[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blacklisted Words
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8
File: bleach.png (11 KB, 309x274) Image search: [Google]
bleach.png
11 KB, 309x274
So, is there a comprehensive list of banned words? Certain key words that you aren't allowed to post. I remember hands free fapping used to be a great one, but it's since been removed.

>inb4 mod rage
>>
I don't know. But I was autobanned once. Don't even know what I typed that was autobannable.
>>
>>449295
This used to piss me the fuck off back then. It was so infuriating being autobanned with absolutely no clue what I typed to trigger it. I'm glad that now it will tell me when I'm posting a banned phrase without banning me, but at the same time it's pretty annoying having to re-word a post without knowing exactly what I typed that was flagged as spam.
>>
>>449295

Anontalk used to be an auto-ban up until a few months or maybe a year ago.
>>
"Check em" used to be caught as spam, don't remember when they removed that. Not a ban though, luckily, since I accidentally used those all the time.
>>
>>449292
I had thought that some words caused a thread to instant-autosage if they were typed in a thread too.
>>
>>449495
I'm pretty sure some still do this. At least the word pony would make threads autosage on /b/ back before /mlp/
>>
you can't post he11o rato due to that spam image

l instead of 1
>>
having a publicly available list would defeat the purpose of having a list.
>>
>>449587
But some of those words are ancient and aren't even spammed anymore. When was the last time you thought of the girl in the OP before this thread?
>>
>>449593
she still gets posted occasionally in suicidegirl threads on /s/, although no one talks about her (probably because of the filter).

some of the stuff probably could be eliminated from the list. i know they got rid of some stuff when /q/ was around.
>>
>>449559
Is this actually an issue? I've seen it on /tv/ maybe three or four times. Where/when did people spam it?
>>
>>449323
Haha, you're pretty cute.
>>
Is dsfargeg still autobanned on /b/?
>>
>>449603
>if I didn't personally see it then it didn't exist

millennials everyone
>>
you know the pic of a comfy dog telling you to sleep tight?

yeah i can't post that because it's spam now
>>
>>449637
Post "sleep snug smug" instead. Much better image.
>>
>>449635
You are a millennial too tho.
>>
>>449612
Why don't you try it and see?
>>
Go back to, Reddit is banned now
>>
>>449635
Whom are you quoting
>>
>>449292
>>>/v/328356751
>>
>>449603
headphone general had it in every single thread, atleast 10 people responded each time
>>
>>449761
as well as Hello

Reddit
>>
>>449831
HeIIo Reddit
>>
>>449831
so is literally [using this word improperly of course] reddit
>>
>>449827
Just got deleted. The goyim know, shut it down!
>>
>>449292

>tfw wordfilters are basically non-existent now

I miss teaching people how to 7.
>>
what the fuck
>>
>>449479
i think if you name an image doubles it autobanned
>>
>>449292
m u l t i b o t t l e r o c k e t
Used to be one
>>
File: dubz.gif (868 KB, 330x223) Image search: [Google]
dubz.gif
868 KB, 330x223
>>449869
guess I'm safe
>>
reddit was for a long time.
>>
File: stay comfy.jpg (53 KB, 851x366) Image search: [Google]
stay comfy.jpg
53 KB, 851x366
>>449637
Still too soon, m8.
>>
>>449894
Stay comfy in the clouds Pupper
>>
>>449844
baka desu senpai
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-21-15-17-14.png (159 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-21-15-17-14.png
159 KB, 1080x1920
Having "faggot" as your tripcode pass flags your post as an "upload failed" or "spam" error.
>>
>>449905
>>>/a/
:^)
>>
>>449926
You are not allowed to set your name to 'sage'.
>>
>>449927
Newfag
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>449939
I thought the smiley would make it obvious that I wasn't being serious and knew about those filters, but I guess not.
>>
>>449936
Lame
>>
>>449944
- .... .. ... / - -... .... / ..-. .- --
>>
>>449926
because ##faggot is moot's tripcode
>>
>>449978
but ##faggot is not the same thing as #faggot
Also, #faggot and ##faggot were both allowed not even 3 years ago.
>>
Reddit is considered spam on /vg/ and /g/ i think
>>
You can't say "l i t e r a l l y reddit" anymore
ie lingo for cancerous fanbase but mods can't figure that out

