[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The flat pill"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 23
File: flatmap.jpg (66 KB, 622x421) Image search: [Google]
flatmap.jpg
66 KB, 622x421
Can something be done about all the flat earth threads on /pol/? I count at least three of them up right now on the front page alone. They need to be redirected to /sci/ or something.
>>
nope lol
>>
File: 1419928895566.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1419928895566.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
>>425432
those threads are just another symptom of the tinfoilfag cancer that is killing /pol/
>>
>>425432
/pol/ is a satire board/containment board. It is one of the boards on 4chan where nobody expects serious discussion. If you actually use /pol/ to inform yourself about the world you should probably kill yourself desu
>>
>>425466
I dunno, people there seem pretty serious about trump.

The board as a whole really could use a fucking lot of tweaking though. For starters a lot of its threads are literally barely or simply not related to politics. Ideally it would be nice if mods actually got off their asses and made people discuss non-political news stories in /news/, economics in /biz/, conspiracy shit in maybe /x/ or /b/, etc.

However other boards don't want obvious /pol/ idiots shitting around over on their parts. So basically /pol/ has contained itself with its shittiness, but what it's been doing is flagrantly beyond what it was made for and they're taking advantage of mods doing nothing about it.
>>
File: 1404357798885.jpg (46 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1404357798885.jpg
46 KB, 500x465
>>425432
>redirected to /sci/
More like /x/ or /out/.
>>
>>425452
no, they are a blatant fucking obvious attempt to discredit us. There is nothing remotely political about it, it belongs on /x/ or something
>>
>>425466
This is true though, I attempted to make a serious discussion about something the other day and was told that people like me needed to have their heads bashed in with a brick. I realized at this point that /pol/ was a bunch of meanies and it needed to be deleted!!!!!
>>
>/sci/

We have three flat Earth threads in the catalog too, please fuck off.
>>
File: 1433740699125.jpg (6 KB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1433740699125.jpg
6 KB, 255x191
Have you taken the brown pill yet, mateys?

it's a tough pill to swallow! The brown pill was founded in 1999 by Sir Reginald Brownpill, who presents and narrates the attached video.

Forget red and blue pills, brown pills are the way of the future.

Video related. Please leave your questions, comments, and concerns below about this radical new paradigm of thinking!f

Swallow the brown pill today! Red pills are for fedora fucking wearing faggots, blue pills are for the ignorant masses. Ignore the other le epin /pol/ maymays, this one is the readl deal.
>>
File: 1452180113441.jpg (41 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
1452180113441.jpg
41 KB, 349x642
>>425466
>/pol/ is satire
>>
>>426982
>discredit us
>implying /pol/ hasntg discredited themselves enough
Are the regular "global warming is a hoax" threads all just a conspiracy to discredit you too?
>>
>>425480
they need to be harder on ad hominem. People should express their political opinions without reproach, but spamming 'lol india poo in loo epic meme' doesn't contribute anything, and makes the whole of /pol/ look like even more of a shitpost extravaganza.
>>
>>425480
Isn't global rule 3 technically supposed to apply to /pol/ too? The rule is barely enforced on other boards but it's not enforced at all on pol
>>
>>425432
/sci/ hates that shit too though.
>>
File: Screenshot2.png (137 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot2.png
137 KB, 639x480
>>427247
So many people, I mean a really big proportion of /pol/'s userbase, go there specifically to shitpost, false flag, slide, shill and use all manner of other forum-wrecking methods to degrade discussion on /pol/. I've seen a lot of people openly admit it, they're proud that they're fighting "the evil Nazis" in this way. Never mind that it's childish and cowardly and massively dishonest, as long as they're preventing an open debate on subjects they see as sacred and untouchable, they're satisfied.

I've said it before, one of the high prices of having a free and unrestricted anonymous forum is that it leaves the entire community wide open to sabotage by would-be censors. If you tried to use any of the above methods on Tumblr or a "progressive" subreddit you'd be permabanned the second you were discovered.

All of that said, I can't really see a solution that doesn't involve censorship. The "flat earth" threads have got to go of course, they belong on /x/ if anywhere. As for the rest of the deliberate forum trashing on /pol/, I guess we'll just have to take the high road and allow it, exposing it wherever there's evidence of foul play.

