[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Additional Pass features
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1451637110859.jpg (90 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1451637110859.jpg
90 KB, 640x800
These are some suggestions that I've e-mailed to moot a little over a year ago. I believe he was asking for user feedback on the site & the 4chan Pass.

Since ownership of 4chan has changed, and since /qa/ has been a thing for a while now, I thought I'd post it here.

The current 4chan Pass only removes captcha. I was wondering if a couple of other features could be added to it.

>Remove post timers
This would essentially allow Pass holders to post without waiting 60 seconds in-between, much like the old 4chan. I don't think people would abuse this feature, because flooding is already a bannable offense. I highly doubt that anyone who pays money to post here are going to intentionally get themselves banned.

>Self-deletion
To my current knowledge, users cannot delete posts or threads after a certain amount of time has passed. Allowing Pass users to delete their posts/threads anytime could be beneficial to the board. I can't count the number of times I wish I could delete a thread just because it devolved into a shitpost marathon.

I'm not asking for it right away, but Hiroyuki, if you're reading, please consider it.
>>
>>399572
>allow spam
>allow people to do the old make a post delete it and then claim ITS THE EVIL MODS THEY ARE BANNING x
No
>>
>>399585
Spamming & flooding is already a bannable offense. Bans have a greater consequence on passholders, because it means they won't be able to post for X number of days (ie. losing their money's worth), or they'd have their passes entirely revoked.
>>
>>399588
People already use the fucking passes as shitposting passes. You are incredibly naive if you don't think that within a month of this being added, we won't go back to the old ages of spam. Having to spend money won't stop people from causing havoc. moot didn't implement this shit for a reason
>>
Some people are saying the inline extension/catalog do too much to remove the site's original functionality and encourages bad habits.

I agree frankly; it does encourage bad behavior by making all ten pages just a solid searchable block hence makes it way too easy to find and proliferate generals and otherwise certain types of threads that never seem to go away. That utterly takes away from the spontaneity and ephemeral nature of the original 4chan experience.

Newfags simply couldn't understand how catalog and extra inline stuff is bad for learning how to treat/use 4chan and enables certain types of threads that otherwise would be harder to maintain via only the pages system. Catalog/inline stuff is basically power user material and hence makes sense rope off as a pass benefit. On top of that if more people use the pass then post quality would inevitably go up since mods could just revoke passes for too much shitposting.

People would bitch endlessly that hiro is jewing them out of stuff that used to be free, but really these same features were already free as 3rd party extensions so if they're too dumb to find those that's their problem. That's the thing, newfags are too dumb to find those or realize their use. So they would be more inclined to sit there f5'ing the front page, which is what the original 4chan experience was on any even moderately quick board.
>>
Some new benefits would be nice, but >>399585
is right, those would be abused.

I'm sure it would be impossible to implement, but what if having a pass made everything just a little bit better?
>Wait only 55 seconds
>Upload files that are 5% larger
>Your posts can contain another 100 characters
>effectively delete your own posts (change the text to (THIS POST DELETED BY ITS AUTHOR))

The kind of stuff that wouldn't make it so you had to spend money, but you would make you appreciate having a pass more.
>>
>>399646
Pass users don't need special benefits. The only thing they need is the remove captcha. When you start treating them like they are special is when the site starts falling further and further into pay2post
>>
>>399646
>(THIS POST DELETED BY ITS AUTHOR))
This should be a thing for all users.

>>399650
I agree with that. I use a pass because Captchas suck.
Its bad enough that this shit forced me into paying up, I wouldnt want to see people feel pushed into spending money even more.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.