[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Podcasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Podcast_cc_OllyHart.jpg (82 KB, 1024x957) Image search: [Google]
Podcast_cc_OllyHart.jpg
82 KB, 1024x957
Where do threads about non-specific podcasts go?

When I say "non-specific", I refer to podcasts that are not simply discussion salóns about certain topics, such as anime, comics, music, TV shows, books, or otherwise. Examples of "non-specific" podcasts include those such as Serial (non-fiction), The Thrilling Adventure Hour (comedy), and The Infinite Now (science-fiction).

So, where would one go on 4chan to discuss these "general" podcasts?
>>
>>465988
Podcasts are a shit format, a failed business model, and are responsible for a lot of the spam on this site. Kill yourself.
>>
>>465990
Not yet; Serial is gonna go into Season Three and I wanna see how it pans out.
>>
>>465988
Well, Anon, where do completely off topic generalized things with no theme or genre go?

/trash/, /r9k/, /b/, and /s4s/. That's where.
>>
>>466003
/trash/ is literal trash.
/r9k/ is full of self-indulgent whiners.
/b/ is useless for an actual discussion.
/s4s/ is just a second /b/.
>>
In 1999 some jewish marketer guy was listening to a political talk show on AM radio and thought "Wait a minute, If we put these shows on the internets, then people will pay a subscription fee to listen on their iPod instead of listening free over the air!", and thus the podcast was born.

This is not a good thing.
>>
>>466007
Nothing you've said changes anything I believe. I think podcasts are trash. I think podcasts are self-indulgent. I think "discussion" about a podcast is completely pointless and that if you actually want a discussion you should go to some other website, and /s4s/ is second /b/.
>>
File: 1438633206700.png (268 KB, 599x667) Image search: [Google]
1438633206700.png
268 KB, 599x667
>>465988
>tfw nowhere to discuss The Biggest Problem in the Universe
>>
>>465988
Podcast about video games? /v/. Podcast about music? /mu/. Podcast about history? /his/. Podcast about science? /sci/. Podcast about politics? /pol/. Podcast about random off topic garbage? /b/, /trash/, /r9k/, and /s4s/. It's really simple, OP.
>>
>>466009
The number of free podcasts far outnumber the number of paid podcasts.

>>466010
I understand everything except for your claim that podcasts have directly caused 4chan to be spammed. Other than that, I've been ignoring you for the most part.
>>
>>466019
>I understand everything except for your claim that podcasts have directly caused 4chan to be spammed. Other than that, I've been ignoring you for the most part.

Oh, sorry. You're arguing with two different anons. I'm the one who says off topic stuff belongs on the off topic board.
>>
>>466020
Ah. My apologies, then.
>>
>>466019
>The number of free podcasts far outnumber the number of paid podcasts.
It isn't my fault you've fallen for the marketing hook. Enjoy your 12 minutes of content in a 30 minute block of show.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.