Pic semi-related (it's not just GCHQ that use these tactics).
>>
>>427253
>global rule 3
It's pretty much unenforceable in practice. Attempts to censor 4chan in ways the userbase see as unfair censorship often provoke acts of defiance in solidarity with the banned user. As was seen on /v/ recently, delete one "nigger" and you provoke a hundred more from the angry mob.

Also, global rule 3 includes a "no flames" rule. Can you imagine trying to enforce that? Would you even want to? I think such open-ended rules are basically there to allow the mods to target pretty much anyone they want, as long as they act with restraint. The trick is to have mods that want a free but functional forum, and I think so far they've done okay across the site, considering much of the userbase is obviously children, trolls and the insane.

The Star Wars shilling on /tv/ made me wonder if the site isn't taking kickbacks from a marketing agency though. That shit was ridiculous.
>>
File: chen_explains.jpg (23 KB, 195x186) Image search: [Google]
chen_explains.jpg
23 KB, 195x186
What's wrong, OP? I thought /pol/ was a bastion of free speech? Why do you want to censor someone with a different view then you?
>>
Sliding threads alongside the MGTOW shit and whatnot
>>
>>426982
>Discredit us
Kek. That happened loooong ago, friendo.
>>
>>426982
No, you're just trying to censor the truth
>>
>>427291
/pol/ is a bastion of free POLITICAL speech.

Flat Earth threads have nothing to do with politics. There can only be one or two people who believe in such nonsense and they found a home for their beliefs on /x/. So why would they suddenly move to /pol/?

Maybe it's so that they can now point to those threads on /pol/ and respond to a conservative political opinion with: "Ah but your type don't even believe the Earth is round!" It's a common discrediting tactic. Post extremism or insanity on a moderate opponent's forum and conflate that extremism/insanity with every opponent's beliefs, however rational and moderate. The attempted implication is that there are only progressives and insane extremists with no sensible middle ground.

Pieced together, the argument looks like this: "If you're not a progressive then it follows you must be a conservative, and since conservatives can only post on /pol/ without being banned, and only insane extremists post on /pol/, all non-progressives must therefore be insane extremists."

When looked at objectively, this tactic seems ridiculous, but repeat the various false assumptions enough times and people will start to believe the illogical conclusion. It's this kind of phony rhetoric that holds brainwashed cults together and if you find yourself falling for it, take a step back and rethink your assumptions.
>>
File: coolposting.jpg (28 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
coolposting.jpg
28 KB, 510x346
>>427322
Then why are there threads and posts about nothing but one race being inferior allowed? Why are those threads not moved to /sci/ when they're above sociology and biology?
>>
>>427333
About, not above
>>
>>427333
Because /pol/ is the racist containment board and /x/ is the crazy conspiracy theorist containment board. /sci/ is an innocent bystander in the situation.
>>
>>427333
Subjective opinions regarding different demographics is blatantly a political subject, but you already know that.

Your attitude is clearly "I don't care if the rules are being abused as long as the results negatively affect those I disagree with." I'm sure you'd be clamouring for the rules to be rigidly applied if they were in your favour.

Your goal is apparently to prevent certain topics from being discussed honestly and openly, and this strongly implies that you know you are wrong but don't want people to realise it. This would make you a liar.

Are you a liar?
>>
File: 1438956844812.png (725 KB, 4001x2850) Image search: [Google]
1438956844812.png
725 KB, 4001x2850
>>427355
So you're just going to say "nuh-uh it so is political" and then resort to attacking my character?
>>
>>427363
Do you really think racial superiority threads belong on /sci/? Of course not. You're being facetious.

And there's nothing I can do to defame your character that those obnoxious anime avatars aren't already doing.

I notice you don't deny being a liar.
>>
>>427394
Well since we're just going to sling around insults to attack each other's character
Cuck Cuck. Uck
>>
related:
>>412548
>>
>>427400
That childish name-calling is based on nothing.

My accusation of dishonesty is based on evidence and reasoning (see >>427355).
>>
>>427406
I noticed how you didn't deny being a cuck
Lmao when did your wife get #blacked
You have the same viewpoints as a cuck hahahahahaha
>>
>>427416
This post is exactly why the word 'cuck' was wordfiltered until recently.
>>
>>427417
Lmao why you so mad about being a cuckold
Cuckoo cuckold cuck Lmao dude haha
You see I gracefully destroy your character and suddenly that means I'm right! The true /pol/ strat!
>>
>>427421
The fact that you think typing the word 'cuck' over and over in nonsensical fashion like a retard means you 'destroyed someone's character' proves that you're the only true retard ITT.
>>
>>427425
Woah dude spoken like a true cuck
>>
>>427416
>>427421
>>427428
>gets called out for being a liar
>resorts to ad hominem
Pathetic. Doubly pathetic that you would stop using your avatar because an anonymous stranger called it obnoxious.
>>
>>427437
>gets upset about others using ad hominems after using them himself
Wow sure sounds like you're getting cucked by flat earth posters dude
>>
>>427441
I'm not even slightly upset, because your "attack" was completely baseless.

