[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greentext and /co/, specifically /rwbyg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 7PUTYeu.png (145 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
7PUTYeu.png
145 KB, 365x363
This topic was brought up a while back and iirc there wasn't any official response on it so here we go again.

Greentexts on /rwbyg/ are getting flash-deleted by janitors, either by their own motives or someone who reports them. They're not off topic, and yet they're deleted and people are banned for this reason.

It's not OC related, most of it is smut, and it's very clearly a minority doing this. It'd be nice to get some clarification or action on this.
>>
>>450814
>4chan actually has people who write erotic greentext fan-fiction

Really, what are these people doing here? Why do they imagine this trash is welcome?

There's some serious Sonic the Hedgehog shit around these days.
>>
>>450814
>smut is deleted

Gee, I wonder why.

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>450819

Considering it's getting trashed justified by "Rule 3", come up with a better answer m8
>>450816
People screencap it and then repost it, so it's obviously welcome by some people.

And yeah, people write greentext all the time you dingus. The issue is that it's only been an issue in /rwbyg/
>>
How do you know it's only an issue in RWBY generals?
I was under the impression that all the posters there were /a/ refugees who never step outside their threads into the greater /co/.
Is this not the case?
>>
>>450841
I've seen greentexts un-modified in other generals. Other boards as well.

I don't know about the /a/ refugees thing.
>>
>>450836
>People screencap it and then repost it, so it's obviously welcome by some people.

Yeah, the aforementioned sonic fans
>>
>>450814
>people get banned when their FANFICTION gets reported
>lol we need clarification on if it breaks the rules!
Jesus fucking Christ you RWBYfags have brought this shit here 10 times already. Your retarded fanfiction is a bannable offense, get the fuck over it and go to Reddit if you don't like it.
>>
>>450814
I recommend posting your erotic greentext smut on /trash/. Not because I think it's bad but because /trash/ really likes erotic greentext smut.
>>
>>450996
and how does it break the rules?
>>450898
b8
>>
>>451008
It breaks the rules because it's off topic. /co/mblr has become even more cancer than when I was there. You're literally mad at the janitors for trying to making /co/ like the rest of 4chan again.

>b8
No. It's not bait. You RWBYfags need to learn you're the minority when it comes to writing autistic fanfiction. The rest of 4chan laughs at you, and all you idiots do is call bait whenever someone on /qa/ calls you out on your autism.
>>
>>451011
>fanfiction about related topic is off topic
>related
>off topic

go learn English you asshat
>>
File: 1431190702514.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1431190702514.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>451022
>m-m-muh fanfiction is definitely on topic!
>constantly gets deleted and banned
Okay, buddy. Your personal take on what is and isn't on topic surely means more than that of the mods and janitors.
I guess the RWBY manga isn't really a manga since the majority of /a/ seems to think so.
>>
>>451024
I've yet to hear a single rebuttal to whether or not it's off topic. All everyone says is it's autistic faggotry; hilarious how people are trying to get people to stop 'infecting their board' and let them be, when that's all /rwbyg/ wants.

Yeah the RWBY manga is a manga. It by definition, is a manga. That's exactly my point.
>>
File: 1425067788807.jpg (28 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
1425067788807.jpg
28 KB, 524x336
>>451025
It's off topic because you're not discussing the show or something about the show. You're creating your own content and just slapping character names on. This fanfiction just leads to even more people responding to the fanfiction not as a piece of the show, but as fanfiction. It's about as on topic as me putting my own fan manga on /a/ and asking for feedback.
I can go on about how calling everyone who posts in a certain thread asslicking retards shouldn't be banned for flamebait/shitposting because I'm not actually looking for replies or wanting to make people mad, but I'm not going to bitch and moan all day when that's what I'm banned under. My own personal interpretation of the rules don't matter. Mods see my replies as flamebait and shitposting, so I get banned. That's it.
Do you even realize how mods work here? They can ban you for anything without sticking to the rules, and they always have. You're just a newfag acting as if the mods are some cops that absolutely have to follow the rules. Look at literally every single Kinomod ban. Look at how saying "go to reddit" is a bannable offense on some boards.
>>
>>451034
Except this isn't fanfiction about OC characters that's getting banned, this is about the actual characters in the show, hypothetical scenarios sometimes. So yeah, do a little research.

