[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that we've cracked down on the 'reddit' problem,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 1453524095683.png (675 KB, 4750x2693) Image search: [Google]
1453524095683.png
675 KB, 4750x2693
Now that we've cracked down on the 'reddit' problem, I'd like to introduce a new problematic word that has caused much anger in this community: Fag.

People spam this word to the point of it not even making any sense, and you can even see people getting discouraged from it and having them leave our great website forever.

Putting a word filter on the word 'fag' will greatly increase the quality of this board as it contributes nothing to discussion.

>ITT: We give mods suggestions on what the word should be filtered to
>>
>/qa/ WILL fall for this
>>
File: 1433006788171.jpg (16 KB, 173x228) Image search: [Google]
1433006788171.jpg
16 KB, 173x228
>>423369
>>
just fucking kill yourself /q/posting fag
>>
>>423375

See mods. This is EXACTLY the type of shit I mean. Posters who use this word contribute *nothing* to the discussion. If we can band together as a community and hand out bans for 'reddit' nonsense, I'm sure we can see eye to eye on this problem.

We should honestly be treating all insults as equal. We need to encourage quality discussion.
>>
>>423369
If 4chan had wide-ranging obsessive fag hunts where everybody tried to figure out who among us secretly gets off to men fucking each other and screaming about how they were ruining every board ever, then it might be a good idea to filter fag too.

You know what to do.
>>
>>423382

Thank you for being able to see eye to eye with me - on the various boards I've browsed, I've always seen how being called 'fag' can greatly decrease discussion. It got so bad that we had to get an addition to this website - /lgbt/. Moot had to isolate them from the community just so they could create OC in peace that will probably be never seen by most boards at large. But honestly, it's time to put and end to this dumb nonsense.
>>
>>423381
Censoring words you don't like doesn't increase discussion quality, faglord.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>423422

If we can band together and all agree on the words 't b h' & ' s m h' being banned because they don't increase discussion qualityr, I'm sure we can do the same for one more three letter word. What's your reasoning behind your thinking?
>>
>Now that we've cracked down on the 'reddit' problem
>implying
Go back to re᠎ddit, fag.
>>
>>423434
a post containing desu is identical to the post without it except adds a layer of smug condescension

baka is used as an expression of disapproval but subtly differs from calling someone a faggot because it's usually used to shame minority opinions by appealing to a third-party audience as opposed to fostering dialogue
>>
>>423434
You haven't given any good reasons for censoring the word faggot or any evidence that it decreases discussion quality on 4chan.
That leads me to think that you want to censor it because you personally don't like it.
>>
>>423449

Exactly! I'm glad you share my thoughts. We need word filters to improve our experience.
>>
File: 63560.gif (2 MB, 320x454) Image search: [Google]
63560.gif
2 MB, 320x454
>>
>>423455
the usage of the word "fag" serves as a useful outlet for user frustration and a traditional 4chan insult

the widespread usage of the word "faggot" contributes to the overall quality of 4chan
>>
>>423452

What more is a group of people banding together than a bunch of individuals 'personally not liking it' as a collective?
>>
fagboy go back to /lgbt/
>>
>>423463

Reddit has been around since 2005. I'd say it was as much of a part of our traditional culture as the word 'fag'. I don't see your point.
>>
>>423470
>I'd say
you would be exceedingly wrong, as reddit was barely ever mentioned in its early days
>>
>>423369

you're too dumb to be doing social commentary, don't try it again.
>>
>>423369
"Reddit" is being abused as an all-cure reply no matter the context or subject, and more importantly being used to brand "thing I don't like". Trouble is because anyone can brand anything Reddit there is no end to it and soon every thread turns sour because no one wants to be discussing Reddit tier shit, yet seemingly everything is being called that. It's like a combination of a witchunt and the " no true Scotsman" fallacy.

-fag as a suffix is very ye olde 4chanese. It just means you really like something and many people don't have qualms even describing themselves with it, because it's just the vernacular here. On the other hand no one wants to be called reddit which is where the problems arise.
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
File: 1303624247990.jpg (51 KB, 425x301) Image search: [Google]
1303624247990.jpg
51 KB, 425x301
>>423553
>>
>>423369
fag
>>
Giggity gag.
What's in this bag?
Oh look, it's a fag!
>>
>>423455
>our
Kek
>>
>>423369
FagFagFagFagFagFag
>>
File: 1447632027450.png (498 KB, 948x960) Image search: [Google]
1447632027450.png
498 KB, 948x960
Fag isn't an insult in most instances.
I am a draw fag.
It is a term of respect - old fag.
It's an action - same fagging.
It's 4chan for user.
Peace faggot.
>>
I sure am glad the mods banned all those scary nazis from /pol/
Now its filled with redditors and trolls! :D
Now we can discuss serious political issues, like the spiciness of food!>>>/pol/62150017
Mods are fucking faggot cucks who need to
GO BACK TO ЯEDDIT
>>
>>423432
You are off-topic and someone else should report you.
>>
>>423520
I don't feel that first paragraph is true at all, personally. On the other hand

>"fag" is being abused as an all-cure reply no matter the context or subject, and more importantly being used to brand "thing I don't like". Trouble is because anyone can brand anything faggotry there is no end to it and soon every thread turns sour because no one wants to be discussing faggot tier shit, yet seemingly everything is being called that. It's like a combination of a witchunt and the " no true Scotsman" fallacy.

I personally feel the above is very true.
>>
baka desu senpai (shaking my head to be honest, family.)
Hello turbofag redditlord.
*tips fedora*
KEK
U
C
K

sage
>>
A fairly relevant poll.
http://strawpoll.me/6651610
>>
File: 1329282107531.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1329282107531.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>423369
>>
HAHAHA GOTEM
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.