[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't Meido considered /jp/'s board-tan? She fits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: 1457524867565.jpg (53 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1457524867565.jpg
53 KB, 600x800
Why isn't Meido considered /jp/'s board-tan? She fits the board far better than that obnoxious little loli.
>>
>maid
>broom

That's janitor-tan material
>>
>>466219
Meido is literally the personification of /jp/'s janitors, dudester. Don't tell me you didn't know that.
>>
File: fyc.png (143 KB, 350x381) Image search: [Google]
fyc.png
143 KB, 350x381
f uck your c ock
>>
>>466222
I don't browse /jp/ even to laugh at the weeaboos, so why would I know?
>>
>>466217
>>466222
You know how I know you're some /a/v/ crossposter who came to /jp/ within the last 3-4 years? You talk about a character that has had no relevance to the board for 5 years expecting to get positive attention. At least talk about NSJ if you're going to talk about how much of a /jp/ ``oldfag" you are and relevant personifications of the board, my teenbro friend.
>>
>>466377
NSJ is less relevant to /jp/ than meido ever will be, as it was promulgated entirely by complete shitposters who have all now fucked off to spinoffs on the far corners of the internet.
>>
>>466460
He is closer to the timeline of relevancy to the board than meido is. The real ``meido" died a long time ago and the word has become a catch-for-all when dealing with janitors.
>>
>>466460
>who have all now fucked off to spinoffs on the far corners of the internet
They left because of insufferable outsiders like you coming into the board in fucking hoards.
Kill yourself /a/utist.
>>
>>466689
>They left because of insufferable outsiders like you coming into the board in fucking hoards
I was here long before they were, and I'm still here long after they're gone.

It really is refreshing to be able to say it in the present tense.
>>
>>466698
>I was here long before they were, and I'm still here long after they're gone.

You were on /jp/ shortly after /a/day? Somehow I find that hard to believe considering you have interest in a dead character and want her to be considered ``jaypee". At the earliest you came to /jp/ in 2011.
>>
>>466700
I'm not OP, but the "meido" character outlived the first janitor (2009), was retired because the NSJ-spamming fuckwits ran it into the ground (2011), and the icing on the cake is that the person they were calling NSJ was actually just the 2010 janitor.
>>
>>466701
You don't have to give a timeline we know what happened, however NSJ was a different janitor or at least several of the other janitors. Meido stopped being the personification it was when the "meido" started to just abuse their positions and people like Siztra and AoC decided to make /jp/ their own personal playground alongside the IRC circlejerkers who were friends with them.
>>
>>466702
>Meido stopped being the personification it was when the "meido" started to just abuse their positions
AoC, if anything, got more reasonable after he came back from his vacation.

>people like Siztra and AoC decided to make /jp/ their own personal playground
What the fuck does Siztra hve to do with any of this? Why are he and AoC even in the same sentence?

>alongside the IRC circlejerkers who were friends with them
AoC and his IRC friends were funposting full force in /jp/ mostly up until 2010. After that they mostly fucked off.

I would actually like you to present your timeline since as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with reality.
>>
>>466704
>AoC, if anything, got more reasonable after he came back from his vacation.

He pretended to but it was found out in those leaks that he was still in full force.

>What the fuck does Siztra hve to do with any of this? Why are he and AoC even in the same sentence?

He was/ is friends with a lot of the foolzfags who had several people (like AoC) associated with /jp/, he didn't have a positive opinion on /jp/ either.

>AoC and his IRC friends were funposting full force in /jp/ mostly up until 2010. After that they mostly fucked off.

I hope you're joking, they still were organising their shitty quasi raids until 2014 and AoC was still censoring what he didn't like as shown by the janitor leaks.

>I would actually like you to present your timeline since as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with reality.

I would give a timeline but I don't want to give the timeline of /jp/ so some ED/KYMfag will create a subpage for it and take it as 100% fact and ruin /jp/ even more. Besides, there's no need to give a timeline for meido as meido has long passed.
>>
>>466705
>He pretended to but it was found out in those leaks that he was still in full force.
He didn't act particularly differently after he came back, except in so far as he had many, many more shitposters to deal with.

>He was / is friends with a lot of the foolzfags who had several people (like AoC) associated with /jp/
I have never seen the slightest evidence that AoC was part of the foolzfag shitposting cabal. AoC's IRC activities long predate the existence of foolz, and of what I know of those circles (having not been in them) they mostly thought those guys were retards.

