[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Richest board.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: Take my money card.jpg (38 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
Take my money card.jpg
38 KB, 600x416
So, which board do you think is the one with the most money?
>>
/b/ by pure numbers alone. But /r9k/ or /biz/ for highest concentration of wealth and I'm only including /r9k/ because of the neetbux and that one guy who won the lottery.
>>
either /g/ or /vg/
>>
Probably /a/ or /jp/, just look at all the worthless shit they can afford
>>
>>454951
Probably /m/ or /vr/, because they seem to have an older user base.
>>
>>454951
The /biz/raelis.
>>
>>454953
>>454963
>/biz/

Nah. I have to see any real display of money coming from them, most of their threads is just talking about imaginary portfolios, shitting on the human resources department because they constantly reject their applications, and shilling the FotM crypto currency.

Have you seen threads like "what cellphone do you use" or "watch thread"? They usually die after a few responses mocking OP for wasting money on worthless crap like that.

If they have money, they aren't doing something worthy of mention with it. So, what's the point to have a million dollars in the bank if you can't afford a $20 wrist watch?
>>
>>454974
The point is to be the board with the most money, and I think frugal shitbirds with a million dollars and no wristwatch qualifies you for that.
>>
>>454977
Problem is, how do you know they actually have that much money?

I mean, I could go to yahoo or MSN money, or some other mainstream site, or go fancy and pick some obscure specialized website to build a portfolio, but that doesn't prove I have a cent to my name.

So, without solid evidence to prove otherwise, (not even some middle tier cellphone), to me, /biz/ is pretty much /pol/ with a funny hat.

Based on evidence, I would nominate /jp/, /k/, /p/, /o/ and /toy/.
>>
>>454958
>>454959
I would nominate /out/ for those reasons. Older, mature user base with a lot of money to blow on outdoor gear and traveling.
>>
File: 1264632805749.jpg (151 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1264632805749.jpg
151 KB, 800x600
>>454982
>you're only rich if you piss away all your money on status items
Why the fuck do people think this? You get rich by saving, working hard and using money wisely, not by pissing it away on shiny bullshit so your peers will be impressed. Most people that end up well off (in the $1-10 million range) find themselves there because they did exactly that - they worked hard, saved shekels, invested those shekels to make even more, and cut down on as many unnecessary costs as possible.

The only people who do what you believe rich people do are the ludicrously wealthy (as they can piss away money and still have plenty left over to keep them going) and not-so-wealthy normalfags that think buying designer clothes, overpriced watches and a new car every other year will magically make them less poor.

>Based on evidence, I would nominate /jp/, /k/, /p/, /o/ and /toy/.
I don't know about the others, but /jp/ is definitely relatively poor. Haven't visited in fucking years, but most of them were NEETs/students that prioritized spending what little money they had on chinkshit more than they should last time I looked. I wouldn't be surprised if the others are similar - spending a lot of money on materialistic hobby shit is only going to make you poorer 99% of the time.
>>
>>454977
Frugal people (the kind that buy horse oats in bulk and rely on it for 50% of their calories and never eat out) are usually frugal because they are poor.

>>455147
The easiest way to get rich is to get a reasonably high-paying job (and not piss it all away, which most people actually don't) before doing that. That's often not the same as working hard.
>>
Probably /toy/, many of them are 30 or older and have wives/kids, not to mention endless shelves of figures that are 50-100$+
>>
By contrast, what would be the poorest board? I'm going to imagine /v/ considering piracy is a hot topic, though I suppose /vp/ has plenty of underaged faggots still in school as it is already.
>>
>>455156
Nigger every fast board is at least 70% underagefags
Tbh id say /vp/ may actually be older, since pokemon is less popular now than it was in the 90s, whereas video games in general have exploded in teenage popularity since then
>>
[S4S]
>>
What board is the most well-educated? What board seems to be the least concerned with money? What board has both of these qualities? Whatever board it is, I'd say they have the most wealth.

I'd instantly disqualify /a/, /jp/, and the video game boards, as they seem to be discussing the kinds of things that generally don't interest many people with great wealth, or are generally a bit too young to have much in the bank. In the end it's hard to say, because 4chan doesn't seem to attract the kinds of people that are very well-off. As someone mentioned earlier, there's always /b/, as it's the most popular board.
>>
>>455156
/r9k/ would. They make minimum wage, IF they are employed. The "neetbux" thing is a meme.
>>
>>455172
There were some real PHDs on /his/ for a couple days before /pol/ showed up and 404d all their threads
>>
>>455176
History PhDs may be educated and intelligent but they're sure as fuck not going to be rich.
>>
>>455179
someone hasn't been following the conversation
>>
>>454951
/pol/ in 2013 (aka before it became shit) had job threads and they kept spending money on things like 'donate to officer wilson' and george zimmerman. In fact /biz/ was born because /pol/ and /g/ kept having bitcoin generals. Was great.
>>
>>455235
oh, and I think it'll have to be /b/ (majority of the money goes to waste), /pol/ (not the meme fags but the economics/conservatives at least), /toy/ (hobby?), maybe /r9k/, /cgl/ and /trv/.
>>
File: Darren Wilson GoFundMe.jpg (2 MB, 2224x9942) Image search: [Google]
Darren Wilson GoFundMe.jpg
2 MB, 2224x9942
Definitely /pol/.
>>
>>455241
>tfw /pol/ attempted to buy an island before the IDs and flags came in

lol, those were the best times. Before /out/ existed, /pol/ and some /k/ users would post off-the-grid threads and ham radio generals. There's even a screenshot of a /pol/ user communicating to /x/ via frequency wave.
>>
>>455235
>>455241
What the...

