[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autism and low creativity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 258x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 258x570
I found this awesome study on the creativity (or lack thereof) of autism and aspergers sufferers.

http://scholar.google.com.au/scholar_url?url=http://ejournal.narotama.ac.id/files/Creativity%2520and%2520imagination%2520in%2520autism.pdf&hl=en&sa=X&scisig=AAGBfm24Ri7dnqHnuZhjIHdVQx21DDtsRA&nossl=1&oi=scholarr&ved=0ahUKEwj68Lrtv_HKAhVJG5QKHTIUAQsQgAMIGigAMAA

Don't you think this explains so much about bronies and sonic fans? How amazingly uncreative they are?

Go take a peek on /mlp/. Nothing, not a single thing, is original. It is remarkable how unoriginal it is. Yet they can't get enough. Hell, they think they are deeply creative people.
Really explains the need to make an "OC" that is just a Shadow the hedgehog recolor.

What other fandoms do you think are uncreative? Do you think it is down to autism/aspergers?
>>
You have a very narrow understanding of autism.
>>
>>441983
I'm gonna go ahead and guess you are autistic
>>
>>441985
I probably am but that's beside the point. And dismissing my post that way is absolutely retarded.

Autism covers a wide range of things. It's not just "hurr all autistic people are bronies." I could not care less about MLP.
>>
>>441988
What about sonic though?
>>
>>441991
What about it?
>>
>>441981
Some of the most creative people were autistic

Retarded weeaboo
>>
>>441981
>What other fandoms do you think are uncreative
Anime
>>
>>442004
Like who? I call bullshit
>>
>>442005
Well that's not very creative is it?
>>
The point is, OP is dumb and simple-minded. Stop living in your own little world.
>>
File: 200px-SonichuOriginal.jpg (28 KB, 200x308) Image search: [Google]
200px-SonichuOriginal.jpg
28 KB, 200x308
No really, it's pretty funny

Pic related. The most famous example of terrible creativity from somebody with autism/aspergers.

Or for bronies, Fallout Equestria or whatever it is. Literally POPULAR GAME + PONY. It's totally thematically incongruent, too. A dark and gritty world + ....colorful children's ponies.

Why? lol. Why do they try to be creative when they are so obviously uncreative?
>>
>>442039
Not every autistic person is the same. You seem to have trouble understanding that because you're using a couple particularly bad ones as a point of reference. They'd be awful people even if they didn't have autism.
>>
Read more and you'll be smarter.
Just not only genre fiction though!
>>
>>442071
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLt25jnlI7c
thematically sound. Equestria isn't a perfect paradise and being on the rim of a monster infested forest doesn't help in the slightest either.
>>
>>441981
>smug weeaboo making fun of autism
kill yourself, you know nothing about autism
>>
The most autistic thing I saw all year was something that OP did: Giving a single fucking shit about about /mlp/ EVEN AFTER THE YEAR 2015 ENDED.
I've seen this faggot posting this particular anime character since at least November 2015 while complaining about bullshit like MLP, why does he still give a shit?
Doesn't he have anything better to do?
Go hang out with your friends, faggot.
And stop caring about trivial things.
>>
Aspergers is pretty much now known as Autism Spectrum Disorder, or ASD. Basically think of it like this: Autism is a spectyrum, a sort of scale, so the higher up you go, the more autistic you get. Aspergers pretty much falls pretty low on the scale. Aspergers people just suck at socializing, that's about it. Its people like Chris Chan who gave Aspergers a bad name, because he is more higher up on the spectrum and you can clearly tell that.
>>
>>441981
Explains /a/ desu
>>
File: LOL AUTISM.png (2 MB, 5696x4808) Image search: [Google]
LOL AUTISM.png
2 MB, 5696x4808
>>442014
Like fucking Albert Einstein and Nicola Tesla for fucking example.
Hell a shit load of people (including artists) that are important as fuck had autism or Aspergers.
Like these individuals:

http://www.asperger-syndrome.me.uk/people.htm

The reason why faggots think of autism as something to be shunned for isn't just because of dumbass retards like CWC.
It's because of coward American 90s kids that were scare to death because of the whole MMR vaccine controversy of 1998.
Besides, today people are so fucking insecure about social issues that they try as hard as they can to get an excuse on why their social life sucks so goddamn much by giving a phony excuse like having autism which is most of the time just a lie.
(See: self diagnosed autism)

As for your bullshit about "Creativity":
The real engine behind creativity in human beings is their sentiments and their sense of empathy.
People with autism usually have a hard time expressing themselves via verbal tools and because of this they try to find alternative methods for their means of expression.
And this is exactly why some of the greatest artists such as Ludwig Van Beethoven and Wolfgang Mozart were among aspies.
Classical art forms such as drawings and musical pieces are works that give a sense of expression of a thought or a sentiment in a beautiful manner while having only one function.
While retarded immature faggots over at /v/ rage immensely when you tell them that VIDEO GAMES ARE NOT ART, they fail to realize that video games only qualify as craft not art because they have more than one function which is not a bad thing.

