[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does mentioning this place still trigger the mods?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 8.png (17 KB, 349x254) Image search: [Google]
8.png
17 KB, 349x254
Does mentioning this place still trigger the mods?
>>
Why would you need to mention it?
>>
>>420895
To advertise
>>
>>420893
Nobody likes that shithole. It isn't just mods and it isn't just here.
>>
>>420895
Whenever I see people suggesting dumb, obscure ideas for boards, I direct them here
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x1936
Reddit can go hear dick
>>
>>420900
It's sad because it would've been nice to have an extra chan and a few of the boards like /tech/ and /fit/ were better than their 4chan equivalents, there were also some pretty cool niche boards but the owner had to keep sperging about GG and crying about SJWs even though half the population didn't give a fuck.

It was so fucking annoying, most people left.
>>
>>420909
The owner was also a hypocrite. He used to own wizardchan before betraying the userbase and abandoned it then cried about moot doing the same.

Now he's even more of a hypocrite since he sold 8 to some random.
>>
>>420909
>even though half the population didn't give a fuck.
There are hundreds of little (shitty, mostly dead) imageboards that you could have gone to if all you wanted was to escape 4chan. Not sure what you expected with a flagship like that.
>>
I don't like the individual board owners and mods of that place. A lot of them are just bad or stupid, and the rules are a mess on most of them as well. It's a good example of how most people are not fit for management, or moderation duties.
>>
>>420942
>he sold 8 to some random.
Really? Didn't know about this kek.
>>
That site is just reddit the imageboard. Create and moderate your own board - that's what reddit is. I really don't like that.
>>
>>420893
You realize it was a Jewish enterprise in order to split the 4chan audience? Dumdum
>>
>>421156
though it least it got rid of Project Chanology - Right Wing Edition
>>
>mods
>love plebbit
>hate other chans
What keks.
>>
>>421159
>implying they can stand the company of each other
>>
>>421159
>got rid of
Christ don't I wish this was true.
>>
>>420893
It didn't get me banned but it's spam filtered so heavily that I had to spell out letters
>>
>>420893
ive heard the site's going down the shitter
>>
>>421641
It went down the shitter years ago, you missed the party
>>
>>421701
Why aren't you banned yet
>>
>>421040
>>420942
>some random

The guy who owns it is the guy who also owns 2ch now.

Think about that incestuousness: 4chan's current owner is the creator of 2ch, and 4chan's angry child is owned by 2ch's current owner.

It's a hilarious clusterfuck if really thought about.
>>
>>420893
Probably since the mods are a bunch of tumblr browsing reddit lover fucks left over from Moot
>>
>>421641
Lots of tech problems are making it nigh unusable.

For example, most boards aren't "live" and won't scroll past page 1 unless you use the catalogue.

And infinity next is absolute garbage. Slow load times and an unintuitive interface for most chan users.

It's on it's deathbed, and it's sad because it's not the concept or because of bad communities, but literally because the tech and backend administration is garbage.
>>
>>421724
tumblr's actually good

t. /co/
>>
4chan has literally the best imageboard software ever, combined with the extensions like 4chan/appchan X it's painful to browse other chans. Also, browsing 8gag doesn't feel right, not to mention the faggot owner who keeps ranting on about SJWs and PC and shit. At least 4chan is owned by comfy guy Hiro or before by based bro Moot.
>>
It's literally an imageboard version of pleddit. I don't get why the cuck mods dislike it; it should be to their tastes
>>
>>422148
>not to mention the faggot owner who keeps ranting on about SJWs and PC and shit
I don't know much about the cripple but what he's ranting about is a legitimate problem. Still, hotwheels is a gathering of losers and 4chan rejects and they can all go to hell. We're in good hands with Hiroyuki.
>>
>>422154
>what he's ranting about is a legitimate problem

Heh, nope.
>>
>>422207
>heh

are you trying to make me gay with your terrible poasting, because you're several years too late
>>
also this thread is probably being babysat by le jewniteam quality thread police so good luck getting any honest feedback

this site's been slowing down since 2012 btw
>>
>>422244

It picked up quite a bit after the fappening, but yeah, were approaching the 2011 era where this place was practically a fucking ghost town in comparison.

