[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No more Youtube-embedding, please! This is 4chan, an independent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1445103981399.jpg (110 KB, 769x713) Image search: [Google]
1445103981399.jpg
110 KB, 769x713
No more Youtube-embedding, please!

This is 4chan, an independent website, yet this site allows videos from Youtube to just attach themselves here like some sort of parasite.
What's next, embedded content from reddit?
>>
>>403696
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgyiHBnCQKs
>>
>>403696
>What's next, embedded content from reddit?
I think you're on to something, OP. This sounds like just the thing 4chan needs!
>>
I'm sure it would be abused to all hell, but it would be funny if any post with the word reddit in it was entirely replaced by a screenshot of a random page from that site.
>>
>>403708
Paging Hiro to this thread for the idea of the century
>>
>>403710
Even if it were set to only happen once in a hundred times, it would happen thousands of times a day.

Fantastic.
>>
>No more Youtube-embedding, please!
so go to settings and turn it off
>>
>>404051
It's a matter of principle, I don't think that 4chan should embed Youtube-videos at all.
>>
Are there really actual people who use the native extension?
>>
>>403696
That's fucking stupid. People had been posting youtube videos long before the extension made them embed. The extension only made things more convenient.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 550x412
>>404110
Why does everyone have to be such a whiny bitch about absolutely EVERYTHING on here?
>No flags
>filter these words
>unfilter these
>add this board
>remove /pol/ pls they disagree with me
>remove flags
>do this
>do that
>smug animu face
Christ this shithole consists of spoiled brats. Now you want to remove embed links to YouTube because it pisses you off that it makes browsing more convenient and does nothing to negatively impact the site? What kind of complaint is that?
>tl;dr: triggered
>>
>>404210
They're from reddit where they're used to being able to control their own little section of the website and they come here to epic shitpost memes and get buttflustered when they can't exert that same level of control here.
>>
>>404210
Your post is shit, but that's to be expected from an idiot who thinks lolcats are funny.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>>404364
>itz shit! :DDD
>no explanation for why it's shit
>he doesn't like lolcats
Hello reddit
>>
╔═════════════════ ೋღღೋ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful independent website ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no youtube embeds ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღღೋ════════════════╝
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.