[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 predictions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: aaaaaa.png (264 KB, 616x464) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.png
264 KB, 616x464
What do you think will happen in your home board in 2016? What big event will happen to all of 4chan?
>>
>>397932
My home board is /qa/, lately.

I think it'll be deleted.
>>
>>397932
I'm hoping the developers add a point system on April Fool's day.
>>
/v/ will, somehow, become even worse.
>>
>>397932
Hopefully this shitty board is removed
>>
>>398160
Starting with you, /u/Jewbacca !XxHPIR9uyc
>>
>>397932
We'll probably slow down for awhile, then resurge as soon as Season 6 is announced.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 83x127) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 83x127
>>398179
>>
>new Radiohead, Death Grips and Kanye West

My board is gonna shit itself
>>
>>398195
Tell your board to stop killing musicians
>>
File: 1448826926186.jpg (17 KB, 467x348) Image search: [Google]
1448826926186.jpg
17 KB, 467x348
>>397932
Hiro discovers 2009 Boxxy memes. makes her an Admin out of not understanding what is meant by "queen of /b/".
>>
>>397932
>/a/
nothing major will happen unless Guts gets back on another boat.

>/v/

I think /v/ is reaching a critical mass soon. The ironic posting can only take up so much of the front page.

In 2013 /v/ reached a critical shitposting mass which made the board unreadable for a year. I think we're approaching that level once more. When it happens, it's a snowball effect. Shitposters beget more shitposters because "everyone is doing it."

It will become rare soon to see a truly video game thread instead of bait-posting disguised as video games or worthless shit that should be culled. Nothing will be done, we'll have another 2013 again.
>>
File: 1433546413373.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1433546413373.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>American presidential elections will trigger an OC renaissance on /pol/ even bigger than the Zimmerman trial
>clashes between /pol/ and /leftypol/ will become more common
>Baneposting finally loses popularity
>New Gorillaz, Kanye, and Death Grips albums stir up /mu/
>/tv/ becomes the new /b/, mods completely abandon ship
Overall, I don't think anything on the level of Gamergate, the Fappening, or Chanology will happen
>>
>>398247
>>Baneposting finally loses popularity
Lol
>>
/d/ and /aco/ will die off, and all the NSFW boards will find themselves flooded with futa pics.

either that or /fetish/ will appear, and /d/ will live on under a new name...

latter seems unlikely.
>>
>>398247
>2016
>Baneposting finally loses popularity
Somebody get this hothead outta here!
>>
>>397932
trump will make 4chan great again
>>
/x/ will be the same as 2015 and 2014 but with even less creepy threads as more notparanormal.jpg newfriends join.
>>
>/a/
Shingeki no Kyoujin aka Attack on Titan season 2 is in Fall.

>4chan wide
Not sure. Hiro and co. already picked the low-hanging fruit making a history board and a couple niche boards.

Since we can't guess what'll happen I'll just pitch an ideal scenario - better control/active encouragement of people to stop acting like /b/tards outside of /b/. The fucking global rules were specifically designed to prevent that yet that status quo means utterly nothing on most of the larger boards. They can't seem to fucking control themselves to the point of just utterly nixing/derailing a lot of discussion. 4chan's always been immature but to let even blue boards be little more usable/sensible than /b/ itself is just inexcusable.

/pol/, /r9k/, /int/ and /tv/ need to reigned in. There is some kind of zeitgeist of shitposting behavior/utterly lower standards that is at least somewhat shared between these boards in particular, that to me truly is the new cancer of our age that needs a fucking heavy chemo because people talking like that just assume that they can shit up everywhere else on 4chan the same way. They truly do not respect their boards so they truly do not respect other boards people actually care about. DO SOMETHING, staff, otherwise '16 will only be a far worse year than this last one for 4chan. I'm guessing Hiro doesn't understand this problem for shit because he's so new to 4chan. He should be educated on it to make better decisions.
>>
>>398247
I really like you and your optimism. Please stick around. I'm serious. We need more people like you.

Also, holy shit /pol/ is going to be amazing. Trump vs Sanders is going to be so great.
>>
>>397932
Hopefully 2016 will see the continuing decline of the popularity of anime so that there will be less self entitled weebs like >>398284 who think other boards besides their own containment board need to be 'reigned in'.
>>
>>398293
What, so people can post about cucks and SJWs all day? Seriously who gives a fuck about that. That shit's pure fucking cancer. You bring in tumblr and leddit's problems into the site just talking about them so much. Go fight them on their own sites instead of bring their stupid bullshit over here.
>>
more reddit fags
more claims of SJW tumblr shit
new boards that don't serve their intended purpose
hiro fucks up the site even more
>>
>>397932
Hopefully 2016 will see the continuing decline of the popularity of normalfags so that there will be less self entitled retards like >>398293 who think the website is made for them and not japshit and niche hobbies
>>
>>398293
They do need to be reigned in. Edgy contrarian shit used to be /b/ territory but is now in /pol/, and /pol/ mentalities are leaking into other boards and bringing in stupid nonproductive discussion. It is literally the same fucking thing over and over again just spliced into other threads/topics. It is not just because it's edgy2dacore shit that only spouts negativity and doesn't like any attempt at rational discussion, but it is in fact boring as shit to see the same things pop up over and over. Talking to the /pol/ hivemind you would think the whole thing was run by one or two people who just type really really fast. Shit sucks so bad.

I'm not sure what to do about it save for delete /pol/ (moot's biggest mistake clearly was to bring it back) but I hope something can be figured out. Of course, the shitty people ruining the boards don't want to change anything, because they do not know how to be good posters to begin with hence don't want to be outed as worthless boring shits who cannot actually carry a conversation or have much of anything interesting to say. So they will try to stop it. They will reply to this post trying to win with memes. But they know deep down they're just a bunch of hot air and fucking deserve to have the rug pulled from under them for actively making 4chan worse.
>>
>>397932
Well I fully expect /v/ to figure out a way to become even worse.
>>
>/jp/
more touhous
more vns
probably other stuff too but I don't care about it so I ignore it
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.