[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/: >FUCK OFF BOKU NO PICO I TAKE MUH CHINESE CARTOONS SERIOUSLY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: Tyler-The-Creator.jpg (96 KB, 608x610) Image search: [Google]
Tyler-The-Creator.jpg
96 KB, 608x610
/a/:
>FUCK OFF BOKU NO PICO I TAKE MUH CHINESE CARTOONS SERIOUSLY GO SUCK A DICK YOU COWBOY BEBOP LOVING NORMALFAG

/co/:
>Actual discussion
>>
File: 1443961315366.png (226 KB, 749x455) Image search: [Google]
1443961315366.png
226 KB, 749x455
>posting pics or 2/10 rappers who are incapable of making a song without crying about his dad
>>
>>437553
Lurk moar
>>
>>437553
Don't forget

>REEEEE /V/ERMIN
>REEEE NEWFAGS
>I WANT TO EAT THAT LOLIS POOP!
>>
>>437553
>meme rapper
>tothetrash.png
>>
>>437553
It seems like the quality of discussion reflects the quality of the topic.

Not surprising, anime is pure garbage
>>
>>437574
>/V/
Kill yourself
>>
>>437553
Yes, /co/ is better. So stop going to /a/.
>>
>>437553
It's your own fault for making a rec thread.

Don't ever return to /a/.

Thanks.
>>
>>437553

ok kid
>>
/a/ is by far our worst board
Nobody ever wants to discuss anything
>>
>>437649
>I made a naruto anime thread and got BTFO
>wahhh wahhh worst board
>>
>>437649
>Nobody ever wants to discuss anything
Examples of this?
>>
>make shit thread
>get shit replies
Fucking/a/ssholes amiright?
>>
Any board /qa/ gets butthurt about is a good board.
>>
>>437691
Go away /pol/tard
>>
Wow look at all these mobile posters in here.
>>
>>437767
Where?
>>
>>437770
In here.
>>
>>437767
Do something about it.
>>
>>437553
>unironically posting meme rap man
Opinion discarded
>>
>>437553
As a /co/ regular, I gotta say that people on there are really eager to derail threads and keep them that way; sometimes I get the feeling at least half the board doesn't actually want to discuss comics and cartoons.
>>
>>437555
>saw him live
>he has no talent
>he half-assed the entire performance
>wasted $45
I'm still butthurt.
>>
>>437553
Waifu circlejerking and shitposting bait threads isn't actual discussion.
>>
>>438462
>Waifu circlejerking and shitposting bait threads isn't actual discussion
I think that was OP's point.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 243x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 243x250
>>437767
Yeah, whatcha gonna do about it
>>
>>438466
I'm pretty sure that anon was talking about /co/, anon. Generals are everything but actual discussion.
>>
>>438466
i was talking about /co/
>>
File: a hipster pattent.png (53 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
a hipster pattent.png
53 KB, 1000x700
>>437661
Just go and try to start a thread about something that got popular and isn't in season, I dare you.
>>
>>438507
S no examples? Cool.
>>
File: 1382288478656.jpg (34 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1382288478656.jpg
34 KB, 960x960
>>438509
>post entire list of examples
>all ignored
thanks for proving my point m8
>>
>>438512
>A made up chart is somehow proof of anything
Not my fault you like shit anime bruh. Also every board has the same problem, not just /a/.
>>
>>438507
You probably can't find any other place you can do this either.
Anime Forums - Dead discussion.
Reddit - Only if they are doing a rewatch and even then it is 20 so comments and dead.
/a/ - Shows no one cares about - 20-30 posts and more popular shows 200 - 500+ (where it involves shit posting).

>inb4 reddit
People here and on /q/ kept repeating that you could discuss anime better else where and so went and looked myself. Turns out /a/ is still the best.
>>
>>438514
/a/ doesn't like good anime.

k on and moeblob shit are not good anime.
>>
>>438507
Theyre all discussed heavily faggot
There are shows which most newfags like you on /a/ now dont even know about but these arent those ones
Also stop talking out of your ass and never post on /a/ again
>>
>>438668
>constant dragonball, OPM, AoT, Bleach, etc threads
/a/ does more than moe if you actually lurked. Also what is a good anime is subjective. If you don't like /a/ then fuck off and find a better place to discuss anime.
>>
>>>/mlp/
>>
/a/ is for people who already watch and enjoy anime. That's part of what makes it so good: no matter what anime you're watching and enjoy, people are talking about it on /a/. And actually talking about it, like discussing the relative merits of different currently airing series, comparing single works to the repertoires of the studios that make them, the directors and writers working on them, and so on. I've learned so much about anime just from discussing it on /a/.