>he didn't have a positive opinion on /jp/ either.
Anyone with a positive opinion of /jp/ post-2010 is a shit-eating sycophant who has drunk too much kool-aid.

>they
"They" gave up on /jp/ and moved to IRC full time. You're talking about an unrelated group of shitters (who are ALSO unrelated to foolz, if anything, they were more closely affiliated with another archive.

>AoC was still censoring what he didn't like as shown by the janitor leaks.
I would wager he was mostly censoring garbage.

>I would give a timeline but I don't want to give the timeline of /jp/ so some ED/KYMfag will create a subpage for it and take it as 100% fact and ruin /jp/ even more. Besides, there's no need to give a timeline for meido as meido has long passed.
This discussion convinces me more than ever that an actual timeline of this irrelevant pointless board history is needed so that people don't run around making shit up, thinking that because they've read the janiteam logs that they're somehow actually familiar with the history of /jp/.
>>
That said, regards the OP post (which I had been ignoring), that one poster is correct in that meido is a long-dead piece of /jp/ history. It also happens to be associated with an incredible amount of autism and bad memories, and has no business being resurrected today (least of all as a board-tan); it was the product of a particular culture and particular posters who are all long since gone.

Also, from the beginning /jp/ didn't actually have a board-tan, because the board was full of angry autistic elitists who would never deign to play house with the rest of 4chan. The obnoxious loli was invented by posters from other boards much later, but as far as I can tell it's angry and bitchy and hates everyone so it can't be that off-model.
>>
>>466705
>He was/ is friends with a lot of the foolzfags who had several people (like AoC) associated with /jp/, he didn't have a positive opinion on /jp/ either.
factually wrong
said as a long time friend of AoC. fuck off

siztra and his cumbuddies were all /a/ rejects in their own little circle that nobody except some /vg/a/ shitters cared about. the few times he did try to raid /jp/ he got shut out fast

““““censoring””””

you sound like some edgy warosu teenbro
>>
>>466833
>siztra and his cumbuddies were all /a/ rejects in their own little circle that nobody except some /vg/a/ shitters cared about.

And AoC isnt?
>>
>>467258
Kind of, except it was a different group of shitters, and the /a/ rejection went both ways.

This doesn't actually make >>466705 any less retarded though, as it seems to have been written by a latter-day fuckwit analyzing /a/'s shitposting situation and then blindly projecting it on to /jp/ (read: making shit up.)
>>
because /jp/ users are obnoxious people who wish to be lolis
>>
I used to browse /jp/ during the first 1-2 years, but I didn't actually share their interests.

>>466748
>the board was full of angry autistic elitists who would never deign to play house with the rest of 4chan.
This is just how I remember /jp/. A very strong isolationist and elitist attitude.
Also, they didn't like moot as all the other weebs do. No moot-worship at all, in fact I would say that they were the most anti-moot board at the time (this was before /pol/).
>>
File: 1280351348384.jpg (43 KB, 497x600) Image search: [Google]
1280351348384.jpg
43 KB, 497x600
>>466217
Because only /v/ and shitty boards like it create or care about "board-tans"

/jp/ has its own characters
>>
File: zzzzz.png (26 KB, 435x502) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz.png
26 KB, 435x502
>>466710
Pic related as system formatting problem.
>>
File: 1196138372743.jpg (18 KB, 176x237) Image search: [Google]
1196138372743.jpg
18 KB, 176x237
>>466833
>long time friend

Did he show you his weenie? If not you're not friends.

> the few times he did try to raid /jp/ he got shut out fast

"Have a nice day Anonymous" ad nauseam, coinsidentally never got him banned.

>you sound like some edgy warosu teenbro

Heh *snorts* you don't know who I am do you KID? It's ok, I'll let you away with it this time but you have to suck my cock, dude, nothing personal.
>>
>>467698
>He still tried to shape the board he way he wanted it to be.
So does literally everyone. Some people have more power to do it than others.

>I can't say what I want to say
I imagine you wrote this before switching to the image field (thanks dev) but I literally have no idea what idea what you're talking about.

>Still better than /a/.
What's... your fucking point? The fact that you'd rather drink piss than eat shit doesn't make that piss is tasty. Nor does it mean that AoC is wrong for pointing out that piss tastes like piss.