Also someone is not a newfag because they disagree with policies, unless your definition of oldfag is 'people who sit there and take it up the ass'.
>>
>>451039
You didn't address a single thing in my post. You took past conversations in these tons of other /qa/ threads about this topic and mixed my post with them. You're taking your own content and slap characters in it just to get responses from other users. This has nothing to do with the content and is about as on topic as me creating my own manga and asking for feedback on /a/.

>unless your definition of oldfag is 'people who sit there and take it up the ass'
You tried to look like an oldfag and failed miserably. Everyone loves Kinomod because of his policies. Go ahead, tell me what rule "blogposting" breaks when I go on /a/ and tell people about how my family hates that I watch anime, or that I love watching anime and show a picture of my kids wearing anime shirts.
>>
>>451039
You're literally creating OCs when you take background characters with no personality or background and write whole stories about them.
>>
>>451045
How is writing about characters, exploring possible scenarios about their personalities, just 'slapping names on them', and regardless, it's intended to be about the characters in question. Yes I know that's a very generous way of putting it, but it doesn't make it any less true. By your logic, fanart should not be allowed in generals as well, because it's only "a fan's reinterpretation" of the character.

I honestly thought you were talking about OCs though. My bad for the misunderstanding. I never claimed to be an oldfag, I just don't really why it's relevant. I also could care less about /a/, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up, unless it's just example fodder.

>>451056
That's debatable, especially when people are taking what we do know about them and expanding on them. What's the difference between that, and just outright saying, "what if [background character] was like this? I think 'x and y and z.'" Believe it or not it does proc discussion.
>>
Sonic fans plz
>>
File: 1436079872693.jpg (89 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1436079872693.jpg
89 KB, 900x900
>>451061
>I also could care less about /a/, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up
You realize mods are global, right? I'm showing you that mods have always banned people based on their own views and interpretations of the rules. What YOU think the rules encompass means absolutely nothing. Kinomod bans people for "blogposting", even though it doesn't technically break the rules. You can argue all fucking day about how you don't think something is off topic, but that doesn't change anything.

>How is writing about characters, exploring possible scenarios about their personalities, just 'slapping names on them', and regardless, it's intended to be about the characters in question
Doesn't matter, you're creating your own content filling in blanks in a story to get people to wank you off about your shit. It's essentially advertising your reaction youtube channel. You aren't doing it to create discussion. These responses also have nothing to do with the content, because they're just talking about you and your fanfiction.

>By your logic, fanart should not be allowed in generals as well
Fanart does not create off topic discussion unless it's something like your OC DONUT STEELS.
>>
>>451061
I've read your stuff and have watched RWBY. Nowhere does it ever imply Mei Zedong is a lesbian. Nowhere does it imply any character is into beastiality or lesbianism. This is literally making your own stories and putting names in it. It's the equivalent of some kid buying a drawing someone made on Deviantart and making it their OC.
>>
>>451076
>implying I wrote that
nice try
>>451069
that's fine, but until we get an official statement, it's still up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

>doesn't matter
hah. you know that 80% of writers are doing exactly what you're saying and making a living off of it? It's called TV writing and adaptations. Also you assume a lot. And yes they do have to do with it, if it's about hypothetical scenarios. Again, this logic would dictate that speculation about plot would be considered off topic.

And finally, that is NOT true. Fanart causes much more off topic discussion than you realize
>>
>>451084
I meant "your" as in /RWBYg/ in general. You guys very rarely have actually on topic fanfiction. "prodman", "lesbian Mei", and practically all of the smut have NOTHING to do with the characters and are only put there so you can post them in RWBYg. Good job at avoiding my point though.
>>
>>451087
Honestly, those are more memes than anything, as far as I know.

I don't even know what prodman is.

I also don't see what's off topic about discussing the possible sexuality (or any possible personality trait) of the characters. You're just picking at low hanging fruit at this point. People talk about headcanons ALL THE TIME in generals, how is this any different? I mentioned this above.

No one is claiming that they own the characters, it's all in good fun.

Which is something that the people in this thread fail to realize.

