[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: wat.png (56 KB, 1350x470) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
56 KB, 1350x470
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?
>>
describe the picure OP.
>>
File: wat2.jpg (187 KB, 971x891) Image search: [Google]
wat2.jpg
187 KB, 971x891
>>449876
>>
>>449876
Images getting banned based on hash. Mods are in full damage control mode and deleting any mention of this.
>>
>TL;DR - Bethesda sent Hiro a DMCA notice, so now mods ban Doom4 images with the same checksum as the original from google images (and they've also been removing threads/images manually.) Basically, Bethesda is butthurt about losing preorders from people learning how shitty the new reboot is going to be.

from /v/
>>
>>449881
Delete this
>>
is this a result of gamergate or the fappening

either way its video games fault for killing 4chan somehow
>>
>>449888
fappening
>>
>>449888
This. Moot and Hiroshima did nothing wrong. It's not like there's any other way to turn the site profitable.
>>
>>449889
No, but it's the same lawyer who filed complaints for jlaw
>>
>>449884
This is it. This is the last straw with the mods.
>>
>>449888
>the fappening
Which one was this again? Tell me a bed time story papa.
>>
>>449893
Once upon a time, some anon fucked up and decided to post a lot of celebrity nudes on /b/. Shit got out of hand and clearly made the rounds on the internet. Site got its usual bant from pundits and news outlets.
>>
>>449893
HACKERS ON STEROIDS

RACE WAR NAO
>>
File: 1407119379594.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129 KB, 724x611
>>449893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcdmbC0HHs
>>
>>449893
Fuck off newfag
>>
I got banned for "encouraging a raid" for saying anons should keep posting pictures of the doom pic. That's the kind of shit that just pisses off anons and makes the mods seem like dicks. I would've gone back to my own board after 10 minutes, but now I'm pissed and in a bad mood. I understand that 4chan has to enforce copyright, but to say you should get banned for laughing at the situation is ridiculous. Hiro, if you are reading this, please tell your mods to handle situations like this better and stop being assholes. All it does is create more work for themselves anyway.
>>
>>449906
Hiro needs to fire all of them now. I'm serious every single one needs to go.
>>
By the way, my post >>>/v/328366250. If some friendly mod could unban my other IP, I would appreciate it since I barely go to /v/ and mainly other boards. It's annoying to get dragged into this since the only reason I posted on /v/ is because anons were making off topic threads on other boards.
>>
>>449906
>I understand that 4chan has to enforce copyright,
but that's wrong you retard
>>
>>449900
Don't talk shit about him, he'll explode your van.
>>
>>449916
They don't have to, but it makes things easier for them. I don't mind that. I don't expect complete free speech on 4chan, I just expect them to be good at their job which they're not.
>>
Why is /v/ wimping out on this?
>>
>>449934
They probably weighed the options and figured since mods are trying really hard to create a shit storm, the possibility of shilling is high enough that it's better to do nothing and let it fizzle out.

Maybe they can find some other way to make mod's lives hell later, but this isn't it.
>>
>>449930
>site whose only meaningful feature is free speech
>"I don't expect free speech on 4chan1!1!"
Hi moot.
>>
>>449940
But that makes us look not only weak, but also says we let the mods walk all over us. Everyone is laughing at us right now.
>>
>>449948
Reminder that back in the days, mods had to earn respect instead of getting their cocks sucked FOR FREE out of fear and fanboyism.
>>
>>449948
I'm not going to make suggestions since I don't want to be banned again, but it's really easy to give the mods headaches in ways that doesn't give doom 4 free advertising. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>449948
>us
Who is this?
>>
>>449941
>site whose mods can literally ban or delete whatever they want for no reason at all
>"4chan is about free speech"
>>
>>449962
Found the newfag.
>>
>>449952
But people are just giving into them.
>>
>>449971
OK newfag
>>
>>449967
Being able to express "politically incorrect" opinions doesn't make it free speech if you can still get banned for criticizing the mods.
>>
maybe it got flagged as cp? I know this site filters known cp images by hash, what the fuck is that image OP?
it looks like a video game.
>>
>>449976
Apparently it's doom by lolskyrim people.
>>
>>449974
OK newfag
>>
So, OP is confirmed a newfag because he doesn't know how this occurred even though it started in 2014.

