[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you see 4chan 5 to 10 years down the line? Do you even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: hat.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
Where do you see 4chan 5 to 10 years down the line? Do you even think it'll survive for that long?
>>
hiro will sell it to some guy who will remove everything and replace the entire website with ads
>>
File: 1396974909048.jpg (61 KB, 455x606) Image search: [Google]
1396974909048.jpg
61 KB, 455x606
>>398228
Probably but it's all downhill from here. The peak was years ago.

All that said doesn't mean a renaissance isn't possible, just not probable.

I'm more worried about the possibility of a chan war with certain similarly named domains I won't mention.
>>
>>398228
I sense another golden age
>>
>>398240
8ch has like 6 users.
>>
>>398242
It will never happen. The internet is too pop culture.
>>
>>398240
>chan war
kek.

Although I do agree that Hiro doesn't have the passion that Jewt had and will probably sell 4chan off to the highest bidder when he realizes he won't be making any money from it
>>
>>398243
It's the ownership...

When I saw Jim Watkins turn up in a youtube panel hosted by Milo from breitbart a couple of months ago that was about Gamergate with Ben Garrison and Sargon of Akkad, I know things are getting weird.
>>
>>398246
Who care about that guy. He's weird as fuck. He'll probably write a few blogs about how 4chan sucks and stroke his 40 year limp dick over his facination with Internet serious business
>>
>>398244
Things could very well change by 2020. Obviously shitposts will still run rampant here but if we actually try to make change here we could actually get something done. Perhaps some new good boards aswell.
>>
>>398249
The only thing that will change on the Internet is stricter government moderation.
>>
>>398228
I doubt 4chan will survive that long, honestly.
Now that moot is gone and the site is owned by a clueless idiot who can barely speak english, all it will take is a little drama on the inside to bring it all down. It's just a matter of time.
>>
>>398267
This Tbh.

I feel like the site is going to die soon more than i ever did.
>>
>>398266
Unfortunately that's actually very likely and something almost certainly unpreventable
>>
There will never be another 4chan. Not even 4chan.
&(:'^<)-|-<~
>>
>>398228
At least one of the following is likely to happen:
- Hiro explores some new monetization options that will be unpopular with the community
- 4chan will end up with hundreds of boards like 2channel
- moot somehow returns to 4chan staff

As for survivability, 4chan will last for quite some time definitely, as long as internal and external drama remains minimal. 4chan's got too much mindshare, it's basically the coca-cola of the "scary" part of the internet.

Even if it buckles from lack of funds, someone somewhere will step up and try to keep it alive. It won't look like the 4chan we know today, but it'll definitely be alive :/
>>
Overrun by shills, /pol/acks, autists and /soc/ content, with little to no effort at actually enforcing the global rules anymore. Hiro will have completely given up on the site at this point, and there will be malware ad frames plastered between every post. The CAPTCHA system will be even worse, blatantly exploiting posters for extra revenue with shit like "Watch this 20-second video, then type 'Ford Focus' into the box to complete your post!"

And of course, people will just gobble that shit up, because any serious posters will have long since abandoned 4chan and moved on with their lives.
>>
>>399341
And what, pray tell, counts as a "serious poster" in your book?

inb4 moeshit, capeshit, dickgirls, etc...
>>
>>398246
I'm still impressed that Zyklon Ben got involved in 4chan-related politics in the7 first place. It's like we actually have an effect on the world.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.