[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serial Experiment Lain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: fuckYourShitImInABearSuit.png (96 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
fuckYourShitImInABearSuit.png
96 KB, 460x460
Started watching Serial Experiment Lain for the first time because I see a lot of Lain reaction images here on /qa/. Loooot of staring at the ceiling. Anime is so fucking fast paced nowadays that I don't know how to handle this. Is there a good way to expand my attention span? I really want to have seen this show so I know why it's so good. Any tips? I'm willing to try anything. Meditating. Drugs. Watching a medium level show before continuing Lain. What do you folks recommend?
>>
File: 1444957131961.png (598 KB, 1095x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444957131961.png
598 KB, 1095x1080
just immerse yourself in the content, there's no way to artificially lengthen your attention span, just pay attention to things.
now go watch some lain.
>>
>>465897
I liked it a lot because of how slow and kinda anti-anime it is (in that it's not action packed or fan servicey) and for all the weird references in it. I learned about the Schumann resonance and project xanadu from lain. But if it's not your thing, than its not your thing. There's no shame in not liking it, op.
>>
File: 1452448338031.jpg (4 KB, 249x175) Image search: [Google]
1452448338031.jpg
4 KB, 249x175
I became an avid anime watcher like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped reading books and I don't spend much time on 4chan anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person watches like zero anime a year. If you watch 5 minutes a day, you are 5 minutes above the average person

-Don't force yourself to watch. Commit to watch 5 minutes a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like watching anime more and after a month or so you should be watching 50-100 minutes a day for pleasure

-Watch various anime at the same time. When I pick out a difficult anime or one that makes me sleepy I pick out another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I watch cyberpunk and slice of life.

-It isn't a race. Watching slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what anime are for you to watch fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the anime from your own money you'll feel the need to watch them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with anime highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.
>>
>>465943
OP here. Shut up, Anon. I'm gonna watch it dubbed now just to spite you.
>>
>>465991
the dub of lain ruins the message though ;-;
>>
>>465897
watch .hack sign first. lain will feel fast paced by comparison.
>>
>>466001
HOW COME I MUST KNOW
>>
Honestly, I have nonexistant attention span and I finished Lain with a breeze. Maybe it's just not your kind of chinese cartoon.
>>
>>465897
Lain is one of those works you need to relax and sniff your own farts for. No one knows what is going on in that so that is the way to truely enjoy lain and other similar works like sotc.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.