[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is discussion of /co/ related video games no longer allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 5
File: future.jpg (190 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
190 KB, 1280x720
Why is discussion of /co/ related video games no longer allowed on /co/ after months of them being allowed and doing just fine?

>video games belong on /v/ or /vg/

Then why is live action stuff allowed to be discussed on /co/? Those are neither comics or cartoons.

Discussing mobile /co/ related games makes much more sense on /co/ because a) /v/ hates mobile games and b) we talk about the comics and attract new posters.
>>
>after months of them being allowed and doing just fine
/mhg/ and /maag/ have been on /co/ for YEARS, with /mffg/ almost reaching the 1 year mark.

>Off-topic; all images and discussion should pertain to video games
We can't even discuss comics on /vg/? People have been warned and even banned for this since we got moved to /vg/ without any warning. Soooo we can't discuss /co/-related video games on /co/ because it's video game related but then we can't even post on /vg/ because it's comics related.
>>
>>452649
Yeah sorry, I was just MFFG so I forgot how long the others have been there.

These generals make much more sense on /co/ because the type of people on that board and also the posting speed. Now anything related to these games gets deleted in seconds somehow.
>>
>>452653
I don't play Heroes but I did start playing M:AA because I came across the thread on /co/ a couple of years ago.
You're right, it does make more sense for these /co/-related games to stay on /co/ because we, y'know, actually discuss comics as well, which we now can't do on /vg/.

/mffg/ has filled up 3 alliances of /co/ players and there were talks of needing to create another, which goes to show how much traffic and new players we got from being on /co/.
>>
>>452643
This is why we should probably have a couple boards for some popular genres, like the Scifi-Fantasy board or the Capeshit board. This kind of garbage right here.

Not even talking about wanting a containment board, I think a capeshit board would be great because then you could talk about the Comics, the Vidya, the Movies, the Live Action TV Shows, and maybe a Novella or the Fanfiction too. Sure, it'd be a cesspit but what board isn't a cesspit?
>>
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/79193947/

look at all that
>talk about the comics
>>
>>452667
I didn't say every thread was 100% about the comics

But people would bring up the related comics sometimes, there were a few people who knew Star Lord and Guardians comics pretty well, we talked about which comics costumes and characters would work well in the game.
>>
>>452667
Are you posting that as an example of /mffg/ actually discussing comics? Because look at it, there's comics discussion right there
>>
It's pretty well known that /co/ mods are incredibly autistic about generals, it's probably just a symptom of that.
>>
>>452690
But we've been fine for months/years >>452649

This was out of the blue
>>
>>452690
I think it was even tried to disguise a MFF thread as general discussion and it still got taken down, but yeah this was out of the blue, after having mffg for almost a year and other Marvel game generals on there for 2+ years
>>
I think I know why they moved us to /vg/
>its a VIDEO-GAME about comic characters

while this may be actually true, the characters themselves are bigger and got a load morre of content than the video-game itself.

the discussion on the thread is sometimes about ingame mechanics etc.. but the game is about the characters of Marvel Comics.

This is why I think marvel, or even dc games should be allowed to be discussed /co/. The mobile game is just a form of media to appreciate the characters.

gravity falls and adventure time are tv shows... so it isnt on /tv/? because the board culture is about the western characters, not the midia itself

sorry for my engrish but I think you guys got my point
>>
>>452795
Wait so are you saying that /co/-related video games should have stayed on /co/ or moving them to /vg/ was the right move?