I was honestly impressed when /tg/ raised 15k to fund a project on kickstarter to get one of their homebrews get published in a more professional format, but this is fucking nuts.

Ok, so far, based on votes alone, it looks like:

>/b/
>/biz/
>/jp/
>/pol/
>/r9k/
>/toy/

Are the most recurrent nominates. To be honest, I'm surprised to see /r9k/ up there.
>>
>>454953
>/r9k/ because of the neetbux and that one guy who won the lottery.

which guy one the lottery?
>>
>>455327
Every archive is down right now but here's a link with the thread number once desustorage starts working again.

https://archive.moe/r9k/thread/17055303/#17055303
>>
>>455241

Nothing is too expensive for /pol/ if it means pissing off libtards.
>>
>>455156
Only around announcement season. Like now.
During the drought, we were probably mostly over-age.
>>
>>454951

/o/ or /biz/, adjusted per capita.

My car cost $25k used with another $20k in mods. Plus screencaps on /biz/ show people have some substantial investment portfolios unless they're shopped.
>>
>>454951
/o/, /biz/, /toy/, /out/, other hobby boards, big boards like /b/, Etc.
Which board is the most percentage underage?
>>
>>455361
>Which board is the most percentage underage?

Probably /v/ or /b/.
>>
>>455363
Which is the oldest by percentage?
>>
>>455364

/o/ or /out/?
>>
File: bkxkx43jlpvgoq6xm8dm[1].jpg (149 KB, 636x424) Image search: [Google]
bkxkx43jlpvgoq6xm8dm[1].jpg
149 KB, 636x424
>>455241
seconding this
>>
>>455365
/o/ sounds about right, since kids can't drive. /out/ sounds good, too.
>>
>>455348
thank u anon i look forward to it!
>>
>people saying /out/

Fuck no the majority of people there are homeless or hobos.
>>
>>455320
/out/
>>
>>454951
/trv/ by a wide margin. In both money and wisdom.
Everybody there is a rich old man with no outstanding obligations.

Followed by /toy/
Followed by /cgl/
Followed by /jp/ (onaholes and figs)
>>
>>455376
Wanna know how I know you don't browse /out/
>>
>>455156
/r9k/
>NEETS
>Minimun wage fags
>People living on autismbux that barely cover monthly expenses
>>
How is that nobody have mention /g/ so far?
>>
/tg or /co

People that game and read comics tend to be nerds. Nerds tend to be smart. Smart people tend to have fucking good jobs.

There's eight people in my current gaming group, and between them I'd wager they're pulling down close to a million a year.
>>
File: T4jQt2F.jpg (898 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
T4jQt2F.jpg
898 KB, 3110x2073
>>454951
>not mentioning /fa/

Nobody has an income of their own, but in terms of mommy daddy wealth it is number 1. It's chock full of underage trust fund babies bickering over thousand dollar sweaters, post a pair of shoes worth under $500 and they'll laugh and call you a poorboi.

Pic related is the meetup, note that the combined value of this cringey trashwear is well over $5000 usd
>>
>>456656
Did the meet up was at the zoo or something? I mean, what's the deal with the giraffe in the middle?
>>
>>456656
>Those descriptions
kek
>>
>>456642
I've seen the NEET holes those autists live in, dustbin diving is literally what they recommend to find model m's
>>
File: gorillion dollar.jpg (42 KB, 498x501) Image search: [Google]
gorillion dollar.jpg
42 KB, 498x501
>>454951
Uhm /biz/ of course. That is where all the ultra billionares go to share their ecellent knowledge of monetary issues.
>>
>>455241
>jpg
One liberation wasn't enough
>>
>>456642
Consumer electronics don't really cost that much

>>456802
And there's nothing wrong with that, the only other options are:
- buying an used model, still needs to be cleaned up (unless you trust strangers) and tested
- buying a replica or some other overpriced keyboard, but will it last as long as an IBM™ and give the same circlejerking power?
>>
>>456812
Yes! All the rich men go to /biz/!
>>
>>455348
>>455371
>he thinks moe is going to be back up.

https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/17055303/
>>
>>454951
>credditcard.jpg
>>
/k/ is right up there. While they joke about nogunz and poorfags with mosins, there are some folks with some huge ammo caches and pretty fancy firearms and gear. A number of people own land and you can see them shooting on it (so, enough land to build a range). Guns are an expensive hobby in Europe, so any euro shooters tend to be at least median income for their country.

/g/ has at least a few users who can drop a few thousand on a watch.
>>
File: 1436782472757.jpg (10 KB, 236x225) Image search: [Google]
1436782472757.jpg
10 KB, 236x225
>>454951
maybe /fa/? geobaskets ain't cheap.
>>
>>456656
>>456662
>>456664
i will never get tired of this picture
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.