These are the /q/tards ruining 4chan.
>>
>>449976
It's images of the UI of doom. A skyrim-like navbar at the top, and completely retarded halo-tier objectives.
>>
>>449984
Found the janitor.
4free!
>>
>>449985
that's doom now?
brb trying noose, carmack betrayed us all.
>>
>>450006
Camarcak left id a long time ago
>>
>>449982
Nice argument. Just don't come crying at me when you can banned for mocking the mods.
>>
Where did all these self-entitled underage people come from?
>>
>>450012
I guess if doom had to die at least we got occulous rift out it.

Curious about picture hashes, how do they work?
Image recognition is getting scary good.
>>
>>450012
wouldn't know, obvious I don't follow video games.
either way new doom makes me sad.
was it because of the weird tech in rage?
>>
>>450029
Probably literally a checksum, so not that good nor scary, apparently.
>>
>>450050
I can't into math, that's probably why.
Looks like I've got some reading to do.
>>
Perhaps we should ask Bethesda for clarifcation?

Maybe it's some idiotic legal intern, or a false positive.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, or a chance to change their mind, before this shit goes full streisand effect on them.
>>
>>450113
Bethesda has nothing to do with it. This is entirely hiroshima and his goons that are at fault.
>>
>>450212
>goons
Gooks
ftfy :^)
>>
>>450350
That wasn't a typo, Hiro has literally hired SomethingAwful members.
>>
File: file.png (45 KB, 1827x256) Image search: [Google]
file.png
45 KB, 1827x256
>>450014
B-but I can't get banned for mocking mods, 4chinz is about free speech!!1!
>>
Old news.
I tought this was brilliant when moot implemented it. I mean, you can fill a DMCA takedown request, but it would be useless, because the thread containing copyrighted images would already be down. But then he started to ban images.
>>
>>450397
>moot is a cuck that goes back on his words
>therefore moot's words never happened
Found the newfag.
>>
>>450453
>[citation needed]
Man, redditors these days.
>>
>>450464
>I'm an oldfag, I've been there all hour!
>people who remember are the newfags, not me!1
>>
>>450465
Please reddit. Saying things that didn't happen isn't remembering things. I know you just come here to shitpost but at least try harder.
>>
>>450468
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>450468
>>450470
Man, fuck both of you. Go back to the Warlizard Gaming Forum.
>>
>>450081
It's just a number calculated by analyzing the arrangement of bits in an image. All you have to do to circumvent detection is change one pixel of the image. I don't know why people are making such a big deal over this. 4chan literally has a crude paint utility built in now.
>>
>>450491
Because people are getting banned for it, there's no list of disallowed images, and 99.99999% of DMCAs are bogus. The current DMCA on the doom4 image, for example, is illegal because the rights of the image belong, at best, to conan o'brien.
>>
>>450507
>Because people are getting banned for it
No they're not
They're getting banned for ignoring the warning, chimping out at mods or doing it on purpose to raise awareness
This isn't new, get over it
>>
>>450516
Mods deserve to be hated
>>
>>450527
On /v/? If you mean they're too lenient, I agree
>>
>>450516
I got banned for >>449912 which seemed overly unfair. You can hardly call that chimping out, just laughing at it.
>>
File: ed-hochulis[1].jpg (34 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
ed-hochulis[1].jpg
34 KB, 600x399
>>450546

>>449912 is a violation of >>>/global/rules/9 and >>>/v/328366250 is a violation of >>>/global/rules/8. Additionally, the post I'm replying to >>450546
violated both of those rules.
>>
>>450549
Mods can delete whatever they want, I'm just saying this kind of stuff is counterproductive if your goal is to nip a shitstorm in the bud. All you do is piss people off who weren't involved and cause more work for yourself.
>>
>>450388
You missed the point anon, it's a racist joke.
>>
>>450552
No, it isn't.
>>
>>450491
>4chan literally has a crude paint utility built in now.

What? Where? I looked through the settings and saw nothing resembling that.
>>450549
Damn, that old guy is jacked.
>>
File: 21.jpg (18 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
18 KB, 300x100
>>449851
I remember getting banned for posting sadpanda. Why is that? (speak of the devil, had this banner)
>>
Not as bad as some photos of a LEGO brochure getting DMCAed on /toy/
>>
>>449906
>I got banned for "encouraging a raid"
Top fucking kek, that's retarded.
>>
File: 1445186321507.jpg (344 KB, 1591x761) Image search: [Google]
1445186321507.jpg
344 KB, 1591x761
>>450623
Jewcob filed a false DMCA, which later pissed /a/nons off and daiz later damage controlled for him.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.