[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we just ban all tripfags please? They contribute absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: 3104196_orig1.jpg (14 KB, 311x350) Image search: [Google]
3104196_orig1.jpg
14 KB, 311x350
Can we just ban all tripfags please?

They contribute absolutely nothing to threads besides attention whoring. /mu/ is absolutely unusable thanks to them. There is absolutely no need to use a trip at all unless you're an OP that needs it for a thread and even then just forcing IDs like /biz/ or /pol/ is a much better solution that also combats samefagging at the same time.

Here's a recent example of their 'wonderful' contributions >>>/mu/62582525

Things can only get better if they were removed permanently. If you want a special snowflake persona you can go to literally any other site and do that.
>>
>>444568
inb4 that guy who always posts those "Let's get rid of anonymousposting!" threads on /qa/.
>>
why ban when you can remove the functionality?
>>
>>444584
They are generally terrible posters. But I would be fine with just the removal of the function
>>
>>444568
Anons contribute absolutely nothing too.

In fact, I'd say that a higher percentage of tripfags contribute things than non-tripfags.
>>
Tripcodes are useful in certain situations. There are plenty of threads where you certainly need to be recognized as a certain individual. Some examples are the meeting threads in /o/, judge threads in /tg/ or any CYOA.
But the other uses, such as people in generals in /sp/ is just bullshit. If you really want to stand out, why not going to reddit, where you can get upvotes and set some cool flairs?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>444589
yes but that wont stop terrible posters and it'll get more obnoxious as people will start relying on stuff like avatar posting to get attention.
>>
>>444568
This might blow your mind, but nobody remembers anybody else on reddit unless they're mods or something. Anonymous + the option to have a name makes you more likely to be remembered. The option of Anonymous is what makes tripfags so memorable.
>>
>>444593
t. tripfag
>>
>>444593
[citation needed]
>>
>>444601
Well let's get a citation of
>They contribute absolutely nothing to threads besides attention whoring.
first.
>>
>>444605
see the thread in the OP
>>
>>444607
This might blow your mind but that's not the only thread that has ever existed on 4chan.
>>
>anons are discussing on black and white
See >>444596
>>
>>444608
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/krager/tripcode/!T5l%2FR87Z4g/
>>
>>444605

You haven't been here for long, have you.
>>
File: 1452054432456.jpg (64 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
1452054432456.jpg
64 KB, 600x336
People who are eternally butthurt about tripfags shitpost and derail threads much more frequently than any tripfags ever have.

I think 4chan would improve if hypersensitive fools like OP were permanently removed instead.
>>
>>444621
t. tripfag

>this whole binary discussion
>>
>>444617
https://desustorage.org/qa/search/username/remeranAuthor/page/1/
>>
>>444625
>makes offtopic threads

great contribution

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=+!FmpMXvspA.&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
>>
>>444627
I'm sorry, what exactly is the topic on /qa/? Breaking global rule 6?
>>
>>444629
what does https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/425567/ have to do with /qa/ - questions and answers?
>>
https://desustorage.org/_/search/username/lettuce/

such a quality poster. I'd be sad to see them go :(
>>
>>444632
>What do you do?

It's certainly exactly as on topic as
>Can we just ban all tripfags please?
To which the answer is no. Again.
>>
>>444632
That thread is off topic for /qa/ because it didn't piss everybody off and people had a good time.
>>
>>444636
same with this quality contributer

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=crazyaga&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_res=post
>>
>>444637
except mine is actually a legitimate question contributing to the betterment of the site instead of offtopic shit that belongs on /tg/
>>
>>444641
https://desustorage.org/_/search/text/ban%20tripfags/

And I'm sure it was the first 3000 times too.
>>
>>444648
first time ever posting on /qa/

and the fact that so many threads about it have been posted clearly shows that there is a legitimate problem
>>
>>444650
And one that the mods will never entertain.
>>
>>444650
People have been complaining about tripfags for 10 years now. Did you think your thread was going to tip the scale?
>>
>>444652
>>444656
nope, because the mods obviously don't give a shit about the site and neither does hirohito. Look at the deterioration of /vr/ for example with all the /v/ invaders because there are no mods willing to moderate the board. Or look at /asp/. It was a great board when wrestling was only contained to one general thread but then they forced /sp/ cancer into the board (as if /sp/ ever talks about sports anyway) and now the board is unusable .
>>
>>444660
These people aren't your parents. They can't force anyone to do anything. The people that use this website are responsible for the condition its in.
>>
>>444660
What are you even talking about? 4chan isn't getting worse. 4chan has been around for a long time. Your tolerance for minor annoyances is what's getting weaker. Take a break and take a deep breath, pansy.
>>
>>444668
Continue to stick your head in the sand but the evidence is right there. If you actually bothered to look at those boards you would see it has been deteriorating
>>
>>444667
so if they don't have to do anything, why even have mods?
>>
>>444673
You're an idiot, dude. Let me spell this out for you. Your brain looks for patterns and novelties, and then you think that things are more important than they really are.

Go take a look at some threads on /vg/ that DON'T interest you, and see if you can even NOTICE the shitposting. You only notice shitposting that triggers you, and you went and became a tumblrina somewhere down the line.

Fucking chill out.
>>
>>444682
*/vr/ you mean

heres one
>>>/vr/2962697

I do not give a shit about zelda. what a quality thread
>>
>>444700
need another one? here you go

>>>/vr/2976289
>>
>>444707
oh look another one
>>>/vr/2984270
>>
>>444700
>>444707
So are these threads good threads or bad threads in your opinion?
>>
>>444712
you asked for threads that devolve into shitposting and I provided them
>>
>>444713
So have you noticed that there is literally one tripfag in those three threads, and only one post by them, and that nobody replied to the tripfag's post, and their post wasn't inflammatory?

So uh... Now try to remember what we're arguing about. We're arguing about tripfags.
>Can we just ban all tripfags please?

So... What are we talking about now?
>>
>>444713
Actually I have another question for you.

Do you like /s4s/ and /b/? Those are a pair of examples of boards that disabled tripcodes. What do you think of them?
>>
>>444716
because there are no trips on /vr/. The discussion was about the mods not giving a shit about the site and I provided examples of it like you asked

>>444717
I have no idea why they would be disabled there since they are nothing but shitposting boards.
>>
>>444721
>I have no idea why they would be disabled there since they are nothing but shitposting boards.

It's almost like disabling tripcodes does nooooooothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.
>>
>>444721
>because there are no trips on /vr/.
This was posted in the minish cap thread you linked.
>>>/vr/2974810

You have no idea what you're fucking talking about, dude. Go lurk some more.
>>
>>444723
yeah if you only do it to one board instead of site wide. I'd bet quite a few of them migrate to other boards to trip
>>
>>444728
You'd bet, huh? Name a price.
>>
>>444729
$65324
>>
>>444735
Alright. Let's make it official.

https://longbets.org/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8HFc6OJ_1Y
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.