I made a case for the fact that you lied, a case that you haven't tried to refute. It's not ad hominem if it's based on reason, it's a judgement of character that informs your argument (or lack thereof).

And the pitiful weakness demonstrated by the removal of your avatar cannot be denied. I strongly suspect you are an underage girl.
>>
>>427462
Lmao I bet you're shaking you're so upset, cuck
>>
>>427469
Why don't you post with your avatar again now that you know you lost all respect by caving in to one little insult aimed at it?

You obviously want to use it or you wouldn't have posted with it in the first place. Do you care that much that one anonymous stranger finds it obnoxious? That's kind of desperate for approval, don't you think?
>>
>>427355
An opinion about the government and school systems teaching false information about the shape of the earth is also political. Tax dollars are being used to teach lies to children
>>
File: 1448292937477.jpg (172 KB, 418x834) Image search: [Google]
1448292937477.jpg
172 KB, 418x834
>>427479
Because I only had 4 pics of her desu
Here's my last one of you want it so bad, cuck
>>
>>427751
By that logic you can shoehorn virtually any topic into /pol/. Nobody denies that discussion of aliens belongs on /x/ but if we suspect the government is lying about it, suddenly it could feasibly be a political matter.

Discussion of a gigantic conspiracy to hide the shape of the Earth, to deceive the public about something so bizarre, would clearly belong in /x/.

It's the kind of thing written about by Charles Fort, not Noam Chomsky. A book about it would not be in the political section of the library.
>>
>>427774
#REKT
>>
File: justChillOut.png (745 KB, 1268x718) Image search: [Google]
justChillOut.png
745 KB, 1268x718
Just because you take something seriously doesn't mean everybody does, or that you have to keep taking it seriously.
>>
>>427333
>>427363
>>427363
>>427760

Stop avatarfagging dumb weeaboo
>>
>>427802
>literally asks me to post another pic
>gets upset when I do
Lmaoing at you, cuck
>>
File: Sir-David-Attenborough.jpg (167 KB, 670x680) Image search: [Google]
Sir-David-Attenborough.jpg
167 KB, 670x680
>>427786
>guys nobody cares about this let's just stop talking about it
And here, at the end of a long discussion we find the loser, signalling his submission with a high pitched, plaintive whine. His feathers are still puffed out, but his head hangs low. He will not be mating with a female this evening.
>>
>>427823
Your /qa/ thread sandcastle will wash away with the 404 tides whether or not I kick it over first. Good luck out there, Dave.
>>
>>427774
Idk what library you're going too, but mine doesn't have crazed rantings about chimps and "dindus", nor does it have silly memes about various politicians and other figures being cuckolded
>>
>>427835
The memory of your humiliation will continue to burn long after the rest of us have moved on from this thread.

Don't have nightmares.
>>
>>427841
When you switch on the TV you don't see 38 channels of BANE do you? Yet we know which topics belong on /tv/ and which don't. It's called common sense.

As for the crazed rantings about chimps and "dindus," whoever posts those doesn't dictate the intended topic of the board. I could post the same racist nonsense on /mu/ but it would never make flat earth threads appropriate on /mu/.

The library analogy might not be perfect but I'd like to see a better one to determine the category of a subject, one that puts flat earth threads in /pol/.
>>
File: well played.jpg (52 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
well played.jpg
52 KB, 400x266
>>427845
So do I reply and prove that I'm so upset that I had to reply or not reply and prove that I'm so upset that I had to leave? I guess you won. GG.
>>
File: live.jpg (6 KB, 275x220) Image search: [Google]
live.jpg
6 KB, 275x220
/pol/ the last few months has become the sliding board. Not even intentionally, just fucking retards who feel that /pol/ is their home and clicking on an appropriate board to make a thread is too much work.

That's why /pol/ is made almost entirely of r9k threads. /pol/ became 'popular', so the normalfag infestation spilled out and started making topics on their feelings on the board that's supposed to be about fucking politics.

