[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What 4chan really needs is a ruthless dictator like moot to keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10
File: 1443259297542.png (5 KB, 208x191) Image search: [Google]
1443259297542.png
5 KB, 208x191
What 4chan really needs is a ruthless dictator like moot to keep shitposters in check.

Now we're stuck in a downward spiral that will not end until Hiro mans the fuck up and starts the purge.

It's time to make an example out of /pol/ to keep normalfag/shitposting boards like /v/, /tv/, /sp/ and [s4s] in check. It's what moot would have done in this situation.
>>
>>413144
/a/ is the only normalfag board on the site.

If you won't stay in your containment board then go back to /r/anime and stop pretending like you have clue #1 what 4chan really needs.
>>
>>413153
You don't belong here, please leave my thread.
>>
>>413144
>it's time to make an example out of /pol/
How about we make an example out of pussy redditfags like you? Huh? How about you lead the example?
>>
>>413161
Looks like the stormweenie is lost. Please stay in your containment board for the time being, we'll be coming for you later.
>>
>>413165
>wahhh wah wah stormweenie
Not even a stormfag you easily offended pussy wussy
Go back to reddit, I'm sure they'll enjoy you.
>>
>>413166
Homophobic slurs. Just another example of why /pol/ needs to go as soon as possible. Your presence is toxic to this community. I hear 8ch is looking for little edgelords like you.
>>
File: DSCF2028 (2).jpg (30 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2028 (2).jpg
30 KB, 300x225
ITT /a/utists blame everything on /pol/
>>
>>413181
/pol/ is the epitome of what is wrong with 4chan. It's basically a normalfag central full of offsite tourists who then spread all across 4chan pretending that they actually belong here.

>4chan has gone through different arcs in its lifetime. I think maybe, with a Japanese owner, it'll go back to its roots. When it started, in the first two or three years, it was very much steeped in Japanese culture and anime and video games and people who were hobbyists with a keen interest of Japan. And that gave way to what we think of as the golden age of the /b/ random board where it became this progenitor, this wellspring of internet culture and memes and whatnot. I don't even know what I would call the third or most recent arc. It's settled into being a broad image-centric discussion site. But I wouldn't be surprised if 4chan goes back to its roots and doubles down on just being very nerdy and some of the activist tinge moves on to communities that are better suited to that.

Axing /pol/ would be the first step to the right direction.
>>
>>413144
I agree. /pol/ Harbor Part II when?
>>
>>413187
Wrong. /a/ is the epitome of what is wrong with 4chan. It's basically a normalfag /r/anime clone legacy board that the original inhabitants abandoned long ago and is now full of self-entitled weeb redditors who think it's still 2005 and that 4chan is still an anime site when it hasn't been in a decade.

>axing /pol/ would be the first step to the right direction

You wouldn't know what the 'right direction' was even if it was posted in a sticky on /a/.

>>413193
When Hell freezes over.
>>
>>413171
>toxic
>muh homophobia
wahhhh! Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Oooo cuckoo!
>>
>>413195
Good afternoon, Reddit.
>>
>>413195
Why do you think your opinion matters, when you're so clearly new here?
>>
>>413203
Because I've been here since 2005 and I know 4chan hasn't been the anime site /a/ claims since then.

inb4
>b-b-but moot said!!!11
moot has been a redditor for 9 years, yet you still care what he thinks.

>>413199
I'm not from reddit you unoriginal buffoon. Get some new pejoratives already.
>>
>>413208
>because i've been here since 2005
Sure pal
>>
>>413210
Okay
>>
>>413211
Alrighty then.
>>
>>413212
Correctamundo.
>>
>>413211
Mmhm.
>>413212
That's fine.
>>
Please stop shitting up my thread!
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 717x880
If you post ITT
>>
>>413222
Every single person on /qa/ is from reddit.
>>
>>413196
>anti-semitic trip
>likes to name call like a complete baby
/pol/ ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>413226
You say that like it's a bad thing, and babies can't name call because they can't talk.
>>
>>413230
>babies can't name call because they can't talk.
Damn, I never thought about it like that.....
>>
>>413226
Go back to reddit you twerp.
>>
>>413195
>Wrong. /a/ is the epitome of what is wrong with 4chan. It's basically a normalfag /r/anime clone legacy board that the original inhabitants abandoned long ago and is now full of self-entitled weeb redditors who think it's still 2005 and that 4chan is still an anime site when it hasn't been in a decade.

Wait. What does it mean if 4chan is an "anime site" ?

You have boards dedicated to Japanese culture, and boards not dedicated to Japanese culture.

Are you telling me that, for some reason, one of these groups has to be deleted, despite BOTH existing without dispute since their creation?

Just because I post on /a/ and /jp/ doesn't mean I have something against /v/, /co/, or any other board. Its just not in my interest.
>>
>>413293
Nobody is asking for boards to be deleted except the /a/utist OP, who seems to think that anime should be the dominating focus of the site, and that all other topics are too normal for his refined and obviously superior tastes.
>>
Pol doesn't do anything wrong.

