[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Care to explain this, Hiroyuki?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: 1456090509045.jpg (189 KB, 1366x710) Image search: [Google]
1456090509045.jpg
189 KB, 1366x710
>>/v/328356751

Some guy on /v/ tried to post an image only to be met with this.
>>
>what is inspect element
I guarantee its fake
>>
>>449832
It was tested by several people, and it's real.
>>
File: 1456090509045.png (108 KB, 1098x552) Image search: [Google]
1456090509045.png
108 KB, 1098x552
>>449832
>>
>>449841
how does it know what the actual image is? if you just changed a couple pixels would it fail to recognize it?
>>
>>449841
>it's real
>>449845
try doing it and see what happens
>>
>>449845
It would indeed fail, it was tested on /v/ by multiple people in a thread, they wrote something on it with paint and it worked.
>>
>>449845
It does. Some in a thread on /pol/ have and then it works. Otherwise it gets flagged.
>>
>>449845
Yep, people are posting modified versions on /v/. It seems just the original file that gives you that.
>>
>>449847
frankly I don't want to get a 'criminal investigation' warning, thanks.
>>
Whats the picture that cant be posted? Cant make it out here >>449841
>>
Like I said on /v/

This is way too perfect for Bethesda:
They leak the game
Now they make mook delete that picture
Now retards that go MUH CENSORSHIP will post it everywhere and do free advertising.

This time we should obey Bethesda and stop posting about the game like they wanted, we all know the game is going to be shit.
>>
>>449850
oh, so essentially it's like the old picfilter on r9k before the bot got turned off the first time

did jlaw threaten to sue after the leaks or something
>>
>>449855
Screenshot from Doom 4 I think.
>>
>>449855
i.imgur.com/XkUJsvZ.jpg

the one i saved they added that text in the middle to post it

i guess it's screenshots from the new doom
>>
Hiro has some explaining to do
>>
>>449856
Todd pls
>>
Someone better contact Hiro on Twitter right now
>>
>>449861
I would have completely forgotten about the game if it wasn't for all the censorship threads now.
>>
>>449859
Is the image from aspects of the game only available to testers who are under contract to not leak any footage? It's bullshit, but if that's the case it's still the law and Bethesda is the prick at fault. Didn't this happen will pokemon XY too?
>>
>>449864
>>449864
Yeah same. Especially with people getting caught in the crossfire and getting banned for not posting the pic . The mods must be getting paid or something since being as dramatic as possible and the spillover to other boards makes this free advertising for the game.
>>
>>449911
Something is going on. If the mods are being paid off then this is serious. We need 4chan to unite against what the mods are doing
>>
File: XkUJsvZ.jpg (130 KB, 639x894) Image search: [Google]
XkUJsvZ.jpg
130 KB, 639x894
test
>>
>>449915
Guessing it's the borders.

Where's the unedited one?
>>
>>449828
>vocabulary words
Kek, as expected of underage /v/irgins
>>
>>449863
This, call him out on this bullshit
>>
please use this magic for the bot spammer on /tv/
>>
So is this legal what Bethesda is doing? Also where is the proof of them asking 4chan to stop posting it?

Seriously I want the hotpockets to show us proof.
>>
Mods have no legal grounds to do this. Neither does Zenimax
>>
FUCK THIS SITE

FUCK THESE MODS

They're completely out of control.
>>
Seriously, we demand an explanation for this
>>
File: not-very-cash-money.jpg (31 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
not-very-cash-money.jpg
31 KB, 500x281
>>449828
this aint cool
>>
>>449828
It means someone filed a DMCA and they probably didn't even read the fucker and just banned the hash like normal. If its wrong, file a counter DMCA, moron.
>>
>>450171
https://www.4chan.org/legal
????
>>
>>450176
Too bad Zenimax had no real DMCA over this.

Also fuck moot for doing that shit to us. I hope Hiro gets rid of it.
>>
>>450178
>Also fuck moot for doing that shit to us.
When you have a site with thousands of people on in a day you'll want SOMETHING to cover your ass legally.
>>
>>450178
moot adding it was a clear sign he had enough of legal troubles and just didn't want to deal with the fappening fallout.
>>
>>450181
And then the fucker just decides to quit a few months later and sell the place. Seriously fuck him.