And the worst part: No one gives a shit. No one is going to seriously monitor and fix /pol/. It's a lost cause. Soon, /pol/ will become an extension of the robot with threads like:

>>>/pol/62343418
>>>/pol/62342301
>>>/pol/62337262
>>>/pol/62343759
>>>/pol/62342436
>>>/pol/62326178
>>>/pol/62345924
>>>/pol/62342855

Look at this /b/-tier /r9k/ garbage.

And the worst part? I didn't have to go to the second page at all. Every fucking one of those were on page 0 on the first click. One right after the other. There were two threads I would consider /pol/ related (and they were trump general threads).

It's awful, it's disgusting. But we know nothing is going to happen. /pol/ is /b/2.0 and it's time to just accept it because Mods don't have to work anymore and Hiro doesn't know how to fire them.
>>
>>427786
4chan is the last fun place on the internet. The whole point of 4chan initially was that none of it was serious, but the internet has gotten such a stick up its ass that it's now impossible to migrate anywhere else.

So yes, it's perfectly fine for people to worry about the future of a board where the owner doesn't know the basic commands of the interface and the mods just dick around all day doing whatever-the-fuck-they-want on their favorite boards. It's a solid sign that 4chan is a ship of fools, and faggots like yourself just keep telling the ones around them that everything is okay. Even while the ship sails further and further north.
>>
>>427238
/pol/ is a satire board. moot confirmed it.
>>
>>427917
Satire on /pol/ WOULD be fun. But that's not how it's used anymore

By anyone.
>>
>>427916
You can have fun while other people around you aren't. I'm >>427861 >>427835 and >>427786 I'm just here to have arguments. /qa/ is pretty much the perfect board for it. I love it here. The mods may listen to the users here or they may not and it doesn't matter which, to me. I'll like it on 4chan even if the environment changes because I can adapt. My favourite thing about 4chan is that I can just put whatever I want into the name field. Like right now. Here's my silly vanity trip that I spent a week brute forcing. Like it?
>>
>>427924
That's great, but why would you stay on a board like /pol/ if that's the case?

I don't agree that the solution is to cling like rats to the parts of the ship that hasn't sunk yet.
>>
>>427923

We'll take a break and get back into satire once Trump is in office.
>>
>>427933
If the ship sinks, I'll just become a mermaid.
>>
>>427916
>4chan is a ship of fools
STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>427247
You need to learn what ad hominem is.

"You're wrong because you're stupid" is ad hominem

"You're stupid because you're wrong" is not ad hominem.

"You're stupid and a massive faggot, kill yourself. End of discussion" is not ad hominem
>>
>>427333
Please don't. /sci/ is already being ruined by /pol/tards enough as it is.
>>
There are flat earth threads on /x/ sometimes.

It's amazing to see how upset people get. Aliens, reptilians, demons, bigfoot... no problem. But a flat earth? People get so damn mad, they're even saying that it's campaign to discredit "real" conspiracies.
>>
File: 1427146210954.gif (513 KB, 258x169) Image search: [Google]
1427146210954.gif
513 KB, 258x169
Hiro, please make a /tin/foil conspiracy board for these people. They and a few other factions like the Alex Jones fanboys are part of a larger problem of people being lured to 4chan from conspiracy forums like infowars and abovetopsecret and godlikeproductions expressly to spread awareness of their conspiracies like some kind of unholy hybrid tinfoil justice warrior.
>>
>>427859
>but it would never make flat earth threads appropriate on /mu/.
I posted a flat earth thread on /mu/. Just for you anon.

Anyway /pol/ is shit and has always been full of retards. There are plenty of dumb posts made on there. Why is it okay for science denialists to make threads claiming that global warming is a hoax, but flat earth truthers can't have a discussion about the government lying to everybody about the shape of the earth? Our NASA money is going somewhere and it's obviously not to the space program. Isn't that a political discussion just as intelligent as any other discussion on /pol/?