On another note: The pentagon executed a pathetic attempt at making Vladimir Putin look bad by calling him an aspie which got BTFO by this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/head-quarters/2015/feb/07/putin-aspergers-story-stupidity-of-psychological-diagnosis-from-a-distance
>>
>>442229
>Like fucking Albert Einstein and Nicola Tesla for fucking example.Hell a shit load of people (including artists) that are important as fuck had autism or Aspergers.

Lies. Aspies just say shit like this so that they'll feel better about themselves.
Einstein didn't have aspergers, stop slandering a dead man.
>>
>>442271
Prove it faggot
>>
>>442275
No, you prove it. You say something about someone, then you have to prove it.
The burden of proof lies with the accuser.
>>
File: caped2.png (111 KB, 1894x857) Image search: [Google]
caped2.png
111 KB, 1894x857
>>442271
He was asocial af.
He said himself that he "thinks in pictures and images instead of words" Einstein also suffered from other mental illnesses as well. It is all around the internet I don't to prove you shit.

In a picky point of view, 85% of people would have mental illnesses.
Face it, your perfect goody two shoe normal human being, DOESN'T EVEN FUCKING EXIST.
If you want to fit a human into every single category of being 'normal' you would find out that everyone is somehow fucked up in one way or another so 'being normal' is just an illusion.
Open your eyeballs, anything they claim as "Normal" was considered normal DECADES AGO.
With the speed of current advancements in technology our understanding of social norms is changing because they are no longer constants but they are variables.
With the rise of human-technological fusions such as cyborgs and Exoskeleton, we will witness a war between neurotypicals and non-neurotypicals in a near feature.
And we would be the ones laughing as the world burns in fire.
It's actually better to be mentally ill in this day and age, at least we will be happy and you would only dwell in your anxiety and depression, whoring over "MUH AUTISM" "MUH NON-NEUROTYPICALS TAKING OVER THE WORLD REEEEE!!!!!ONE!!!!1!".

>>442278
>The burden of proof lies with the accuser.
The person you replied to wasn't even me dummy.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 690x460
>>442039
>>441981
>>441985
>it's an armchair psychologist pretends to know about aspies thread
>>
File: 1239716598262.jpg (153 KB, 680x533) Image search: [Google]
1239716598262.jpg
153 KB, 680x533
Holy shit

>Einstein was autistic!

Is this what the mothers of autistic boys tell them, so they'll feel less abnormal?
>>
>>442636
Fuck off, OP. Just accept that you got dunked on.
>>
>>442700
Sure thing Chris
>>
Why does no one on 4chan know what autism actually means? As someone who worked with actually autistic people you are all full of shit.
>>
>>442774
autism is having a hard time understanding empathy, social cues and emotion
pretty much fits OP
>>
>>442773
Come back to this site when you're 18, OP.
>>
File: lololol get it.gif (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lololol get it.gif
99 KB, 500x500
>>441981
As a guy with high function autism/aspergers (yes diagnosed, feds also pay me dem autismbux because that's not all I'm diagnosed with) I'm praised pretty regularly for being creative when I actually put forth the energy to do something creative. It's just a matter of giving enough fucks about what I'm doing or being lazy enough to want to figure out a better way that uses less time and energy.

In case you were wondering I absolutely fucking hate ponyfags and their bullshit with a passion. Unfortunately live with a guy who fucking loves that shit. He's nearly fucking 30 and will defend his ponyfaggotry to a retarded degree. He's not on the spectrum.

Don't really give a fuck about sonic. Remember it being fun but sonic ain't shit compared to how much fun I had with Vectorman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPC4wXguSjs

>>442785
There's a lot more to it than that, the spectrum is far reaching too. That's pretty descriptive of higher function. Low functioning people are often misidentified as having the downs. Used to work with low functioning children at a day care. Holy fuck they were a pain in the ass sometimes.

People like me can fly under the radar so to speak, we can fake normal pretty well. If we don't know you you can largely treat everything we say as prerecorded. You're basically talking to an automated answering system until you throw something we don't expect. It's really stressful for me too. Once we get to know you though we act more open and natural.

