[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SRS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
I know [s4s] is a board for people to do ironic shitposting, but is SRS on Reddit (and the associated subs) the same way, or are they actually serious? I could never tell for sure. What adds to the confusion is that the definition of the word shitpost on Reddit seems completely different from the definition on 4chan.

What actually is the purpose of SRS, anyway? I don't understand it and nothing out there really seems to explain it.
>>
>>430153
How in the hell should we know? Go ask them.
>>
>>430157
I came to 4chan for an unbiased answer.
>>
>>430184
>I came to 4chan for an unbiased answer.
>>
>>430153
Check the article on Encyclopedia Dramatica.
>>
SRS is a place to link to comments that the people there are unironically offended by and I think is supposed to be a really thin 'satire' of those posts and the threads that contain them, so 'Oh my god those downvotes make my vagina so hard' or 'HEALTHY MALE SEXUALITY' etc might be a comment, but most of them are usually just the standard sjw 'Straight cis white males are literally scum dae downvote me senpai.'

[s4s] is kinda sorta that applied to 4chan while also serving as a satire of SRS.

of course, that was the purpose of [s4s] purpose originally. now it's a little bit muddled.
>>
They are literally insane
>>
File: 1391106249226.jpg (786 KB, 773x4014) Image search: [Google]
1391106249226.jpg
786 KB, 773x4014
>>430153
/s4s/ was started as an April Fools joke by moot to make fun of /pol/ and /b/ because of the SRS invasion. It was modeled after leddit and even had upvote and downvote buttons. /pol/ and /b/ loved the board so much because they were making shitty OC on MSPaint and asking people to upvote their funnies. It turned into a bizarro-/pol/ board. When midnight came around, moot was going to delete /s4s/ and everyone begged him to keep it. That was a few years ago.

SRS on leddit first started off as sub for people to post the dumb shit that was posted on leddit. Much like people screencapping their favorite posts on 4chan and sharing them. It was overtaken by goons from SA and first started off as a joke to harass people about being sexist. But it started to attract users that really believed that shit and was overtaken and turned into a private sub for man-hating lesbians.

They got into a miniwar with 4chan by trying to invade /pol/ and getting /pol/ shut down by spamming /q/ with "SHUT DOWN /pol" threads and even doing the same shit on /lgbt/.

/lgbt/ got tired of their bullshit, and the whole /polgbt/ alliance shit came about. moot then created /s4s/ as another joke, but then eventually deleted old /q/ because every other thread was calling for the deletion of /pol/.
>>
>>430310
So to recap
>SRS is normal leddit board for making fun of dumb ass posters
>overtaken by goons as a troll
>again overtaken by lesbians
>start to invade /q/, /pol/, /b/, /v/
>start threads on /lgbt/ asking for help to delete /pol/
>/b/ doesn't even notice, /q/ is flooded with threads calling for deletion, /lgbt/ hates SRS, /pol/ has a new boogeyman to replace JIDF
>April Fools rolls around, moot creates /s4s/ as a joke, gives upvote buttons. Turns into an ironic shitposting board
>/q/ gets deleted, /polgbt/ alliance arises, people love /s4s/, for some reason /mlp/ loves /pol/
>SRS goes back home, /s4s/ still continues as ironic shitposting board, but most current users probably don't know why they are ironically shitposting and checking dubs still.
>>
>>430310
>They got into a miniwar with 4chan by trying to invade /pol/ and getting /pol/ shut down by spamming /q/ with "SHUT DOWN /pol" threads

The same thing is begging to happen on /qa/
>>
File: stormlord.jpg (73 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
stormlord.jpg
73 KB, 600x889
>>430335
It was a lot worse on /q/. It was obvious outsiders asking moot directly to delete /pol/ and spouting shit about misogyny neo-reactionary garbage, dangerous hate-speech. "How long moot, how long are you going to let this go on?"

It was literally every other thread, on /qa/ it's just people wanting /pol/ to stay off their board.

It got so bad on /q/ that moot made the usage of the "shitlord" into spam. They wouldn't say "stormfag" because it had "fag" in it, so they started calling /pol/ "stormweinies", and "stormlords" (as if stormlord is an insult).

moot got sick of it and deleted /q/.
>>
>>430344
>It was obvious outsiders asking moot directly to delete /pol/ and spouting shit about misogyny neo-reactionary garbage, dangerous hate-speech. "How long moot, how long are you going to let this go

It's only less obvious now because outsiders have blended into 4chan's userbase more and more since Moot deleted /q/.

>on /qa/ it's just people wanting /pol/ to stay off their board.
Nope, they want /pol/ to be deleted. In fact there's a thread about it on the front page right now.

I've yet to look at the catalog and not see at least a dozen threads complaining about /pol/ and demanding it be deleted.
>>
>>430344
So that's where stormweenies comes from. Haven't really seen stormlord but I wish someone would call me that, that sounds awesome.
>>
File: 1451686352649.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1451686352649.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>430153
>people are starting threads on a "hidden" board about information on subreddits
>>
>>430352
>blended in

Kek I can spot them a mile away.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.