[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remove the time limits on the ability to delete your own threads.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Remove the time limits on the ability to delete your own threads.

That is all.
>>
As long as /qa/ exists it will not be removed. If you don't know why learn some history.
>>
As long as /qa/ exists it will too be removed. If you don't know why learn some history.
>>
>>446575
If you're going to copy me the least you could do is word it correctly.
>>
>>446578
If you're going to mad me the least you could do is word it correctly.
>>
>Error: You cannot delete posts this often.

Case and point.
>>
>>446585
Since you're clearly retarded i'm going to show some pity and just tell you why.

Years ago back before you were born on a magical board called /q/ people were deleting their own threads so they could then try and claim it was the mods doing in hopes of starting shit

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
>>
>>446588
Since you're clearly retarded i'm going to show some pity and just tell you why.

Years ago back before you were born on a magical board called /b/ people were deleting their own threads and no 1 cared and no 1 took the internet seriously

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
>>
>>446543
>learn some history
>>446578
>word it correctly
>>446588
>you're clearly retarded

Yeah, this conversation is going places.
>>
>>446592
I like it. You're free to make a new thread if you want to try again.
>>
File: 145578656188.jpg (52 KB, 650x227) Image search: [Google]
145578656188.jpg
52 KB, 650x227
>Error: You have to wait a while before deleting this post
>Error: You cannot delete posts this often.
>Error: You cannot delete this post
>Error: You cannot delete a post this old
>Error: You cannot delete this post because fuck you

Is this shit really necessary?
>>
>>446677
Boo hoo mod reputations. Sasuga tripfags.
Enjoying doing it for free?
>>
>>446678
Well i enjoy getting people banned so yes. Makes me rock hard.
>>
>>446678
About as much as you're enjoying posting.
>>
>>446662
I like it. You're free to make a new post if you want to try again.
>>
File: 1366409902494.jpg (7 KB, 244x207) Image search: [Google]
1366409902494.jpg
7 KB, 244x207
>>446674
>>Error: You have to wait a while before deleting this post
>>Error: You cannot delete posts this often.
>>Error: You cannot delete this post
>>Error: You cannot delete a post this old
>>Error: You cannot delete this post because fuck you
>
>
>Is this shit really necessary?

No.
>>
It wasn't necessary before and it's not necessary now.
>>
>>446729
?
>>
>>446677
>As long as people are willing to delete their own threads then blame the mods yes it is.

As long as fucking new faggots who invaded and take the internet seriously give a fuck no it isn't.
>>
>>446732
?
>>
It was irritating on /vg/
>>
File: 1388450975508.jpg (55 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1388450975508.jpg
55 KB, 500x354
I've made threads before that just got totally off topic and out of control way after the time limit for deletion with gamergate tier bitching and name calling. I knew the mods would get around to deleting in an hour or so but wouldn't the site be better if I could do it myself? Just an people who delete threads and then claim it was the mods in order to start shit. It can't be such a big problem that we can't be trusted with even a little self moderation.
>>
>>446826
>It was irritating on /vg/

It is irritating everywhere.
>>
File: this.jpg (6 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
6 KB, 300x300
>>446997
>I've made threads before that just got totally off topic and out of control way after the time limit for deletion with gamergate tier bitching and name calling. I knew the mods would get around to deleting in an hour or so but wouldn't the site be better if I could do it myself? Just an people who delete threads and then claim it was the mods in order to start shit. It can't be such a big problem that we can't be trusted with even a little self moderation.

^This.

I know. That's exactly how I feel. The worst is where you have a situation where the mod will delete it, or posts in your thread, or ban you for no reason like "ban evasion" with no evidence or way to appeal it; after forcing you to stay in your thread and originally damning you to not be able to delete it. Don't you think users who make the thread should be able to delete their own thread before mods bitch about or "criticize" something that they themselves put out of users control? Seriously.
>>
The main reason I want this is probably because I don't like my thread going off-topic and out of control with endless flame wars and shitposting etc. and would rather just delete my own thread than waste my time and everyone's time with that.

If anything everyone who ever deleted their threads and claimed mods did it to start shit won because now they can just freely start shit in threads that can never be deleted anyway.

I'd become a "troll" or whatever and "enjoy" everyone getting "mad" or something. But it's stupid. It's boring. It's more fun to have meaningful discussion and actually talk about something or even do something productive and interesting; rather than shitpost for no reason all the time. Unjustly shitposting for the sake of shitposting.

They're quick to not listen to users, change rules, and pander to trolls. They're slow to listen to users, not change rules, and not care about trolls.

That's sad.
>>
If people deleting threads is a problem because "people might say mean things about mods ;_;" then why not just keep a visible registry of deleted threads, or even just a simple database of post IDs.

If a thread 404s for any reason give that post an identifier for why. If it's deleted for being Off Topic, then add that. If the user deletes it, add that. Then nobody could spread disinformation, and somebody accidentally making a thread on the wrong board or something wouldn't eat a ban.

At the very least if nobody has replied to a thread you should be able to delete it.
>>
>make a thread
>it goes off topic
>get banned for "Starting a Flame War"

fuck the mods
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.