[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the most requested boards on this site? I hear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: BASEDSHANE.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BASEDSHANE.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
What are some of the most requested boards on this site? I hear architecture get requested a lot, what else?
>>
/loli/ is arguably the most requested
>>
My favorite suggestion I see on /qa/ is for a board for Risk, quest threads, roll threads, hunger games, and other shitty games you play on 4chan. People were split on the name, but OP's name idea was /fg/ - Forum Games. People who disagreed were idiots who think that Forum means PHPBB Message Board.
>>
a conspiracy board, probably named something like /tin/foil
>>
/l/
>>
>>451890
>/fg/
And we could call them /fg/ots. Brilliant.
>>
>>451884
"/io/ - images only" has been requested at least a couple of times recently on /qa/.

Also a religion/spiritual/occult board has been requested since /q/ days.
>>
>>452244
I was actually thinking about that. I was thinking that /fg/ would be the best board to raid for funny cross site drama where people from /pol/ would make up games for how to take oil from a/fg/hanistan and shit like that.

At FIRST I was thinking about this as reasons why the name was a bad idea, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I actually wanted to read those silly threads, so now I really want the name.
>>
>>451890
/fg/ is being pushed by the Risk community so their little Skype rulers can have a private circlejerk.

Questers are just being used.
>>
>>451890
It would run out of content quickly. Use /b/ or /r9k/. You don't need an entire board dedicated to that.
>>
>>452293
I don't see how being used is a problem if you get what you want out of it. I like quests and I don't like /tg/.
>>
>>452295
If they'd make a worksafe /b/ then I'll go there.
>>
>>451884
A pedo board.
>>
>>452295
>It would run out of content quickly
A quest board alone would have enough content, just going off what we currently have, not to mention the fact that a lot of people would start doing these if they had a place for it. A whole forum games board would be a whole other thing!
The question is, would Pokemon related quest go on /fg/ or /vp/? MLP related ones?
I like to call /vp/, /mlp/, and any other franchise-specific boards that we may get, "Franchise Boards," because anything related to the subject, even if it would normally go on another board, go in these ones. Would that be the case for /fg/?
>>
>>452119
This.
>>
/wwe/ is the most needed one for sure
>>
>>452466
Eh it's about the 6th most needed one maybe
I'm sure it could come within the next couple of years
>>
>>452295
>you don't need an board dedicated to papercraft
>>
>>452427
If I were writing up the rules, I'd say the quests themselves go on /fg/, and then if you want to have a general discussion thread ABOUT Pokémon Quest, you do that on /vp/. Faggots will bitch and moan about general threads and circlejerks, but this system works just fine for TGChan, where they have a board for the quests, and then another board for meta discussion about the quests. Somebody could do some faggy little /r9k/ Wojack and Pepe try to get a date quest and then have discussion threads about it on /r9k/, etc.

But this of course depends on your point of view. Me personally? I don't think we should have a new board to quarantine and contain content, but rather we should have new boards to FOSTER new content. I don't believe in the philosophy of containment boards. Adding a new board always increases the awareness of the subject, never decreases it unless that board also comes with a rule banning the discussion outside of the board, like with /mlp/. If people want /fg/ - Forum Games to get the quests out of /tg/, then having /tg/ allow discussions of the threads is exactly the opposite of what you want, I'd imagine.
>>
>>452525
It doesn't need to be a containment board, though. Just a better place for that kind of stuff. Ot could have some neat gizmos, like a vote counter, Etc.
>>
>>451900
that is /x/ and would be redundant as hell
>>
File: Möbius.jpg (55 KB, 633x547) Image search: [Google]
Möbius.jpg
55 KB, 633x547
>>452558
That is not /x/, /x/ doesn't want them because more often than not it isn't paranormal.

/x/ sends those people to /pol/ and then when they get there, /pol/ sends them back to /x/ because of >>>/biz/rules/2 , and the cycle repeats again and again and again.
>>
>>452562
>>>/biz/rules/2

seems to me that confirms this post >>452558
>>
>>452565
I challenge you to go try it in reality and see what happens. If you post it on /x/ you will be sent to >>>/pol/ and then if you post it on /pol/ they will tell you to go back to >>>/x/.

That doesn't even count what happens when they post on /k/ or /int/ or /r9k/, which is a problem, but then again if all the boards adhered to the rules 100% then nobody would ever post on /qa/.
>>
>>452570
you think I would be intimidated by x kiddies and go to pol? fuck that I would just samefag until someone joined the discussion
>>
>>452553
I feel like we might need to invent a whole new engine for /fg/. I could write one up. Throw some ideas at me. An upvote-downvote system that doesn't affect the positioning of the posts, Highlights for OP, #nDm dice rolling with math stuff markdown, and the option for OP on thread creation to turn any of these features on or off. What else should we have? Maybe a feature where you can post something that is there-but-hidden until OP makes a post that reveals hidden information for games like Mafia?
>>
>>452618
Also, OP needs the option to make his thread auto sage when he's done. Maybe be able to turn off trips and names for all but him.
>>
A superhero board has the potential to be more than just another containment board like /vp/ or /mlp/.
>>
>>451884
An architecture board. Which is a forced meme that no one seems to actually want.
A forum game board. In my opinion if you're going to try to kill something then just ban it.
A conspiracy board. Mods really just need to decide whether conspiracy whackjobs go to /x/ or /pol/.
A loli board. I have no strong opinions either way on that.
>>
>>453242
>conspiracy whackjobs go to /x/ or /pol/.

I'd think it's:
/x/ - conspiracies involving aliens, mythical figures, etc.
/pol/ - conspiracies involving actual people

Only problem with this is the truly crazy people who should otherwise stay on /x/ clogging up /pol/ and making it even more nonsensical than it already is.
>>
A blue board /b/
A non-futa fetish board
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.