[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remove Tripfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 6585469845.png (42 KB, 693x161) Image search: [Google]
6585469845.png
42 KB, 693x161
They're cancer to all boards.

Tripcodes can be useful in the right threads, but tripfags are making 4chan a worse place.
>>
Tripcodes are for jerks
>>
>>401825
They matter in some threads when you need good advice from someone with knowledge/experience. In other threads they're either entertaining or annoying, but easy enough to ignore
>>
>>401833
>Secure tripcodes are for jerks

FTFY
>>
>>401880
>when you need good advice from someone with knowledge/experience
Their comments should speak for their experience, you piece of shit.
If you care about an appeal to authority that much, don't come to 4chan looking for professionals. Go to the sites professionals create to advertise their experience.
>>
Forced anonymous + post IDs on all boards would improve the quality of posts substantially. Samefagging and attention whoring would be stomped out completely.
>>
remove anonymous
>>
File: Untitled.png (53 KB, 1250x270) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
53 KB, 1250x270
If it bugs you so much, just click the fucking option.
>>
>>401916
Post IDs are basically the same thing as trip codes, you're just removing the Name part of the tripfag.
>>
>>401956
>Placebo button

Tripfaggotry should be bannable. The purpose of trips is for content creators/providers to identify themselves and make content searchable on the archive.

People just using tripcodes for attention should be banned for the same reason we ban avatarfags. If somebody constantly misuses a tripcode then the tripcode should be banned.

Ask any /a/non about Siztra from a few years back. He's the shining example of how cancerous tripfags are. Forced anonymous and filters didn't help. He was such a notorious attention whore that every thread he posted in was derailed instantly. He had orbiters that would spam every thread and white knight him. He eventually quit and started his own imageboard dedicated to himself.

Misuse of trips should be banned.

>>401970
The nice thing about post IDs is you can't switch them off, since tripfags are notorious for samefagging their own posts, and they can reset every thread so you can't attention whore and try to make yourself a board "celebrity"

The downside of them is they can't be use for legitimate reasons like for scanslators on /a/.

Overall I think tripcodes just being moderated is the better solution than IDs everywhere.
>>
I can tell you, right now, I use to be an ardent tripfag, and was even internet famous on two boards!

Once you grow up, you take it off. They all fall away. Ignore them and they will leave sooner.
>>
literally nothing wrong with a persistent identiy, grow up
>>
>>402490
I second this statement.
>>
Only the OP should be allowed to tripfag in their threads
>>
>>402490
I agree that there's nothing wrong with persistent identity, and also feel there's nothing wrong with a prismatic identity, or a lack of identity, and that there should be places that have the alternative to persistent identities online, and 4chan is currently one of those places.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.