>>442636
These claims are based off of looking at how the people in question behaved based on what we have access to. It's speculation since we cannot actually talk to and test them anymore, but educated speculation. Writings, recordings, and whatnot by those who know and worked with them as well as the people themselves showed tendencies that are often seen in one form of autism or another. Aspergers is apparently usually what many of the great minds of the past align with based on this.
>>
>>442815
>Aspergers is apparently usually what many of the great minds of the past align with based on this.
Keep telling yourself mate but creativity is rooted in language expression, which is dynamic and organic. Being "creative" with maths or other rigorously defined systems of logic isn't creative, it's fucking robotic. You can program a computer to engineer and create, based on calculated variables but you can't get it to produce poetry or prose.

Spergs aren't creative, they're just one step closer to being the perfected corporate drones society wants of men. Face it, it is either face the reality that you are unfortunate genetic refuse which in every other animal kingdom would end up being breed out of the gene pool, or seek comfort in the delusion that your ability to pass the Turing test with enough practice puts your kind in the same category as the 0.000000000000001% of human genius. I mean, it is extremely arrogant of your kind to pull this shit bit it is hard to get annoyed about it. It would be like getting pissed off at a retarded puppy for shitting all over the carpet. It can't help it, it's a retarded dog. A shame that spergs aren't cute like puppies. a
>>
>>441981
>I found this awesome study on the creativity (or lack thereof) of autism and aspergers sufferers.
Wasn't this already a known fact? What's interesting about this study in particular?
>>
>>442836
why are you so mad
>>
>>442836
>You can program a computer to engineer and create
No you can't. Take your high school understanding of math and engineering and fuck off.
>>
File: 1354241161260.gif (762 KB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
1354241161260.gif
762 KB, 300x170
>>442836
Did you actually read my post beyond that line?

The claim that these people were on the spectrum is based upon their recorded habits and works and is observable in some way. They may just have been different in some other but similar way but they also seemed to fit many habits and tendencies that would get you diagnosed today. As I said, we cannot talk to them or test them to see if they're for sure on the spectrum. They're already dead. All we can do is speculate based on what we have available to us.

With math you do realize geometry can be exploited to make some damn good art right? Honestly if you can't think of how you could be creative through math YOU are the one who lacks creativity and probably never sat down and dicked with a graphing calculator for 5-10 minutes either.

>they're just one step closer to being the perfected corporate drones society wants of men
>pic very related
They want people who conform to the idiotic collectivist authoritarian bullshit spewed by SJWs and feminazis. They're far easier to control than the stubborn asshole that is a typical higher function autistic person. Personally you'll never convince me to peacefully fork over my guns, and that makes me the very thing they want none of.

>different
>genetic refuse
Why do I get the feeling you think you're a full blooded aryan or something stupid like that?

Please do humanity a favor and stop wasting resources when there are plenty of perfectly good cliffs you can jump off. All you're doing is basically yelling "I'M SUPERIOR!!!" while flailing about like a tard over the threat that you might not be as smart or creative as some dirty aspie.
>>
If the autism spectrum encompasses social cue and empathy illnesses, what's to stop me from making a spectrum that encompasses all mental illness?
>>
>>443031
A doctorate, a bunch of research, and years upon years of work building credibility.

There already are sort of a few though, example being violent versus non-violent.
>>
>>442286
>einstein
>asocial
"No"
>>
>>441981
>other uncreative fandoms
Doctor Who.
>>
File: 1423985063763.jpg (88 KB, 453x695) Image search: [Google]
1423985063763.jpg
88 KB, 453x695
>>441981
>animeposter talking about autism

Like pottery.
>>
You ever notice how the fandoms that are accused of being uncreative are the ones with the most actual fanart by volume, made by children?

Compare the Sonic Fandom to... oh... I dunno... Friends. Or How I Met Your Mother. Or The Big Bang Theory. These are all enjoyed by WAY more people than Sonic, but there's next to no presence on Deviantart. Is "No Art" better than "Bad Art" in terms of which fandom is more or less creative?
>>
>>441981
I'm slightly autistic but reasonably creative, I just suck shit at putting it down on paper. Hyperfocus tends to give spergs an ability to really excel at shit if they're obsessed enough, but many spergs target that obsession at stupid, uncreative shit like cringeworthy Sonic fanfiction.
>>
>>443355
>made by children?
what?
>>
Damn OP is getting roasted
>>
>>443355
For some reason I feel like I've seen a lot of Big Bang Theory fanart. At least compared to those other two sitcoms you mentioned.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.