[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SJW wordfilter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 472x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 472x308
Im proposing to add SJW to the existing global word filter

Reason
-overused
-devoid of meaning
-used in inappropiate context
-stale meme/unfunny
-reduces/inhibts discussions by labeling

>inb4 gtfo plebbit

I hate niggers and durkas as much as the next guy but /v/ermin kids spam it everywhere

http://strawpoll.me/6963726

What do you think?
Pros/cons/change suggestions
Discussion is encouraged
>>
>>456916
not spammed enough
it is a boring meme and doesn't really have any use, but it's not a huge problem sitewide

normally I'd say cuck should be filtered but even that has died down, people use it as a meme now (on /ptg/ we call people "whatcucks" all the time)

nothing is really a problem, mods just need to delete obvious shitpost threads
>>
>>456916
What do you want to filter it to?

also
>raidpoll
>>
>>456930
cuck is still fairly often used, but i think people use it creatively and it still evolves
SJW is relatively static and there are no derivatives

>>456962
i dunno desu, convention is to change in something japanese-y right?
poll is just to have some metrics if people care about this or not.
>>
>>456995
>i dunno desu, convention is to change in something japanese-y right?
lolicon
>>
File: file.png (12 KB, 1350x200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
12 KB, 1350x200
>>457000
It works even better than I expected.
>>
Cant you enable your own filter?
You known that never changes anything, right? People would probably post 'sjw' more often.
>>
File: file.png (3 KB, 408x76) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 KB, 408x76
>>
>>457061
i think it does change posting behaviour, if you cant just spout a buzzword and be done with the topic.
it reduces amount of one sentence shitposts significantly.
>>
File: file.png (44 KB, 1301x135) Image search: [Google]
file.png
44 KB, 1301x135
>>
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you don't like the static nature of SJW, then please modify it yourself.

Me personally, I like to call myself a Social Justice Mage because I cook social justice warriors in their armor.
>>
>>457095
No they just spam it anyway or find something new.
>>
Sanctimonious
Jewish
Women

That's how I always think of them, anyway.
>>
File: spooky scary skeleton.png (42 KB, 273x360) Image search: [Google]
spooky scary skeleton.png
42 KB, 273x360
>dat Halloween only wordfilter
I wish it had stuck around.
>>
File: stupid faggot.jpg (79 KB, 452x611) Image search: [Google]
stupid faggot.jpg
79 KB, 452x611
>>457144
>or find something new.
WOULDN'T THAT BE FUCKING AWFUL!
>>
>>456916

If you do this, you must also add "go back to /pol/" and variations to the same filter or you're a hypocritical fuck.
>>
Go to your settings and filter it yourself, problem solved.
>>
>>457299
We're not under any obligation NOT to be hypocritical. /pol/ has a whole board to shitpost in, SJWs don't, so /pol/ leaking out should be taken more seriously. Not to mention that "gb2/pol/" is usually only posted when someone starts ranting about cultural marxism, but anyone who thinks trans people deserve rights or that women have ever been oppressed is labeled a SJW.
>>
>>457299
If you come up with a fun thing to filter it to, sure.
>>
>>457392
>/pol/ has a whole board to shitpost in, SJWs don't

That just means that /pol/ is contained as long as the mods do their jobs (which, admittedly, is a big "if") whereas SJWs can freely shitpost site-wide and nobody can do anything about it.

>"gb2/pol/" is usually only posted when someone starts ranting about cultural marxism

Haha, no. People get called /pol/ all the time for expressing an opinion that is even slightly right-of-center.

There's really no point in wordfiltering it anyway. All you're doing is using up site resources and making conversations confusing to follow just so you personally don't get triggered by a word you don't like. There are personal wordfilters you can use as other people ITT have pointed out; no need to be a whiny bitch and force everyone to conform to your personal preferences.
>>
>>457556
>That just means that /pol/ is contained as long as the mods do their jobs (which, admittedly, is a big "if") whereas SJWs can freely shitpost site-wide and nobody can do anything about it.
Yes, and that's why I'm saying it's a greater transgression for /pol/ to shitpost. Since there is no /sjw/ board, ANYTHING sjws post will be outside of their dedicated containment board. Whereas when /pol/ shitposts on other boards, they're choosing to do so despite having a board where that type of content belongs.

> There are personal wordfilters you can use as other people ITT have pointed out
Those just hide entire posts, they're not real wordfilters.
>>
>>456916
>There is people using the term SJW unironically
>>
Why the fuck did Old admin change SJW back from Spooky Scary Skeleton? It was fucking perfect as a word filter.
>>
>>457144
Yes. So it does change posting behaviour.

>>457303
You're not getting the point.

>>457299
>>457556
So your argument is that it would be unfair because in your mind there are /pol/ and SJHealers and the balance needs to be preserved yes?
I dont think SJRogues even visit this website.
If you're getting told to go back to where you came from its probably because you just copypasted some uneducated hivemind opinion, imo.
Thats besides the point btw, if you want anti-/pol/ sentiments to get wordfiltered, I'd suggest you make your own thread, but i highly doubt the success of that endeavor.
My point still stands, SJClerics gets posted a lot, yours is just a variation of >>>/r/eddit etc.

>>457577
Open a couple of threads randomly and cntrl+F 'SJGeomancer' its pretty prominent.
I'm sure there are stats somewhere for actual use
>>
>>457116
>>457065
>>457056
glorious.

should be done immediately
>>
>>457494
shoujo?
>>
>>457578
Because as much as the people who whine about most supposed SJWs are a bunch of miserable self-important cunts, the term still has some legitimate use.

So would "cuck," if anybody ever actually used it to mean what it actually meant, but since nobody on 4chan is married, it was being used wrong 100% of the time.
>>
>>457695
>cuck
>ever used in the literary sense
>>
>>457578
Because cuck and sjmesmer was used to bully him when the gf Drama was on its peak
Maybe deemed irrelevant after japanese replacement
>>
>>457736
Neither of those wordfilters were put in place until after the sale.
>>
>>457684
>Yes. So it does change posting behaviour.
it just changes the flavor of shit you dumb nigger
only heavy moderation with put people in line
>>
>>457698
I've seen "cuck" in literature before.
>>
bump for visibility
>>
stop being contrarian faggots and help making something funny for dogs sake

>>456916
voted4u
>>
>>457777
four same numbers
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.