>This is why I think marvel, or even dc games should be allowed to be discussed /co/. The mobile game is just a form of media to appreciate the characters.
Pretty much this. Just like how Marvel/DC movies and tv shows are discussed on /co/. It's because of the CHARACTERS, the source material the movie, or the tv show or the video game is drawing from. Thank you[spoiler]?[/spoiler]
>>
>comics vidya is not allowed in /co/

>sports vidya is allowed in /sp/
Okay.
>>
>>452795
I didnt know about >>452802

this makes my point even more clear
>>
>>452802
>>452804
Doesn't Football Manger requires a bit of knowledge about football to be good at it? I don't see any knowledge of comics required to play mobile marvel games beyond liking whatever superhero is in it.
>>
>>452805
you need knowledge for about anything

the way the characters play in the game: skills, leadership and ingame mechanics etc are heavily related the way the characters are portrayed in the comics

character uniform versions. references, jokes and content are /co/ related
>>
>>452805
And how is that relevant to whether /co/-related games should be on /co/ or /vg/? Why would you play if you didn't like the Marvel characters anyway. But since we all like comics, we tend to discuss comics in the thread, which is now not acceptable on /vg/, as 'all discussion and images must be video game related'. From our favourite characters to which ones we want to see added, which uniforms we want, etc. There's references to comic storylines and even MCU tie-ins, which also get discussed.
Most /co/mrades started playing because we were on /co/, and we attracted 100+ players.
>>
>>452808
>And how is that relevant to whether /co/-related games should be on /co/ or /vg/?
My problem isn't whether the games are /co/-related but the 24/7 general aspect of it that seems to be forgotten in these arguments. That's the main reason people want it to go on /vg/ in the first place. Does /co/ really need 3-5 24/7 Generals for video games when /vg/ exists especially when we are banning generals of actual /co/ content and not just /co/ related content from a different media?
>>
>>452805
Doesn't rhythm games need music skills to be good at it? So why isn't the general for rhythm games on /mu/?
>>
>>452810
Ah I see where you're coming from. /co/ is already a slow board and has had /co/-related game generals on there for over 2+ years now. There's /mhg/ and there was /maag/, with the latter dying out and doesn't really stay alive any more. And now /mffg/ has been active for almost a year. There's also Avengers Academy which is new, just released a couple of weeks ago, which started making a general and desu that's just shipping shit and if I was really harsh I wouldn't even call it a game because it's a check-and-forget (sorry AA fellas).

>Does /co/ really need 3-5 24/7 Generals for video games when /vg/ exists
It's only 2 generals pretty much, and, again, we can't even discuss comics on /vg/. So all of the /co/-related content that would belong on /tv/ gets to stay?
>>
>ITT: anons find the hard way their boards aren't being used for what it is supposed to be used
I blame the jannies.
>>
>>452837
>So all of the /co/-related content that would belong on /tv/ gets to stay?
This is pretty much my problem with all this. You want to kick the video game threads off the board because they're video game threads and they're using up space that could be devoted to actual comic and cartoon discussion? Sure, I get that.

But then they let over half the board get taken over by live-action discussion that is 90% shitposting. 2-3 threads that don't bother anyone and are filled almost exclusively with /co/mrades sure as fuck are better for the board than the deluge of live-action threads that do nothing but give people that don't care about comics or cartoons an avenue for shitposting, trolling, and memes.

I'm not saying kick them out too, but only kicking us out but not them is completely one-sided.
>>
>tfw you realise
>/wwe/ is >>>/tv/ material
>/fifa/ and /trb/ are >>>/vg/ material
>half the threads of >>>/co/ are >>>/tv/ material
>some threads in >>>/a/ are >>>/u/ material
etc
>>
>>452810
then every other general should be moved like >>452851 mentioned
>>
>>452851
There's a shitload of crossover between every board. Just on /co/ alone you've got /tv/ threads, /ic/ threads, /v/ and it's spinoffs threads, /mu/ whenever there's a new Gorillaz album, /toy/, /a/, etc etc. You could argue the need for a /cape/ board, but even then you'll still have crossover everywhere.
>>
>>452864
and what you are trying to say is...?
>>
>>452865
I thin he means there's no point, because even if you make a board for every little niche it will all bleed over
>>
>>452886
That's why reddit was created, so you could create your own 4chan board.
>>
>>452886
but we are not asking for a marvel future fight board dude
>>
>>452900
that's not what I meant to say, sorry if my words arent clear. I'm playing Future Fight too anon I was trying to understand the guy I quoteds words
>>
Avengers Academy is now dead on 4Chan. Can't discuss it on /co/, because it's a video game, can't discuss it on /v/ or /vg/, because it's not a video game.

