[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remove the Built-in Site Extension
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1437085090579.png (333 KB, 630x699) Image search: [Google]
1437085090579.png
333 KB, 630x699
Every board is infested with idiots making intentionally bad posts because they think that (You) is an upvote.

We need to stop rewarding them by turning off features like backlinks by default. 4chan was much better back when posting about shouting into a void. Now a large part of the site's userbase thinks it's about trying to get as much pointless attention as possible.

Anyone who actually cares about optimizing their experience here can just install the 4chan X extension, and most already have.
>>
I want Azuna to eat a Nature Valley bar while I watch
>>
>>399291
Internet was always filled with attention whores, are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>399291
Do you have that Reimu with that giant cereal bar?

I want ZUN to sue so bad
>>
File: Bm19CvOCYAAPTTX.png (236 KB, 512x915) Image search: [Google]
Bm19CvOCYAAPTTX.png
236 KB, 512x915
>>399310
>>
Disabling cookies breaks all site extensions, probably because moot wanted to force users to allow tracking cookies to be set as well.

You can still post, but you won't see quote backs and other functions. You'll have to search manually for any posts that quote yours.
>>
Just get rid of (You) in general
>>
>>399291
>they think (You) is an upvote
Let me get this straight, you're angry because people get too many replies? I don't think I understand.
>>
>>399430
fucking this
>>
>>399432
The problem is that too many users think that the only goal of posting is to get replies.

This leads to them posting inflammatory garbage at the expense of the site's quality.
>>
desu 4chan should just switch to kareha or 2ch ' s software and become a textboard.

I really want the textboards back.
>>
>>399515
Baiting/trolling has been a thing since the dawn of the internet. (you)'s just make navigation easier for people who ask questions.
>>
>>399291
The in-line extension shouldn't be removed because of (you)s, it needs to be removed because its TOO convenient and is making people treat the site like a lite forum chat room. As much as I fucking love the thing, the catalog needs to go as well, or at the very least, hidden really fucking well
>>
File: 1406443644744.png (360 KB, 625x512) Image search: [Google]
1406443644744.png
360 KB, 625x512
>>399579
>Baiting/trolling has been a thing since the dawn of the internet.

Trolling was rampant sure, but baiting was not as prevalent or as fucking BLATANT as it is now. Have you noticed the surge in images like pic related in the last 2-3 years? That's because baiting has lost all art to it, it's simply:

>Go into thread about X
>"I have Y opinion about X"
>Await Replies
>????
>Profit

There's no longer any soul or effort into it, and these faggots just give repiles or post images (like pic related) thinking they have some sort of moral high ground or something. Instead of doing, like a normal person should, Hide and Ignore it. There's a common misconception that "IGNORING IT WONT MAKE IT GO AWAY", when yes, on a site where everyone has a name this wont work, but on a site like 4chan, where everyone is anonymous, it will work.

I just wish these ____ (I don't know who it is, not naming any boogymen) would use some fucking brain cells when replying.
>>
>>399586
>There's a common misconception that "IGNORING IT WONT MAKE IT GO AWAY"
People don't use that for shitposting, that's applied to problems. Shitposting, trolls and bait has always been something you should ignore. The more you ignore it, the less it will appear or the more creative it will become. Something you don't ignore, however, is problems/cancer as you need to stump them out before they have a chance to rise
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.