[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Changes to how trips work when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1419028827677.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1419028827677.gif
982 KB, 320x287
There have been so many new people coming to 4chan for the past 1-2 years and it's extremely obvious, especially with all of the new and random tripfaggots on most boards and useless general threads.

Talking about people who are used to reddit/random forum and come here and immediately assume they need a name. People who literally delete and repost their post because they forgot their trip or name. People that go into a thread and reply to a whole bunch of old posts at once, half of it being irrelevant to the thread blogging.

There have been a lot of good threads that have been ruined exactly due to tripfag/namefag drama.

>just filter them

This is obviously not a real solution. If anything, the website itself should be set to filter them.

What would you suggest? Maybe only the owner of the thread can use a trip, in case he needs to be distinguished or something? Trips are useless nowadays and nobody uses them for their intended purpose. Just people attentiowhoring.
>>
Sounds like you're taking this website way too seriously.
>>
>>412123
Sounds like you should go back to reddit.
>>
trips should be made mandatory
>>
>>412126
epic joke /b/ro xD
>>
>People that go into a thread and reply to a whole bunch of old posts at once, half of it being irrelevant to the thread blogging.
i've only seen anons do that

>nobody uses them for their intended purpose
>Just people attentiowhoring.
that is their intended purpose

if you hate trips so much, get an addon that anonymizes everyone or go to a chan with forced anon.
>>
>>412214
>i've only seen anons do that

Lurk more.

>that is their intended purpose

No it's not. Lurk more.
>>
>>412097
A secure trip has no utility for its intended purpose because the only important people enough to warrant a trip in a discussion to identify their identity in respect to the discussion would be better off posting a screenshot of the thread and their post in the postbox and uploading it to their verified personal social media account on something like twitter, etc.
They have however never been used properly. The entire function of identifying your post goes entirely against the concept of anonymity. Even before 4chan came to be people abused names/trips on text boards as a means to identify themselves, basically treating it like IRC.
That is the main issue with 4chan in general: people treating it like a giant chat lobby full of chatrooms which recycle themselves. The idea of anonymous, ephemeral discussion is something most of the posters and the rest of their generation are fundamentally against, from a cultural viewpoint. They grew up with social media and being able to attach a sense of posterity to every single thought they expel from their bodies.

4chan was doomed before it began.
>>
>>412126
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>412246
>Even before 4chan came to be people abused names/trips
early 4chan literally encouraged you to put a name in the name field
>>
File: anonymity.png (15 KB, 1304x296) Image search: [Google]
anonymity.png
15 KB, 1304x296
>>412246
>>
>>412347
And? There's nothing wrong with change for the better. Nothing good has came out from tripping.
>>
>>412413
nothing good has come out of anonymous posting either
>>
>>412415
This makes no sense and if you really think this you should leave 4chan.
>>
>>412434
what good has come out of anonymous posting, then?
>>
>>412097
No. Just filtering them is the answer, Pooh Bear. Just filter them. That solves the problem for you who are so triggered by tripfags, and then it lets the people who aren't triggered keep things the way they like it.

Your opinion isn't any more valid than anybody else's. In fact, it's less valid, because it's a minority.
>>
>>412434
Looks like you just lost the argument. Well done. GG.
>>
Trips don't need to be fixed, but
>Trips can only be used if with an image
>image must be original content
They can simply namefag to shitpost, plain and simple
>>
Damn /qa/ is fucking retarded.
>>
>>412460
So just Drawhores?

I like it.
>>
Anarchy doesn't scale and isn't sustainable over certain complexity classes including those that arise naturally over the course of cultural affairs.
>>
I assure you that 99% of people use a trip for reasons you have not stated.

>This is obviously not a real solution
Okay, why not? Is it not yourself who claim tripfags are attentionwhores? By filtering them, you starve them of attention. That's all it takes. But no, you're just a little autistic fuckwit who wants to turn 4chan into a hugbox catering to his exact needs, and in such a utopian system, trips are not even allowed, righ?

Grow the fuck up, mate.
>>
When Redditors who have been here for three months make threads, this is what those threads look like.
>>
>>412642
That's the gist of what I derived from this. You can even go as far as posting things like this (>>412347) or this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3OTgTyujtE), but they will always persist to cry about it.

It's not even Autistic behavior, it's toddler-in-the-grocery-store behavior.
>>
>>412644
People are too autistic to know that "autistic" has a definition that isn't just "I don't like them."
>>
>>412097
heheheh

grow the fuck up fag
>>
>>412442
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but being anonymous makes me feel more comfortable saying things I normally wouldn't tell anyone.
>>
>>412951
I understand this with respect to being shameful, but it also applies to being unkind. I would much prefer it if people didn't use anonymity to shield themselves when being unkind. If people want to be anonymous while on /d/ though, I totally understand that.

The main reason I'm anonymous is because I don't want to upset tripfag haters.
>>
>>412644
Oh hey. Is that Seattle Washington from Roflcon summit? I was there! That really takes me back. What a great day that was. I got to meet moot, and also the lady who used to run Encyclopedia Dramatica before she took it down and made "Oh Internet" to attempt to monetize the network. I also met the guy who ran "The Cheezburger Network" which was really interesting, because he already had "Know Your Meme" by then, so Sherrod looked really silly.

I also met the fine folks at Internet Archive, who looked like adults next to all these other children. It was great.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.