Besides, it barely had the numbers to sustain a General even on /co/, where half the time it died before bump limit.
>>
>>452905
Good. One less 24/7 general on the board.
>>
>>452934
then every general should be banned in your logic
>>
>>452935
And the problem with that is?
>>
>>452936
Generals are part of the board culture.
There are generals in every board. Even the most random board /b/ got "hidden" generals like the draw, webm and ylyl

there is no reason bo ban generals and also no reason to move marvel future fight discussion to /vg/
>>
>>452934
what's your problem with generals? And please don't say "they're taking up space for actual comic disscusions". No one is stoping you people from making your threads, if people gave a shit about the new indie comic they would be in there.
>>
>>452943
>what's your problem with generals?
They are sub-boards they often develop their own culture separate from the board they are on. They foster a mentality that a thread about this IP must always be up regardless of discussion. The generals are often ruled by tripfags and waifufags reducing most discussion to waifu/shipping discussion and lewd fanart. Also anyone wanting to escape from this by making a thread about said IP get told to "go back to your general".
>>
>>452954
So?
>>
>>452954
In this hypothetical where there are no generals, where the hell would you talk about the Marvel games then? /v/ or /co?
>>
>>452957
Both because as >>452864 stated, crossover does exist on every board but there shouldn't be an eternal thread for every IP that can be posted up there.
>>
The majority of the threads we talked about the /co/ related properties to keep it alive since the mechanics are simple and you don't need to discuss them over and over.
>>
>>453033
Perhaps, but we can't discuss them there.
>>
>>452954
Except there's no tripfags and no shipping

>Also anyone wanting to escape from this by making a thread about said IP get told to "go back to your general".
Hasn't happened
>>
I just want consistency. If we can't have video game threads on /co/ then why is live action allowed? It's literally the same logic.
>>
>>452795
>gravity falls and adventure time are tv shows... so it isnt on /tv/?

They're cartoons, the board is literally called Comics & Cartoons.

You can discuss on /tv/ as well if you want too though because as well as being cartoons, they're also tv shows.
>>
>>453213

So then phone games about comic book characters are definitely /co/ material. Glad that's cleared up.
>>
>>453211
Because the janitors and mods like the live-action shit even though it's the bigger problem and arguably even more off-topic.

The best you can hope for is a superheroes & adaptions board.
>>
>>453217
Not really because phone games are neither comics nor cartoons, they're games.
>>
>>453218
It's bullshit though. Allow all adaptions or none.
>>
>>453220
Live action TV and movies aren't comics or cartoons either. Are you retarded?
>>
>>453220

Much like live action films aren't comics or cartoons. It still dominates a significant portion of thread space.
>>
>>453223
>>453224
I don't think the /tv/ shit belongs either, in >>453213 I was only pointing out that Gravity Falls and Adventure Time are cartoons and therefore belong on a board called Comics & Cartoons.
>>
>>453229
You should probably read the phrase right after that one in his post.
>>
>>453230
>because the board culture is about the western characters, not the media itself

In principle that's completely wrong but I don't know what the hell goes through the mind of a mod.

It all boils down to whatever the fuck they feel like enforcing, discussing Disk Wars isn't allowed but talking about an actor or directors twitter feed is.
>>
Is there anyway we can report the new /co/ mod?
>>
>>453236
His point is that something might be more suited for a specific board over another because of the nature of whatever it is.

/co/ mobile games make way more sense on /co/ than /v/ or /vg/.
>>
>>453247
Especially /co/ mobile games where there is zero gameplay besides 5 minutes of tapping a few buttons every few hours and 100% of the appeal comes from interactions between characters as is the case with Avengers Academy which is less of a "game" than even your standard visual novel.
>>
I would absolutely be in favor of getting rid of the vidya threads on /co/ if it meant also getting rid of the /tv/ threads and the ludicrous shitposting they attract.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ej7ZlS2oQ Is this /co/ or /a/?
>>
Can't make any /co/ game threads at all right now. Fuck you, piece of shit mod.
>>
Just got banned to for attempting to recreate /mffg/.
>>
>>453294
Post your ban notification.
>>
>>452643
Nobody knows because the mods are too autistic to talk to users.
>>
>>453275
According to mods, it's /a/, a quick scroll through the archives show anime threads (unless it's Saitama vs western capeshit) get deleted quickly.

