[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You like movies, anon? it's Sundance. Thanks, Hiro.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
>You like movies, anon? it's Sundance.
Thanks, Hiro.
>>
>>415385
Jesus christ..
>>
[Dismiss]
>>
I wonder if Hiro has ever actually been to Park City, Utah.

I've never been during Sundance but any other time of year the place makes Salt Lake City look like NYC.
>>
>>415405
I've been out there to ski a few times, but not during sundance, and its nice for a week to have a relaxed skiing vacation but I would't live there
>>
>>415409
Why not?
>>
>>415411
I don't want to live somewhere with that much snow and mormons
Its also pretty small
I honestly not a fan of spending large amounts of time in the mountains

I currently live in Richmond, Virginia desu
>>
I don't even know what sundance is
>>
>>415502
You like movies, anon?
>>
>film festival
>actually shows movies at best
>>
>>415790
Memes are shit. I think we can all agree on that. They were acceptable, like, 4-or-so years ago. Essentially they were slightly amusing inside jokes on the internet. Of course, at the height of their popularity (around 2010 - 2012), they started appearing everywhere; not just on the internet but occasionally on TV or in video games and movies. Your friends, coworkers and classmates would laugh at memes now. And they weren't funny anymore. This site is testament to that fact.

So who's to blame?

Well, mainly sites like Reddit, Memebase, 9gag, etc. And I'm not just saying that because it's cool to hate on those sites; they all spread shitty memes like a cancerous growth in a survivor of the Chernobyl disaster. These websites are where memes went to die, in a way.

But you can't blame them entirely, really. It's human nature to want to fit in with everyone else, and if everyone else likes memes, then you should probably check 'em out, too! And you did, and you laughed for a while, or at least pretended to. And then, when people finally bored of memes, which was inevitable, people started to dislike them. And then hate them.

So here we are, in 2015, and it is now a social norm (at least on the internet) to mock and hate memes because they're so mainstream. The ultimate irony is that hating memes is now mainstream. And yes, while I do personally think memes are shitty and should die a horrible death, and Reddit, 9gag and Memebase are all terrible, I feel the same way about the stupid people who think they're being cool and funny by making faux-channels called shit like "le epic reddit mememaster" with an avatar of a fedora neckbeard guy, spamming comments like "redditors unite!" in an "ironic" sense.
>>
Have you ever seen a grown man naked, anon?
>>
hello reddit
>>
>>415791
This is a pretty recent copypasta! It's not yet featured on reddit's /r/copypasta. Good work!

I did find it on some facebook posts though.
>>
>>415791
>So here we are, in 2015
You could at least update your fucking copypasta.
>>
>>415385
I think it's neat that Hiro posts announcements so casually.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.