[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can pol has back old flags? new flags that reveal the users country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13
File: 4chan_pol_logo.png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
4chan_pol_logo.png
300 KB, 500x500
can pol has back old flags? new flags that reveal the users country are shit

posters from certain countires get ALWAYS bullied out of every conversation simply for their flag

also i think id's are more than enough to idenfity user but also showing country location doesnt feel like an anonyme image board anymore. These kind of flags fit on int as it is about countries from all over the world but pol is political and you should choose a flag that represnts your political standpoint not based on where you currently reside in.
>>
YES PLEASE
>>
yes pls
>>
No, the new flags are best.

Fuck these guys.
>>
this is why we need old random flags back
>>
>>403962
>/pol/
>conversation
This is why people think you're retarded. Your board can eat shit, faggot.
>>
New flags = better

Keep country flags.
>>
>>403962
I want my commie flag back!
>>
>>403962
>pol is political and you should choose a flag that represnts your political standpoint not based on where you currently reside in.
this so much
>>
>>403962
POO IN LOO
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
>>
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>403973
>australia
>>
>>403969
Did someone vote for Obama? :)

Progressive!

>>403972
>>403971
No, the country flags are better, fuck off m8s.
>>
>>403967
>>403970
fuck these new flags , i want to post again withouth having to use a proxy, or else whatever i say ppl will ignore and make fun of the country only
>>
>>403962
>pajeet trying to not get bullied out of every conversation

maybe if you didnt SHIT IN STRIT this wouldnt be a problem
>>
>>403976
>>403978
>americans
See. Works without flags.
>>
>>403962
>posters from certain countires get ALWAYS bullied out of every conversation simply for their flag
> Its the flags that do the bullying, not the users.

This is a problem with your cancerous fucking userbase, not a problem with a small .gif image. But hey, anything to distract yourself from the fact you're surrounded by 14 year old edgelords, amirite?
>>
>>403977

POO IN LOO

BUILD WALL

CANAKEKS

TURKROACHES

Did I get one right?
>>
>>403980
Fuck off libshit. Go back to /co/ or /lit/
>>
Opinions on politics shouldn't be colored by the nation a poster happens to live in. Some Europeans know more about US politics than most Americans and vice versa.
>>
Country flags are best flags.

+ rare flags are fun.
>>
>>403962
old flags was the best, all these people that unironically prefer new flags can fuck of to /int/ and be newfags there
>>
File: 11787694.jpg (9 KB, 289x175) Image search: [Google]
11787694.jpg
9 KB, 289x175
>>403984
> typical /pol/fag counter argument.

You're literally making my point for me son..
>>
File: 1451254348640.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
1451254348640.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>403988
Fuck off m8.

Newflags are best flags.
>>
those were the days
>>
COUNTRY FLAGS ARE BEST.

FUCK OLD FLAGS.
>>
>>403990
best for what?ruinining conversations? being nothing but a /int/ clone?
>>
>>403994

Yeah, the pirate and nazi flags sure are fun, not.

Pls I can't take the obama logo flag seriously, why the fuck did people use them?
>>
>>
arguments for old flags are
>less bully of certain countries
>and choose flags about your political orientation

so but what are actually the arguments to KEEP the new flags?
>>
>>403998
>theyre better
>they're more fun
>we can actually tell when they're lying or not from being from a country
>gives more interest when say a German appears in a talk of German cuck issues
>can identify turk scum
>memes galore
>>
>>404002

>theyre better
how
>they're more fun
how
>we can actually tell when they're lying or not from being from a country
what is a proxy
>gives more interest when say a German appears in a talk of German cuck issues
only point i agree with
>can identify turk scum
turks can use proxies too
>memes galore
most country memes are cancer
>>
File: 1413452616570.png (99 KB, 234x231) Image search: [Google]
1413452616570.png
99 KB, 234x231
Only people the flags affect are those from shit countries like Turkey and Ausfalia. I say we keep them.
>>
>>403962
either an indian, mexican, or turk made this 100%
>>
would be fun but idk if i wanna sacrifice POOINLOO just yet
>>
Make pol great again,bring back old flags!
>>
>>403962
>can pol has back old flags? new flags that reveal the users country are shit
> posters from certain countires get ALWAYS bullied out of every conversation simply for their flag
> also i think id's are more than enough to idenfity user but also showing country location doesnt feel like an anonyme image board anymore.
> These kind of flags fit on int as it is about countries from all over the world but pol is political and you should choose a flag that represnts your political standpoint not based on where you currently reside in.

No you peasant whore

There should be 3 flags

IP flag

Manual flag

Auto-flag

This type of pseudo-liberal-conservative flag choice freedom is squelching out the greatest choice of having all choices

3 flags or die
>>
Country flags are cancerous. You will be having an argument with someone, they start losing it and so they bring up something random about the country as deflection.
>>
File: 1431442784378.jpg (77 KB, 592x794) Image search: [Google]
1431442784378.jpg
77 KB, 592x794
>>404022
>There should be 3 flags
God damn /qa/ is full of retard.
>>
more effort needs to be put into making /pol/ unusable.

for a start, some music maybe. and keep it for a month.
>>
Wow op, so you want to stop racism on a board all about racism?
So progressive for a /pol/ack!
>>
File: 1440465962544.jpg (156 KB, 1300x1235) Image search: [Google]
1440465962544.jpg
156 KB, 1300x1235
/pol/ is literally a NSFW /int/

I'm not really complaining though
>>
i was against flags on /pol/. It was the same issue that was discussed on /new/ when it was opened on --4,c .hon . net and people didn't find any use in it. /n/ didn't have flags and /new/ didn't have flags. Also /int/ didn't have flags. Krautchan had country balls but moot never thought about implementing flags on this site till he got upset with /pol/ (or for some reason he thought it was a better idea than ideology flags).