I don't know why they'd disallow eastern cartoons because there's a board specifically for it but not apply the same logic to live-action threads.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57 KB, 1602x218) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57 KB, 1602x218
>>453309
Dude, this is fucked
>>
File: Capture.jpg (13 KB, 177x143) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
13 KB, 177x143
>this is acceptable /co/ content
>>
>>453309
Wait, you got banned for making a video game general on /vg/? Or am I reading that wrong
>>
>>453309
Wait what was it
>>
>>453345
Pic showing him banned from /vg/ for posting /mffg/ general but it looked like he was trying to post it in /co/? I was confused
>>
>>453350
There was a ban from /vg/ for talking about comics in the general that got moved there
Second ban from all boards for trying to create a new general on /co/
>>
>>453351
Jesus Christ. What's going on with the mods?
>>
>>453355
Well he probably got his post deleted because he evaded his ban. The second ban was from all boards until the 28th of February, and it was posted on the 25th.
>>
>>453378
First ban was just on /vg/ then the 2nd ban from all boards was for posting on /co/
>>
Can't even have a thread discussing about /co/ video games but shit like >>>/co/80223153 is allowed.
>>
This is why I've advocated for a Capes board. /co/'s tumblrtoon loving autistic mods are out of fucking control.

If the mods are willing to ban people for having fun, yet they autistically protect tumblr posting
>>
>>453415
That's a pretty well known voice actor who has done a lot of things including PPG. Newfag.
>>
>>453560
Oh yeah, that thread is definitely talking about all her work and not about how much they want to fuck her.
>>
>>453560
Tara Strong threads have always been about her tits and nothing else.
>>
>>453527
You do realize that removing superheros will not fix /co/. Also last time I checked, everything that people on /co/ considers fun has been called tumblr at some point which is pretty much anything that isn't bitching and complaining about the newest change in comics and cartoons, how shitty is this webcomic artist, and posting the latest cringeworthy art from DA.
>>
>>453603
Not him but I think we should have a capeshit board because then we'd be able to talk about the games, the movies, the cartoons, the comics, and the novels in one place without having to worry about this absolute nonsense that this thread is about.
>>
>>453641
As someone that goes to /co/ for comics I'm against a capeshit board because that will immediately turn /co/ into the 'cartoon' board-- because that's the dichotomy now.
It's either capeshit or it's a cartoon or it's not talked about.

The only way I'd be cool with both those faggots getting their way is if I get mine as well, and that means an indie comic board.
>>
>>453648
I'd call for webcomics to go on the /im/ board people are throwing around.
>>
>>453603
It's not about fixing /co/. You need to overhaul the entire moderation team, which is something that just will not happen.

Rather, we abandon /co/, but have a /cog/ or /cape/ board without /co/'s moderators.
>>
>>453238
Not unless you find out who they are, and show proof of their corruption to Hiro
>>
>>453648
So let me get this straight. You don't want Superhero fans to be able to talk about Superheroes because nobody wants to talk about your no-name indie comics?

What a cancerous faggot you are, holy shit. If nobody wants to talk about it now then there's no reason for you to try and spite everybody else. /co/ would still be Comics & Cartoons. Nobody would fucking stop you from making a thread there about whatever you want.

If nobody posts in it, then maybe you should just accept that what you like isn't popular.
>>
>>453711
>You don't want Superhero fans to be able to talk about Superheroes because nobody wants to talk about your no-name indie comics?
Exactly.

>What a cancerous faggot you are, holy shit. If nobody wants to talk about it now then there's no reason for you to try and spite everybody else. /co/ would still be Comics & Cartoons. Nobody would fucking stop you from making a thread there about whatever you want.
>If nobody posts in it, then maybe you should just accept that what you like isn't popular.