This is since really recently btw
>>
>>450003
Literrally Pleddit
>>
>>450003
Ritelarry Leddit
>>
>>450003
Literally Pleddit
>>
>>450003
L iterally Reddit
Li terally Reddit
Lit erally Reddit
Lite rally Reddit
Liter ally Reddit
Litera lly Reddit
Literal ly Reddit
Literall y Reddit
Literally R eddit
Literally Re ddit
Literally Red dit
Literally Redd it
Literally Reddi t
L iterally Reddit
Li terally Reddit
Lit erally Reddit
Lite rally Reddit
Liter ally Reddit
Litera lly Reddit
Literal ly Reddit
Literall y Reddit
Literally R eddit
Literally Re ddit
Literally Red dit
Literally Redd it
Literally Reddi t
L iterally Reddit
Li terally Reddit
Lit erally Reddit
Lite rally Reddit
Liter ally Reddit
Litera lly Reddit
Literal ly Reddit
Literall y Reddit
Literally R eddit
Literally Re ddit
Literally Red dit
Literally Redd it
Literally Reddi t
>>
>>450057
kek'd
>>
>>449323
Same

Very irritating
>>
>>449761
>>449831
>>450003
If this is legit, this is very nice change.
>>
>>450003
I like how you say "mods can't figure that out" like it's some mystery only a select few can decode. Ever considered that sometimes your lingo is annoying as fuck and people are tired of it being spammed literally everywhere for everything?
>>
>>449993
He's wrong, #faggot is the one that is moot's tripcode.
>>
>>449894
Stay comfy in the clouds Pupper ;_;7
>>
"8 chan" (with no space) is spam-filtered.
>>
>>450003
Literally le Reddit
>>
>>451245
Huh. Why don't people just say 8 chan instead of 8gag?
>>
File: Doubles.jpg (42 KB, 530x322) Image search: [Google]
Doubles.jpg
42 KB, 530x322
>>449869
Teste
>>
>>451267
On a scale of 1 to 10, how banned do you feel?
>>
Is korean followed by the abbreviation for girlfriend still autoban? I assume it must still since the site owner is a jap now.
>>
>>451260
Because le ebin shitpostpoints.
A lot of other chans are also spam-filtered, though
>>
N1ce circlejerk

That fake strawpoll thats actually a screamer
>>
>>451391
Wrong thread?
>>
>>451393
Oh I forgot

'N1ce circlejerk' is filtered

also Strawpoll with i's instead of l
>>
>>451403
Oh. God dammit you were answering the question.

Sorry, I thought... Nevermind. Please continue to be a good person and forget about me.
>>
>>451260
Because no one wants to give them the honor of calling 8Gag that.

It's a known fact they shill here constantly for their site. Also they have much more shadier things than we do. From giving a paranoid schizophrenic $12K to build a new site, to having an admin cripple who is more incompetent than moot was, to selling the site to Jim Wilkins, a man more corrupt than Hiro. Apparently he stole 2Channel from Hiro, stole credit card info and sold it to people, and then blamed it all on Hiro.
>>
>>451444
You're getting your shit mixed up. Hiro was the one who sold credit card info and info in general. Jim was the host and took over the site after what hiro did.
>>
"ANYTHING.on.nimp.
org" is still blocked (even though only newfags fall for it).
"4ch
on" is still also blocked, though the site has been off for like two years.
"8c
han" and "Master
chan" are both blocked because they spammed 4chan with "hurr durr mods sjw" conspiracy shit.
"Go back to
Reddit" and "Hello
Reddit" are also blocked, but mods can't understand that filtering the word reddit doesn't work. They have to ban both redditors and shitposters.
There are many "invisible chars" that are also blocked. Emojis were also blocked.
>>
>>451585
Are there any links to Last Measure that have been blocked?
>>
>>449936
>you'll never "sage goes in all fields" again
sadfrog.tiff
>>
>>451585
>hurr durr the new mods aren't literally sjw
>>>/tumblr/
>>
What ever happened to 7chan? I never see anyone talk about that one anymore. It's always 8. I don't remember any particular drama about 7chan though. Did something happen to it?
>>
>>451468
No, he's right. Jim's a shitlord who tried to drag Hiro's reputation through the mud by lying about a bunch of shit. We saw the proof of this from Hiro.