>Not in the slightest
AoC's "friends" are the long-dead, long-irrelevant trips who wouldn't show their face in /jp/ if we paid them. Nagi's contribution to /jp/'s garbage was not even a drop in the sea of shit. Link a thread if you think they're still somehow still among us so I can see what exactly you're talking about.

>One man's garbage...
is probably garbage.

>I'm not basing everything off the logs.
I have no idea what the fuck you are basing it off then, except maybe spending too much time hanging around the foolzshitters. What exactly is your beef with the "have a nice day anonymous" shit? Does it stand out in mind from /jp/'s seventy other daily doses, or do you automatically associate all of /jp/'s daily doses with - of all the fucking things - FOOLZ?
>>
>>467705
Thanks for confirming for me, at least.
>>
>>467714
>So does literally everyone. Some people have more power to do it than others.

Doesn't make it right.

>I imagine you wrote this before switching to the image field (thanks dev) but I literally have no idea what idea what you're talking about.

I rarely post on this site anymore so maybe I'm identified as a bot, who knows what triggers the system, I was trying to say four chan's janitor logging Internet Relay Chat.

>What's... your fucking point? The fact that you'd rather drink piss than eat shit doesn't make that piss is tasty. Nor does it mean that AoC is wrong for pointing out that piss tastes like piss.

My point is that even if post-2010 was bad it was still better than 90% of the rest of the site and up until ~2012 it maintained its culture somewhat.

>AoC's "friends" are the long-dead, long-irrelevant trips who wouldn't show their face in /jp/ if we paid them. Nagi's contribution to /jp/'s garbage was not even a drop in the sea of shit. Link a thread if you think they're still somehow still among us so I can see what exactly you're talking about.

The old trips like Yami? If you count him, I see Lenfried sometimes posting but the others don't but ZUN posts on the spinoffs alongside some older trips, I'm not sure whose posts you want a link of but here's Lenfriend https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S14015210#p14015782

>I have no idea what the fuck you are basing it off then, except maybe spending too much time hanging around the foolzshitters. What exactly is your beef with the "have a nice day anonymous" shit? Does it stand out in mind from /jp/'s seventy other daily doses, or do you automatically associate all of /jp/'s daily doses with - of all the fucking things - FOOLZ?

I don't have a beef per se, it's just something that comes to mind when I think of AoC and how he would delete threads for being "shitposts" but would keep his inane threads up for it to become meme worthy.

>>467732
If you think your post was any better than mine, you're mistaken.
>>
>>467735
>Doesn't make it right.
And it doesn't make it wrong, so you're going to have to make some direct argument about how it was he was shaping things that was garbage.

>I was trying to say four chan's janitor logging Internet Relay Chat.
No fucking he posted there, he was a janitor. Just like every other janitor, and moderator, and moot.

>My point is that even if post-2010 was bad it was still better than 90% of the rest of the site and up until ~2012 it maintained its culture somewhat.
That's great, and also completely irrelevant to the fact that you were being a consummate shit-eater when you were criticizing AoC for " not having a positive opinion on /jp/" earlier.

(cont).
>>
>>467748 (cont.)
>I'm not sure whose posts you want a link of
I'm not sure who's posts I want either, because I have no idea who the fuck you're talking about. You are claiming that AoC's foolzposting shitbuddies were continuing to conduct quasi-raids on /jp/ into 2014. I'm asking you to show me some of these.

>The old trips like Yami?
Who?

>but here's Lenfriend
... since when was Lenfried a friend of AoC? The last time I talked with him one-on-one (it was a quasi-anonymous encounter) he was bitterly complaining about how the staff were deleting all his funposts. Granted, that might have been AoC's replacement by then - and if Lenfried had a persistent IRC ident I didn't know it - but it's still as much as reach as, well, half the shit you've been saying in this thread.

>I don't have a beef per se, it's just something that comes to mind when I think of AoC and how he would delete threads for being "shitposts" but would keep his inane threads up for it to become meme worthy.
... okay? What does this have to do with AoC supposedly being one of the foolz shitters? Or your assertion (in >>466702) that the term "meido" was only retired after AoC and his IRC shitposting friends started making /jp/ into their playground in... 2011?

I don't particularly care if you want to call AoC shit, there were a couple who thought AoC was a petty little shit even all the way back in 2010 and I respect their opinions because they were based in things AoC actually did. What I'm trying to figure out is where the wild shit you're claiming comes from and if it has any basis in reality.
>>
>>467748
*no shit he fucking posted there
>>
File: zzzzz.png (27 KB, 486x405) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz.png
27 KB, 486x405
>>467748
>And it doesn't make it wrong, so you're going to have to make some direct argument about how it was he was shaping things that was garbage.

