[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest... how many of you have reddit accounts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7
File: 1448316025752.gif (196 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448316025752.gif
196 KB, 720x480
Be honest... how many of you have reddit accounts?
>>
I do. Can't really get around it when some companies use it exclusively for their feedback communities.
>>
Yeah I made one long ago but I literally forgot about it for years
>>
have one from when I was playing around with CSS on a dead sub I took over but I haven't touched it in years now
>>
>>406747
Every single person here does. If they say they don't they are lying.
>>
File: 1449100708157.gif (22 KB, 160x224) Image search: [Google]
1449100708157.gif
22 KB, 160x224
>literally made an account just to talk to a girl
>said girl has been ignoring me for seven months now
>later informed that she's been talking shit about me during those months

To hell with that fucker. My reddit account got abandoned after that.
>>
>>406830
Cringed
>>
>>406747
I have an account but I hardly post. I only go on small (kinda) subs like /r/emulation, /r/vaporwave, /r/dota2, /r/jailbreak. Default subs are absolute fucking cancer. Reddit is ok as a link aggregator but the upvote/downvote shit fucks up comments, creating circlejerks and a situation where people are afraid to speak their mind if it goes against the majority or face being hit by a ton of downvotes. It's the reason why reddit is such a piece of shit.

I hate /pol/ but /pol/ is a thousand times better than /r/news and /r/worldnews, people on reddit are such edgelords.
>>
>>406747

Hopefully very few.
>>
>>406955
I'd also like to add that /r/dota2 is a piece of crap sub, the users such Valve's dick and never fail to praise Icefrog when he puts out a shitty patch. It's full of assholes, I only go there for the patch notes analysis threads. >>>/vg/d2g is much better
>>
>>406747
I make accounts exclusively for trolling
>>
I don't, and I hope few does.
>>
I tried going back to it two or three times and I still couldn't figure out how to literally navigate that site.

Seriously, how did it pick up popularity at all with that dogshit interface?
>>
Don't have one. The UI of every aggregate site always looks like total shit with Reddit being the king of all aggregate sites. Though I do use it for yugioh and GTAO glitches when the respective generals on 4chan are shit.
>>
>>406747
>Click link
>Overrides tab of forum discussion instead of opening a new tab

No thanks
>>
Don't have one. Anyone who supports Reddit does not belong on 4chan period
>>
Never made one, never will.

Anyone that has one is on very fucking thin ice.
>>
>>406747
I have a reddit account. I spend most of my time answering questions and helping people. Occasionally I spew nihilistic "nothing you say matters" to people with political affiliations other than directly in the centre when I'm in a sour mood.
>>
>>406955
I always assumed most people did what I did where if you have a bunch of upvote karma you can afford to make some shit posts, so that just means that more than half of your posts need to be good to help fuel the shitpost engine. Half my posts that receive any votes at all are downvoted and that's the way I like it. I never dip below 0 karma and everything's fine.
>>
>>406955
>Likes /pol/
>dislikes /r/news

Have you tried the actually equivalent subreddit, /r/politics?
>>
not only do I have a reddit account, I have a tumblr account
>>
>>407661
I have a tumblr too. It's nice. The 'white people suck' posts get on my nerves, but on the blogs I follow those are really rare, so w/e y'know.
>>
too much shitposting in this thread
>>
I find the site layout of Reddit to be incomprehensible, so I don't bother going there.
>>
>>407781
It's not too complicated. You know how 4chan used to make you install an extension to get all the shit that is done inline with javascript now? There's a reddit extension that makes the site really easy to use. It puts a little square under the link that makes pictures/youtube videos/whatever embed in the page, and then the word "Comment" underneath a given link takes you to the shitpostfest.
>>
>>407798
fuck off Reddit. Seriously go back there where you belong.
>>
>>407882
I don't belong anywhere. I go everywhere and nothing you can do or say will affect my behavior. If you want a hugbox, go make your own website and ban everybody but yourself from it.
>>
>>407891
Praising Reddit automatically means you don't belong here
>>
>>407897
I don't see what that has to do with anything, or what makes you think you or anyone else has anything to say about what does or doesn't belong on 4chan.
>>
>>407798
>You know how 4chan used to make you install an extension to get all the shit that is done inline with javascript now?

Yeah, now I have to install scripts to UNDO what these inbuilt shits do. I can only turn them off to a limited degree.
>>
>>407933
Noscript, right? I figure you'd have that anyway.
>>
Nope. No reddit account, no tumblr account, no facebook profile.

Tons of normalfags on 4chan these days who insist it's natural to have a reddit account or a tumblr account. People like that only started coming here after 2010 at the earliest.
>>
Not only do I have a Reddit account but my account is named after a character who is very popular on Tumblr.
>>
>>407981
Also, my tumblr account is lesbian themed.
>>
Way back when (like in 2000) I used to post regularly on Fark. When Reddit was made they partnered with Fark which was bigger and more popular at the time. Reddit hit some financial problems and was about to shut down but Fark threw a fundraiser that literally saved Reddit from going defunct. At that time I made an account to check out their site. Anyway, Fark soon regretted helping Reddit as they eclipsed Fark and siphoned away a lot of their users. Farkers routinely tell people to go back to reddit.
I never particularly cared for reddit because their format is retarded. Why the fuck would anyone want to read replies based on how many votes it got? It's highly disjointed; comments should always be listed in chronological order otherwise the conversation doesn't make sense.
>>
>>407970
In my case I was on 4chan before I ever had a reddit account and I just never left 4chan when I made one. I've been on 4chan since 2007.
>>
>>408004
If you're in the majority of people, which the majority of people are, you're going to side with the majority of people.