Calm your shit, capefag.
I enjoy capeshit as much as the next shill, but why would I need a new board to talk about what's already being talked about ad infinitum? More space to make threads about what Scarlet Witch's feet smell like?

This arbitrary concern for popularity is non-existent in other interest/creative subboards, /mu/ and /tv/ are all capable of discussing shit that isn't top 40 or blockbusters.
Neither capeshit nor cartoons are in danger of having less discussion about them yet both are vying to seperate so they have more room to themselves, but you know what is in danger of less discussion? Indie comics. So eat a dick.
>>
>>453728
>Exactly.
Yeah, then you can fuck off. Nobody likes indie comics. You aren't going to change that with your little tantrum.

>I enjoy capeshit as much as the next shill, but why would I need a new board to talk about what's already being talked about ad infinitum?
This VERY THREAD is about cape related topics being banned. Do you not know how to read?

>but you know what is in danger of less discussion? Indie comics.
You can't have less than 0, retard. Nobody likes indie comics, and nothing will change that. Best that you go somewhere else, like Reddit.
>>
>>453732
>my tantrum
You're the one that went on a little 'don't-tell-mommy-I'm-swearing-on-the-internet' binge. All I did was make a suggestion in my own selfish interests like everyone that suggests a capeshit board does, like everyone on /qa/ does in general.
Go chimp out somewhere else because someone disagrees with you, you little hugbox seeking spergmissle.

>This VERY THREAD is about cape related topics being banned. Do you not know how to read?
So?

>You can't have less than 0, retard.
Go back and get your GED, nigger.
I believe in you.
>>
>>453735
>hugbox seeking

Ironic for an indieshit loving nigger
>>
File: UOTAY.png (163 KB, 335x370) Image search: [Google]
UOTAY.png
163 KB, 335x370
>>453752
>>
>>453728
>but you know what is in danger of less discussion? Indie comics.
Not really since indie comics the feature superheroes do get discussed on /co/. As I said before about this topic the problem is not all superhero comics but Marvel and DC superhero comics that flood the board.
>>
>>453728
>nobody wants to talk about this so move what they do want to talk about so people will talk about this
>>
>>453787
I can agree with that, but I just have my doubts that the void of Big 2 talk is going to be filled with other comics, I think it will become a cartoon board.

I've been wrong before, though.
>>453823
Literally the exact opposite of what I said, let's start with reading Dr. Seuss books then graduate to shitposting.
>>
>>453833
That's literally exactly what you said, faggot. You've posted in every thread about a /cape/ board sperging out over your shitty indie comics.

Nobody cares about them. Nobody ever will. Accept it.
>>
>>453855
This is my first time on /qa/ since moot left, so I'm not whoever you're talking about, but it's funny that you've had experience with this argument and still suck at looking like anything other than an illiterate selfish capeshit fan.

Stay mad.
>>
>>453864
https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/376920/#q376992

>A superhero board would only make cartoons more prominent on /co/ and most comic threads would be more about comics based on licensed works such as Star Wars and webcomics rather any indie comic let alone a good one.

Are you saying this isn't you? Because you use the exact same ignorant reason.

FYI, if I ever see an indie comic thread on /co/ (like that would ever happen) I promise to shitpost it to death.
>>
>>453870
Not me, they sound pretty smart though.
Enjoy your sad existence, mate.
>>
Can you fags shut up so we can get back on topic, thanks.
>>
>>453648
>I'm against a capeshit board because that will immediately turn /co/ into the 'cartoon' board
>>453833
>I just have my doubts that the void of Big 2 talk is going to be filled with other comics, I think it will become a cartoon board

Big 2 comics discussion would still be allowed because they're comics as well as being superhero media. Just like you're allowed to discuss The Simpsons and South Park in /tv/ because they're cartoons as well as tv shows.