Just because you're a crybaby doesn't mean the board needs to suffer.
>>
4chan should be a place for social rejects and the non-Japanese boards are full of well-adjusted individuals who only visit 4chan to vent the socially unacceptable parts of their lives, they should all be banned to protect my safe space.
>>
But moot himself was a normalfag, though.
>>
>>413518
and anime is an utterly normal hobby, correct.
>>
File: TMMDrLw.gif (807 KB, 382x214) Image search: [Google]
TMMDrLw.gif
807 KB, 382x214
>>413144
>to keep normalfag/shitposting boards like /v/, /tv/, /sp/ and [s4s] in check

>[s4s]

Nigga what do you think s4s is supposed to be? Can you link me to an example of a "quality" post and a "shitpost" on that board?

Don't be a retard your entire life.
>>
>>413144
You want to kill the best board on this site? If you want to make an example out of a board make an example out of /r9k/, [s4s], /lit/ or /mu/. Purge one of the shit ones if you are so hard for the idea of fucking over the users of a board. That original axing of /new/ was one of the shittiest things Moot ever did, global rule #3 is bullshit, i want a few boards where i can post whatever i want outside of fucking /b/. Moot threw a temper tantrum and took his toys home and you want Moot 2.0 to make the same mistakes and fuck over his users? Fuck yourself OP, go to /news/ and ignore /pol/ if it bothers you so much.

And even if you don't like /pol/, you must recognise the need to have a containment board for the stormfags.
>>
>>413196
Oh for fuck sake. Shouldn't you be on Tumblr playing with the other babies?
>>
>>413529
Shit, i meant this cunt:
>>413171
>>
>>413528
>And even if you don't like /pol/, you must recognise the need to have a containment board for the stormf**s.
I don't have to recognise shit, pal. The best containment for stormweenies is straight up permabanning them and their whole IP range.
>>
>>413195
>reddit this reddit that

Holy shit will everyone stop saying fucking reddit?

People from reddit aren't the only ones fucking up 4chan. It's other anons who shitpost/memepost so you could blame redditors on it when it's clearly not reddit at times.

This reddit boogieman needs to stop. 4chan isn't some exclusive club. It's open for everyone. The downside is that since it's open to everyone, it's open to shit/meme posting, which is what most boards consist of due to little to no moderation.
>>
>>413624
>4chan isn't some exclusive club. It's open for everyone
4chan isn't inclusive, kill yourself.
>>
>>413632
it also isn't a sekrit club faggot.
>>
>>413166
You got offended pretty easily there, fampai.
>>
>>413621
>The best containment for stormweenies is straight up permabanning them and their whole IP range.
How sure are you that not a single /pol/ poster shares your ISP?
>>
>>413637
If that's the case, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
>>
File: >sekret klub.jpg (187 KB, 1012x471) Image search: [Google]
>sekret klub.jpg
187 KB, 1012x471
>>413633
Go away.
>>
>>413638
You're not just sacrificing yourself, you're also sacrificing everybody who shares an ISP with any /pol/ user, which is something like 95% of 4chan.
>>
>>413641
That sort of thing can just be handled through IRC or something.
>>
>>413643
IRC usually handles people who have been unfairly range banned by lifting the range ban.

If you want everybody who posts on 4chan to ask someone in IRC first (who the fuck is going to handle those appeals and determine the banned from the nonbanned) you might as well make 4chan a site with hidden registration and have done.
>>
>>413644
That's a great idea, actually. We could have some sort of a short interview to keep the unwanted scum out.
>>
>>413645
While I'm personally a fan of all sorts of things that make it harder to post on 4chan, moot was absolutely dead-set against that kind of thing, a huge portion of 4chan would hate it, and it's likely that hiro wouldn't be a fan either.
>>
>>413645
>>413646
In this regards, the only thing that needs to be done is actually have the convenience features removed and the catalog either removed or hidden in a way that requires a 3rd party app to use it. Ban mobile posting as well.
>>
>>413144
>[s4s]
>normalfag
>>
>>413528
I agree that all of [r9k], [s4s], /lit/ and /mu/ are shit, but /tv/, [r9k], /pol/, and probably /int/ are all worse.
>>
>>413647
I could never understand how people found the catalog a more convenient way to browse threads. You often can't even read the opening post completely, and you can't see any replies to the thread so you have no idea if it has devolved to complete shitposting. Most of the space is wasted on the opening post's image, which more often than not has fuck all to do with the thread's actual subject.
>>
>>413659
If you are looking for a specific thread its a god send. Otherwise, I agree and its pretty garbage of a thing.
>>
>>413661
>If you are looking for a specific thread its a god send

Therein lies the heart of the problem. It makes it way too easy to find and bump generals to keep them artificially alive, and to necro shit threads that should have rightfully died off. I remember before the catalog people used to joke that some people/boards did not even realize there were multiple pages. Now everyone sees all the pages at once but only in shitty incomplete form, and just lazily scrolling through the whole board at once removes the real function of front pages - to point you to where the most relevant/active threads are. Looking at a big list it's too easy to stumble into old dead/shit threads.