>>450180
It infringes on everything 4chan is. You don't see other image boards doing this do you? moot just couldn't handle the pressure.
>>
File: 1442987097663.png (868 KB, 2208x2832) Image search: [Google]
1442987097663.png
868 KB, 2208x2832
>mfw all these newfriends ITT think this is a new thing
>>
>>450187
Maybe we should just quit this site so we don't have to deal with this DMCA shit.
>>
>>450184
>And then the fucker just decides to quit a few months later and sell the place. Seriously fuck him.
He it was pretty obvious he wanted to let it go for a while, but wanted to find someone who he thought was atleast suitable.

>It infringes on everything 4chan is
No it doesn't, you retard. 4chan still has to follow the law and can you really blame the fucker for being incapable of handling the pressure when he has been in legal trouble and other shit for years on end? Most people would of quit very, very fucking early on.
>>
>>450190
>He it was pretty obvious he wanted to let it go for a while, but wanted to find someone who he thought was atleast suitable.
He still fucked this site over by doing this. Seriously Hiro could easily just overrule this DMCA shit and get rid of it.

>>450190
And yet cripplechan gets away with it, 420chan gets away with it, hell I think even Reddit gets away with it to. So why do we have to suffer? And I don't care if moot couldn't' handle the pressure. He fucked everyone over to save his sorry ass
>>
What I don't get is that why is that webm footage of the game still allowed and yet that one image got DMCA'd?
>>
>>450187
But the reporting of the user's ip address to the cops.

That's not cool.

Why they want to narc?
>>
How's it feel that this is going to cause more people to leave 4chan? We really are turning into Facebook aren't we?
>>
Why's it say "Jlaw" when the screenshot is apparently a leak of Doom and has nothing to do with the fappening? Is that the standard DMCA message rather than "you can't post this because it's DMCA'd"?
>>
So if someone scribbles on this picture, it doesn't become a parody and fall under fair use laws?
>>
>>449877
That would be a breach of contract between the person capping the image and Bethesda.

Bethesda can attempt to claim DCMA here but DCMA doesn't supersede fair use and derivative works. A discussion ABOUT the new doom being an obvious derivative work.

I doubt Hiro and the mods are willing to spend the time, energy and risk to counter DCMA.

>>450260
You would need to do more than just throw a pepe on it for it, but parody is a defense.
>>
>>450261
So then parody the image. Mods can't do anything about that since it's fair use.

Also fuck these lazy ass mods. This is why Hiro needs to bring in more people.
>>
>>449911

>THE MODS MOST BE BEING PAID OFF

As opposed to just being lazy, incompetent shits who see a DMCA claim and just lazily adding in whatever is asked of them because nobody wants to deal with the effort of making a counter claim and going "fuck off"?

Don't get me wrong, it's unprofessional as fuck and even other chans have the balls to go "if you care that much, go ahead and sue" which makes the people figure it's not worth it and they fuck off. Or they just go "yeah, we'll remove it when we see it, but ya know how it is on imageboards, so we can't make any promises". So, yeah, it does show that the mods/Hiro are lazy fucks who can't be bothered, but that's a whole different issue than claiming they're being paid off when the same kind of thing happens all the time on other sites like YouTube where the site itself is quicker to just do whatever the company says because they can't be bothered dealing with it.
>>
>>450264
We still deserve a response from Hiro. He needs to just clean house
>>
>>450263

>Mods can't do anything about that since it's fair use.

But they can. Mods/Hiro can allow or get rid of whatever content they want since it's a privately owned entity. Same shit happens on Youtube over fair use issues where the site itself decides to have a stricter interpretation of fair use just to be lazy and not have to deal with any sort of DMCA complaints or having to file counter claims. And Youtube is owned by Google, so it's not like people can really monetarily pressure them. It's just pure laziness on the part of other sites to uphold such values so they don't have to hear anything. And if even Google just goes "eh, fuck it, take down whatever the companies want unless they're big channels who will make a stink" you know that fucking 4chan sure isn't gonna have the balls to take a stand. Merely because of the various legal shitstorms in the past and the pure, unparalleled laziness on the part of the moderators/admins.

