[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meme control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1457306106676.jpg (45 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1457306106676.jpg
45 KB, 498x412
>Board generates meme
>This meme relates to the boards topic
>This meme breaks no apparent rules
>This meme has good OC potential and variability
>Mod doesn't find the meme funny
>Proceeds to delete the meme and all threads associated with it

It just keeps happening. 4chan is on a fast track to becoming like 7chan where moderation attempted to control the flow of board culture by deciding what was "old 4chan" and what was "forced newfag shit".

Just let shit happen and if it's shit, it will die, don't keep deleting it because that just encourages people to try and morph it into some kind of shitposting out of spite.

Don't give me shit about memes historically being deleted, because once they break a threshold everyone stops giving a shit, like with baneposting. Convenient that as soon as moot started to like Baneposting it managed to spread like wildfire across every board with no intervention.

Even if something forced by one faggot, it is best to let the userbase determine whether or not they like it and not just delete it. Maybe if after a couple of months it's still just one faggot trying to force a meme then you remove it.

TL;DR stop trying to be meme police
>>
File: modern moderation.png (294 KB, 537x385) Image search: [Google]
modern moderation.png
294 KB, 537x385
>>463855

wrong image
>>
zomg none
>>
>>463855
No context supplied

Meme was objectively shit
>>
>>463860

Want an example? the QPU meme on /v/. Not the funniest, but ultimately charming and reddit hated it as a plus.

Never broke any rules because it was about mario 64 speedrunning. However, it was and still is viciously hunted down and removed with greater speed than your general shitpost.
>>
>>463862
Could it be that you're a month late on forcing that?

>reddit hates it!
Who fucking cares if reddit hates it?
Besides teens who really believe in 4chan vs reddit EPIC INTERNET RIVALRY
>>
>>463869
>Could it be that you're a month late on forcing that?

I never once contributed to the meme but lurked the threads and noticed the speed in which they were being removed. The question is if it was never breaking any of the rules then why is it being removed? If your OC is going to be judged on some asinine basis then why even post? It's the same reason 7chan is dead.

>Who cares if reddit hated it?

If you hadn't noticed, this shithole had a long period of cringe-worthy irony due to everyones fear of the big bad R.

No fun, no OC, no creativity, no entertainment; because the moment any given board starts resembling a better time the hoards of retards will come and take le epic screen shots for upvotes.

I'm sure you remember when 9gag came out right? How everything became a satire of what it used to be, memes were "le may-mays" and all the old shit was mocked because a bunch of Brazilian cucks brought our inside jokes to the former digg community?

It happened again with /r9k/ in 2014 and they still get reddit diaspora over there taking a visit to the NEET zoo to get some screen caps of screaming frogs.

Point being, it's a really good thing when Reddit doesn't find our content funny.
>>
>>463875
>I'm sure you remember when 9gag came out right? How everything became a satire of what it used to be, memes were "le may-mays" and all the old shit was mocked because a bunch of Brazilian cucks brought our inside jokes to the former digg community?

How is that the fault of anyone except the insecure? What, you couldn't be funny anymore in case someone posted it on reddit? In case the secret club was compromised? So weak of character.

And don't tell me you're one of those ninnies that gets upset because "normies" come to /r9k/ and mock you? Because that is dumb.
>>
>>463877
I'm not even describing myself, I've always enjoyed the board culture here. But I'm a minority, the majority of faggots would shut this website down if it meant stopping Reddit and anyone like it from posting here.

It is the fault of both, the fault of the common fag for trying to lower the posting quality to get rid of the Redditor and the fault of the Redditor for not conforming to the board culture and parasitically feeding off of our content.

Believe me, I understand how fucking retarded it is that people cried over their stolen OC and demanded the death of memes but that is how the majority behaves and that isn't going to change. Mind you, the way /r9k/ reacted to the mining of their frogs in 2014 is almost exactly the same as the way people did near the end of 2008 or whenever 9gag came out. Acting like a secret club of superior-yet-inferior contrarian autists with special inside jokes is just an inherent part of 4chan.

But I digress, this thread is about mods and jannies stunting OC.
>>
>>463862
the mario 64 speedrunning memes have been some of the funniest shit I've seen in a long while
>>
>>463882

Yet they keep getting deleted, Have you found the rule that they break because I haven't?
>>
4chan was better when mods could do whatever the fuck they wanted and everyone kind of went along with it.

