>>466528
If I had the opportunity to meet up with these tripfags, I'd take a gun with me.
>>
>>466528
I prefer not to be named anything at all.
>>
>>466696
Would you also bring your state issue government ID card?
>>
>>466528
Some people believe that posts are easier to understand with context, i.e. knowing a little bit about the person making the post and what they've said in the past makes it easier to understand what they mean, where they're coming from and why they think/feel the way they do. I agree but I also see the benefits of pure anonymity and wonder why people who feel that way would come to a forum where almost everyone else is anon.
>>
I don't mind a tripfag for just a single thread or type of thread. Like the patch guys in /out/ and /k/ or for an AMA thread or something like that. Tripfagging from thread to thread is cancer. It reeks of being a special snowflake.
>>
>>466932
You think you're better than special snowflakes?
>>
File: 1298182549851.png (207 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1298182549851.png
207 KB, 640x960
I used to trip cause I wanted to reverse the stigma against tripfags, completely not getting why they're hated at all

At least some people liked me
>>
>>466696
>all those tripfags

Pathetic.

Note that you can actually disable stubs with 4chan X, if you want tripfag posts nuked entirely. There won't be any way to expand them since there's no trace of the posts.
>>
>>466528
I created this tripcode to shit on a certain tripfag on /asp/, shitpost on /r9k/ and post in /v/kend threads
>>
>>466528
attention whoring
>>
Did I do it?
>>
I don't trip anymore, but when I did I did so because I wanted to have an identity. I wanted people to know who I am. It gave me more credibility and gave me a closer relationship with the anons and other tripcode users.

Is that so wrong?
>>
Every time I want to tripfag I think about what I want to be known as on 4chan for the rest of my posting careers and can never come up with anything.

Unless it's a shitposting trip, I have a bunch of those.
>>
>>467279
I'm just an ordinary guy
and all I really want is to be loved
Is that so WROOOONG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4sclkBtdzM
>>
>>467279
>but when I did I did so because I wanted to have an identity. I wanted people to know who I am. It gave me more credibility and gave me a closer relationship with the anons and other tripcode users.
Then you should of went to a different site and did that.
>>
>>467378
>should of
*should've = should have

You should have paid more attention in school.
>>
>>466528
Tripfags are worthless attention whores and nobody likes them. As long as the community remembers to discourage tripfaggotry it won't become a problem.

Luckily, tripfags themselves are usually the dumbest and most annoying pieces of shit that even newfags realise pretty soon what kinds of faggots they are and keep up the good tradition of letting them know their place.
>>
>>467279
>It gave me more credibility

Tripping does the exact opposite of this, which is the appeal of an anonymous image board to begin with. If people can put a name to your post, then they can look back on your post history and think, "Oh, it's *that* faggot who said something I didn't agree with several months ago. Welp, time to dismiss his opinion!" Worse yet, they may stalk you from board to board just to shit up every discussion you participate in.

As long as we remain anonymous, then we're all on equal footing.
>>
>>467630
This.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.