Not that mods have much of a choice. If it was their choice, they'd probably not even care enough to come out of their IRC circlejerk to bother. This is more of an administration problem of Hiro's or whoever the other admins are working with him.
>>
Holy shit, that's a bit scary. I wonder if the same thing is going to happen with anime screencaps, considering the stuff that's been going down on Twitter lately. Basically popular accounts that post anime screencaps have just been getting nailed with DMCA notifications and thus bans. Proof: https://twitter.com/herkzzz/status/695811945753018368

I always thought the anti-anime people had no ground to stand on, but if there's one thing that could actually kill anime on 4chan, it's this.
>>
>>450267
It's no wonder again that we are a laughing stock. People call us cuckchan for a reason.
>>
>>450271

But people still posted it in this thread. So, it doesn't really do jack shit and odds are the company is just threatening legal issues to scare you since odds are they wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court if they tried to sue you over a fucking screencap of a video game. They'd pay more money for lawyers than they'd ever get from you.

And it's not like 4chan is "cuckchan". It's just that Hiro bought 4chan to make money. It's literally a business now with the 4chan LLC shit. It's a company and a company seeks to make money. Hiro doesn't give two shits what happens on the site as long as it does not run users off or cut into profits. So, he's gonna do whatever he can to avoid any sort of legal flak if there's even a hint of it. Or he may not know and one of the other people with administrative privileges enacted it because they felt it was best/got told to just do whatever with the DMCA requests by Hiro. Like it or not 4chan is a business. And while it could bring a better reputation to be the site that stands up for users in an age where sites just wanna bend over, I don't know whether or not Hiro's willing to do that. And he probably isn't given he's either gone to court or is going to go to court over whatever happened over on 2ch. I doubt he's very willing to put his own neck out there over a site like 4chan.
>>
>>450271
>People call us cuckchan for a reason.

And what is that reason? Explain if you are so confident.
>>
>>450271
>People call us cuckchan for a reason.
>implying the opinion of 8gaggers who just wanted to wage a twitter activist war mean fucking anything
>>
>Your IP has been documented for purposes of criminal investigation
Surely at least that part is fake.
>>
File: Jesus_Christ.png (15 KB, 768x235) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Christ.png
15 KB, 768x235
>Try posting image once
>Forget to remove before replying again
>This happens
>>
>>450289
I don't think so. This is one of the most legitimately frightening things to happen on 4chan.
>>
>>449999
>>450263
Posting is a privilege. Though I don't know why the focus is on mods, it's probable that only the head mod and Hiro have the ability to implement this.

>>449935
That's never been 4chan policy. This error is common on /a/ with manga.

>>450195
They wouldn't want that webm footage either, but DMCAs are for specific content. 4chan has no system to detect specific webms AFAIK, it does for images.

>>450282
The irony is that 8ch has a very similar DMCA policy.

>>450332
Something that's been happening for years is suddenly frightening because you noticed it?
>>
>>450339
>Something that's been happening for years is suddenly frightening because you noticed it?

Yes. Similar premise to ghosts and aliens. They're there, you don't realize it, then you find out and everything becomes a whole lot scarier.
>>
>>450339
>Ch-check your posting privilege shitlords
>>
>>450346
They are privileged to die at my feet.
>>
>>450175
Why? One image isn't worth the effort and the possibility of going to court. Especially when just complying will make it explode even worse with lax enforcement like it has been.
>>
>>450187
This, I myself have several images that look normal and had complaints about several filters like hidden rar etc.(which it could not have because I created the fucker in mspaint myself)
>>
>>450193
You need to make itless obvious that you are a 8fagging kid trying to stir up drama.
>>
>>450193
>And I don't care if moot couldn't' handle the pressure. He fucked everyone over to save his sorry ass
That's cool that you don't care, anon! But does that mean you are willing to pay the thousands of dollars in lawyer fees and thousands of dollars in other thing for moot? What's that? You aren't willing to pay all that money? Then shut the fuck up. I don't agree with the change myself, but it was one long since expected, just as the site being sold was. In-fact, it has been for about a decade that most people thought moot would just simply shut it down. No normal person would of put up with the amount of shit moot did and the amount of money that he threw at the site for as long as he did.

Go 8fag in your shitty site.
>>
File: TopGun1.jpg (766 KB, 3072x2008) Image search: [Google]
TopGun1.jpg
766 KB, 3072x2008
How long until Scientology finds out they can sue 4chan into oblivion for that Chantology shit?
>>
>>450273
Might as well just turn this place into Facebook or Reddit then.
>>
>>450273
And you also summed up why 4chan is dying and why nothing will ever improve on here.
>>
>>449915
MOODDDDSSSSS
>>
File: 0941.png (560 KB, 615x863) Image search: [Google]
0941.png
560 KB, 615x863
>>450261
what if you put a banana on it
>>
>>449828
Only the first part of that message is legit

Now go back to eight gag
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.