People on 4chan are just dumb and eager to believe all sorts of conspiracy theories because they liked Moot too much and thought he was the only thing holding the site together even though he did barely any of the work. It's the mods who actually do stuff for us.
>>
>>449894
Stay comfy in the clouds Pupper
>>
>>451627
>drinking hiroshima's koolaid instead of caring about fact
Lmao
>>
>>451618
It's simple, nobody uses it anymore. It tried too hard to be the new 4chan, and you know it. They spammed us multiple times, they blamed us for their raids multiple times, they tried to defame and dox moot multiple times. Don't you remember "nigger tits"?
8gag is doing the same thing 7chan did. I give it two or three more years before it dies.

>>451468
Don't you think it's pretty weird that Jim didn't know about the supposed botnet? As you said, he was the host. He had access to every file on 2ch.
If the data mining conspiracy shit was real, then Jim is also involved.
>>
>>451693
>>451618
That reminds me.

I find it extremely bizarre that the word /ss/ has entered into the common vernacular now that nobody remembers anything about 7chan.

Like, that's its legacy.
>>
This is just embarrassing, 4chan is worse than tumblr. Wordfilters and autobans... let's face it, this site must be run by some of most sensitive and autistic people on the planet.
>>
>>451710
We have wordfilters since 2004.
>>
>>451693
>Don't you think it's pretty weird that Jim didn't know about the supposed botnet?
Yes, which is why jim is at least no more trustworthy than hiro. Doesn't exonerate hiro in any way. What hiro did is known and acknowledged by everyone but him, and he then went on to do what he did to 4chan, which makes him look all the more guilty.
>>
Hiro is not in charge. The mods are.
>>
>>451710
Hello, newfriend.
>>
>>451273
korean gf
>>
>>451710
By that logic, we also shouldn't have any rules. Users should be allowed to do literally anything on the site.
>m-muh rights!
>m-muh freedoms on the interw3bs!
As a big faggot once said, 4chan is a privilege, not a right. It's a dictatorship, not a democracy.
>>
>>451710
no, tumblr is still de facto worse.

blocking people is a necessary part of its design, however. but its design is shit.
>>
>>452044
>de facto worse.

I suspect you don't know what de facto means and just wanted to sound smart.
>>
>>452048
That is lorem ipsum the right usage of the term though.
>>
File: the smuggest.gif (2 MB, 269x321) Image search: [Google]
the smuggest.gif
2 MB, 269x321
>>452323
>>
>>452044
No wordfilters on tumblr
No words that will get you automatically banned on tumblr
No forced flags on tumblr

I wonder if there even is another site as big as 4chan that has these fucking things. I don't think there is.
>>
>>450003
>that incident on /v/ where people got three-day bans for "inciting Reddit boogeyman"
>Reddit has taken over the site

You also can't use the word tumblrina last I checked (though if this post goes through then I'm wrong).
>>
>>452605
Huh, guess it's fine to use. I know there are some tumblr-related filters that I've triggered before though.
>>
Was todd the girl who drank bleach because her underaged nudes got put everywhere?
>>
File: piccolo2.png (618 B, 191x222) Image search: [Google]
piccolo2.png
618 B, 191x222
>>452715
I wonder if piccalo dick still bans.
>>
>>452715
Yeah.
>>
>>452716
Thanks, doc.

Why isn't "thanks doc" blacklisted?
>>
>>451691
I bet you don't even know the origin of drinking koolaid.
>>
v
o
l
a
file gets blocked
>>
>>452861
vola

I definitely understand why. I'd rather have the pedos use a little bit of imagination too.
>>
>>452862
Wtf is that? I see it on /b/ on the rare occasions I saunter over.
>>
File: pervert.png (646 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
pervert.png
646 KB, 800x900
>>452914
Basically in the same vein as pic related. People posted pictures of sinks (with Vola being a popular choice) that actually contained cp.
>>
>>452937
a...all those sinks weren't for lulz?
Oh man, that's so fucked up.
I honestly thought it was anons being cheeky. Fucking shit.
How do I know if I have embedded files?
I want to scan my 4chan folder now.
>>
>>452991
>How do I know if I have embedded files?
>I want to scan my 4chan folder now.
My power level isn't high enough to know that, sorry. You could try /g/, I suppose.
>>
>>452995
Ok, thanks anon
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.