I think storytimes, Win-O threads and cape comic discussion will always be a mainstay on /co/, only there will be more room for them because there'd be less adaption threads and they wouldn't fall off page 10 as quickly. I cant imagine a sudden rise in cartoon threads for the sake of "just because".
>>
>>453875
holy kek, he thinks he's fooling anyone
>>
I don't understand why we don't just split Comics and Cartoons into two boards, and allow comics to cover all adaptations too. Capefags get their shit, but the post speed should be slow enough that indiefags don't get drowned out, and it's not like the comics and cartoons sides of the board have much to do with each other right now anyway.
>>
so this went way off topic fast. The real issue here is why are mods now banning co video game talk on co and telling people to go to vg, where they'll get banned for posting comic related stuff. It especially doesn't make sense seeing as how they seem to be picking on one or two threads while ignoring the fact that at least a quarter of the threads on /co/ really belong on /tv/. Splitting off cape stuff has nothing to do with this at all. Its about consistency in moderation.
>>
>>453899
Better yet why don't they just shove all live action adaptions to /tv/ and be done with it. They deleted the Pixels movie threads on /v/, you don't see movies based on books threads in /lit/ so why should /co/ deal with movies based on comics?
>>
The topic:
>/co/-related video game *generals* have been on /co/ for 2+ years now
>one day they all get suddenly shafted to /vg/
>not even allowed to discuss or post images relating to comics on /vg/; some anons banned
>/tv/-related threads and /tv/ shitposting are allowed to run rampant on /co/
>it's not even an issue of the vidya threads being a *general*
>/mffg/ alone attracted 100+ /co/mrades, no longer possible on /vg/
>>
>>453735
>So?

So I guess you're in the wrong thread then. See, we're talking about capeshit stuff being banned.
>>
>>453899
>but the post speed should be slow enough that indiefags don't get drowned out
When have you ever honestly seen an indie thread? And I don't mean on the front page, I mean at all. It seemms like indie readers complain about capeshit and don't make the effort to make a thread, and just assume they would get drowned out. I'm sorry if I'm sounding hostile but everytime there's any kind off disscusion about making a cape board it's the same argument everytime
>>
>>453965
Not him but this whole "cape vs indie" is retarded as fuck since there are independent comics that have superheroes settings. Indie generally means any non-corporate owned comic and webcomics fall into that category. Of course if the guy you are arguing with is the same guy from /co/ I've seen then indie means any obscure comic that pushes the medium forward and is only known by comic book enthusiasts. Generally what I used to call underground comics
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 356x177) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
18 KB, 356x177
>acceptable /co/ content
>>
>>453910
Again, this is why a Capes board is needed. It would cover movies, games, superhero cartoons, comics, toys, and everything else related to superheroes.

People who like superheroes want to talk about their favorite characters in all media.

>>453965
They pop up every now and then, but yeah, indie comic threads are incredibly rare, because most people aren't into indie comics. Putting superheroes on their own board won't make these elusive non-superhero indie comics disappear. Hell, there's stuff like Walking Dead that is super popular, but wouldn't go to the /cape/ board because IT ISN'T A SUPERHERO COMIC.
>>
>>454202
I actually like the idea of capes board in theory

But it would probably just be company wars 24/7
>>
>>454168
Why aren't "What did X mean by this?" and "Now that the dust has settled" in the OP autoban phrases by now?
>>
>>454203
It would just be all the superhero threads on /co/ moved to another board. It's not like a /cape/ board would attract people who don't already use /co/.
>>
>>454209
Yeah but the audience would be 100% capefans as opposed to a mix of cape, cartoon, etc. fans

I just think it would intensify the shitposting
>>
>>454209
You would get other cape media like One Punch-Man, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, The Wonderful 101, Dragon Ball Z etc...

Superheroes are very popular and discussed on several boards daily. Threads would most likely vary beyond DC vs Marvel.
>>
>>454229
Uh, no. Toku and anime would not go on the Western Superheroes board. They already have their own boards.

The entire purpose of moving Western Superheroes to their own board is because they've grown so big that they've outgrown /co/. Trying to force unrelated shit into that board is a /d/-/aco/ tier retarded move
>>
>>454231
This is the first I've heard about it being a western only superhero board.