I also like to think moot added the flags out of spite. He did say he loathed politics in his youtube. Maybe he advised Hiro to keep the country flags.
>>
>>404040
>God damn /qa/ is full of retard.
It's redditors. This is obvious due to the fact that on reddit you can constantly change things yourself and basically have a lot of control over what's on the website, as opposed to 4chan where you sort of have to deal with what is already here. This upsets and frustrates the redditor and makes them want to constantly beg for changes to be made to the site.
>>
>>404046
4chan has always been racist. moot was just harsh on the news userbase because he didn't like a few opinions. Even if he axed the board just to troll the users, they get upset every time.

The news users were a mix bunch so anyone hanging out on the board got used to the bias sources and counter arguments. guessing moot wasn't used to it since the atmosphere was not something he would be used to. I dunno what he was expecting out of an anonymous news board.
>>
Enabling country flags on /pol/ made me realize just how bad my nation is at shitposting, and because of them, we're an ebic keme. You can guess which country I'm talking about.
>>
>>404071
New Zealand.
>>
>>403980
I'm 38 and what is this.
>>
Bring back old novelty flags. I miss posting as a pirate.
>>
>>404059
Is blaming reddit a /v/ thing? I never went on reddit and my homeboard was solely news oriented. In the beginning /pol/ anons didn't really care about other boards posting on /pol/ at all. It was a leftover idea of free speech from the news anons so their topics were greatly diversed. I wouldn't be surprised if other boards' users brought their ideas to /pol/ and it somehow got mixed in.

ew, interboard breeding.
>>
>>404080
It's not an anything thing. It's a conclusion I came to based on observations.
>>
>>404081
I just want you to know that I'm not mad at you and respect your observations. Thank you and have a nice day.
>>
>>403962
POO IN LOO
>>
>wahhhh the racists are being racist to me!
>I can't pretend to be white anymore!
Go cry some more you Indian fuck
>>
>>404093
ITT people who are so new that they don't remember that /pol/ used to have user-customizable flags before /pol/ harbor and that the /int/ flags were a punishment.
>>
File: 1451295296278.png (632 KB, 953x1256) Image search: [Google]
1451295296278.png
632 KB, 953x1256
>>404059
There are filters. In fact I use them myself to get rid of shitty bait and shills.
>>
>>404097
Learn to poo in the loo you shitskin
>>
>>404100
I'm an American who uses 3 trees up every time I wipe my ass. And I've never called it a "loo" in my life.
>>
>>404101
This is why /pol/ needs flags, so untermench like this can't pretend to be white
>>
That's what you get for pushing for racism and xenophobia, it's only great when it doesn't affect you, right? You reap what you sow.
>>
yes please
>>
i want the old flags too, fuck country flags i dont want to browse a pseudo int , this is a politics board so let me chosoe a fucking political flag.
>>
>>404231
This
>>
>>403980
You must be really dumb. His point was that users will bully other users if they are from a certain country. That is to say, the flags will incite the users to bully/gang up on a certain user. For example:

Someone from India says anything at all. Their post will be met with responses like:

POO IN LOO

or

DESIGNATED

I hope I explained this in simple enough language for you.
>>
>>403962

FOR FUCK'S SAKES, CAN WE GET THE OLD FLAGS BACK?

THE NEW FLAGS ARE ONLY USED TO DERAIL SHIT.
>>
File: jfeYq.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jfeYq.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
hiroyuki pls bring back old flags to pol
>>
>>404236
Yes. But if your post is good it'll quickly die out. If you're just shitposting I can't see why you'd mind people making fun of your flag. I find it quite fun.
>>
>>404236
Wow racism on the racism board? Oh noooooooo
>>
can any mod or hiroyuki say something to this thread?

i would really appreciate old flags as they fit better to a politics orientated board and country flags are really more int realted.
>>
>>404392
no, this is just the latest of hundreds of these threads that have been posted over the last few months. Neither Hiro nor the mods has bothered to comment except for deleting some of the threads when they pile up in the catalog.
>>
File: 1451316735479.png (757 KB, 740x720) Image search: [Google]
1451316735479.png
757 KB, 740x720
>>403962
>/pol/ memeing away opinions they don't like
this isn't a new problem
>>
>>403962
You shouldn't be allowed to make blatantly flagrant posts (entire point of the board) without at least revealing your country. It's only fair.
>>
I liked the old flags since they were silly and light hearted.
>>
File: amazed dubs.jpg (183 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
amazed dubs.jpg
183 KB, 816x816
>>404040
>404040
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.