I notice sometimes the worst fucking threads get seemingly innocent bumps from the far-back pages with people responding to the OP post in a manner completely out of context of where the thread's conversation had actually gone. It seems those people clearly do not bother to read through the thread and just saw the title in the catalog and thought they would answer OP's question even if it was asked like 9 hours ago and he's probably long gone. These are behavior patterns that clearly do not help people actually learn how the fuck 4chan even works, or at least worked before all these extra functions stripped the fucking site of its original form.
>>
File: 004.jpg (172 KB, 1066x1600) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
172 KB, 1066x1600
>>413664
I was actually agreeing with all of that, dude. The specific was mostly referring to things like manga that isn't overly popular and has threads that can survive for an entire day on translation day. Said series rarely get threads outside of translation days as well except on big plot points and events that are funny or completely unexpected like pic related. Said threads are normally slow and aren't often on the front page, so they can be often hard to find making the catalog a god send. Other than that, the catalog is a piece of shit that needs to go along with other things, like auto-refresh.
>>
File: 1450512436998.jpg (2 MB, 2340x1570) Image search: [Google]
1450512436998.jpg
2 MB, 2340x1570
I don't know why you're unfairly painting all visitors of the /pol/ board as 'stormweenies'. It's a dreadful slur and I'm afraid symptomatic of a lot of the bigotry that /pol/ has had to suffer over the year.
/pol/ is a board of peace. Just because some posters claim to be from /pol/ doesn't mean they are, and even if we sometimes have actual /pol/acks acting out on other boards it's very often a result of all the hostility /pol/acks receive across 4chan. It's frankly unfair.
So please, before you start another thread displaying bigotry and /pol/ophobia, please stop and think of the repercussions of your actions.
Thank you for your time.
>>
File: 1450732496970-0.jpg (283 KB, 960x854) Image search: [Google]
1450732496970-0.jpg
283 KB, 960x854
>>413675
/pol/ is a known home of swarmfront, they actively operate and try and gain supporters of /pol/
I know this because i watched /new/ and old /pol/ get fucked up the ass by stormies over and over again until the cuck deleted them.
your average /pol/ kiddo doesn't know this, and should be wary of anyone touting an extremist doctrine.
extremism killed this site, the mentality went from 'why contain it' to 'FUCKING SHUT IT DOWN' overnight.
>>
>>413640
>believing 4chan was secretive to begin with

Please 4chan has always been open for everyone. If it was so secretive it would of required threads only accessible and view able by having an account.

go back to somethingawful.
>>
>>413702
>missing the point
>>
>>413529
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?
>>
>>413732
drop trip if you want to be taken seriously.
>>
>>413702
>le it's not a sekrit club haha it's ours now!
This is why open borders are bad
Redditors are Syrian refugees
>>
>>413733
I'm gonna drop my fucking fist down your throat you faggot. I'm a conquerer, okay? I blow everybody the fuck out each time they try to step into my area. One two three...and it's over for that guy! You're not gonna be any different, oh noo you're gonna end up like everyone else has. We're gonna be driving together and I'm gonna bump into your car and knock you off the fucking highway you goddamn asshole. Never mess with me again.
>>
>>413734
drop trip faggot
>>
>>413144
>It's time to make an example out of /pol/
>It's what moot would have done
but he already did you fucking CLUCK
>>
File: troll harder.png (98 KB, 331x354) Image search: [Google]
troll harder.png
98 KB, 331x354
>>413739
drop trip faggot
>>
>>413743
>not liking my freshly made pasta
>>
>>413746
thanks.
>>
docotr pavel im cia
>>
hiro needs to digivolve to hiroshima!
>>
>>413144
moot was a cuck
>>
>>413144
>/pol/
>normal

lmfao

By the way m00t is fucking dead
>>
>>413684
but likewise /qa/ is a known home of SRS which makes it incredibly hard to take any criticisms of /pol/ coming from here seriously. You fix /pol/ the same way you fix every board: get staff who actually understand the boards and enforce a decent standard of discussion.
>>
>>413144
/v/ is a mix between normalfags and otaku, /tv/ and /sp/ are where all the memesters come from, and [s4s] is ironic.
>>
>>413954
/qa/ is also a known home for reddit and 8gaggers. /qa/ was never possible to take seriously except by idiots, just like /q/.
>>
>>413144
moot made 4chan what it was

Hiro is cool, but he's just another user who has no idea what to do. We need a ruler
>>
yep
>>
>>413958
That's a typical mod shill response
>>
>>415065
That's a typical 8fag response
>>
are you insulting our new lord and savior?
>>
>>413144
I dunno man, most of 4chan isn't really a place meant to have serious discussions all the time. It's more of a place to have fun with people who share your interests. This site's been around for eons. It's never going to be the lawless little forum run by weeaboo teenagers it once was. I'd love it if mods were a bit more liberal in their application of the banhammer, but at the end of the day, quality comes from the community.
>>
>>413161
Back to /pol/, loser.
>>
>>413144
m00t was an apathetic fuck, not a ruthless dictator.
>>
>>415586
2007 was the to community like a thousand Japanese hornets is to a nest of European honey bees.
>>
File: pol.png (216 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
pol.png
216 KB, 368x475
>>413165
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.