>They already have their own boards

So do cartoons but you're still allowed to discuss them on /tv/.

>Trying to force unrelated shit

I'd say superheroes on a superhero board is about as on-topic as it gets.
>>
Ignore the indieshitter. He's found a new spam technique.
>>
Reminder that the only ones using "capeshit" on /co/ are /tv/ immigrants and shitposters trying to ignite Big 2 vs indie company wars.
>>
>>454209
>It would just be all the superhero threads on /co/ moved to another board.
No it wouldn't because people who claim that they want this board constantly say that you can still discuss the comics on /co/. maybe mods should change rule number one to comic and cartoon only instead of all western media

>>454264
People has been using that term on /co/ for years but lately people who generally don't use the board that much say it constantly as if capeshit was the name of the genre/setting.
>>
>>453907
>>453926
People are mentioning the potential of a superhero board as a solution to your problem and the /tv/ problem.
>>
>>454264
I say Capeshit because a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, and "Superhero Comic Book Stories" is much longer.
>>
>>454460
But it's not a solution. And neither is shifting comicbook related media to other boards. Because for it to be a solution, there needs to be a problem first. And there wasn't one, until the /co/ mods made it.
>>
>>454967
But...it is. Superhero media is growing in popularity, and is growing beyond the bounds of just comic books. The people who like superheroes don't just like the comics; they want to talk about everything the character is included in. This means movies, TV Shows, video games, and everything in between.

The mods on /co/ don't want that. They ONLY want comics to be talked about. Which is fine for things like indie comics, but it's deliberately ignoring what people actually enjoy talking about.

Since the topic is uniquely broad, and since the fanbase does not actually overlap with the rest of /co/, it makes sense for western superheroes to be moved off /co/ and onto a new board. It's like how /m/ was split off of /a/, or /vp/ was split off of /v/.
>>
>>455263
It would be easier just make /co/ for western comics and cartoon rather than make a new board for /tv/fags to inhabit but that requires moderation that cared more about the board itself than whether someone posted a pic of an anthro cat in a bikini in the draw thread.
>>
>>455280
Did you even read my post, retard?

Making /co/ JUST things that are things printed in Comics and animated as Cartoons completely ignores exactly what I said: people who like Superheroes like Superheroes because of the characters, regardless of the medium.

This fucking thread is ENTIRELY ABOUT /co/'s shithead nigger-loving faggot mod deleting things that aren't comic and cartoons but are still related to superheroes.

Fucking shit, are you illiterate or something, or just a buttblasted indiefag?
>>
>>455309
>This fucking thread is ENTIRELY ABOUT /co/'s shithead nigger-loving faggot mod deleting things that aren't comic and cartoons but are still related to superheroes.
So what else is new. Making a new board for superheroes will not fix the problem with moderation and it seems like your only solution to that problem. I see Avengers Academy still has threads up while your IP doesn't. Why not figure out what they are doing right and your threads are doing wrong.
>>
>>455355
so you are illiterate
>>
>>455407
Well let's see. You said >>455263 that the mods want /co/ to be just about the comics which is a lie since they made that sticky about live action being allowed. You also stated that the superhero fanbase does not actually overlap with the comic fanbase so it would make sense to make a superheroes board even though it's not all superhero comic that are the problem with the board, just Marvel/DC.

What I don't understand is what do you want done to the board because it seems like either you want all superhero-related material off the board so you can have your /mffg/ or mods to stop being faggots and let you have your /mffg/.

Or is it something completely different?
>>
>>455355
>I see Avengers Academy still has threads up while your IP doesn't. Why not figure out what they are doing right and your threads are doing wrong.
Not calling it a General seems to help.
>>
>>455705
I tried that multiple times and salty mods still deleted them.
>>
>>455705
>Not calling it a General seems to help.
see >>453316
>>
Currently 17 /tv/ threads on /co/ including three different threads about tickets about to go on sale for the same movie. That's perfectly acceptable, but one or two /co/ related video games threads require immediate deletion and bans.
>>
/co/ mod needs to be fired. Full retard.
>>
>>456416
Maybe you should stop trying to make a thread by saying "X is cute! CUTE!".