The upvote downvote system appeals to the majority. To appeal to anybody else would be idiotic.
>>
>>408004
Most people who have been on there a while arrange their view of things (submissions and comments) in chronological order instead of by popularity as is the default. That way it all but bypasses the karma system and you see things with 0 karma that you wouldn't otherwise.
>>
>>408035
You also have to turn on the "Show negative karma posts" in the preferences.
>>
No, I don't. Only other community I go to beside 4chan is Ylilauta International.
>>
I have a Reddit account. Smaller subreddits aren't even bad and could easily be compared to generals with multiple, specific topics. They're very useful as a news source if there exists no other place where a specific topic gets constant news updates. Great for videogame franchises.

Any subreddit with more than 2000 subscribers is an instant plummet to garbage quality on par with /b/, though. I'm currently permbanned from about 9 subreddits. In the end, the only purpose of my Reddit account is the same as this (>>406972) Anon, but I do sometimes post helpful content on those very small subreddits.

>>407545
You can change that in account settings so that everything opens in a new tab.
>>
nope, never made an account or posted due to the nature of the site.
upboats = attention whoring and accounts take muh anons away which is something I take very seriously(inb4 leegun, i mean staying anon online in general).
>>
>>406747
I have a lot of Reddit accounts but I don't remember any of their names.
>>
I do, yeah, for my local city
>>
Yep, Reddit can be great.

My general rule of thumb is:

4chan for shitposting
Reddit for serious discussion
>>
>>408090
You're the exact kind of Redditor that plays the biggest role in lowering 4chan's quality by assuming the entirety of 4chan is a shitpostingfest. Keep shitposting to /b/ and [s4s].
>>
>>408092
I don't think 4chan is low quality. I think it serves its purpose very well.
>>
There are some fun subs desu
>>
>>408100
Those are some nice dubs senpai
>>
>>406955
>/r/dota2
>small
>>
>>408102
It's simple when you aren't a pleb chossei
>>
>>406972
This

I have -69 karma from like 15 posts in 2 years
>>
>>408038
Or click the plus sign next to the "Score below threshold" which people do all the time because they're curious.
>>
File: Selection_085.png (26 KB, 947x103) Image search: [Google]
Selection_085.png
26 KB, 947x103
>>408092
But you're a redditor.

And a tripfag.
>>
I'm glad we all agree that there is literally nothing wrong with visiting Reddit.
>>
>>407655
Can you explain the "karma" system to me? I never understood it.
>>
>>408387
Not him but they're literally just points for e-peen that you get if your post is popular. Nothing particularly complex about it. Means about as much as the points in Whose Line is it Anyway but people like seeing a large number on their account because it gives 'em a big dick.
>>
And contrary to popular 4chan belief, you are not locked out of posting or stifled in any way just because of negative karma. It is just a meaningless number on your profile.
>>
>>406824
I don't. Nice projecting though.
>>
>>408402
You are lying.
>>
>>407661
Tumblr is actually decent if you ignore the SJW bullshit side of the site.
>>
>>408412
Only like 15% of the people who visit reddit have an account m80. The people who actually post, downvote, and submit things are an obnoxious minority.
>>
Hands down the worst thing about 4chan:
You can't type FOREBODEN in rainbow text.
>>
>>408414
It's a site for fucking blogs and image hosting. Calling it "decent" makes you look like that kid leaning against a wall smoking a cigarette except it's actually a twig. You want to look cool and dismissive but nobody cares.
>>
>>408094
I think you're a faggot who needs to go back to Reddit and stay there. faggots like you ruined this site
>>
>>408092
>assuming the entirety of 4chan is a shitpostingfest.
Every board that doesn't completely revolve around sharing images is a shitpostingfest, though.
>>
>>408090
Anyone who says this should be banned on sight. Period
>>
>>408387
When you get upvotes and downvotes it keeps score. That score is called "Karma". These points were originally called "cReddit" but that was quickly abandoned as retarded.

If you and another person have the exact same score on a comment, then the one with the higher user karma score is higher. If your user karma score is negative, then it automatically falls at the bottom of posts. Your post can still be seen by people, especially if their settings list posts in chronological order, rather than by "Best" (with "Best" being the default) but usually you'll only run into people looking to pick fights with downvoted posts.

And if you're downvoted, that's probably because you too were looking to pick fights so the system works.
>>
>>408479
I should note the "with the same score" really only matters for comments with absolutely no upvotes and downvotes. Even a single upvote will make a comment from a user with -9999999999 karma be listed above a person with +999999999 score.

