[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, I'm starting to feel that bronies are "better"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: Otaku-dakimakura.jpg (76 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
Otaku-dakimakura.jpg
76 KB, 639x480
You know, I'm starting to feel that bronies are "better" than weebs. They are more self-aware and not as annoying as the weebs.
They seem a lot happier too, just visit /mlp/ and then /a/ and see for yourself. /a/ is filled with hate and I don't get the feeling that they even like anime. It's all about maintaining a facade of elitism.
/mlp/ is a far happier place, sure they are autistic, but they actually have fun.

By the way, if 4chan was founded today by a 15 year old kid, then the first board would very likely have been /mlp/. After all, anime is dying.
>>
okay dude.
>>
File: 1192172028215.jpg (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1192172028215.jpg
148 KB, 640x480
>>445576
That's like choosing between a shit sandwich and shit casserole.
>>
lol
OP has obviously figured out it's a brony behind all the angst about anime, so he's jumping in to stir the pot
>>
>>445587
No, the bronies are not behind that. They are "secure in their own autism" so to speak, and they don't feel the need to attack other fandoms, like weebs do all the time.
>>
>>445592
>they

How do you know so much about bronies that you can speak for all of them?
>>
>>445599
It's just the impression I get, I could be wrong of course.
>>
>>445576
4chan has weebs but you wouldn't know it.
>>
Does anybody have that video of that furry doing a speech at a con where he tells them all that "people hate us because back in the early days of the internet their first impressions of us were shit. We have to make sure we act less shitty if we want people to accept us."

Furries can look at what they're doing and accept that they've done wrong. Weebs will blame everyone else for their problems until they're blue in the face.
>>
>>445587
THIS! THIS!

ONLY BRONIES HATE ANIME. IF YOU HATE ANIME YOU ARE A BRONY!
>>
File: 1429996248946.png (210 KB, 935x800) Image search: [Google]
1429996248946.png
210 KB, 935x800
I am legitimately unconvinced that everyone on 4chan isn't a weeb to some extent. I'm a newfag, post only on the most normalfag infested boards, and can't stand /a/ because of all the roleplaying and shitposting, and yet my 3 years of posting on this website have influenced me into buying two figmas, saving tonnes of anime reaction images and downloading (currently) 60gb of anime.
>>
>>445671
Most people on 4chan I believe are the same way.
Anime has been around for decades and enjoys quite a bit of mainstream support. I'm friends with guys who are tatted up bikers, who loved Ninja Scroll, for example.
It's foreign and exotic and so thus attracts interest from westerners on that alone.

The one or two guys who can't stop spitting "weeb!" are part of obsessive western fandoms who desperately wish they had the cultural clout and claims to normalcy that anime does. They try to play up the fanaticism of anime fans because they themselves are obsessive fans who can't see the forest for the trees.
>>
>>445671
>>445677
The two smartest responses I heard all day from anyone.
>>
>>445768
It's because they're total bullshit.

The first poster was always a weeb before he found 4chan or else he wouldn't be downloading 60 gb of anime right now and the second doesn't get that the bikers he mentions don't see a difference between Ninja Scroll and King of the Hill in that they're both cartoons.
>>
Weebs practically do not exist. Virtually every single time someone is called a weeb, they are not actually a weeb. When people talk about all the weebs they've seen, they are almost never talking about weebs.
>>
>>445828
t.a weeb
>>
>>445671
Figmas of which characters? This is important.
>>
>>445576
>I'm starting to feel that bronies are "better" than weebs
You couldn't be anymore wrong.
Those who identify as 'bronies' are infinity retarded and lack self-awareness.
You are thinking of /mlp/'s ponyfags, they are more self-aware because they received an un-quantifiable amount of hatred from everyone. That's why they adopted power-level hiding from /a/.
Anyways, this subject doesn't worth making this thread.
>>
You know what's awful? Touhou fans. Saying this as the biggest Touhou fan on the board. Years later, there are STILL people who obnoxiously try and shove Touhou down everyone's throat. Just, shut the fuck up. Anyone with the taste to actually appreciate the Touhou games with their cute girls in amusing hats and their awesome gameplay and music WILL FIND THEM ON THEIR OWN. All you're doing is making outsiders more snobbish.

Seriously, I didn't think I'd still be saying this. It is like they have not aged mentally for the past ten years.
>>
>>445893
Maybe you're right. I've never actually seen a brony outside of 4chan, all I know about the fandom comes from this site.
Just saying that /mlp/ seems like a far happier place compared to /a/.
>>
>>445902
Vocaloid fans and their nonsense are often overlooked entirely. They are seriously awful at times.
>>
File: Fuck V.png (67 KB, 2083x454) Image search: [Google]
Fuck V.png
67 KB, 2083x454
You do realize liking Anime and Manga does not make you a weeb no matter how much /v/ says so.
You can utterly despise Japan and like Anime you know.
>>
>>446282
>You can utterly despise Japan and like Anime you know.
Yeah, but that sounds very unlikely.
>>
>>445893
>You are thinking of /mlp/'s ponyfags, they are more self-aware

Kek. Like everything, they are just following the crowd.
>>
>>446282
The word weeb is just used as a general insult against animefans.
>>
>>446106
Both /mlp/ and /a/ despise the worst elements of their hobbies. /a/ hates weebs and /mlp/ hates bronies.

>>446282
>You do realize liking Anime and Manga does not make you a weeb no matter how much /v/ says so.
Most of them are Nintendrones though. Check any Vita thread or other anime related game and you'll see less shitposting. The Nintendrones are the biggest shitposters on /v/
>>
>>446358
Nintendrones and PCucks fuck up every exclusive thread.
Shit's fucked
>>
>>445576
>/mlp/ actually has fun
Don't you know OP? No fun is allowed on /mlp/. Only endless shitposting and baiting.
>>
>>445576
>/mlp/ is a "happy" place
>bronies aren't so bad
>basically says "come on everyone can be a brony" by saying moot would have been one
> of course plugs "anime is dying" because wants to try to make his foe look weaker and also redirect attention from the clear fact the MLP fandom has been dying for a while

Gee I wonder who could be behind this post. Seriously bronies must be at least some of the source of all this shitposting about anime lately. Maybe some bored trolls too, but I would not be surprised that lurking bronies would be the ones autistic enough to take up such a direction, of course not realizing they're being unwitting partners in some obvious trolling shit.

I would speculate bronies jump on board with this because they must be happy to redirect the heat they were feeling on /qa/ all those months before Hiro's QA (that was what much of this board was about for a time, bitching about/arguing with bronies) towards something that isn't themselves. Hence they think encouraging the farce helps make them look better by proxy.

Protip, it doesn't. /mlp/ is literally a fanfic/slashfic atomic autism explosion; if people took a look and realized literally their entire fucking board is /trash/ material to any other board's standards, they would not be surprised at their trying to deflect the site felt towards them towards something else. Lastly as has been pointed out most boards don't give much of a shit about this to begin with. It's a completely forced, artificial shitstorm microcosm here on /qa/ and anyone who actually uses 4chan outside of /qa/ can plainly see that.
>>
File: 1455783540147.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1455783540147.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
OP is a brony faggot
>>
>>446529
Bronies:
>We understand that some people hate us.

Weebs:
>Nobody hates us, we're perfect! People who say they don't like us are just trolls and bronies!
>>
>>446650
Dumb weeaboo
>>
>>446842
t. brony
>>
>>446849
t. Westacuck
>>
>>445576
>t. Brony
>>
>>446650
Isn't that a humanized pony?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.