It does as he was selectively deleting what he felt was shit but decided to keep other subjectively shit threads (well probaly still does as there's nothing to say he isn't still in a janny position) so that's not just of him when he has the power that he's supposed to use fiarly.

>No fucking he posted there, he was a janitor. Just like every other janitor, and moderator, and moot.

Yeah and he had some pretty neat things to say about how he wanted the board.

>That's great, and also completely irrelevant to the fact that you were being a consummate shit-eater when you were criticizing AoC for " not having a positive opinion on /jp/" earlier.

You misread what I initially posted, I said Siztra didn't have a positive opinion on /jp/, as far as I know AoC still likes /jp/ somewhat, what I said was "He was/ is friends with a lot of the foolzfags who had several people (like AoC) associated with /jp/, he didn't have a positive opinion on /jp/ either.", the subject reffering to Siztra NOT AoC.

>I'm not sure who's posts I want either, because I have no idea who the fuck you're talking about. You are claiming that AoC's foolzposting shitbuddies were continuing to conduct quasi-raids on /jp/ into 2014. I'm asking you to show me some of these.

They were posting as anon for the most part so I don't know what exactly to search for, here's a possible Nagi shitpost but not a raid https://warosu.org/jp/thread/S12953428#p12965585

>Who?

Sorry I meant to type Yama but he's not really old, I thought he was posting for longer.

The rest is in the picture.
>>
What does /jp/'s board tan look like? I never see art of that character.

>>466227
Also, is the long neck a reference to Akiha?
>>
>>467538
I lovey ou too, Cornelia.
Fucking hell the havoc that thing wreaked was amazing.
>>
Cornelia looks kind of like Yotsugi Ononoki.

Or maybe it's Yotsugi Ononoki that looks like Cornelia? Cornelia was a long time ago.
>>
>>468386
>as I said I don't know what you're looking for
What I said: "AoC and his IRC friends were funposting full force in /jp/ mostly up until 2010. After that they mostly fucked off."
What you said: "they still were organising their shitty quasi raids until 2014"

I am looking for evidence of raids on /jp/ by AoC's supposed IRC friends. Siztra has nothing to do with this. Lenfried has nothing to do with this. Hell I'm not even certain Lenfried was ever associated with foolz. I have no idea why the fuck you brought him up in the first place.

>I never said AoC was a roolz shitter
You referred to "the foolzfags who had several people (like AoC) associated with /jp/." That's a direct claim that AoC was a foolz shitter.

>I said he was on friends / on speaking terms with them.
That's completely fucking different. I'm on "speaking terms" with every shitposter /jp/ has ever had, even if I would have gladly permabanned most of them, and idly contemplated burning one of their houses down in the hopes it might get him to stop posting.

>from things I've heard about him
You eagerly lapped up the fantasies invented by shitposters as undiluted truth. Suddenly it all begins to make sense.

>It does as he was selectively deleting what he felt was shit
Yeah, it's almost like what is "too shit" and what isn't is left to the judgment of staff and always has been.

>Yeah and he had some pretty neat things to say about how he wanted the board.
Everybody does. I asked you what he said that was so objectionable.

>the subject reffering to Siztra NOT AoC.
So what the FUCK does Siztra have to do with AoC? Except that they're on "speaking terms"? Why did you bring up Siztra in the first place? As I said earlier, "Why are he and AoC even in the same fucking sentence?"

>Sorry I meant to type Yama but he's not really old, I thought he was posting for longer.
I wonder what would possibly you to make that kind of a "mistake".
>>
>>468617 (cont)
>I don'it have a positive opinion about him but you clearly do, so fair play I guess.
It's not fair play. The reason it's not fair play is because my posts are based in the truth and your posts are based in wholesale fabrications. I would call them outright lies if I didn't think you were stupid enough to genuinely believe them. Truth and lies are never evenly matched.

>They were posting as anon for the most part so I don't know what exactly to search for
So you don't even remember the content of these "raids"? Well, you don't remember Yama either, so what do you remember? Anything?