When two users with the same karma score and the same comment score are posted, the one posted first is on top.
>>
>>408465
But I love it here. Sounds like you don't though. You're always welcome to leave!

>>408470
Does it trigger your fee fees? Poor widdle anon.
>>
File: 1441241177225.gif (646 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1441241177225.gif
646 KB, 320x240
I do have a Reddit account, but I've only made like 4 posts. I can't say for sure that the discussion is any more or less full of shitposting on either Reddit or 4chan.

On both sites, the most serious discussions take place in the general life improvement subforums and I typically only read the FAQs and guides. For me that's /fit/ here, and various obscure subrebbits like /r/haircarescience and /r/wicked_edge
>>
>>408489
No one likes faggots on here. And your post just proved your probably underage and defiantly from Reddit. Hence why I said go back to where you belong where you can have your so called "serious discussions". better yet I think r/4chan would be perfect for you
>>
>>408494
You have down syndrome if you don't think someone is capable of browsing 2 different sites at once.
Just because you say go back to whatever and throw a tantrum doesn't mean anyone is going to.
Unless you can find a way to physically remove me from the site, I'm going to be here forever, so deal with it fuccboi!
>>
>>408497
Jesus Christ, cancer is so stubborn nowadays. You're very lucky that it isn't 2005 anymore, mods would have leaked your IP at this point.
>>
>>408503
absolutely ebin anon XD le legion XD lolxD
>>
>>408503
Did they actually do that?
>>
>>408792
well, the site was literally run by teenagers for the first few years
what do you think
>>
>>406747
I don't even know how to use reddit.
>>
>>408503
Heh, you know you're out of things to say when all you've got is "Man, in my dream world, you would be SO FUCKED right now!"

Go back to fanfiction.net or wherever you came from, kid.
>>
>>406824
I've literally never been on Reddit. I have been on /pol from the beginning faggot.
>>
>>408955
https://www.reddit.com/r/pol

You need to at least learn about what's out there.
>>
>>408959
I can see enough from reddit shitposters and screenshots/stories/discussions about the site on glorious motherboard.
>>
>>408951
>"Man, in my dream world, you would be SO FUCKED right now!"

In my dream world, everyone would be FUCKED
>>
>>408959
That is a really bizarre subreddit.

That one post that's just a link to a bing search page. What?
>>
>>406747
Me. Only use it to keep track of subreddits with relevant interests though.
>>
I made one because I needed to do some stuff on Animal Crossing but I forgot about it.
>>
>>408981
Sometimes, people should be encouraged to search for answers themselves.
>>
>>408951
It's pretty obvious that you weren't here before 2009 if you think it's a 'dream world'.
>>
>>408959
You need to kill yourself for linking directly to reddit
>>
>>408959
Also what a shit subreddit. Now I know you're one of the mods on there trying to shill
>>
>>409076
Is that really all you've fucking got? "B-b-b-b-b-but it was better in the past! Gosh DARN IT I wish the mods would ban you bullies!"

The site's changed, little baby. Deal with it or leave, because nobody cares what you have to say.
>>
>>409160
>>409162
Here's my answer to that: https://www.reddit.com/r/nope
https://www.reddit.com/r/lol
https://www.reddit.com/r/fag

What are you gonna do about it? You sure are mad that I literally just typed pol in the address bar and found some random subreddit.
>>
File: 1452570641584.jpg (23 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1452570641584.jpg
23 KB, 512x384
>>409198
>>409076
ebin
>>
File: 1396903802133.jpg (20 KB, 328x266) Image search: [Google]
1396903802133.jpg
20 KB, 328x266
>>409190
Literally you right now.
>>
>>409190
reported for breaking rule 2, 3, and 6.
>>
>>409212
mods are too busy submitting this thread to /r/4chan for those sweet, sweet karma points.
>>
Some subreddits are okay based on certain content.

For /r/news and /r/worldnews, breaking news is quickly voted up.

Advice: Never, ever browse /r/funny, /r/atheism, /r/4chan and /r/cringe. They are cancer. Relatively okay major subs are /r/LifeProTips, /r/todayilearned and /r/mildlyinteresting. Stick to subs with low subscriber counts. There is an inverse ratio between the quality of a sub and the amount of subscribers.
>>
>>409216
Those sly devils.
>>
>>408421
Sorry to trigger you, faggot.
>>
>>408421
And which kind of child does attacking something you don't fully understand make you look like?
>>
>>409241
objectively the only decent place on the site is r/badphilosophy as it's the only r/bad___ sub or meta sub that's not filled with fedoras or legbeards and manages to be an almost complete circlejerk
it's like [esfores] but with philosophy rather than postironic niceness
>>
>>409202
Nice Reddit reaction image.
>>
>>409278
>>409288
Samefag
>>
>>409206
Rule 7, retard.
>>
This thread should have been deleted. Advertising places like Reddit should be a bannable offense
>>
>>409995
That's a great idea, maybe you might like to create a thread for it here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan
>>
>>406747
This window will close in 3 seconds...
>>
It's only worth using if you know how to find good subs and they're only worth using if you know how to make good posts
>>
>>410067
https://www.reddit.com/r/nononono

I like this one.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.