[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ban anyone who posts frogshit outside of /r9k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: hide frog threads.png (144 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
hide frog threads.png
144 KB, 1305x892
/r9k/ is supposed to be a containment board for a reason.

We're all fucking sick of these underage memespouting autists.
>>
>>445630
That doesn't sound logistically feasible without doubling or tripling the number of mods on duty at any given time.

I don't think you've thought this through very well.
>>
>>445635

I like it, fighting the retarded /q/ posting with logic. 10/10
>>
>>445630
Let's face it, some people on 4chan don't know how to express themselves without memes.
>>
>>445638
Exactly. Autists.
>>
>>445630
Add whatever Frogpost Mark 2 is called, the angular guy gesturing in front o his face, and you have my vote.

To be fair, though, frogposts usually get deleted and (presumably) the poster banned if a mod sees it.
>>
>>445635
Not necessarily. Frogshit gets cracked down on quite a bit as >>445649 mentioned. Except on shitty boards like /tv/, but that's always been a shitty board to begin with.
>>
You can tell the sad cunts who live here and don't have a job. They don't do anything so their whole vocabulary is just 4chan memes. They really need to belong to 4chan because nowhere else would have them. I'd imagine they regard themselves as "true" 4chan too, because obviously they aren't going to see themselves as just losers who won't leave well enough alone.
>>
>>445630
>containment board

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>445652
You first faggot.
>>
File: 1454199192881.gif (29 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454199192881.gif
29 KB, 557x605
>>445649
Are you describing pacha?
Give it like another few weeks at least. I don't even think reddit has found this one yet and ruined it.
You may not like it but it was born on 4chan and deserves to live out its lifespan as a meme before being ravaged and picked clean of any value by the content aggregators.
>>
File: smug 4.jpg (73 KB, 603x700) Image search: [Google]
smug 4.jpg
73 KB, 603x700
>>445769

I'm not the one that sees people posting pepe the frog on fucking 4chan and going MUH CONTAINMENT BOARDS MUH MEMESPOUTERS
>>
>>445789
Sounds like you need to fuck off back to /r9k/.
>>
>>445771
>I don't even think reddit has found this one yet

You could not be more mistaken.
>>
/r9k/ isn't a containment board. /r9k/ was a normal boards until a group of /b/tards had a mass exodus to /r9k/ because they felt like they were better than the average /b/tard
>>
>>445630
>>445650
It's just not possible. It's like saying "ban anime reaction images outside of /a/". There just aren't enough active staff to undertake that kind of task.

>>446375
Yes it is.
>>
>>445650
I started "dumb frogposter" on /tv/ and report all frog threads. All mods have to do is delete the thread and ban the OP, but they rarely do.
>>
>>446526
You should do the same against smug anime girls, call them "dumb animeposters".
>>
>>446544
I don't really care about that and I only browse /tv/ and check out /qa/ sometimes. Animeposting isn't a problem on /tv/, but frog spammers are.

The fact I've reported hundreds of threads (with only about 1/10 deleted) and said "dumb frogposter" about a 1000 times shows the mods aren't at home since I've never been warned/banned for spamming that or for filing false reports.

It kind of saddens me that I started it on /tv/ and it spread elsewhere but /tv/ still has frog spam and mods don't care. At least other places had mods come down on frog spam, it's a small comfort but I don't receive it.

Lastly, anime is still television in a way, it's just a Japanese genre of it. Frogs are completely unrelated to /tv/, and TV/film naturally lends itself to good reaction images, so it's even worse to lack appropriate images there.
>>
>>445638
Young or new people
>>
>>446556
>Animeposting isn't a problem on /tv/,
I'd say that it's a minor problem. The anime-fans have their own board, yet they still feel the need to come to /tv/ and create threads about Evangelion and DBZ. They should do that in /a/.
>>
>>446562
but they can't
>>
>>446562
I don't really care about entry level /co/ and /a/ material on /tv/. /tv/ is definitely a more broad category than /co/ or /a/.

Many people grew up on DBZ not even knowing it belonged to some arbitrary category called anime, it was just DBZ, it wasn't seen as foreign in any way.
>>
File: 1437716618845.jpg (48 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
1437716618845.jpg
48 KB, 411x387
When you say frogposting, do you Pepe reaction images in general like pic related, or do you mean the

>its a ____ episode

>jerking off
>dads opens door

kind of threads?
>>
>>446604
dumb frogposter
>>
>>446556

you need a hobby.
>>
>>446604
I consider the latter generally /tv/posting.
>>
>>446582
But why even have an anime board if they don't post there?
>>
>>446556
How do you feel about other /tv/-issues, such as:
- the spamming of Youtube-reviewers
- the spamming of Star wars threads
>>
>>446839
My understanding is, they disallow such threads (to a certain extent), so it's more the fault of the mods and not the users and I can't blame the latter. Especially if the /tv/ mods don't remove it. I'm indifferent to its presence.
>>446867
Youtube reviewers and figures are trash, but people are autistic for them, so maybe they should get their own board. I wouldn't mind this >>440342

As for Star Wars, it's completely understandable. It's a juggernaut of a film. Again though, the mods weren't at home. A general (or even a few) could've been made to handle discussion. People frequently made the same exact thread (and they weren't trying to meme spam) while another was already up.

/tv/'s biggest problem is the mods pretty much abandoning it. The board's large enough that users can't really self-regulate their culture, since there's dozens of ban evaders who regularly spam their chosen shtick. And since the mods don't care, why should regular users care? And so that atmosphere festers.
>>
File: 1450700020305.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1450700020305.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>445630
That's exclusionary speech. 4chan needs to be an inclusive site where anyone can feel safe posting any meme the want. This is our safe space and must be protected
>>
>>445830
Fuck, that was a good insult.
>>
>>447381
*applies Head-On directly to the forehead*
>>
>>447366
The Youtube reviewer-threads are often being babysat by janitors. If you had tried to post "dumb youtuber" in all those threads, then your posts would have been deleted right away.

I don't think that the mods have abandoned /tv/ completely, it's just that they're doing a half-assed job. They crack down on some stuff, but completely ignore other things.

They banned the Game of thrones-generals during off-season, but they allow the Doctor Who-generals during off-season. That's just inconsistent and un-fair moderation.
>>
>>447801
There's not even going to be any new Doctor Who in 2016.
Why are the endless generals still allowed?
>>
>>447813
mod probably like doctor who and think got is shit
>>
>>447801
>>447827
>>447813
To be entirely fair, not only is Doctor Who great but there is a LOT to discuss about the show. It has literally hundreds of episodes. It is practically impossible for discussion to run dry. Not so much with GoT.
>>
>>447369
Glorious, now we need to convince everyone that lolis are meme and we can have /l/ back. Absolutely brilliant.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.