The 2011 slump was reached by years of petty mass perma-bans, poor moderation, the rise of Reddit as an alternate site and the site's stagnant layout.

This caused moot crica. 2012 to create a pony board to increase site traffic out of desperation, put a tighter leash on the mods and end the mass perma-bans, allow users to view the sight when banned and updated the sight's software/netcode.
>>
>>422244
>>422249
>implying slowing down is bad thing
I guess if you love drowning in retards.
Once of the few nice things of 8gag was that it was slower than 4chan but not dead like smaller chans.
>>
>>422266

8ch is great for it's non-legacy boards
>>
>>420985
t. mod
>>
>>422308
Because I couldn't possibly be a normal poster that just dislikes websites that are a mess BECAUSE of the rules, or in some cases, lack thereof. Most people don't know jack about rules and management of people. I'm not very good at it myself, but at least I'm able to see how bad most people are at it.
>>
>>420893

I advertise it on Reddit to divert crossposters over there instead of on 4chan.
>>
>>420909
Takes the bad aspects of /g/, make them worse, and you have /tech/. Don't know about /fit/ though, never visited either of them much. The general rule seems to be that the legacy boards on 8ch are just more extreme versions of their 4chan counterparts. With bonus cults of personalities for board owners.

Most people left because the website is broken at a core level and every attempt to fix it has been a complete failure. This coupled with the site admin going radio silent after a regular high level of interaction, and letting self-affirmed FBI snitches run large boards led to mass disillusionment.

>>422148
Hiro's a faggot but you're not wrong about 4chan being the most functional and well-developed english chan out atm. A decade head start and large userbase does that.
>>
>>421722
>4chan's current owner is the creator of 2ch, and 4chan's angry child is owned by 2ch's current owner.
This can't be true. This is too good to be true.
>>
File: 6789648345763.png (456 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6789648345763.png
456 KB, 1280x720
>>423358
Er yes it's true. Where the hell have you been?
>>
File: 1449307579424.png (36 KB, 801x577) Image search: [Google]
1449307579424.png
36 KB, 801x577
RIP :DDDD

>In a stunning turn of events the head developer behind notorious hate site 8gag, "Josh", has stepped down. The move only a month after a failed attempt to upgrade the site's creaky code. The update, championed as a new "Web 2.0" image board by its creator Josh, proved to be completely unusable. After 6 months of development and more than $12,000 in user donations, the project finally collapsed on itself - leaving the site as a whole in question.
>When the infinity next website is opened, it shows only a short phrase in Phillipino stating "Lord, patawad / Pagkat ako makasalanan / Makasalanang nilalang." A quick run through google translates puts it roughly as "Lord, I failed / I have lost my way / Take me to the next life." Some users have speculated that Josh, a known drug addict and former mental patient, might end up hurting himself. This wouldn't be the first time that an image board, home to the most vile content on the internet, had driven someone to suicide.
>Neither Josh nor the site owner, Frederick Brennan, could be reached for comment.
>>
>>421722
>>423460
Wait so the wheelchair guy stepped down?
>>
>>423472
No, the other autist that was supposed to write the replacement software

Jim Watkins -> owner and hosting provider
wheelchair -> admin
josh -> 17, sucked admin's cock to become dev
>>
>>423460

eh, the only reason I go to 8ch is for /cow/ and /furry/
>>
>>423460

Sounds on par to some 2005-6 era 4chan drama
>>
>>423460

According to /v/...

>Josh couldn't take criticism
>Had a victim complex
>Thought Jim would feed him to pigs
>Always thought people he was working with was out to give him and destroy NEXT
>Couldn't take criticisms over next and gave up
>Never told Hotwheels about the rage /v/ switch among other things
>Hotwheels fired his ass
>Now Hotwheels has four options: fix Vichan, move to Lynxchan, Fix Infinity Next with Jim and 2ch engineers, or fuck his shit up
>>
>>423549
>According to /v/...
>drama
Who cares, the only thing you need to know is that he wasted a lot of time writing all the fancy stuff, while never testing the most important parts of the software and expecting it to just work.
>>
>>423533
>not going for /loli/
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.