After several years of users trying to declare war on evil newfag reddit mods or whatever, they've been stuck enforcing actual rules and people throw a shitfit whenever they do something different.
>>
>>463895

That's just a result of the massive traffic now and the fact that there are more shitposters.

It's the shitposters they should be focusing on though, not trying to filter out memes they don't like.
>>
>>463879
Well, shit ok

I don't really disagree now you put it that way
>>
>>463898
Shitposters love memes though don't they?
>>
>>463855
This is how it always works

>new meme
>its pretty funny and everyone is posting it
>mods try and stamp it out cause they're giant faggots
>if its good, it survives and everyone taunts the mods forever.

They literally auto banned you for posting >my face when. We switched to >mfw as a big fuck you.
>>
>>463900

No, shitposters love attention.
Why else do you think they congregate mainly on the highest traffic boards?

There is interesting phenomenon you'll notice if you post on both high and low traffic boards.

Low traffic boards resemble a classic forum, people actually seek discussion and well thought out answers. The board is so slow that they could wait weeks for a reply and they're fine with that.

High traffic boards are more like chatrooms, no one wants genuine discussion because threads will die in an hour regardless.

They're going to be on these boards for current, instant gratification entertainment, not a long term post where they leave and come back to their thread in a week.
>>463901

To be fair, moot seemed fairly against board culture and memes in the beginning because he was rigid in what he wanted the website for. This is why that one rule still basically makes image macros bannable despite them becoming a huge part of the culture. But thats old history, not every meme has become this thing the mods just ban until it outlasts them and they start to like it. The mods at this point should fucking now what 4chan is about, which means the only reason some of these memes get deleted is because of personal preference.
>>
>>463903
>Mfw was as old as 2011. Beyond the point where moot changed his stance on that stuff and even publicly mocked the mods for trying to moderate /sp/

Mods were, are, and always will be fucking faggots. That is eternal due to the nature of the job.

I present to you one simple question that will help you understand my point: What type of person likes to play authority figure for no pay?
>>
>>463904

>mfw was as old as 2011

What? I remember that as far back as 06 when I was a newfag asking what it meant and nobody spoonfed me?

>What type of person likes to play authority figure for no pay

Someone who really wants to control a community to fit their specific vision?
>>
>>463906
>I remember that as far back as 06
No you clearly don't.

It was invented to counteract the autoban on the full phrase on /sp/ during the broculture renaissance of 2011.
>>
>>463906
Also
>Someone who really wants to control a community to fit their specific vision?
Yes. There you have it.

We may have different view points on what to do from here. I'm an anarchist, so I will defy any authority I view unjust; you are ????

Good luck with your /qa/ thread directed to deaf ears. You seem like an intelligent guy, though.
>>
>>463910

nah mate, we've been using my face when forever. This sounds like some weird isolated /sp/ thing.
>>
>>463914
Can you read? It was shortened to acronyms specifically in 2011 because mods started autobanning it. My face when existed. Mfw did not

Feel free to check ANY archive for it pre-2011. It doesnt exist.
>>
>>463915
My bad. Apparently it started in 2010. Still in /sp/ though.

2011 has been romanticized in my mind thanks to Ian and Big Brother.
>>
>>463916
>>463915

No no that doesn't make any sense. It was on /b/ way before 2010.
>>
>>463916
https://desustorage.org/_/search/text/Mfw/order/asc/

And here's proof.
>>
>>463918
may 2010, post on /a/ by a '/sp/artan' groaning about the use of various over-used memes, one of which was 'mfw.'
>>
Can someone explain the meme where there's just a hand gesturing at a post?
>>
File: 1455266797904.jpg (11 KB, 155x167) Image search: [Google]
1455266797904.jpg
11 KB, 155x167
>>463938

You mean like this?
>>
>>463938
It's Drake.
>>
>>464142
>>465454
No, it's like... from the perspective of the person with the hand. Palm up facing outwards. And it's a white guy's hand so it's not Drake.
>>
>>465466

I'm not sure if I've seen this based on your description, have an example?
>>
>>465474
Unfortunately no, or this would be much easier.
>>
>>465481

Is it a hand point at repeating numerals?
>>
>>465486
No. You know that sports gif with the guy that holds out his hand while smiling incredulously? It's like that, but if it were from his perspective.
>>
>>463879
>Acting like a secret club of superior-yet-inferior contrarian autists with special inside jokes is just an inherent part of 4chan.

Honestly, this is a great summation.
Nice post
>>
>>463918
>>463915
https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/12637791/
>>
>>463912
>anarchist
kek
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.