[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people shitpost about reddit or tumblr whenever they see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1454221539279.png (259 KB, 358x339) Image search: [Google]
1454221539279.png
259 KB, 358x339
Why do people shitpost about reddit or tumblr whenever they see something they don't like? I'm sick of seeing potentially good threads get absolutely derailed because some anon calls another a redditor.
>>
>>444912
I think it's ironic that people do this when facebook and twitter are just as likely if not more responsible for outside influence as reddit and tumblr are.
>>
The fact that you think people call you a redditor because they just don't like you and are big mean dummies proves you are from reddit.

You're just going to have to accept that we can all tell and you will never know why it is so obvious to everyone but you.
>>
>>444912
Everyone needs a boogeyman. It's simple.
>>
>>444912

heIlo reddit! how's it going?
>>
>>444914
I'm not even talking about me. It was another anon's post being shitposted about that caused me to make this thread.

I'm talking about some anon seeing a post he doesn't particularly like and spouting this stupid fucking reddit boogeyman meme. It's retarded. I don't give a shit about reddit one way or the other, but shitposting and randomly calling anons redditors or tumblrinas with no context or evidence is fucking retarded and adds absolutely nothing to 4chan as a whole. There's a reason mods started banning faggots who pull this shit. Because it's shitposting.

Now, something like some anon posting some shit from /r/4chan? Yeah, I totally get why that would trigger anons and I absolutely condone shitting on him for something like that. But using the gb2reddit meme because you don't like a particular image, or you don't like someone's opinion, is absolutely pathetic.
>>
File: 1444667206986.jpg (16 KB, 336x405) Image search: [Google]
1444667206986.jpg
16 KB, 336x405
>>444912
Everyone needs someone to fight
Some "other" if you will
This other is how we see ourselves as the good guys, because only an edgelord would admit to actively being the villain. We seek to be with like minded individuals who aren't the other and don't like the other, so when we see someone who doesn't follow our opinion we are dissatisfied. This dissatisfaction can vary in intensity and come in many forms, however those who are more passionate about the subject matter will speak their mind. Which results in the original topic being buried because hatred breeds hatred. Regardless if it's /pol/, tumblr, reddit, neogaf, Australians, or any other group, there will be people who support and side against said group. The root of the problem mentioned in the OP is projection of their ideals and prejudices onto an entire idea, ignoring that many can have the same idea or opinion, but come from different backgrounds.
Or it could just be shitposters having a giggle, which I do constantly, even for things I like sometimes.
>>
>>444919
>I don't give a shit about reddit one way or the other, but shitposting and randomly calling anons redditors or tumblrinas with no context or evidence is fucking retarded and adds absolutely nothing to 4chan as a whole.

people have been calling eachother names for the past 10 years on this board. just exactly how new ARE you?

you seriously think 'reddit' won't be replaced with another stupid ass name? jesus christ you can't suggest website changes if you don't even know what the website is about
>>
File: beifong.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
beifong.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>444924
>the past 10 years on this board
>how new ARE you?
>10 years on this board
>>
>>444924
>people have been calling eachother names for the past 10 years on this board. just exactly how new ARE you?

2007fag. Granted I spent a lot of my younger years on /b/, but I branched out to other boards later on. See, there's a difference between calling someone a cock gargling faggot and calling someone reddit. The latter can cause a sort of domino effect, which throws the thread off and turns it into shitpost central, completely burying the original thread's intent.

Reddit has been a thing for quite a long time, friend. Ten years, in fact. It's not going anywhere, and neither will the negative stigma it's attached to. Therefore, it's safe to say that reddit will never stop being used as an insult here on 4chan, even if a new buzzword comes along.
>>
>>444927

'08 here, how could possibly think censorship works on this website? You've been here long enough dude.

Also, not once have I seen the word reddit throw a thread off the rails, unless somebody got super mad at the word and decided to offtopic shitpost about the word itself in that thread.

Ignore it and move on. That's the best way to 'save' those threads.
>>
>>444927
This. Content creators have been at war with content aggregators since reddit was ebaumsworld. It's not going to stop. Not while I'm alive.
>>
>>444912
>When they see something they don't like

There's your answer. They are literally trying to derail your thread. Honestly, you guys letting your thread get derailed are the other half of the problem.
>>
>>444912
Because they like to think everyone on 4chan is exactly like them, so if someone isn't like them they must be an outsider.
>>
>>444912
It's become a very "easy out." People do not want to invest effort in their posts. They want to dismiss all dissenting opinions in the quickest way possible. And that is by playing the blame game, and using a popular boogeyman, calling the poster a shill, an SJW, etc. Anything to not have to engage them in discussion.
>>
>>445235
I think this is funny. People on 4chan whine so much about the concept of safe spaces and yet they're trying to create safe spaces.
>>
>>444921
fuck off with this pseudo psychology bollocks it's because redditors have awful taste, regularly argue about politics and expect 4chan to accommodate for them in the same way their autistic circklejerk does, while using old or out of place 'memes'/terminology in attempts to fit in, without realising they stick out like a sore thumb.

they're disliked because their posts are annoying and autistic, not just "oh you don't like them because tribalism and shit", stop trying to sound profound mate.
>>
>>444914
/thread
>>
"hello r*ddit"posters are usually trash so they make reddit sound pretty good desu
>>
>>444914
this right here

if you don't act like a r*dditor, you wont be told to go back to r*ddit. i've never been told to go back to r*ddit, because I don't post like a redditfag.
>>
>>445250
This.
It's also an easy way to rule people up,since there's no way to prove or disprove it.
>>
>>444914
/thread
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.