At the end of the day, why do you care when it's relegated to its own general? This isn't relevant to the argument, mind, it's just if it bothers you, just filter it out of your listings. Is the entitlement so high that you have to tell other people what they can and can't do, and what their own intentions are?
>>
>>451084
>It's called TV writing and adaptations
And when you get your fanfiction adapted into the show, I'll gladly accept it as on topic. Should /tv/ take in my personal youtube series? Or my fan movie? No, because on nearly every board fan creations are considered off topic in relation to what the board is based on. You can't shill your own cartoon, manga, or series. Sure, you get drawthreads, but that's because they're their stand alone threads dedicated to filling out requests. We even have writefag threads on /co/.
>>
>>451097
>No one is claiming that they own the characters, it's all in good fun
You've still created and discussed a character out of nothing but a template. That is not on topic. It's just jacking each other off to a character that could be from any other show.

>why do you care when it's relegated to its own general?
Why do you care so much that your stuff is deleted and you are banned? You have /trash/, /b/, the writefag general on /co/, and even other sites. If it bothers you, use a different site or just a different board. Are you so entitled that you think you deserve to have a mod discuss this with you when you have hoards of anons insulting them and ban evading after they've been warned, had posts deleted, and have been banned?

>I also don't see what's off topic about discussing the possible sexuality
You're not discussing anything. You're creating your own story acting as if they do have this sexual preference. You are taking the shell of a character and filling it with your own shit, plain and simple. That is not on topic.
>>
>>451106
>You've still created and discussed a character out of nothing but a template.
So we're not allowed to discuss background characters now? Ok.

>Why do you care so much that your stuff is deleted and you are banned?
Are you fucking serious? First off, there's a thread about /vg/ that's talking about practically the exact same thing, and it's basically all agreement. Secondly, how is it entitled to want a civil discussion on this? I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the insulting anons or ban evading, that's not something I'm associated with. I'm separating myself from them.

>You're not discussing anything.
You can keep repeating this nonsense all you want but it doesn't change the fact that comments and replies to a particular interpretation are, in fact, discussion. It is the same thing as if, instead of posting a story about say, 'lesbian mei', as mentioned above, it was just, "hey what if mei was lesbian', and then discussion happened about that. In fact, that's usually how it happens. It's a way of sharing ideas, opinions on the show, further concepts of characters, and other things. These limitations on what discussion is are primitive and closed minded at best.
>>
File: 1305537395499.jpg (54 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1305537395499.jpg
54 KB, 392x500
tl;dr

Nobody likes your gay unoriginal fan-fiction. It is incredibly lame, even for 4chan.
>>
>>451117
irrelevant
>>
>>450816
Do yourself a favor and never look at /mlp/.

Or do, and realize that somehow mods let an entire board become literally /trash/ tier garbage.
>>
File: 1245467543489.jpg (34 KB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
1245467543489.jpg
34 KB, 286x400
I really want to know, what is wrong with people who eternally sit on a general on 4chan?

Don't they get sick of it? Is doing something on their own too painful for them, because they're lonely? What is it?

I'd really love to know, because it runs the gamut on 4chan, from bronies to /britfeel/ to /s4s/. I hope somebody does a reputable study on it one day.
>>
>>>/co/80156963
>>>/co/80156996
It's over. Stop with the constant /qa/ threads.
>>
File: 1245468562358.png (190 KB, 3185x4803) Image search: [Google]
1245468562358.png
190 KB, 3185x4803
>>451121
Further to this, what do they do when they can't circlejerk? Do they watch Lets Plays and other "pseudo-social" videos that have become so popular?
Do they get on some steam group and circlejerk on there with complete strangers?
How old are they? I should hope they're adults who have been ground down by life otherwise they are completely fucked. Socializing and maintaining a social position in your adolescent years is hard enough IRL; I can't imagine jockeying for social status in a faceless internet forum, and getting most of your social interaction that way.
>>
File: 1456212743499.png (240 KB, 330x790) Image search: [Google]
1456212743499.png
240 KB, 330x790
Just posted in that RWBY general

Told you dog. Sonic fans.
>>
Isn't that RWBYG thing anime? I seem to recall the new mods saying it was, and that it should be out of /co/. Then again, /co/ "claims" so much anime, I can't keep track of what is and what is not.
>>
>>451203
RWBY got an official manga published in Jump. That belongs on /a/. The American webseries goes in /co/.
>>
>>451123
Something posted 7 years ago?

