[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there something more pathetic and hipster than a self-hating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1455532640215.jpg (233 KB, 1280x1418) Image search: [Google]
1455532640215.jpg
233 KB, 1280x1418
Is there something more pathetic and hipster than a self-hating "weeaboo" ? I see it everywhere on the internet, it's basically an attitude of smugness, making fun of people who watch or play something japanese while still participating in the community.
I suggest that we stop using the word "weeaboo", it was created in /b/ to make fun of anime watchers on the board, it has nothing to do with liking japan more than your country, this was fabricated by some retard.
The use of this word on /a/ is one of the worst things that happened to the board, it tells the world that we don't really like anime/manga, and that attracts shitposters and other types of indesirables thinking this is a "funposting" board.
Let's just call ourselves otakus or anime lovers, i don't care, the important thing is to get rid of the apparent self-loathing and send the message that we actually care. By not being nice to people using "weeaboo", we can get rid of the cancer of this board.

repost from /a/, what do you guys think ?
>>
File: 1457793213969.gif (1 MB, 292x323) Image search: [Google]
1457793213969.gif
1 MB, 292x323
Ugly structure. Didn't read
>>
>>466409
>Let's just call ourselves otakus or anime lovers

You'll attract the tumblr, gaia and deviantart crowd instead, congrats.
>>
>>466434
he put a "i don't care" after it,
>>
OP, they probably don't actually hate themselves. They probably just think that being a weeb is a fun hobby and that people who take it too seriously need to be knocked down a peg.

You, for instance, should be knocked down a peg but I'm too tired to think of anything funny to insult you about. I don't know. Uh... Noise Symphony trumpet girl show sucks. Whatever.
>>
File: kill me baby harmless gas.png (922 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
kill me baby harmless gas.png
922 KB, 1152x648
It's important to mock yourself, because that makes it harder for other people to mock you. I consider myself to be an autistic weeaboo moefag neckbeard. When I describe myself like that, then what is there left to say to insult me? I'm pretty much impossible to insult at this point.

Also,
>the important thing is to get rid of the apparent self-loathing
Do you even irony? Imagine if everybody took themselves completely seriously and refused to joke about their interests and cultural identities. We'd end up with Tumblr, and nobody wants that.
>>
>>466445
The problem is using "enemy speak", to the shitposter outsider it would seem like he is in good company, even if it's ironic.
>>
>>466411
Please end your sentences with a punctuation mark before you complain about "structure".

Seriously, I've told you this before. I'm watching you.
>>
>>466445
This is the problem, you are not an autistic weeaboo moefag neckbeard if you watch anime, and saying that you are will make autistic moefag neckbeards come to the board.
>>
>>466409
>it was created in /b/ to make fun of anime watchers on the board
You didn't like to be called wapanese, so moot wordfiltered it to weeaboo. Blame him for this.
>>
>>466409
I hate myself, and I'm a weeaboo, so by extension I hate all weeaboos.

I also hate everyone who browses 4chan (I guess you can get a pass if you make quality posts, but nobody actually does that).
>>
>>466449
So? The enemy outsiders are harmless.
>>
>>466454
Autistic moefag neckbeards will come to the board either way, Anon.
>>
>>466469
They will not act like autistic neckbeards.
>>
>>466445
>When I describe myself like that, then what is there left to say to insult me?
I bet you watch My Little Pony but pretend to hate it just to fit in. Moefags are bronies.
>>
>>466471
What else would an autistic neckbeard act like? If autistic neckbeards were capable of behaving any other way, then why would they ever behave like an autistic neckbeard?
>>
>>466409
Define "weeaboo". /a/'s weab standards are that they have autism that they can't separate reality from anime, like a chuuni, only more cancerous, ex: 3DPD cosplayers, tards who constantly roleplay and do weabspeaks. that's why /a/ only slightly or highly accept otakus instead, /a/ think otakus are more respectable and civilized. Most of weaboos just watched mainstream shit, they have their own form of elitism. It's like you haven't seen how disgusting and waste of resources anime clubs are in schools.
>>
File: this desu senpai.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
this desu senpai.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>466411
>>
>>466409
>, it was created in /b/ to make fun of anime watchers on the board, it has nothing to do with liking japan more than your country, this was fabricated by some retard.
AHAHAHA
Are you retarded? Weeaboo was born because people abused things like wapanese, so moot filtered them to fucking weeaboo. Note, those previous words meant the obsessive JAPAN IS BETTER fucks. Weeaboo does as well. Retard.

>>466548
>that's why /a/ only slightly or highly accept otakus instead, /a/ think otakus are more respectable and civilized.
wwwwwwwww
>>
>>466434
>giving a shit about what those people think
Grow up you fucking manchild.
>>
>>466681
>Note, those previous words meant the obsessive JAPAN IS BETTER fucks
Japan is better. What's the problem?

On the flipside, now we're stuck with those insufferable braindead America fuck yeah /pol/tard faggots. As if that shithole nation wasn't nauseating enough.
>>
>>466409
I've realized that people are going to be stupid and continue using the word "weeaboo" with a straight face, so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go to /a/ and start pushing weeaboss. That way, it starts to have a positive connotation. Hopefully they like it and adopt it.

Still, that's a good post, so I'm glad someone on /a/ realizes exactly why it's so stupid.
>>
Really what I find annoying is when someone gets called "weeaboo" and they start awkwardly defending themselves like "No I like anime but I'm not one of THOSE people". They start making a big deal about etymology and don't seem to understand that the other person is just trying to annoy them with an insult. It's not worth getting all hot and bothered about.
>>
>>466409
>OP was so upset that mods removed his shit thread and that /a/ told him to fuck off that he came to /qa/ in hopes of recognition for being a fucking retard who doesnt know what he is talking about

P.S. You are the sort of person /a/ fucking hates
>l-lets call ourselves fucking otaku
Kill yourself
>>
>>466746
>all that projection

lmao fucking retard
>>
>>466746
Do you tell people to kill themselves because you think it'll hurt their feelings or just because it's the only way you know how to say goodbye?
>>
>>466409
I think you're a subhuman retard weeaboo who should kill himself.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.