From the very beginning how the FUCK did Sizatra make his way into a conversation that was about /jp/'s "meido"?
>>
>>468617
>What you said: "they still were organising their shitty quasi raids until 2014"

Again, I wasn't reffering to AoC and his old friends, I was reffering to Siztra et al.

>You referred to "the foolzfags who had several people (like AoC) associated with /jp/." That's a direct claim that AoC was a foolz shitter.

That was a mistake on my behalf, I never meant to imply AoC was a foolzfag, I should have typed "alongside AoC".

>and idly contemplated burning one of their houses down in the hopes it might get him to stop posting.

OK

>You eagerly lapped up the fantasies invented by shitposters as undiluted truth. Suddenly it all begins to make sense.

...no

>Yeah, it's almost like what is "too shit" and what isn't is left to the judgment of staff and always has been.

That doesn't make it less shitty to do.

>As I said earlier, "Why are he and AoC even in the same fucking sentence?"

As I said "speaking terms", there's no deeper conspiracy I'm trying to outline.

>I wonder what would possibly you to make that kind of a "mistake".

Probably the fact he hasn't been posting for years and I haven't keep up with all the trips /jp/ has had.

>Truth and lies are never evenly matched.

Your truth is your perspective and "fair play" for your perspective, you clearly know more than me, if that's what you want you got it.

>So you don't even remember the content of these "raids"?

Considering they were either generic words or random "LMAOOOOS" alongside some picture I don't see how, if they were posting under a name it would be easier to find but there were several times in the last 2 years where several pages of raid posts of theirs were deleted, the latest one was based around something to do with the Dalai Llama or buddhism with some white guy advocating it in the picture.
>>
>>468652
>That was a mistake on my behalf
See, we could have avoided like fifty posts of outrageous stupidity if you'd just said what you fucking meant instead of making a claim so outlandish that it looked like character assassination born out of stupidity.

STILL not sure what Siztra has to do with meido, if anything, but if you're giving up on that point then I have nothing to say here. The rest of your ignorance is at a level where it doesn't need correcting.
>>
Can both of you just fuck already?
>>
>>468659
Sorry it irked you so much, I didn't put as much effort into my posts as you did. There aren't even fifty posts in this thread, I think you should write out your perspective on /jp/'s history as it would avoid having to do this again. I'm not "giving up", it's clear you know more/ care more than me so there's nothing that can be added apart from your possible myocardial infarction.

>>468660
Literally a better thread than 99.9% of the others on this s(h)ite, unless you want another generic board-tan #1488 NOW WITH MORE /POL/!!!1! dood?
>>
>>468666
Reliving the bad old days all over again by writing an extensive account of what happened would both be vaguely infuriating and unnecessarily glorify the shitposters responsible. Very briefly -

Early /jp/ is basically a playground, lots of tripfags, people claim that it channels the spirit of 4chan and /a/ before it got shit. By 2010 some of these people have moved on to their own supposedly less shitty clubs.

"Meido" is invented in 2009 and outlasts the janitor that precedes AoC. In 2010 a massive multi-day raid rolls over /jp/ and AoC causes the death of meido by resigning.* Shortly thereafter a bunch of funposters and shitposters move into /jp/, including some supposed converts from the older population. Their origins are nondeterministic.† /jp/ gets really shitty and a lot of the older posters leave. Time passes and in 2014 they leave for spinoffs or something else happens to cause them to go away.

* efforts to honor "new meido" were stymied by people promugulating "NSJ" and "janny" as pejoratives. AoC is later reinstated but nobody notices or cares.
† foolz is is only a minor, irrelevant guest star in the great shitposting era.

And now it's today and all of this history is irrelevant stupid shit nobody cares about or ever should have cared about, /jp/ is a neatly moderated on-topic discussion board and most of the silly /jp/ culture from any earlier era is dead. The End.
>>
>>468697
Upon reading this I realized that I condensed the history to the point where it almost says nothing.

I did gloss over the whole shitposting era but in my book it's like saying "WWII happened and people died," you don't really need to know or care about the people or events involved. I think the only thing I really forgot to emphasize was the long continuous war between janitors and "shitposters", and the hijacking and destruction of traditional /jp/ culture in this war.
>>
File: 1280278543361.jpg (910 KB, 1024x1980) Image search: [Google]
1280278543361.jpg
910 KB, 1024x1980
>>468433
I really miss all the various incarnations of those colored boxes idiots kept infecting themselves with. I realized way too late they had "presents" in them too.

At least it was made into a banner in memorial.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.