[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has the average age of a 4chan's userbase gone up or down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1412138693179.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1412138693179.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Has the average age of a 4chan's userbase gone up or down over time?

What about for individual boards?
>>
File: 4chan october 1.jpg (21 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
4chan october 1.jpg
21 KB, 251x251
I once heard a very compelling assessment that, while the number of underageb&s coming here to post has never gone down, the average age has gone up due to oldfags growing up and continuing to post here. I.e., there are more adults on 4chan now than there were 8-10 years ago.
>>
File: iphoneImage.png (78 KB, 711x352) Image search: [Google]
iphoneImage.png
78 KB, 711x352
>>461036
Our population keeps exploding exponentially though. Millenials outnumber baby boomers now. I don't think the oldfags who stay can compete with the newfags who join. I believe it's safe to say that blue boards maintain an older userbase than red boards though.
>>
>>461029
its gone down. a lot of teens have shown up and essentially ruined what it once was
>>
File: 1409612087114.png (535 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1409612087114.png
535 KB, 1024x768
>>461029
Older people are lured here from 10 years of wildly variable media coverage.
>>
>>461107
One thing sure is consistent about media. If it has to do with computers and they don't understand it, they call it "hacking."
>>
>>461104
Teenager alert. 4chan's average age was what, 17? In 2004?
>>
>>461114
That definition of hacking is actually pretty good. "It involves computers and I don't understand it." Sure, there's probably a more precise word to use, but "hacking" means programming, "hacking" means social engineering, and much much more.
>>
>>461159
Plus have people like him seen screenshots of "what it once was"? 4chan used to be a bunch of people yelling EPIC WIN and nigra and whatever else.
>>
>>461214

that was a small amount of anon on /b/ mostly
>>
>>461277
Moving goalposts.
>>
>>461076
>baby boomers
there were never very many boomers on here Anon.
>>
>>461029
I got older
>>
>>461029
iirc there were polls done a couple years ago that showed /pol/ having the highest average age, can't remember the rest though
>>
>>461163
I work with people who genuinely think that ctrl+alt+arrowdown is "hacking."
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.