Sure ok.
>>
>>451412
Doesn't need to be repeated if it's been said before, especially if it's still being enforced. Do the mods need to resay RWBY is /co/ material because that was 3 years ago?
>>
>>451426
The issue is that it's only enforced in that board. If it was enforced everywhere else, sure, whatever, but at least put it in the rules or something.

/rwbyg/ is practically a containment board for fucks sake, I don't know why more unneeded rules need to be imposed on it.
>>
>>451429
Sorry, thread. Misspoke. Containment THREAD.
>>
>>451429
Nope. Not how it works. One of those posts even has your explanation. Mods don't go into generals, so rule breaking runs rampant and they only answer to reports. Your fanfics would be deleted immediately if you made a thread about them on /a/ or /lit/. Mods don't need to put it in the rules, because they have already addressed it before. Fuck, OP just wants Mods to address this issue, and those two posts have already showed that this has been done before.
>>
>>451011
>making /co/ like the rest of 4chan again.
/co/ was never like the rest of 4chan. That's what made it good.
>>
>>451431
That's stupid, but at least it's an explanation.

Is there anything one can do about asshole janitors? Or is that an entirely separate issue?
>>
>>451435
Why would people want to compare board x with the rest of 4chan as a positive thing anyway?
>>
>>451440
Janitors aren't being assholes, they're listening to reports. People are being banned for this, so mods are involved too. Your fanfiction is not allowed, and the only reason it has gone unchecked for so long is because mods don't check generals. You wanted the reason behind their deletions and why people haven't always been banned for it? There it is. You can't change the way you see it just because it's not the answer you wanted.
>>
>>451452
I'd be more inclined to believe that if this 'janitor' issue wasn't exclusive to this general.

Ah but proof is, as far as I know, nonexistent.

That system deserves an overhaul, given it's 2016 for fucks sake, but that's a completely separate issue that I'm pretty sure no one is going to give a shit about.
>>
>>451460
>I'd be more inclined to believe that if this 'janitor' issue wasn't exclusive to this general.
Many people in generals don't know fanfics aren't even allowed, so they just don't report them. It's literally just a janitor listening to reports. They have nothing against your stupid show. In fact, I believe the Homestuck general was taken down completely because all people talked about was fanfiction. Do you want me to go into other generals and report them to show you?
>>
>>451466
It's not just a fanfic issue, is what I mean.

Also people don't know probably because it's not in the rules. Which, if you want to stop the influx of these threads, should really be specified.
>>
File: 1439431408471.gif (498 KB, 400x192) Image search: [Google]
1439431408471.gif
498 KB, 400x192
>>451470
It doesn't have to be in the rules, it's been both addressed before and is still enforced. This is just like blogposting being a bannable offense. Just because you don't understand why you were banned doesn't mean mods have to tell people every time a post gets deleted for it. Not everything has to be in the rules. You're expected to lurk moar and learn what is and isn't allowed on your own.

OP literally asked for clarification on why it's deleted, and I showed them mods consider fanfics and such even worse than off topic discussion. Now all you guys are going to do is change your argument to "I don't see it in the rules so it must be allowed!"
>>
>>451474
Wat? That makes no sense, those are expectations that the majority of people will most likely not follow.

The only reason it would be a problem to include it in the rules is if it wasn't a bannable offense to begin with, it's a SIMPLE LINE OF TEXT for fucks sake. How is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>451488
>the majority of people will most likely not follow
And those people get banned for shit like blogposting.
Mods don't need to change the rules just because one little general is making a bitchfit about it. The majority of 4chan users know fanfics are not welcome. You'll get banned on nearly every board for trying to make a thread dedicated to your fanfiction. Blogposting is not in the rules, and yet it has been enforced for years.
>>
>>451490
You say this, yet it would severely lessen the work of mods if it was simply stated in the rules. Also, this isn't a thread dedication thing, despite the fact that you (or someone else) keep bringing it up.

I don't know why this is a big issue. The bans don't last a while and people get confused and throw a fit, but if it was clearly specified, they would know, and people would move on. It's also just sensible policy in general to clearly state your rules.
>>
>>451502
>You say this, yet it would severely lessen the work of mods if it was simply stated in the rules
Mods tend to avoid direct involvement, and assume people can take a hint when everyone gets banned for posting fanfiction. You cannot post your fanfics anywhere on 4chan without getting a ban, even /lit/. The only difference with these generals is the fact mods simply don't go in those and rely on reports.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.