>>>/mu/62099452
>>
>>427917
>moot confirmed it
well I guess that settles it then, certainly there's nobody else that posts on /pol/, it's just moot having satirical conversations with himself
>>
>>427923
That's how it's used by lots of people. I know plenty of liberal posters who go on /pol / to act as retarded as possible for the lulz
>>
>>428306
Out of all the possible conspiracy theories, the flat earth model is quite possibly the dumbest one yet. There are more likely to be reptilian bigfoot demons from outer space than the Earth is flat
>>
>>428332
plenty of conservative posters go on /pol/ to act as retarded as possible because they're just retarded. Pic-related is actually a pretty common view over there, and they're being serious
>>
>>428342
The idea that /pol/ is unironic and serious all the time is just as retarded as what those conservative anons are posting. Using political cartoons to whine about conservative views isn't really helping your argument.
>>
File: 1415685229179.jpg (40 KB, 590x327) Image search: [Google]
1415685229179.jpg
40 KB, 590x327
>>428342
It's funny to see climate change threads on >>>/news/ when /pol/lacks are shocked (SHOCKED!) to discover that not everyone believes it's all about Al Gore's evil scheme to tax them.
>>
>>427859
Kek. /mu/ has had several flat earth threads the last couple of days. Did you miss rapper B.o.B. claimimg the earth was flat, then Black Science Man trying to debate it on twitter?
>>
>>428343
>The idea that /pol/ is unironic and serious all the time is just as retarded
see >>427238
They aren't being ironic. They are being serious. They seriously hold these views. They may slightly exaggerate them from time to time, but yes. They do believe black people are sub-human. They do believe that science is all just a liberal scam. And as /pol/ has grown they leak onto other boards more, which is why so many people hate them.
>>
File: 1363117198418.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
1363117198418.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>>425452
>tinfoilfag cancer that is killing /pol/
This has been on /pol/ far longer than the shitty meme spam that is now considered the "proper" /pol/.
Neither thing is good, but one has seniority over the other.
>>
>>428350
>see >>427238 #
>They aren't being ironic.
I don't see how your shitty ms paint comic disproves the fact that people post on /pol/ ironically and act retarded on purpose for the lulz. Do you honestly believe the "Incorrect" part of /pol/ is just a misnomer?

You are even more mentally deficient than those racists if you believe /pol/ is completely sincere and holds those hyperbolic views seriously. Which probably explains why you hate them so much and try to get the board deleted. You automatically assume that they're being serious because you can't even tolerate political views that you disagree with.
>>
the earth is flat, this is a fact
>>
>>430128
go back to godlikeproductions, kid
>>
everyone that's a regular /pol/ poster should be range banned from the entire site
do the same on /v/ and the overall post quality would rise 1000 times
>>
>>430162
>implying you have clue #1 what post quality is
>>
>>425480
>>426004
>conspiracies in /x/

Go fuck yourself you shiteating cunt faggots. You people and your queer ass mods literally killed /x/ by shoving political conspiracies into the paranormal/horror board.

I hope you choke on a dick you enormous queer
>>
>>425432
>They need to be redirected to /trash/ or something.

FTFY, and fuck you straight to the seventh circle of hell for suggesting that shit comes out way. We have our limits too anon.
>>
>>425432
It's just spam I'm guessing s4s children are responsible.
Lots of spam on /pol/ last couple weeks libtards getting desperate.
>>
File: Trump China global warming.jpg (21 KB, 529x221) Image search: [Google]
Trump China global warming.jpg
21 KB, 529x221
>>425480
>>427353
There's plenty of crazy conspiracy theorist stuff on /pol/. Like pic-related. Remember when they spent like an entire week having 100 threads about Hillary manipulating the Fuck H8 SuperPAC to make Bernie look bad or something? Thread after thread after thread of conspiracy nuts, despite not a single shred of evidence to support their crazy conspiracy.
>>
File: newcoldwar.jpg (3 MB, 1268x1959) Image search: [Google]
newcoldwar.jpg
3 MB, 1268x1959
>>430798
/pol/ discusses conspiracies but nothing as stupid as flat earth, the hillary thing might of had something to it I mean is it really that surprising considering the trouble she is in at the moment?
Hell I even enjoyed the silly INTEL threads even though it was mostly roleplaying.

All these flat earth threads are obviously some dick spamming anyone who has been here for a while knows this.
>>
The mods deleting flat earth threads can only mean one thing: they've been bought and paid for by the reptilian jew creatures.
4CHAN HAS BEEN COMPROMISED, EVERYONE GO TO FLATCHAN
>>
>>430805
>the hillary thing might of had something to it I mean is it really that surprising considering the trouble she is in at the moment?
But it didn't have anything to it. Sure it wouldn't surprise me if it were true, but there was never any reason to actually think it was. They were acting like they exposed some massive corruption, and it was all 100% based on speculation. You could just as easily have had 100 threads about Hillary bribing members of the Democrat party to get the nomination, then saying "well no there isn't any evidence at all, but it might be true because Hillary does shady stuff."
>>
>>430798
Those Hillary threads were part of an 8gag twitter raid. They were just using /pol/ for /b/lackup.

