[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think sage should come with a marker It would purpose it with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2
File: 1455929939338.jpg (23 KB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
1455929939338.jpg
23 KB, 400x288
I think sage should come with a marker
It would purpose it with a statement and people would actually use it
>>
This gets posted a lot here and it's always stupid. Visible sage was removed because this site is not mature enough to handle it. In the first place it's not MEANT to be a statement. It's just something you add to your post if you don't want to bump the thread. I use it all the time. I'm using it right now.

Now that that's settled, please close this thread.
>>
>>450385
I think that you should have to put age in the options field to bump threads, and that sage should be the default.
>>
>>450390
It was removed under the judgement of a less experienced owner
If Hiro had any balls he would make the big decisions himself
>>450395
Troll line ends here
>>
>>450401
>moot
>less experienced with 4chan than hiro
Uh okay, but that's bullshit
>>
>>450415
Hiro was the one who originally made 4chan. Not Moot. This should go without saying.
>>
>>450426
Saying something doesn't make it true.
>>
>>450428
You're not a fag
>>
>>450505
Thanks
>>
>>450385
sage was never meant as a downvote you idiot
>>
i get why it was nixed but i still miss visible sage.
it added a genuine "no, seriously, fuck off" tone to your post that just saging or saying "saged" can't replicate
>>
>>450522
nice downvote
>>
>>450533
nice digits
>>
>>450522
Do you know what 下げる means, anon?
>>
>>450692
Please tell me you did not just lookup sage on knowyourmeme
>>
>>450522
moot got trolled so hard he killed Sageman
>>
>>450532
This, people weren't using it as a down vote but it showed that your thread was shit. I still use it all the time.
>>
>>450705
https://www.4chan.org/flash?file=4chanmod.swf&title=4chan+Mod

I assume saging went something like this.
>>
>>450532
>>450735
Personally I use it more on threads where the topic is concluded in some way, but I feel like adding something. Bumping the thread would be pointless then, so I use sage.
Using sage in an active thread (which most shitty threads unfortunately are) is pretty much pointless since some faggot is gonna bump it right after you saged anyway.
>>
>>450740
Which is precisely why it should be made visible again, people don't realize their threads are shit and a lot of people forgot that sage even exists.
>>
>>450741
It's funnier if people don't realize their thread is shit though and you're replying to them sarcastically and they take it in earnest. I do this to people all the time and giggle to myself. It's a victimless crime. And then it's even better when some Angry Andy shows up shrieking his head off at me for being nice to somebody.
>>
mailto:sage
>>
>>450692
people like you make me unreasonably upset

>>450735
>people weren't using it as a down vote
>it showed that your thread was shit
i rest my case
>>
>>450735
What do you think a downvote is?
>>
>>450692
>>
>>450532
Sage was literally never supposed to "mean" that. So yes, thank God it was removed because this site was (and still is) too fucking dumb to understand its purpose.
>>
>>450817
Sage is a very passive-aggressive insult, typical of the japanese.
"You are nothing, a reply to you isn't worth a bump". That's what sage means.
>>
>>450829
>Sage is a very passive-aggressive insult, typical of the japanese
what the fuck, no
jesus christ stop making shit up, you're not going to win any internet points here
>>
>>450829
fascinating
>>
>>450829
See, this is why moot sadly removed it because of retards. It doesn't mean that, its more of a polite way of saying 'i dont think my post has enough worth to bump the thread' or you use it when you are off-topic posting.

Visible sage should still be added back or at the very least on all boards except /r9k/, /pol/, /b/ and /v/.
>>
>>450848
I'd love visible sage on /jp/.
>>
>>450848
>'I dont think my post has enough worth to bump the thread'
it's the same thing as:
>I dont think a reply to you has enough worth to bump the thread'

A passive-aggressive insult.
>>
>>450872
stop applying western logic to this, i promise you nobody on 2channel ever thought of it that way
>>
>>450872
And this is why most people think westerners are rude pieces of shit. You've got to make everything seem like someone is out to get you.
>>
Wait is non visible sage a thing?
>>
>>450973
Welcome to 2014
>>
>>451047
2013*
>>
>>451054
2012*

We're counting down!
>>
>>451080
2013*

Not on my watch. You'll never reach the correct year, hahahaha!
>>
>>451094
2012*

You son of a bitch!!
>>
on kc it's used as an insult

btw I'm not saging so I'm invalidating the above sage
>>
>>451181
I wasn't saging to kill the thread. I was saging to not help it live.

Now if you'd quoted my sagepost then I would have felt silly.

FYI, I'm not saging right now.
>>
Yes, pointless drama on a large scale is EXACTLY what 4chan needs.

It's not a downvote, but people will pretend/think it is anyway.
>>
>>451407
What's wrong with downvotes anyway? I mean which is more distasteful? Incrementing a number that expresses disdain, or posting a confrontational reply to a thread with the expressed intent of being rude in it?
>>
>>450877
>i promise you nobody on 2channel ever thought of it that way
I think they do, I've seen it in an anime where the girl browsed 2channel and all the posts were just SAGE SAGE SAGE
>>
>>451418
A voting system is bad because people will make posts just for the purpose of getting positive or negative replies. It encourages comments that are not entirely honest. All so that pointless little number can be bigger, to make the poster feel important. Trolling is already bad enough here, so adding false-importance features is an awful idea.
>>
>>451531
So... you think people on 4chan don't tell lies already?
>>
>>450532

This, sure it wasn't the original purpose but there's no doubt that the primarily anglican user base would've turned it into this at some point. Who gives a shit either way? Sometimes retards need to be told they're retards but in a classy way, without outright stating it
>>
>>451603
That doesn't mean we should add a feature to make it worse.
>>
>>452069
I don't think it would make it worse. I think the feature would add an ability to express that you approve of a thread beyond the antiquated. "EPIC" "Underrated post" "This!" filler posts that people don't really say anymore.
>>
>>452256
There is no reason for that though. Posting in the thread because you like it is exactly what that's supposed to be.
>>
>>452264
So do you think things that are SUPPOSED to happen, happen? Are you new to 4chan, friend? Or are you, perhaps, older than 2004 and then took a 12 year break?
>>
>>450839
in japanese, sage means to lower, and not advertising it while doing it would be typically japanese.

and yes, they are the masters of being passive aggressive
>>
I miss the heaven copypastas
>>
4chan is Reddit thanks to jewt.
>>
>>450385
Better idea, make saged posts not contribute to the bump limit.
>>
>>450390
>this obligatory "sage is not a downvote look I'm an oldfag everyone!" bullshit that gets posted in every thread
It lost that meaning long ago, deal with it. In the end it's one less shitty thread or inane comment disturbing page 0, the way it should be.
>>
>>451531
>A voting system is bad because people will make posts just for the purpose of getting positive or negative replies
People already do that here for (You)s.

> It encourages comments that are not entirely honest.
Do you seriously think this place is honest? At all?
>>
>>450385
We had that and it just made the OP or a shitposter purposefully reply to bump the thread
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.