[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have a heated, long-winded argument on 4chan. >Idiot stops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: costanza.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>Have a heated, long-winded argument on 4chan.
>Idiot stops posting after an infalible retort on your part.
>Doesn't even have the guts to admit defeat.

I know you've done it at least once, speak up pansies.
>>
>>466094
*infallible
>>
>>466094
>>
>>466094
In my experience, it's very hard to get them to stop. When what you outlined happens, most of the time they're just waiting for you to leave so that they can come back and get the last word, and hopefully the thread archives before you notice.
>>
I walk out when someone only pays attention to half of what I say and throws insults around like they're having a temper tantrum, and then tries to claim a hollow victory.
>>
>have a heated argument with an 'anon'a few months ago
>its not going well for him, he's shitposting and throwing fallacies and generally just spewing shit left and right because he's cornered
>he goes silent for a few minutes
>suddenly blocked from posting
>'anon' starts to act triumphant in thread because I 'left' the argument and stopped posting
>mod doesnt even bother factchecking hotpockets and bans me for 'post quality'

You know who you are, janitor. You're an enormous faggot.
>>
>>466122
What's great about arguments on 4chsn is that both sides will claim afterwards that they absolutely crushed their opponent (who was, of course, completely retarded).
>>
File: thatsthejoke[1].jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke[1].jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>466128
OP here
>>
Never thought it necessary to admit defeat.
But yeah I guess maybe some people can't tell.
>>
File: 1402067574462.jpg (141 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1402067574462.jpg
141 KB, 640x480
>>466094
>implying you've ever won an argument on 4chan
>>
>>466094
>long-winded argument
If you posted "lol u butthurt" you would have won in 4 posts or less.
>>
>>466112
This
Half the time I'm arguing with someone on here, they don't even try to follow what we're arguing about and just keep going off on tangents about irrelevant stuff
Eventually I just stop trying to bruteforce through his bullshit to tell him on how many levels he's being dumb, and I just give up because of >>466106, usually without leaving a coolkid.jpeg finisher
>>
File: 149874538745.jpg (94 KB, 573x493) Image search: [Google]
149874538745.jpg
94 KB, 573x493
>>466166
lol u butthurt

>>466169
>>466112
pansies detected
>>
It's impossible to get someone to admit defeat. The autists here would rather die than admit they were wrong.

I feel that arguments and debates are meant to be judged by others. It's up to You to decide who won.
>>
>>466094
Okay, you won. I admit defeat.
>>
File: hand.jpg (120 KB, 1300x902) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
120 KB, 1300x902
>>466280
See, wasn't that hard.
>>
File: No_U_war[1].png (78 KB, 736x2552) Image search: [Google]
No_U_war[1].png
78 KB, 736x2552
Since the inception of the internet, every argument can be summarized by
>No U prima
>No U secunda
>>
>>466166
No he wouldn't have you moron. He would have had to make a proper logical argument backing up all claims with evidence for that.
>>
>>466094
I never give up. If I lose the argument logically I resort to rhetoric and my autism allows me to prevail through persistence.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.