[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fix the captcha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: FIXIT.png (19 KB, 370x133) Image search: [Google]
FIXIT.png
19 KB, 370x133
FIX THE FUCKING CAPTCHA PLEASE

I HAD TO SPEND 10 MINUTES TRYING TO EVEN FUCKING MAKE THIS THREAD
>>
>>463717
>allow bots to post again by making captcha easy to read.
>>
>>463733
Google is no longer the 'Dont be evil' Company we used to know when captcha was first implemented. Now they dont give a fuck and dont even listen to suggestions from other websites anymore. Google and re-captchs have changed for the worst

There are better and more importantly, MORE CONSISTENT alternatives out there to re-captcha which work fine
>>
>>463717
>not using a pass
>>
Well since google fucking pisses me off I decided to write a guide on circumventing this bullshit and observations on Captcha so far

Circumventing measures:

Rebooting the router and getting a new IP address doesnt seem to affect it much, and it still wants to be a pain in the ass and give me complicated captcha's and make me fill out multiple of them

However, rebooting the modem, getting a new IP address, and clearing all google cookies and logging out of google accounts seems to bring captcha back to a normal state, and it behaves like normalwith easy captchas and requiring you to fill out one

What im trying to find out is to see what the patterns behind recacha are, and how does it decide whether to make it give you easy or hard ones

my guesses/observations are:

Difficulty level:

-Might bade it off of region, with countries like Russia given difficult capchas by default

-Number of times someonefills out a capcha- seems like if someone fills out too many captchas at once, difficulty increases, even if you get them correct

-continued in next post
>>
File: 8fa.jpg (14 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
8fa.jpg
14 KB, 183x232
>>463757
Multiple capcha's:

-It seems like google does not give any extra info on why a capcha was deemed incorrect, even if it obviously was (see pic). My guess is google tries to trick the user into filling out multiple capchas by giving a vague error message in hopes that the user will either just give up or keep filling them out, therefore helping out google by further training its neural network.

-It is obviously intentional that captchas which are correct are marked as incorrect.

Tracking:

-Obviously google is tracking users via cookies to help determine the difficulty and how many capcha are given to a user. The cookies make it so that is a user is behind a new IP address they can still track the user. Statistics which might be monitored include sites visited and browsing behavior
>>
>>463717
Hey Anon, how much money do you make at your job per hour? Do you think you've crossed an hour of filling out Captchas on 4chan yet? Would you do this for a living?
>>
>>463803
For now I would do it for a living, especially since I just got fired from my job
>>
>>463805
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

well you're in luck.
>>
>>463717
Captcha is owned by Google, not 4chan.

So you have to ask moot

:^)
>>
>>463735
Well then fucking tell Hiro.
>>
>>463733
>easy to read
You know, having to do just one captcha per post would be a good first step. Or hell, even lowering the number of unsolvable captchas down from one third. There's bot protection and then there's human torture.
>>
>>464206
>There's bot protection and then there's human torture.
moot added this feature as a tribute to the memes of his old haunt Something Awful
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.