Honestly, that phrase in itself should be an instant ban
>>
>>456447
Maybe you should suck my dick.
>>
>>456447
Its crazy that people have to try and hide co related threads on co.
>>
So a general is allowed on /vp/ for a Pokemon-related mobile game, that's not even officially Pokemon (>>>/vp/25381471) but actual Marvel mobile games aren't allowed on /co/, generals or not.
>>
Let us back on /co/, shitty mods
>>
>>457489
Christ, did a Mod get kicked out of an alliance or something?
>>
>>457847
It sure seems that way. Maybe they'll get kicked out of the batman vs superman movie and that'll get them to start deleting all the live action /tv/ threads on /co/ too. Damn hypocrits.
>>
>>456692
>/vp/
>videogame about pokemon
try again
>>
>>458472
So why can't a videogame about comics be allowed on /co/ then? You try again
>>
>>459513
Because /vp/ was created for the pokemon franchise, which is VIDEO GAMES. /vp/ stands for "videogames pokemon", like "/vg/" stands for "videogames generals" and /vr/ stands for "videogame retro". /vp/ is a videogame board. It's also listed under the "videogames" category in the main page.

This said, every board has different rules and mods are the ones that decide what goes and goes not. If you don't like it tweet at hiro telling him to change it.
>>
>>459720
Putting it like that makes sense but even regular threads about /co/-related vidya get deleted. Moving them to /vg/ because they were *generals* is understandable but any attempt to make a thread that isn't a general still gets deleted, but of course all the /tv/ shitposting gets to stay
>>
>>460043
What it is, is actively stifling discussion of /co/ related material. And this is far from the first time: RWBY posters get banned for no reason, SU threads were banned for no reason, and it was the mods mishandling of the situation that led to the whole MLP thing in the first place.
>>
>>460388
>RWBY posters get banned for no reason, SU threads were banned for no reason, and it was the mods mishandling of the situation that led to the whole MLP thing in the first place.

Yeah. For whatever reason, somebody in power believes /co/'s biggest problem is all these danged comics and cartoons being discussed on the fucking comics and cartoons board.

And not, say, all the increasingly unrelated movie discussions (being angry about the Ghostbusters sequel is fine but it's not fucking /co/-related), or the company wars bullshit straight out of /v/, or the blatant political-bait threads by people looking to get their Two Minutes Hate on whoever the fuck they think we're at war with today.

No, fuck all that, it's a much better use of time to arbitrarily ban threads for popular ongoing series with no explanation whatsoever, or to make sure nobody posts reaction images from The Voldemort Show, because the best way to get people to stop freaking out over fucking nothing is apparently to encourage them to freak out over it even harder and to never ever stop doing so.
>>
Bump.

In the coming months, /co/ should be renamed from Comics & Cartoons to Dawn of Justice vs Civil War seeing as they'll undoubtedly make up at least 50% of active threads.
>>
>>461454
The shitposting is going to be out of control
>>
>30+ Civil War threads
>>
>>465695
Not even Civil War threads: 30+ threads dedicated to 2 seconds of a single character in a trailer for the movie.

Meanwhile, any actual discussion of /co/-related material is forbidden. For no reason whatsoever. With no way to communicate, and give feedback, or even ask for an explanation.
>>
That cuck mod should be fired
>>
>>>/co/80769507

Apparently cartoon games are allowed but not comics based ones.
>>
>>468545
This is such bullshit.

It's related two-fold. MCU (since mod loves to keep /tv/ threads) as well as comics (the game just got Black Order from Infinity for one thing, meaning Thanos is soon to follow).
>>
>>>/co/80778654
>AppsKel
>flipfag developer of ripoffs and shit you can usually find on shitty flash game websites such as salonshit, babbyshit, and casinoshit
>>
>>468971
Gotta say the idea of a crossover game between those two shows is pretty good though. And the art style is actually kind of cute.
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.