>>430805
The point is that those conspiracy posts are off topic for /pol/ in the first place, especially those Intellebro roleplying threads. But compared to flat earth threads, Intellebro threads look like model /pol/ posts.
>>
File: CTARdITUkAAVyKO.jpg (135 KB, 600x1084) Image search: [Google]
CTARdITUkAAVyKO.jpg
135 KB, 600x1084
>>425432
Thanks for letting me know what annoys you.

One fresh new thread on /pol/ coming up.
>>
>>425432
I like the threads that extol the idea that nuclear weapons and nuclear physics in general are hoaxes like the moon landing and Sandy Hook.

The idea that every nuclear bomb that ever went off... didn't exist. The idea that nuclear power plants are all smoke and mirrors, and probably just a gas generator hidden in that building somewhere. Chernobyl and Fukushima? All ploys. The fucking sun, they say, is not what we know it to be; It has to be /something else./

That's the worst thing. Flat-earthers, at least, you can ignore those with absolutely no effort. "Okay, not every person has been to space... some people are idiots no matter what you tell them. It hinges on WHAT CAN I SEE WITH MY EYES... and they don't see it. It's a larger-image kind of thing." YOU CAN JUST IGNORE THAT, outright. Just, yep.

How the fuck do people believe physics isn't real? How do they believe that atomic bombs were all just TNT blown up as hoaxes, or that mushroom cloud photos are just pictures of thunder storms?
>>
>>431200
They think science is evil and not to be trusted somehow. They would trust multi-national corporations over scientists.
>>
File: 1fb.gif (2 MB, 450x246) Image search: [Google]
1fb.gif
2 MB, 450x246
/x/ browser here

We don't wan't Flat Eathers, as well.
>>
>>425452
polnhas been dead and dying for a long long time now. this so called "cancer" isn't a catalyst at all. the population of pol is the one killing itself.
>>
>>431422
*pol has
>>
File: but muh climate conspiracy.jpg (268 KB, 607x819) Image search: [Google]
but muh climate conspiracy.jpg
268 KB, 607x819
>>431324
pic-related. Those global warming threads on /pol/ are pretty bad. They can't make any real argument so they end up just saying all of the data is fake and was created by non-profits and underpaid scientists as part of a conspiracy, while those brave oil companies are trying to get the truth out
>>
>>431324
>>431444
"And I don't wanna talk to a scientist /
Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed"
>>
>>431422
The rise of the moon hoax threads and the shemitah happening faggots are what I was meaning by "tinfoil cancer". There is a certain group of posters that come from tinfoil forums like ATS and GLP that come to /pol/ thinking the point of the board is to share redpills about their NWO conspiracy of the week.
>>
>>425432
I greatly welcome flap pill and am looking forwards to more pills because that will finally bring back the redpill to shitty meme status instead of the way of life and spreading hitler youths across 4chan and the internet.
>>
>>431633
Fuck that, I won't lett Reddit win this round. Red pill always has and always will be a simple metaphor with wide applicability. If reddit wants to use it exclusively for PUA bullshit fine, but they can't change it's meaning here
>>
>>431444

That pic is awful

>90% of the world's scientists

in the most pertinent fields*

Different branches of science develop different moral cultures, different social norms in the academy. If all ecologists were suddenly supplanted with chemists, philosophers, or electrical engineers (assuming equivalent expertise was also spontaneously acquired), the consensus might differ at least slightly in each case, and the methods and ends of research might differ drastically.

If we did the same with sociology, the deviation would probably be ultra-drastic in every case.

I know I'm splitting hairs a bit, but it's just important to recognize that consensus is not in itself suggestive of correctness or proper veracity.

Additionally, politicians would not be doing anything at all to combat climate change (even forming proposals or information campaigns) if the incentives did not positively relate to the institution they operate under (government). It seems deranged to have any knowledge of political history, then frame eminent private sector figures as psychopaths and politicians as good Samaritans. Politicians act in the way they do, because it is good for government (or their position in government, more precisely). Personal interests are at least somewhat modulated by external incentives, and I doubt you would claim that government primarily reinforces, rather than challenges virtue in politicians.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.