If /a/ appears to be hostile to outsiders, that's just because the ankle-deep anime fandom that pervades most of the internet has also ruined those communities by diluting them with lowest-common-denominator discussion and lists of recommendations where your discussion of anime stops completely at "I like (show), do you also like (show)?"

Examples of good current threads with actual discussion:
>>>/a/137150283
>>>/a/137152086
>>>/a/137183877
>>>/a/137192643
>>>/a/137170114
>>>/a/137175261

Even without knowing the anime, you can go look at the threads and see that the people talking actually enjoy and care about these shows.

The simple fact is that you won't find this level of discussion (particularly the number of people involved) anywhere else on the web. MAL might have a thread the day it airs which will just be individuals giving their impressions without reading what anyone else said. Reddit might have a thread with a conversation involving about 20 people, where the only comments anyone reads are the first ones that get posted because they are "upvoted" the most, and it's impossible to get involved in the discussion without piggybacking someone else's highly rated comment. Other imageboards fall short as well. 8cuck barely even has threads about currently airing stuff, let alone livewatch threads.

And that's not to mention the fact that /a/ has a huge and active fan translation community that is always helping to increase availability of otherwise untranslated anime and manga.
>>>/a/137152252
>>
>>438668
>I know what good anime is! I wateched more than 20 different shows! All other anime is shit!
Yeah nah.
>>
>>438507
I've seen all of those get discussed till post limit atleast few times a week.
But take FLCL for example, today there's been 2 exact threads where OP complains about FLCL being "LOL SO RANDUMB XD".
If you think that's supposed to invoke any actual discussion, then go fuck yourself
>>
>>438680
Even if I pretty much agree with everything you said, the fact you linked a generalfaggotry madoka thread makes it hard for me to take you seriously.
>>
>>438680
>/a/ is for people who already watch and enjoy anime.
LOL!

/a/ is for people who want to be /a/ posters. People who watch anime don't waste their time.
>>
>>437556
/thread
>>
/a/ is the worst community on 4chan.
>>
>>440508
/a/ is the only board the site that has any form of semblance of a community.
>>
>>440508
>>440511
All of the popular boards are bad.
>>
File: CTF Nanyako.png (445 KB, 807x700) Image search: [Google]
CTF Nanyako.png
445 KB, 807x700
>>440526
The faster a board, the worse it is. /b/ obviously, then /v/ and /sp/. Slow niche boards like /diy/ (which is fucking great) are the opposite.
>>
>>440477
>People who watch anime don't waste their time.
Uhh
>>
>>438680
This is just flat out not true. You're biased.
/a/ is an awful place, no discussion can take place.
>>
>>440599
Not true, slow niche boards are also ruined.
/a/ wouldn't get shit on so much if everyone there didn't seem so full of themselves and if confronted with a differing opinion they sperg out and start screaming about the boogyman of the month.
>>
>>440627
>boogyman of the month.
Such as?
>>
lmao, isn't the comic book industry dying big time? what will they have to discuss any more?
>>
>>440632
see >>437042
>>
>>440634
That's every board on 4chan. Hardly monthly or /a/-specific.
>>
>>440637
Not every board on 4chan has a superiority complex about being the first board. Go to that thread and dare to suggest that this is no longer an anime website and see for yourself. They will call you /pol/ or a redditor or worse. That's the point, they make up boogeymen as needed.
>>
File: sbahjhigh.png (95 KB, 344x293) Image search: [Google]
sbahjhigh.png
95 KB, 344x293
>>437553
>/co/:
>>Actual discussion
>>
i browse /a/ just laugh at animelords
>>
>>440639
This new obsession with mobile posters doesn't even make sense
>>
File: 1400808811063.png (119 KB, 243x300) Image search: [Google]
1400808811063.png
119 KB, 243x300
/a/ makes me feel right at home.

/co/ leaves me alienated and disgusted.

So what's the difference between me and you?
>>
>>440626
Or you are just incapable of starting a good discussion without being retarded
>>
>>440634
>/qa/ is /a/
Nigger, what the fuck are you doing. The majority of /a/ refuses to even accept /qa/ as a board and you are going to equate posters here to the majority of /a/?
>>
>>437553
>/co/ actual discussion
people are complaining that /co/ has reddit-tier demographic there so I can see why you can't fit in and lurk more
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.